PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Tom Coughlin Sees Signs Of Improvement In Eli Manning

RoanokeFan
11-12-2012, 07:12 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/11/giants_tom_coughlin_sees_signs.html#incart_river

Excerpt: "But while coach Tom Coughlin is searching for answers to get his offense and his team back on track, he said he saw encouraging signs from Manning Sunday despite the 31-13 loss to the Bengals.

"There were signs that hes improving," Coughlin said today. "Hes getting back to -- back on track. There were some signs there that were good yesterday. And weve just got to build on it."

What were those signs?

"I thought he threw the ball better and many times yesterday, he zinged it in there," Coughlin said. "Had the ball down the seam to Victor that should have been a touchdown."

That deep pass would have been a 38-yard touchdown, but Victor Cruz dropped the ball near the goal line as a defender came in to break it up. Manning's arm looked just fine on that play, despite a recent theory floated by NFL Films' Greg Cosell and ESPN's Ron Jaworski that he has a tired arm.

Coughlin acknowledged that, in the past few weeks, Manning has overall looked different "in some situations." He threw two interceptions on back-to-back drives while under so much pressure his jersey was being pulled, each setting up a Bengals touchdown and putting the game pretty much out of reach for the Giants.

"Oh, that was terrible," Coughlin said. "And hed be the first one to tell you that. That was so foolish to try to make a play there. The one guys got his shirt and just go down, take care of the ball, let us have another snap. Just take care of the football. I know he's always trying to make a play, and he has done things under those circumstances in the past that have worked out, but the percentages were just not with you when that happens." Read more...

G.I. Ants
11-12-2012, 07:20 PM
I don't worry about Eli because he has selective memory. He has a knack for forgetting bad plays. Those 2 picks were terrible, but overall he played alright.

joemorrisforprez
11-12-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm honestly not worried about Eli at all. He has the work ethic, the talent, and the experience to get back on track.

2 time SB MVP.

Cloud57
11-12-2012, 07:52 PM
it's more of the play calling than Eli, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insanity

GameTime
11-12-2012, 08:07 PM
I am worried about Eli as I thr rest of the O.He drives that ship and right now he is sinking along with the rest.
Dont know what TC saw yesterday but I saw more of the same **** as the last 4 weeks only worse.....

NYGabriel
11-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Wasn't the first pick on a 1st down? I don't know what Eli was thinking. He's making Blaine Gabbert look like Johnny Unitas at the moment.

joemorrisforprez
11-12-2012, 09:32 PM
it's more of the play calling than Eli, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insanity

The offense is very predictable....and defenses have zero respect for the running game, which creates more problems for the passing game.