PDA

View Full Version : I am placing

BuffyBlueII
11-12-2012, 05:19 PM
the blame right where it belongs. Granted, we have been playing poorly all the way around but this team goes how Eli Manning goes and I am placing it mainly on him. We give him the accolades when he wins SuperBowls as being the most important part of this team, so it is only fair that we put him on the spot when we are doing bad and he is playing terrible.

Morehead State
11-12-2012, 05:22 PM
the blame right where it belongs. Granted, we have been playing poorly all the way around but this team goes how Eli Manning goes and I am placing it mainly on him. We give him the accolades when he wins SuperBowls as being the most important part of this team, so it is only fair that we put him on the spot when we are doing bad and he is playing terrible.
Welcome to the dark side.
Be prepared.

tcseacliff
11-12-2012, 05:23 PM

why did Cruz drop that pass? Bad throw by ELI? he had to reach for it? wrong route? NO,NO,NO ! I put a lot of the blame on the people named in the huddle to do execute the plan, while nullifying the opponent, ain't all on Eli!

Eliscruzzz
11-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Cause dropped passes, dd and Bradshaw and the defense not getting any pressure has nothing to do with us losing too. I agree Eli deserves SOME blame not all.

Toadofsteel
11-12-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm willing to strip him of his "elite" title the way he's been playing. But I'm not going to throw him under the bus just yet. DD deserves just as much credit for 3 of the 4 sacks, and 2 of the turnovers...

Oh, and Morehead, I know you're willing to circle jerk Simms at the drop of a hat, but unless Eli has a career-ending injury, I highly doubt he's not going to throw at least 2 more TD passes to surpass Simms' record.

Eliscruzzz
11-12-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm willing to strip him of his "elite" title the way he's been playing. But I'm not going to throw him under the bus just yet. DD deserves just as much credit for 3 of the 4 sacks, and 2 of the turnovers...

Oh, and Morehead, I know you're willing to circle jerk Simms at the drop of a hat, but unless Eli has a career-ending injury, I highly doubt he's not going to throw at least 2 more TD passes to surpass Simms' record.lol

TheEnigma
11-12-2012, 05:35 PM
No one on offense is really playing all that well except Beatty. Of course, he always has to have his 4th quarter holding penalty that hurts us lol.

Morehead State
11-12-2012, 06:16 PM

Oh, and Morehead, I know you're willing to circle jerk Simms at the drop of a hat, but unless Eli has a career-ending injury, I highly doubt he's not going to throw at least 2 more TD passes to surpass Simms' record.
What an odd thing to say.

BuffyBlueII
11-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Cause dropped passes, dd and Bradshaw and the defense not getting any pressure has nothing to do with us losing too. I agree Eli deserves SOME blame not all.

I understand where you are coming from. I am the biggest Eli supporter and have watched him dictate the course of games and adapt how he has so we can win. I give him most of the accolades for winning the SuperBowls. As of late he has been playing poorly and I am going to call it. He needs to take care of busines, play better and get the offense in line. Our team wins and loses on how Eli perfoms.

Rusty192
11-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Interesting how all the 'big Eli supporters' are suddenly putting all the blame on Eli. Man he must be really pissing you off right now lol

Buddy333
11-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Almost the entire team is playing at a lesser level than they did last year. There is no way you can place all he blame on Eli.

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 11:19 PM
This doesn't make any sense. When we win games it's a "team win" but when we lose, it's Eli's fault. Everyone is to blame including coaches. Let's stop nitpicking here.

Hessian
11-12-2012, 11:22 PM
I forgot I was watching a doubles tennis match.... There are 11 ppl on each side of the ball, lets spread the blame equally. While Eli has played like dog ****, so have the majority on both sides of the ball for us. It would be much easier to name the handful that are playing well.

talbot
11-12-2012, 11:28 PM
If you take a crap and it stinks, dont blame one turd.

Morehead State
11-13-2012, 12:01 AM
This doesn't make any sense. When we win games it's a "team win" but when we lose, it's Eli's fault. Everyone is to blame including coaches. Let's stop nitpicking here.
I suppose it depends on the poster. With some folks when we win its because Eli carried us on his back. When we lose the rest of the team let Eli down.

Hessian
11-13-2012, 12:06 AM
I suppose it depends on the poster. With some folks when we win its because Eli carried us on his back. When we lose the rest of the team let Eli down.
Hard to argue, but to think that "some" folks opinions speak for the majority seems to be a constant here. I believe most would place the fame/blame on the team than pronounce the second coming or the apocalypse on a single player.

Morehead State
11-13-2012, 12:24 AM
Hard to argue, but to think that "some" folks opinions speak for the majority seems to be a constant here. I believe most would place the fame/blame on the team than pronounce the second coming or the apocalypse on a single player.
The dynamics of these boards has changed quite a bit over the last several years. The prevailing attitude here was very "blame Eli". Many more anti-Eli guys than pro-Eli. I was definitley a pro-Eli guy then. Because ai thought he was a very good player but not great. I suppose that made me a homer.
Now the "Eli is the greatest QB in the NFL" sentiment has taken over. Its not a bad thing unless of course you challenge it. I think he's a very good QB but not great. Now that makes me a hater. My opinion is the same. Its the world that's changed.

But over the past 4 weeks there is an undeniable reality about our QB. By no measure has he been anything but aweful. Now there are a few stragglers who still insist that Eli's poor play is a product of other players or coaches. But to most fans it been clear.

So I suppose in the end there may be a consensus. The haters and homers have more blurred lines between them. The reality that Eli is a very good QB with a knack for the clutch, but also still a streak of foolishness at times with the ball and inconsistent play.
Its who he is.