PDA

View Full Version : In Defense of Diehl

Roosevelt
11-12-2012, 11:22 PM
I just watched 56 minutes of the last game isolated on #66 and I have to say that all you guys blaming him need to slow down on the Budweiser's and pay the-**** attention during the games.

Diehl got beat once during the game and on another play his man blew past him wide and circled in in to get Eli. So in total you have just two plays to rag on Diehl. Two ****ing plays after that debacle is nothing.

The truth is, every pressure when Eli threw his picks or fumbled came from the left. More specifically it came from Kevin Boothe's man.

So all you divas ragging on Diehl owe him a big apology cause you obviously don't know jack.

Other than that, have a nice night.

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Cool. DD still sucks.

Hessian
11-12-2012, 11:24 PM
So you're saying Diehl isn't the anti-christ? Huh, go figure.

Roosevelt
11-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Cool. DD still sucks.

Rudy, don't make me put you on my ignore list again.

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 11:28 PM
Rudy, don't make me put you on my ignore list again.Why did you take me off then..

Buddy333
11-12-2012, 11:28 PM
Eh, I still don't know why they wold start him over Locklear. However, he is by far not the only problem with this team. They have been struggling offensively for a month now. The two games before he started they won but the offense still played poorly.

Roosevelt
11-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Why did you take me off then..

You post a lot and some of your posts make sense. ;)

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 11:32 PM
You post a lot and some of your posts make sense. ;)Oh, I must really suck then! /red

Roosevelt
11-12-2012, 11:32 PM
Eh, I still don't know why they wold start him over Locklear. However, he is by far not the only problem with this team. They have been struggling offensively for a month now. The two games before he started they won but the offense still played poorly.

The truth is the guy does not deserve the heat he got for this last game.

Buddy333
11-12-2012, 11:33 PM
No he doesn't, but he did play bad and has played bad for a couple of years now. Locklear was having a much better season. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Rudyy
11-12-2012, 11:35 PM
In all fairness, I think DD only allowed 1 sack on his side I believe.

Roosevelt
11-12-2012, 11:38 PM
No he doesn't, but he did play bad and has played bad for a couple of years now. Locklear was having a much better season. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

He was the fall guy in the game thread and truth is it's total BS. He played as solid as anyone on our OL.

Roosevelt
11-12-2012, 11:40 PM
In all fairness, I think DD only allowed 1 sack on his side I believe.

You're right. Max a sack and one pressure.

Roosevelt
11-12-2012, 11:41 PM
[QUOTE=Buddy333;579485]No he doesn't, but he did play bad and has played bad for a couple of years now. Locklear was having a much better season. If it ain't broke don't fix it.[/QUOTE

Watch the game again and then retract that.

Buddy333
11-12-2012, 11:45 PM
You don't find it strange that before he started Eli was not sacked as much as he has been in the last two games. I think you are no Irving him way to much credit. He may not be the sole reason they lost but his play has not been great either.

NYGBandit
11-12-2012, 11:53 PM
A sack a game is too much... that's like saying...

'He only had 2 drops'

depending on when those happen its crucial...

For instance in the Pittsburgh game when it was 'Eli Time' (the 4th quarter down a score and driving)

He got beat so bad that Eli couldn't even hit the 5th step of his drop before being sacked.
Then we never saw the ball again.

It isn't so much that, he's only giving up 1 sack or only allowing 2-3 pressures...

It's the fact that when other teams need it, they overload his side and there seems to be almost instant pressure... It isn't just that he gets beat, it is that he gets beat BADLY. A lot of times he doesn't even slow the guy down. He's making mental errors.. for instance one play against Pitt Eli checked Pressure to the weakside and slid Bennet over. Which was the right call... Diehl double-teamed the DT and let the end in untouched and Eli had to rifle a ball at a receivers feet. That type of play is ridiculous for a tackle playing longer than 3-4 seasons not to notice that his outside help was motioned and he's sealing the edge.

Locklear moves better than Diehl and is stronger than Diehl... Diehl used to have a chest and arms... if you look at him he looks saggy with man titties... he obviously hasn't kept himself in the kind of shape he needs to be in to play tackle... lefr or right... hell not even guard or center. He was never a stud, he's a lunchpail guy that is on the decline... He isn't Jonathon Ogden or Orlando Pace who has bad knees but is otherwise doing ok...

Not to mention we aren't taking into account that Eli is one of the BEST at getting the ball out and not taking a sack... Numerous times he's about to get rocked and takes a shot throwing...

Roosevelt
11-12-2012, 11:55 PM
You don't find it strange that before he started Eli was not sacked as much as he has been in the last two games. I think you are no Irving him way to much credit. He may not be the sole reason they lost but his play has not been great either.

Fact remains the pressure came repeatedly from left. I'm only keeping it real.

Buddy333
11-12-2012, 11:57 PM
I saw him getting pushed back into the QB. No he didn't give up a sack hat play but it forced the throw. I still think you are going him way to much credit.

TheEnigma
11-13-2012, 12:00 AM
So he had his first good game since 2010? Let's hope he can build on that.

Rusty192
11-13-2012, 12:05 AM

'He only had 2 drops'

For instance in the Pittsburgh game when it was 'Eli Time' (the 4th quarter down a score and driving)

He got beat so bad that Eli couldn't even hit the 5th step of his drop before being sacked.

It isn't so much that, he's only giving up 1 sack or only allowing 2-3 pressures...

It's the fact that when other teams need it, they overload his side and there seems to be almost instant pressure... It isn't just that he gets beat, it is that he gets beat BADLY. A lot of times he doesn't even slow the guy down. He's making mental errors.. for instance one play against Pitt Eli checked Pressure to the weakside and slid Bennet over. Which was the right call... Diehl double-teamed the DT and let the end in untouched and Eli had to rifle a ball at a receivers feet. That type of play is ridiculous for a tackle playing longer than 3-4 seasons not to notice that his outside help was motioned and he's sealing the edge.

Locklear moves better than Diehl and is stronger than Diehl... Diehl used to have a chest and arms... if you look at him he looks saggy with man titties... he obviously hasn't kept himself in the kind of shape he needs to be in to play tackle... lefr or right... hell not even guard or center. He was never a stud, he's a lunchpail guy that is on the decline... He isn't Jonathon Ogden or Orlando Pace who has bad knees but is otherwise doing ok...

Not to mention we aren't taking into account that Eli is one of the BEST at getting the ball out and not taking a sack... Numerous times he's about to get rocked and takes a shot throwing...damn you need to post more.

ALLnygIN
11-13-2012, 12:07 AM
Deihl plays more bad games than good anymore.. End of story, its that simple.

ALLnygIN
11-13-2012, 12:10 AM
Besides to me it looked like eli looked more comfortable in the pocket before deihl came back into the line up... but to be fair that may just be me being biased.

moosedrool
11-13-2012, 01:18 AM
Besides to me it looked like eli looked more comfortable in the pocket before deihl came back into the line up... but to be fair that may just be me being biased.

I agree that Eli's confidence has clearly taken a hit. He is worried about Diehl on every play. And for the record, Diehl gave up 1 sack and 3 pressures. Granted Boothe had a worse game, but 1 sack and 3 pressures is not good.

And in 3 1/2 games, Diehl has given up 5 sacks plus 11 pressures. THAT IS AWFUL and I wouldn't be surprised if Eli is the next QB to be concussed.

ashleymarie
11-13-2012, 01:48 AM
Cool. DD still sucks.

LOL Rudy.

NYGBandit
11-13-2012, 02:52 AM
damn you need to post more.

I use to years ago... I'll try again. Just demoralizing when half the time I post the thread doesn't even get a response and only a few views.

Mlerman17
11-13-2012, 02:55 AM
It just feels the pocket collapses quicker with diehl in and the whole line seems to regress as a collective unit.

BlueSanta
11-13-2012, 04:41 AM
I have also rewatched every play and I absolutely do not agree.

I want you to focus in on the backs. After about midway into the 2nd quarter, our offensive blocking completely changed.

Typically, Bradshaw or whoever is in at back, will block the 1st guy through. In other words, he is supposed to block the guy who poses the biggest immediate threat to Eli. On Sunday, midway throught the 2nd quarter our backs stopped doing that completely and were assigned to help DD on every play. Watch for yourselves. The backs were always lined up to Eli's right and always helped DD, no matter what. They were obviously told to do so. Unfortunatly this allowed other guys through. If we have to compensate for a guy, doesnt that indicate he is a problem?

So while DD's guy may not have been in on the play on every play, he was owning DD enough that he required help on every play. That is just not good. I do not agree at all with PFF, or anyone who says that DD did not have a horrendous day.

Captain Chaos
11-13-2012, 05:03 AM
The fact remains that if you watch he had a ton of help over there, Bennett lined up a lot and the backs chipped to his side, I think you might want to watch that again.

Buddy333
11-13-2012, 07:41 AM
I have also rewatched every play and I absolutely do not agree.I want you to focus in on the backs. After about midway into the 2nd quarter, our offensive blocking completely changed. Typically, Bradshaw or whoever is in at back, will block the 1st guy through. In other words, he is supposed to block the guy who poses the biggest immediate threat to Eli. On Sunday, midway throught the 2nd quarter our backs stopped doing that completely and were assigned to help DD on every play. Watch for yourselves. The backs were always lined up to Eli's right and always helped DD, no matter what. They were obviously told to do so. Unfortunatly this allowed other guys through. If we have to compensate for a guy, doesnt that indicate he is a problem? So while DD's guy may not have been in on the play on every play, he was owning DD enough that he required help on every play. That is just not good. I do not agree at all with PFF, or anyone who says that DD did not have a horrendous day.Wow. I don't have the game recorded to watch but it that's true that is horrible.

Redeyejedi
11-13-2012, 07:47 AM
I agree that Eli's confidence has clearly taken a hit. He is worried about Diehl on every play. And for the record, Diehl gave up 1 sack and 3 pressures. Granted Boothe had a worse game, but 1 sack and 3 pressures is not good.

And in 3 1/2 games, Diehl has given up 5 sacks plus 11 pressures. THAT IS AWFUL and I wouldn't be surprised if Eli is the next QB to be concussed. OP is ignoring the fact that Diehl was bad in 2010, was terrible last season, and is worse then Locklear in every way. This is just a cumulative response. I see no reason that Locklear isnt on the field

RoanokeFan
11-13-2012, 07:47 AM
I just watched 56 minutes of the last game isolated on #66 and I have to say that all you guys blaming him need to slow down on the Budweiser's and pay the-**** attention during the games.

Diehl got beat once during the game and on another play his man blew past him wide and circled in in to get Eli. So in total you have just two plays to rag on Diehl. Two ****ing plays after that debacle is nothing.

The truth is, every pressure when Eli threw his picks or fumbled came from the left. More specifically it came from Kevin Boothe's man.

So all you divas ragging on Diehl owe him a big apology cause you obviously don't know jack.

PFF now agrees with you

speedman
11-13-2012, 07:51 AM
The backs and tight ends were helping Diehl constantly. That leaves nobody to help out with other rushers.

Buddy333
11-13-2012, 07:54 AM
I have been saying its not all his fault this offense is struggling, and I may not be an expert at breaking down games, but I know enough that Locklear seemed to be playing much better than Diehl. Could it be that Diehl might be a better run blocker and TC is trying so hard to make the run game work he put Diehl back in?

RoanokeFan
11-13-2012, 08:02 AM
The backs and tight ends were helping Diehl constantly. That leaves nobody to help out with other rushers.

Bennett ran 35 routes Sunday

speedman
11-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Diehl's not better period. We had better pass and run blocking when he was out.

speedman
11-13-2012, 08:05 AM
Bennett ran 35 routes SundayYou didn't comment about the backs.

RoanokeFan
11-13-2012, 08:08 AM
You didn't comment about the backs.

The backs are ALWAYS there to block and have been for a long time whether Diehl is there or not.

speedman
11-13-2012, 08:20 AM
The backs are ALWAYS there to block and have been for a long time whether Diehl is there or not.Did you see how often the backs clipped Diehl's man. That leaves no one to help out with the other rushers.

BigBlue wins
11-13-2012, 08:25 AM
Diehl needed help because he was struggling all game. At this rate, you can say that Diehl is good to give up a sack minimum every game. That is simply unacceptable. I know our line was regressing before Diehl came back, but its frustrating when you see someone give up a sack a game or more for someone who did not give up a sack over multiple games.

NYGBandit
11-13-2012, 08:33 AM
STOP BEING A HOMER....

I used to be a homer for Jason Sehorn... I would make excuse after excuse as to why he wasn't playing like he did pre-injury.

The guy had the type of potential at the position that made you drool. He could hit, tackle, run and get the ball at it's highest point.... and he had hands like a wide receiver. For the first 3 years of his career I don't think I ever saw him get beat on a fade. I'm sure a lot of you remember the 1997 playoffs when he skied in the air in front of Cris Carter... I have never seen a human being attack a ball like that EVER.

BUT, this is apples to oranges because Diehl NEVER WAS THAT TALENTED. If We had to compare the talent difference I would say it's more like Delvin Joyce compared to Joe Morris.

LET IT GO. HE ISN'T GOOD. He was always a hardnosed, outwork you type of player. He has physically declined and judging by his current weight and the sheer look at his lack of tightness... he isn't keeping his body the way he should to play professional football. The guy is a joke out there.

DAVID DIEHL IS PASSED HIS PRIME. We had no problem letting go of Shaun O'hara and Kareem McKenzie despite what they did for us. Why should Diehl get a pass?

Ruttiger711
11-13-2012, 08:39 AM
The chain breaks from the weak link, regardless if the pressure is directly on that link.

Dwinsballgames
11-13-2012, 09:01 AM
STOP BEING A HOMER....

I used to be a homer for Jason Sehorn... I would make excuse after excuse as to why he wasn't playing like he did pre-injury.

The guy had the type of potential at the position that made you drool. He could hit, tackle, run and get the ball at it's highest point.... and he had hands like a wide receiver. For the first 3 years of his career I don't think I ever saw him get beat on a fade. I'm sure a lot of you remember the 1997 playoffs when he skied in the air in front of Cris Carter... I have never seen a human being attack a ball like that EVER.

BUT, this is apples to oranges because Diehl NEVER WAS THAT TALENTED. If We had to compare the talent difference I would say it's more like Delvin Joyce compared to Joe Morris.

LET IT GO. HE ISN'T GOOD. He was always a hardnosed, outwork you type of player. He has physically declined and judging by his current weight and the sheer look at his lack of tightness... he isn't keeping his body the way he should to play professional football. The guy is a joke out there.

DAVID DIEHL IS PASSED HIS PRIME. We had no problem letting go of Shaun O'hara and Kareem McKenzie despite what they did for us. Why should Diehl get a pass?

All the OP said was that he didn't play that bad on Sunday. I don't think he's trying to vote him in to Canton.

ryan12
11-13-2012, 09:05 AM
I saw him getting pushed back into the QB. No he didn't give up a sack hat play but it forced the throw. I still think you are going him way to much credit.

that was snee ***** ***

Buddy333
11-13-2012, 09:08 AM
Lol. Yeah because there was only one play like that during the game.

NYGBandit
11-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Saying that he didn't play that bad would be like saying vomit doesn't taste that bad in your mouth. Still think I over-reacted?

GameTime
11-13-2012, 09:09 AM
I have been kind of saying the same thing. he gets beat but most OLs do. DD has been a great Giant and teammate and does not deserve the BS he gets from many of the fans. You can say his playing is not up to par without calling him , garbage, sucks, embarassment, etc.
Besides he is only part of the puzzle that needs to be fixed.

NYGBandit
11-13-2012, 09:15 AM
I have been kind of saying the same thing. he gets beat but most OLs do. DD has been a great Giant and teammate and does not deserve the BS he gets from many of the fans. You can say his playing is not up to par without calling him , garbage, sucks, embarassment, etc.
Besides he is only part of the puzzle that needs to be fixed.

The problem GT is that the offense was meshing to a degree of servicibility... we might have been getting field goals but we were getting a lot of them... we have so many 3 and outs now that it's uncanny... which ultimately tired out the defense... our defense is not fresh and our offense is on the field no more than 7 plays at a whack... look at our TOP it's absolutely dreadful.

Morehead State
11-13-2012, 09:17 AM
Saying that he didn't play that bad would be like saying vomit doesn't taste that bad in your mouth. Still think I over-reacted?
It depends on what you had for dinner.

GameTime
11-13-2012, 09:19 AM
The problem GT is that the offense was meshing to a degree of servicibility... we might have been getting field goals but we were getting a lot of them... we have so many 3 and outs now that it's uncanny... which ultimately tired out the defense... our defense is not fresh and our offense is on the field no more than 7 plays at a whack... look at our TOP it's absolutely dreadful.
I am not saying to play DD at all. I am just saying even though the guy is declining he deserves respect. Say he is done or finished or no up to the task. thats all. I have said in other threads I think he shoud be a back up and not start. BUt I will never disrespct the man.

Dwinsballgames
11-13-2012, 09:25 AM
I am not saying to play DD at all. I am just saying even though the guy is declining he deserves respect. Say he is done or finished or no up to the task. thats all. I have said in other threads I think he shoud be a back up and not start. BUt I will never disrespct the man.

You can't teach people class GT. They either have it or they don't.

GameTime
11-13-2012, 09:26 AM
You can't teach people class GT. They either have it or they don't.

True....but I will stick up for the guy when ever I can......

PBTimmons
11-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Let me get this straight. David Diehl has played two straight games and allowed a sack in both...BUT we're not supposed to rip him to shreds. OKAY!

He's the worst O-lineman in football.

I'd take ****ing Guy Whimper over David Diehl.

Edit: I am responding to the OP, for the record.

GameTime
11-13-2012, 09:32 AM
Let me get this straight. David Diehl has played two straight games and allowed a sack in both...BUT we're not supposed to rip him to shreds. OKAY!

no....you can do what ever you want. Why does he have to be ripped to shreds?? The guys is playing bad......nuff said.
I just think he deserves respect even when speaking ill of his performance. Thats just me though.....

Ruttiger711
11-13-2012, 09:42 AM
no....you can do what ever you want. Why does he have to be ripped to shreds?? The guys is playing bad......nuff said.
I just think he deserves respect even when speaking ill of his performance. Thats just me though.....

agreed - i dont think its only DD though.. i think any player has a bad performance and some here will take liberty with questioning their character, their mental state and overall quality as a human being because of their on-field play.

PBTimmons
11-13-2012, 09:54 AM
I certainly don't think Diehl is a bad guy...and he's an adequate backup who's being paid like an all pro. David Diehl is playing bad.

Ruettiger - admittedly, I think Snee and Boothe had terrible games as well. Beatty seemed alright and Baas was adequate as well.

Why didn't the coaches max protect after all that pressure in Eli's face?

Roosevelt
11-13-2012, 09:55 AM

'He only had 2 drops'

Not to mention we aren't taking into account that Eli is one of the BEST at getting the ball out and not taking a sack... Numerous times he's about to get rocked and takes a shot throwing...

That's all good, but the pressure that led to two picks and a sack this past game came from Boothe's man.

GameTime
11-13-2012, 09:56 AM
I certainly don't think Diehl is a bad guy...and he's an adequate backup who's being paid like an all pro. David Diehl is playing bad.

Ruettiger - admittedly, I think Snee and Boothe had terrible games as well. Beatty seemed alright and Baas was adequate as well.

Why didn't the coaches max protect after all that pressure in Eli's face?

Its crazy.....the oline is just getting pusshed around the few weeks. Not terribly but at in opportune times....
The offensive gameplan has to change.....

bigblue999
11-13-2012, 10:01 AM

Horrible commentary....BOTTOM LINE - DD must be removed or the giants fans need their money back....The guy is horrible

Roosevelt
11-13-2012, 10:03 AM

I want you to focus in on the backs. After about midway into the 2nd quarter, our offensive blocking completely changed.

Typically, Bradshaw or whoever is in at back, will block the 1st guy through. In other words, he is supposed to block the guy who poses the biggest immediate threat to Eli. On Sunday, midway throught the 2nd quarter our backs stopped doing that completely and were assigned to help DD on every play. Watch for yourselves. The backs were always lined up to Eli's right and always helped DD, no matter what. They were obviously told to do so. Unfortunatly this allowed other guys through. If we have to compensate for a guy, doesnt that indicate he is a problem?

So while DD's guy may not have been in on the play on every play, he was owning DD enough that he required help on every play. That is just not good. I do not agree at all with PFF, or anyone who says that DD did not have a horrendous day.

Interesting. That, I did not notice. But taking you at your word, then once we moved our back/s to help Diehl, we had trouble on the left side, and it wasn't a question of being out manned. So obviously DD is not our only problem up front.

In general our lines on both sides got beat bad by the Bengals.

Roosevelt
11-13-2012, 10:04 AM
PFF now agrees with you

Please let them know that I'm in high demand. ;)

Roosevelt
11-13-2012, 10:07 AM
OP is ignoring the fact that Diehl was bad in 2010, was terrible last season, and is worse then Locklear in every way. This is just a cumulative response. I see no reason that Locklear isnt on the field

I don't disagree with any of that, and I didn't go in to re-watch the game to prove this point. It's just something I started to take notice of and then just went through the whole game until we were down 31-6.

Roosevelt
11-13-2012, 10:17 AM
All the OP said was that he didn't play that bad on Sunday. I don't think he's trying to vote him in to Canton.

Exactly. From reading this board you would have thought the guy had a miserable game. That simply was not true.

And I'm not defending him for any other games either.

He wasn't a good RT before he was replaced by KMac and I voice my concern of that during the pre-season.

Roosevelt
11-13-2012, 10:38 AM

Edit: I am responding to the OP, for the record.

No offense but it's guys like you which prompted me to take notice of Diehl's game and make this post.

Eli threw two interceptions off of Boothe getting beat, and was sacked another time from Boothe's man and you're freaked out by Diehl's 2 sacks?

That's strange man.

giants8493
11-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Ive been trying to say this for a while but Diehl has some bad juju with him right now. Its affecting everyone. I don't know what happened, but my guess is an evil curse.

nycisgreat
11-13-2012, 11:17 AM

DD is done. Defend him all you want. He has been terrible for 2 seasons.

Morehead State
11-13-2012, 11:30 AM
DD is done. Defend him all you want. He has been terrible for 2 seasons.
OK take it easy. He was our LT during our SB run. Once he moved there our running game improved and our protection improved as well.
I know the "stats" show something else but he played well at LT when called upon last season.
This year is a new season and he has struggled.
But as usual, he's not as bad as all the hysterics here would suggest.

nycisgreat
11-13-2012, 12:02 PM
OK take it easy. He was our LT during our SB run. Once he moved there our running game improved and our protection improved as well.
I know the "stats" show something else but he played well at LT when called upon last season.
This year is a new season and he has struggled.
But as usual, he's not as bad as all the hysterics here would suggest.

DD was terrible last season, and he is terrible this season. He constantly gets pushed back on the line of srimage or let guys simply run right around him (I am not saying that it happens on purpose) . Go and look at the Steelers game. DD doesn't do a good job of create holes on his side. I am tired of looking at Bradshaw running directly into has back when trying to find a hole. I don't remember the last time I saw him create a hole so wide open that it was noticeable. Locklear snaps to sack ration is far greater than DD. I appreciate all the success he had with the Giants, but at some point in life the body isn't able keep up with the mind. Physically DD isn't performing well. His intentions are good, but his play is bad.

New York Giants Total yds Yds/Attempt
2012 (Rk#13) 1,114 4.4
2011 (Rk#32) 1,427 3.5
2010 (Rl#6) 2,200 4.6
2009 (Rk#17) 1,837 4.1
2008 (Rk#1) 2,518 5.0
2007 (Rk#4) 2,148 4.6

Morehead State
11-13-2012, 12:17 PM
DD was terrible last season, and he is terrible this season. He constantly gets pushed back on the line of srimage or let guys simply run right around him (I am not saying that it happens on purpose) . Go and look at the Steelers game. DD doesn't do a good job of create holes on his side. I am tired of looking at Bradshaw running directly into has back when trying to find a hole. I don't remember the last time I saw him create a hole so wide open that it was noticeable. Locklear snaps to sack ration is far greater than DD. I appreciate all the success he had with the Giants, but at some point in life the body isn't able keep up with the mind. Physically DD isn't performing well. His intentions are good, but his play is bad.

New York Giants Total yds Yds/Attempt
2012 (Rk#13) 1,114 4.4
2011 (Rk#32) 1,427 3.5
2010 (Rl#6) 2,200 4.6
2009 (Rk#17) 1,837 4.1
2008 (Rk#1) 2,518 5.0
2007 (Rk#4) 2,148 4.6

As I said, he's struggled this season. RT is definitely not his position. But he's not as bad as everyone is saying. As for last season, his performance was definitely underrated. The entire O line performed better with DD at LT. The entire line. And as you know, no unit needs to work together more than the O line.
Thats all I'm saying. This demonization of DD is over the top.

Roosevelt
11-13-2012, 12:19 PM
As previously stated, this thread wasn't meant to say he is playing great ball, just that he didn't play as poorly last week as so many on here would lead one to believe.

Now with that said, the guy just came back from a sprained MCL so let's keep things in perspective. He also has been a trooper for us and has won 2 SB's so maybe he deserves a little respect as some others have stated.

Again, Boothe was responsible for the pressure on both picks and one sack and no one but me has talked about that.

Dwinsballgames
11-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Perspective is a commodity in short supply around these parts at the best of times and even more so after a 2-game slide.

Toadofsteel
11-13-2012, 12:24 PM

OMG this... It must be DD's run blocking that saved his grade. We sure didn't have a problem running the ball. Bradshaw had 5.7 YPC on the game, Brown had 6.0 before his 29 yarder, 9.7 with it. The only problem with our running game is that we didn't run it more on the Bengals.

But to say that he's "better" because he has Bradshaw and Bennett chipping for him all day long is just plain BS.

DD had been a great Giant for many years, but like i've been saying for a while now, he belongs in our Ring of Honor, not our Offensive Line...

nycisgreat
11-13-2012, 12:28 PM
As I said, he's struggled this season. RT is definitely not his position. But he's not as bad as everyone is saying. As for last season, his performance was definitely underrated. The entire O line performed better with DD at LT. The entire line. And as you know, no unit needs to work together more than the O line.
Thats all I'm saying. This demonization of DD is over the top.

Lol, I don't think DD is getting scrutinized enough. I don't get kicks out of bashing the guy, but if he was anyone else. He would be on the bench. He has started for us for 9 seasons. I understand TC trust the guy, but DD play has been no where as good as years past. We all agree oline has to work as a unit. The key is does he hold up his end of the bargain for the oline's cohesion? I don't think he does. He under performing big time when you look at the line as a whole. Who on the line can you saying he performing on the same level as DD?

DVision
11-13-2012, 02:50 PM
I don't give a rats butt about David Diehl! I'd like to know what Locklear did to get benched! He played excellent all season! I generally agree with the coaching staff, but this reminds me of a few seasons ago when the line was clicking and then when O'Hara supposedly got healthy they put him back at center and the line play fell off a cliff!

Morehead State
11-13-2012, 03:01 PM
Lol, I don't think DD is getting scrutinized enough. I don't get kicks out of bashing the guy, but if he was anyone else. He would be on the bench. He has started for us for 9 seasons. I understand TC trust the guy, but DD play has been no where as good as years past. We all agree oline has to work as a unit. The key is does he hold up his end of the bargain for the oline's cohesion? I don't think he does. He under performing big time when you look at the line as a whole. Who on the line can you saying he performing on the same level as DD?
No scrutinized enough?
If you follow this MB you'd think he had 666 burned in his head.
As a matter of fact, now that I think of it, that shadowy figure behind the grassy knoll looks a lot like David Diehl.

DVision
11-13-2012, 03:25 PM
No scrutinized enough?
If you follow this MB you'd think he had 666 burned in his head.
As a matter of fact, now that I think of it, that shadowy figure behind the grassy knoll looks a lot like David Diehl.

Is it a coincidence that the only 3 games we had protection issues (multi sacks and heavy pressure) happened to be the 3 games Diehl started at RT? If Locklear was a better fit to protect Eli at LT than Diehl when Beatty was injured (and the man is a natural RT), what is the logic that Diehl would be a better RT than Locklear?

It's not even about how many sacks he has given up. You can see Eli doesn't feel comfortable back there. Pressure is constantly coming from that side. If it's not Diehl it's Snee getting owned!

sharick88
11-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Johnny Cochran couldn't defend Diehl at this point. He sux, period

Morehead State
11-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Johnny Cochran couldn't defend Diehl at this point. He sux, period
If the criticism doesn't fit......stop giving Diehl ****.

BigJ
11-13-2012, 11:45 PM
I don't give a rats butt about David Diehl! I'd like to know what Locklear did to get benched! He played excellent all season! I generally agree with the coaching staff, but this reminds me of a few seasons ago when the line was clicking and then when O'Hara supposedly got healthy they put him back at center and the line play fell off a cliff!
This is what I was about to say. Besides giving a BS reason like "Our coaching staff is dumb" or somthing like that. What is the reasoning that he got benched for DD?? Is it cause Dehil was susposed to start in the begining of the season? Our line was playing one of the best in the league. Why was he benched does anyone know this or can give me some kind of reason?? Please