PDA

View Full Version : Dare I ask.........

JimC
12-20-2011, 12:05 PM
After seeing the performance last week, is there any team in the NFL at this point that you would say the Giants can beat? That is how crazy this has become. I do not have the confidence that they could beat anyone. I'm down and I'm feeling like the Gmen will get SMOKED by the Jets.

Kruunch
12-20-2011, 12:15 PM
After seeing the performance last week, is there any team in the NFL at this point that you would say the Giants can beat?* That is how crazy this has become.* I do not have the confidence that they could beat anyone.* I'm down and I'm feeling like the Gmen will get SMOKED by the Jets.

"On any given Sunday" is a saying for a reason.

The Giants have the talent to win and when they actually show up they've shown they can hang with any team in this league this year.

The question on any given sunday is which Giants team shows up.

yoeddy
12-20-2011, 12:17 PM
After seeing the performance last week, is there any team in the NFL at this point that you would say the Giants can beat?* That is how crazy this has become.* I do not have the confidence that they could beat anyone.* I'm down and I'm feeling like the Gmen will get SMOKED by the Jets.

They beat the Cowboys the week before...

Kruunch
12-20-2011, 12:19 PM

That and the Jets got absolutely mauled by the Eagles last week.

It's the circle of life in the NFL.

JimC
12-20-2011, 12:20 PM
After seeing the performance last week, is there any team in the NFL at this point that you would say the Giants can beat? That is how crazy this has become. I do not have the confidence that they could beat anyone. I'm down and I'm feeling like the Gmen will get SMOKED by the Jets.

That's true, but compare that with their performance last week.

JimC
12-20-2011, 12:22 PM

That and the Jets got absolutely mauled by the Eagles last week.

It's the circle of life in the NFL.

I actually called that. The Jets are no match for the Eagles at this point.......and neither are the Giants I'm afraid.

burier
To answer the question no.

There is not one team in the NFL that I am confident we will beat. There are teams I feel we should beat hands down and we typically lose to those teams.

I would not bet a dime on this giants team against any NFL team. I actually think they'd find a way to lose most D1 college teams.

I want a team that shows up every week.

BlueJayC
Just posted in another thread there is no rhyme or reason to the Giants this year and it has nothing to do with what the scenario is, where they play (home/away) or who they're playing......but they did show in NE when they put a complete game together on both sides of the ball they can beat anyone......they also showed last week by failing miserably on both side of the ball they can lose to anyone......wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they won by 30 or lost by 40 this weekend.

JimC
12-20-2011, 12:24 PM
You see....its more than just losing football games.....I understand about "on any given Sunday". It's now it appears that this team is not a team any longer. They feel sorry for themselves instead of fighting. Damn....SHOW ME SOMETHING!!!!!!

Ruttiger711
12-20-2011, 12:28 PM
</P>

</P>

Alot of Jets fans have the SAME perspective. </P>

yoeddy
12-20-2011, 12:30 PM
You see....its more than just losing football games.....I understand about "on any given Sunday".* It's now it appears that this team is not a team any longer.* They feel sorry for themselves instead of fighting.* Damn....SHOW ME SOMETHING!!!!!!

I know that a lot of people don't think injuries should be an excuse, but at some point it does reach a level where you just can't overcome it. Passion and energy only goes so far. Given our injuries, if an opponent has the players and the scheme to exploit our healthy roster weaknesses, there's only so much we can do to adjust and counteract.

JimC
12-20-2011, 12:31 PM
</p>

</p>

Alot of Jets fans have the SAME perspective. </p>

Indeed.

Drez
12-20-2011, 12:37 PM

</P>

Of course if we play every game like we did last week we wouldn't be able to beat anyone. Our defense couldn't make a stop, and our offense was hopelessly out of synch. What team could win playing like that?</P>

However, do you honestly think that we'd play our remaining games like we did against Washington?</P>

So long as Eli plays well (and our receivers don't drop TDs), we have a shot of beating anyone.</P>

JimC
12-20-2011, 12:45 PM

</p>

Of course if we play every game like we did last week we wouldn't be able to beat anyone. Our defense couldn't make a stop, and our offense was hopelessly out of synch. What team could win playing like that?</p>

<font size="5" color="#0000FF">However, do you honestly think that we'd play our remaining games like we did against Washington?</font></p>

So long as Eli plays well (and our receivers don't drop TDs), we have a shot of beating anyone.</p>

I'm going to say its a very real possibility. I'm sure you have seen what happened the last two years.

Razur
12-20-2011, 12:49 PM

The Giants have competed with some of the best in the NFL, Packers, Patriots, Cowboys..and showed they CAN ( if they want to )..play at a level that would certainly give them and their fans confidence to take on any team in the NFL...but...these guys, have serious problems when it comes to cohesive efforts, they DO NOT play like a team, haven't all season..hence..individual mental mistakes that get exposed on the field...compounded with Offensive & Defensive coaching systems that are limp and lacking ability to adjust ..all play into the overall outcome we see currently...To answer your question..the Giants can beat ANY team...but ironically, lose to them selves weekly..because they are NOt prepared mentally or physically to execute with any consistency...They are defeated in their minds and showing No signs of recovery from that.

NYSPORTS
12-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Personally, due to the layoff, I think the league stinks this year and we've seen some of the worst football possible. It's a sloppy mess.