PDA

View Full Version : MARTELLUS NAILED IT!

elitocruz
11-12-2012, 05:36 PM
according to Paul Schwartz Bennett said team needs to stop forcing down field pass game and dink and dunk more often. He is absolutely right. Patriots dinked and dunked their way to the super bowl last year. may do it again this season. Saints often do the same. then hit the big play after setting it up with the short game. also. Victor had those 5-6 long touchdowns last year, Nicks and a couple in the playoffs. and most were off short curls and ins/outs. Now if Bennett can stand up and say Locklear needs to replace Diehl and Wilson needs some of those dink and dunk receptions, we'll be in good shape..

Eliscruzzz
11-12-2012, 05:39 PM
according to Paul Schwartz Bennett said team needs to stop forcing down field pass game and dink and dunk more often. He is absolutely right. Patriots dinked and dunked their way to the super bowl last year. may do it again this season. Saints often do the same. then hit the big play after setting it up with the short game. also. Victor had those 5-6 long touchdowns last year, Nicks and a couple in the playoffs. and most were off short curls and ins/outs. Now if Bennett can stand up and say Locklear needs to replace Diehl and Wilson needs some of those dink and dunk receptions, we'll be in good shape..If he stands up and says that I bet TC would bench him lol.

Cloud57
11-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Say what!? who does this guy think he is, Kevin Gilbride??

Moke
11-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Can Bennett catch the dink and dunks?

CDN_G-FAN
11-12-2012, 05:53 PM
the trouble is you take what the defense gives you.

when they've had safeties deep, we haven't been able to run the ball and make them pay for it.

when they've had more than 7 in the box we can't hit a deep pass.

in short, we suck and can't do anything good right now.

so, sure, we can try and dink and dunk our way down the field, but if they start defending that, what do we do since we can't seem to hit deep balls or protect our QB right now to give him time to hit deep balls.

elitocruz
11-12-2012, 05:54 PM
there is ZERO reason Wilson can't be filling a Sproles-type role for us right now. It's ridiculous. You're telling me Doug Martin is THAT much better than Wilson? If so, then Jerry should've traded up to prevent Tampa from taking him, OR, not settled for Wilson if he couldn't contribute anything right away. He's being punished for that fumble on opening night. Just like Cruz would've been punished for that opening day drop vs. Washington last season, had Hixon not been injured the next week. Foolish. Guy seems to hang onto the ball well now on kick returns. so what's the problem?

elitocruz
11-12-2012, 06:15 PM
the dink and dunk sets up the bigger plays. when called it's up to the line to do the job. which it did before Diehl returned. btw. dink and dunk can be ussd in lieu of a run game when the run game stinks.
the trouble is you take what the defense gives you.

when they've had safeties deep, we haven't been able to run the ball and make them pay for it.

when they've had more than 7 in the box we can't hit a deep pass.

in short, we suck and can't do anything good right now.

so, sure, we can try and dink and dunk our way down the field, but if they start defending that, what do we do since we can't seem to hit deep balls or protect our QB right now to give him time to hit deep balls.

jomo
11-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Dink and dunk is not in Gilbride's vocabulary plus AB is not a natural at catching the ball in space and making things happen. I agree with Bennett but we'll need to make some personnel adjustments to execute it.

B&RWarrior
11-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Martellus needs to focus on catching the ball and running his routes. He doesn't get paid to be an offensive coordinator. When all our players are healthy and run blocking well this offense is very effective.

ebick
11-12-2012, 06:34 PM

Answer: Sometimes......sometimes

mikeq6722
11-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Eli had 17 completions for 100 yards at one point sunday. Im pretty sure thats the definition of dinking and dunking.

Cloud57
11-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Can Bennett catch the dink and dunks?probably not

elitocruz
11-12-2012, 06:52 PM
fair point. but over how many series? they never used it effectively enough in a series or two to ever get in legit scoring range to continue drives. until... ahmad's fumble. when they were clearly heading for the endzone and about to change the games' complexion. IMHO.

Eli had 17 completions for 100 yards at one point sunday. Im pretty sure thats the definition of dinking and dunking.

tcseacliff
11-12-2012, 07:00 PM
according to Paul Schwartz Bennett said team needs to stop forcing down field pass game and dink and dunk more often. He is absolutely right. Patriots dinked and dunked their way to the super bowl last year. may do it again this season. Saints often do the same. then hit the big play after setting it up with the short game. also. Victor had those 5-6 long touchdowns last year, Nicks and a couple in the playoffs. and most were off short curls and ins/outs. Now if Bennett can stand up and say Locklear needs to replace Diehl and Wilson needs some of those dink and dunk receptions, we'll be in good shape..

and, we need some help or something for Webster, he looked lost against A.J. Green and others before him! that coverage is vital!

tcseacliff
11-12-2012, 07:04 PM

bingo ! many good,on time,3rd down, good throws by Eli have been dropped lately, splain?

Sarcasman
11-12-2012, 07:08 PM

That's what I was thinking. Who is gonna catch them? Him?

Yesterday's throw is a TD to any good WR or pro level pass catching TE.

That said, he 's a great blocker.

Rusty192
11-12-2012, 07:25 PM
the trouble is you take what the defense gives you.Whenever teams play our defense it seems like they do whatever the *** they want :[

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Eli had 17 completions for 100 yards at one point sunday. Im pretty sure thats the definition of dinking and dunking.Too bad most of it was in the last 5 minutes of the quarter.
You can thank KG for that.

Rusty192
11-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Eli had 17 completions for 100 yards at one point sunday. Im pretty sure thats the definition of dinking and dunking.Wasn't that towards the end of the 3rd quarter when the game was already over and the Bengals were just giving it to us to kill clock?

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
11-12-2012, 08:17 PM
there is ZERO reason Wilson can't be filling a Sproles-type role for us right now. It's ridiculous. You're telling me Doug Martin is THAT much better than Wilson? If so, then Jerry should've traded up to prevent Tampa from taking him, OR, not settled for Wilson if he couldn't contribute anything right away. He's being punished for that fumble on opening night. Just like Cruz would've been punished for that opening day drop vs. Washington last season, had Hixon not been injured the next week. Foolish. Guy seems to hang onto the ball well now on kick returns. so what's the problem?
The problem is they give Wilson one run or one pass play and when he doesn't score a TD they go ohh well...back to the bench u go

Eliscruzzz
11-12-2012, 08:19 PM
The problem is they give Wilson one run or one pass play and when he doesn't score a TD they go ohh well...back to the bench u goYep... how can the kid succeed when he is brought in for 1 play in everyone on the field knows he is getting the ball??? They only way this kid can make an impact is him playing the whole game not for 2 or 3 plays.

Tmurda1984
11-12-2012, 08:59 PM
How about Martellus Bennett worry more about catching catchable balls. He's worried about dinking and dunking yet doesnt have enough concentration to keep both his feet in bounds on a simple catch in the endzone. I guess Cowboys fans were right about this bum.

Eliscruzzz
11-12-2012, 09:00 PM
How about Martellus Bennett worry more about catching catchable balls. He's worried about dinking and dunking yet doesnt have enough concentration to keep both his feet in bounds on a simple catch in the endzone. I guess Cowboys fans were right about this bum.Let me guess it's Jerry Reese's fault right??

TheAnalyst
11-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Slants and RB screens are non existent in our offensive system, replaced by duck and chuck 30 yards and shotgun draw.

Roosevelt
11-12-2012, 09:17 PM

Marty B. said that prior to this past game and so did Eli I believe.

moosedrool
11-12-2012, 09:19 PM
according to Paul Schwartz Bennett said team needs to stop forcing down field pass game and dink and dunk more often. ..

With Diehl starting, every pass should be dink and dunk. If Locklear ever gets back in there, Eli will have enough time to start throwing it down the field again.

44#1
11-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Manning doesn't use his check down. Our rb's aren't being used enough in the passing game.

gumby74
11-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Martellus needs to focus on catching the ball and running his routes. He doesn't get paid to be an offensive coordinator. When all our players are healthy and run blocking well this offense is very effective.

The problem with our complex offense is that we work with a very small margin for error. When it works it's brilliant. When there are small hiccups it can really throw a wrench in things. - more so than other offenses.

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-12-2012, 11:12 PM
If he stands up and says that I bet TC would bench him lol.TC is an idiot if he does. TC while i respect him right now is on thin ice with me and 1000's of fan, HE is not making the right decisions on many accounts...DD, AB, Swapping should be Locklear, and Brown to starters and Wilson should be right in the mix. We will die as a team if he sticks to his OLD CRUSTY rules of TENURE!

Hessian
11-12-2012, 11:36 PM
Play an exceptionally boring brand of football to win?! Sounds... boring. I'd rather we run on 1st and 2nd down leaving us 3rd and long just to spite that concept. In all seriousness the dink and dunk is lame *** football, Its like shuffleboard. I'd rather run every down than watch that garbage. How many QB's claims to fame come from dinkin and dunkin their fanbase to a dull existence? If you have the ability, throw the football down the field.

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 11:38 PM
Play an exceptionally boring brand of football to win?! Sounds... boring. I'd rather we run on 1st and 2nd down leaving us 3rd and long just to spite that concept. In all seriousness the dink and dunk is lame *** football, Its like shuffleboard. I'd rather run every down than watch that garbage. How many QB's claims to fame come from dinkin and dunkin their fanbase to a dull existence? If you have the ability, throw the football down the field.I would rather play boring football that is effective, than atrocious football.

VBGiantsFan
11-12-2012, 11:44 PM
From the same article:

Bennett, who is a starting tight end for the first time in his five-year career, said he believes there's a stigma attached to the Giants offense right now and that it can't be certain coverages. He further explained that the team is seeing a lot of two-man looks that take away deep balls and the underneath routes.*

Basically teams dare us to beat them with the run and intermediate routes and we cant do it...

Hessian
11-12-2012, 11:50 PM
I would rather play boring football that is effective, than atrocious football.
Meh, the 49ers come to mind..

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 11:57 PM
Meh, the 49ers come to mind..and the 49ers are what, 7-2?

Hessian
11-12-2012, 11:58 PM
they are something-something-1

Hessian
11-13-2012, 12:00 AM
Thrilling tie with the Rams, The Rams do have a good brand of football though.

Rudyy
11-13-2012, 12:09 AM
Crap I forgot. 6-2-1.