PDA

View Full Version : Who's to blame for the BRUTAL run defense?

B&RWarrior
11-12-2012, 06:05 PM
I think its the D line and the linebackers. There is only one player on that line whose job is safe- JPP. No other player has proved that he is adding value on a consistent basis. The LBS are playing very poorly as well. Cincinnati ran the ball straight down our throats, right between the tackles. It was hard to watch. It's obvious we need to get some more stout run support, especailly up the middle at DT. All season they have been getting blown off the ball.

CDN_G-FAN
11-12-2012, 06:07 PM
we keep looking for people and things to 'blame' after these last few games.

until this season is over i think its difficult to point fingers.

we harrased alex smith near relentlessly 4 games ago, so its hard to say who's to blame, who stays and who goes until we've seen the full season.

but you and i agree on at least this: something is very very wrong.

Toadofsteel
11-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Well, Kuhn suffered an ACL, so he's most likely out now. Osi had a relatively decent showing vs the run (still horrible, but better than I've seen from a lot of Osi). Boley looked absolutely lost though...

jomo
11-12-2012, 06:08 PM
I think its the D line and the linebackers. There is only one player on that line whose job is safe- JPP. No other player has proved that he is adding value on a consistent basis. The LBS are playing very poorly as well. Cincinnati ran the ball straight down our throats, right between the tackles. It was hard to watch. It's obvious we need to get some more stout run support, especailly up the middle at DT. All season they have been getting blown off the ball.I am trying to think of a counterpoint and I can't come up with one. (I would add Linval to the list of people who should be considered safe)

Moke
11-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Execution. Believe we are afraid to rush too hard in fear of having the secondary being torched.

B&RWarrior
11-12-2012, 07:36 PM
I am trying to think of a counterpoint and I can't come up with one. (I would add Linval to the list of people who should be considered safe)

I thought Linval too, but not the way Cincinnati ran STRAIGHT UP the middle. I'm being a little dramatic here, obviously were no cutting Linval.

GameTime
11-12-2012, 08:22 PM
who is to blame??.......
take your pick....

players
coaches
scheme
lack of discipline
poor fundamentals
poor technique
poor communication
poor leadership

its a total package deal.......the whole thing just sucks.....

Cloud57
11-12-2012, 08:38 PM
it's simple players are soft and slow so they can't catch up to the RBs

CDN_G-FAN
11-12-2012, 08:41 PM
who is to blame??.......
take your pick....

players
coaches
scheme
lack of discipline
poor fundamentals
poor technique
poor communication
poor leadership

its a total package deal.......the whole thing just sucks.....

+1

good summary, and 100% accurate.

Dwinsballgames
11-12-2012, 08:46 PM
they only gave up 76 yards on the ground yesterday. I actually thought the did OK vs the run. Pass defense on the other hand....

bigblue2088
11-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Sanchez, time for Tebow

Flip Empty
11-12-2012, 09:10 PM
The team sucks. For now, that's all you can say.

Tmurda1984
11-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Yea the run defense wasnt as bad yesterday as it was last week. Chase Blackburn was a HUGE IMPROVEMENT over Herzlich. Green-Ellis was stuffed all day long....our secondary let our down and Eli Manning throwing some bad INT's but this defense in terrible shape. If Eli Manning and Corey Webster step up we will see a significant difference. Eli and Webster seems to be the top most important guys on our team....when these guys struggle we struggle. In 07, Eli and Webster made a name for themselves and got hot at the end of the year...their solid play continued for several seasons until the last few weeks.