PDA

View Full Version : why are the Giants collapsing?

NJBLUE
11-12-2012, 05:23 PM
I've read all of the threads but I still can't figure out what the Giants problem is. Can somebody tell me point blank what the Giantd main problem is?

G.I. Ants
11-12-2012, 06:14 PM
The team is just in a big slump. It is mostly mental from what I've been seeing. We should have lost to Dallas and should have beat Pittsburgh. The Cincy loss was just a complete breakdown. Way too many mistakes let and opportunistic team capitalize off of them.

Some things I noticed these past few weeks. Deihl should get demoted and utilized in other ways. I know what he has done for this franchise, but he is a liability. Locklear has showed that he is a capable starter. Coughlin needs to swallow that pride and let the better player start.

Secondary lapses is one of the most infuriating things I've seen involving this team. Hosley leaving his feet instead of just securing the tackle. Stevie Brown/C.Webb miss calculating costing a huge AJ Green score. Mike Wallace burning the entire team for a game changing score. For those who thought Kenny Phillips isn't missed, are sadly mistaking.

The D-line is inconsistent and the linebacker play is mediocre for some reason. I've noticed many teams running right up the gut or doing simple short passes to open things up. Change up the scheme because it looks like teams know exactly how to attack attack the defense.

I have absolutely no understanding on what has happened to the special teams coverage as of late for it has been terrible. The last few games, poor ST play has been very costly.

Bye week coming up is definitely needed because I think this team needs a little break to get that itch to win back.

oldgiantfan
11-12-2012, 06:23 PM
The team is just in a big slump. It is mostly mental from what I've been seeing. We should have lost to Dallas and should have beat Pittsburgh. The Cincy loss was just a complete breakdown. Way too many mistakes let and opportunistic team capitalize off of them.

Some things I noticed these past few weeks. Deihl should get demoted and utilized in other ways. I know what he has done for this franchise, but he is a liability. Locklear has showed that he is a capable starter. Coughlin needs to swallow that pride and let the better player start.

Secondary lapses is one of the most infuriating things I've seen involving this team. Hosley leaving his feet instead of just securing the tackle. Stevie Brown/C.Webb miss calculating costing a huge AJ Green score. Mike Wallace burning the entire team for a game changing score. For those who thought Kenny Phillips isn't missed, are sadly mistaking.

The D-line is inconsistent and the linebacker play is mediocre for some reason. I've noticed many teams running right up the gut or doing simple short passes to open things up. Change up the scheme because it looks like teams know exactly how to attack attack the defense.

I have absolutely no understanding on what has happened to the special teams coverage as of late for it has been terrible. The last few games, poor ST play has been very costly.

Bye week coming up is definitely needed because I think this team needs a little break to get that itch to win back.

Yup!!! They look tired and without spirit. They need some time to get their game together. They just look gassed.

elitocruz
11-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Phillips is solid, I agree, but they had plenty of breakdowns with him in the secondary as well.

Rusty192
11-12-2012, 07:18 PM
I agree. Most of this slump is mental. But a lot of it is coaching too obviously. The players aren't the only reason the team is sucking.

I sometimes wonder how the decision to start a player who is obviously unfit at his position while we have a more than competent guy sitting on the bench, is affecting the players psyche. We've got two situations like this right now. If we the fans can figure out that it is an awful idea, then how do you think the players are feeling? Maybe they don't want try as hard or put in as much effort if they feel the odds being are pushed against them. Who knows. Just some food for thought.

TheAnalyst
11-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Because it is the second half of the season.

FBomb
11-12-2012, 09:09 PM
I've read all of the threads but I still can't figure out what the Giants problem is. Can somebody tell me point blank what the Giantd main problem is?

Well....when you figure it out, let TC know.

We go through it every November and TC admitted last year that he doesn't know why it happens.

Flip Empty
11-12-2012, 09:15 PM
It's just what they do. No-one can explain it.

byron
11-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Well....when you figure it out, let TC know.

We go through it every November and TC admitted last year that he doesn't know why it happens. well I don't know about anyone else but that **** has worn me out...its been going on for years and with different groups of players....must be some sort of virus

Buddy333
11-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Maybe their luck ran out. They very well could be 4-6 right now. So maybe they aren't that good. Almost every single player on this team has played to a lesser level Han they did last year. Go through the players and tell me who is playing as good as they did last year. Maybe the guy so many bash, Blackburn. Add JPP and Joseph to that short list. Maybe Beatty too.

Tmurda1984
11-12-2012, 09:54 PM
We are struggling because our solid core of players are struggling. Eli, Webster, Osi, and Tuck....are all struggling and we are not getting any help from these younger guys. Bradshaw has never evolved into the back everyone expected...Hes a turnover machine just like his QB. Hakeem Nicks is forced to play hurt because Barden, Hixon, and Bennett cannot handle the load. Bennett has to be the worst red zone option is the league and I MISS BALLARD, but since everyone thought he was unathletic he was expendable. Remember Witten was never athletic and made Bennett a bench warmer. Defensively we are having the same miscues, Our DT rotation is terrible...thank you Reese that Shaun Rogers signing was utter garbage. And this offense is not helping this defense at all. Offensive line is garbage and has been for several years now...Baas was suppose to be a huge pick up but turns out to be another free agent bust from Reese. Diehl is struggling and so has Boothe and Snee. Snee is not longer a Pro Bowl guard,and now we are thinking Sean Locklear is a savior...after many teams cut this bum without even thinking twice.

GiantWarfare
11-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Its just a Coughlin thing...

However, the good news is...our chances of going on yet another epic SB run will likely go up now..especially when the media completely falls off our bandwagon and we start to get the underdog treatment we love so much.

BMW
11-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Might as well rest starters in November, I don't see the point of playing them lol.

wrek537emc
11-12-2012, 10:24 PM
i have a theory that the players try to do the least amount possible to win the game that way they still have fresh legs, compounded with the fact we r leading the division with a lead, compounded with them looking forward to the bye week a week early. thats my my theory.

Rusty192
11-12-2012, 10:39 PM
i have a theory that the players try to do the least amount possible to win the game that way they still have fresh legs, compounded with the fact we r leading the division with a lead, compounded with them looking forward to the bye week a week early. thats my my theory.I've often thought as much. We do squat until our backs are against the wall. and then we come out and kick everybody's ***.

Until then they kinda coast through. You could tell this was the case in the Dallas game. They quit after the second quarter.

I also have this theory that TC is saving Wilson so that we can unleash the beast when we make our playoff run. Zero tape on him and battered down defenses to play as well. Prob wont happen though...

Joe D. 416
11-12-2012, 11:32 PM
We'll be fine, boys. All we need is a ticket into the playoffs, and then we do our thing!

Rusty192
11-12-2012, 11:50 PM
We'll be fine, boys. All we need is a ticket into the playoffs, and then we do our thing!Agreed. but getting that ticket has many fans quite anxious.

Buddy333
11-12-2012, 11:52 PM
They may need 4 wins to get that ticket. With who they have remaining on their schedule and the way they have played can they get those 4 wins?

BurnerNYG
11-13-2012, 02:02 AM
Hell no they're not gonna get four wins. If they do, I'll eat crow but with the way they've been performing, they'll be lucky to win 2.

Captain Chaos
11-13-2012, 05:06 AM
November doldrums we always fall apart in November, the good news is we have the bye and one game left in November so that's a good thing!

SweetZombieJesus
11-13-2012, 06:23 AM
I have to get all "meta" on this topic.

Every year it's a different excuse, but it still happens every year.

Hooligans
11-13-2012, 07:47 AM

It is a sad state in New York when the Knicks are the best professional team..........is Tebow the best QB in NY?

speedman
11-13-2012, 08:17 AM
Maybe it's because other teams adjust to our schemes and we don't or won't adjust them.

harrycarson
11-13-2012, 09:39 AM
It is how it is written.....and so it shall be....it is turnovers

TheAnalyst
11-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Hell no they're not gonna get four wins. If they do, I'll eat crow but with the way they've been performing, they'll be lucky to win 2.

What were you saying last year when we lost 4 in a row badly? This is the same exact thing that happened last year. Not saying the result will be the same, but you can't give up yet. Although this year, Eli is definitely playing worse.

Dwinsballgames
11-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Ah, to be on the Giants MB now that November is here.

jakegibbs
11-13-2012, 10:06 AM

Critical Mistakes. On Offense: Play mistake free football & they go on a winning streak. Simple as that. O line blocking assignments, route running assignments, RB run & blocking assignments, QB pass to WR vs coverage assignments, WR catching all passes that hit hands assignments. NO MISTAKES.

On Defense: Play mistake free football, D line zone run & pass assignments, LB Run & pass assignments, DBs coverage assignments. Safeties coverage & run assignments. NO MISSED TACKLES.

Get my drift? Same for special teams. Play mistake free football.

Look most of these NFL games come down to 1 or 2 plays that swing momentum in favor or against your team. If the other team makes the mistakes & the Giants don't then that's all you can do to win a game. If you get beat & make no mistakes then the other team was just better.

Cloud57
11-13-2012, 10:27 AM
everyone seems optimistic that this season will turn out exactly like last season from the fans to the players. Play bad in November, lose a lot of games, then suddenly you take off into the playoffs and win a superbowl. yeah right

jakegibbs
11-13-2012, 10:35 AM

On Offense:
Here's another couple of thoughts. LACK OF PLAYMAKERS. Last year when both Nicks & Cruz were slumping due to coverage Manningham came up big with big plays. Who on the NYG WR roster is equal to Manningham this year? The answer to me is obvious.

Another is the TE posistion last year there were several games where our TE's, Ballard, Beckum, Pasco etc were the difference makers in kick starting the offense. Ballard single handely beat the Pats in the reg season last year with the 2 big catches he made on the TD drive. With execption to the 1st 3 games our TE corp is not nearly as productive as they were last year.

Playmakers on offense where are you?

BurnerNYG
11-13-2012, 10:37 AM
What were you saying last year when we lost 4 in a row badly? This is the same exact thing that happened last year. Not saying the result will be the same, but you can't give up yet. Although this year, Eli is definitely playing worse. Honestly, I said the same thing but our schedule at the end of last year wasn't this brutal. We only played two complete games this year, SF and Carolina... we barely beat Tampa, had a few close calls in some other games, looked sloppy early against Cleveland, almost lost a game where we was leading by 23 and I'm sorry but I don't see us beating GB, NO and Atlanta... Baltimore's gonna be a problem too. We rarely beat Philly and Washington might start gaining momentum and playing spoiler to close out the year. We're playing like trash and unless they snap out of it, this season is over. You better go watch some basketball and remind yourself that you can't win every year.

NJBLUE
11-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Thanks for your replies.