PDA

View Full Version : DC- is ours the worst in the league ?

sheepdip
11-13-2012, 08:56 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but didnt Perry Fewel specialize in pass defense when he was brought over from Bills ???? or is he just a bum that holds a clip board.
Honestly Bill Sheridan and/or T Lewis is a lot better.... How come after 11 weeks of football do we still have guys running WIDE OPEN. Not 2 yards past our DB's which in NFL standards is high but 20 yards open ??.

Did Perry tell our DE's to stand still and only focus on run defense ?. Let me guess they were worried about Dalton running ?? Just like they did in game1 with Romo when Fewel said they wanted the DE to contain.
I cant believe in the entire game the defending Superbowl champs on National Television and there vaunted pass rush which is starting to get annoying didnt even touch Dalton. That is the saddest part of the game.

Rolle man you just look so silly now, diving at Greens feet is all you have to show for ??

Game balls to Chase and Prince who both played solid. The rest of the team was a joke.

Buddy333
11-13-2012, 09:06 AM
The defense has been bad but this past week they where not that bad. The offense was to blame for this game. The defense allowed Dalton to pass for only 199 yards and they didn't run that well. The game started with a blown coverage for a long 56 yard TD. That means that the Bengals only had 143 yards passing the rest of the game. The other 3 TD's they scored where on drives that started deep in Giants territory because of a punt return and two interceptions. Ok, it would have been nice if they could have held them to field goals, but even then they would have lost because the offense did absolutely nothing. The TD they scored was in garbage time of a blow out and their first field goal was a gift from the special teams forcing a turnover.

Flip Empty
11-13-2012, 09:33 AM
To answer - no.

BlueSanta
11-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Fewel isnt great, but please worse than Sheridan? Cmon 2009 was the worst defense in franchise history.

bearbryant
11-13-2012, 01:20 PM
"Worst in the league " might be a bit harsh. However, Fewell, like most of our staff, do not take full advantage of the talent that is on the team. A good bit of this decision goes to fewell's philosophy and schemes, which are starting to look a lot more like Tim Lewis's: " Read and React". Another issue that is coming to light is the lack of simple coaching or lack thereof. When a guy with talent, like Hosley, continues to be in the wrong place or side in coverage, I wonder if he's being coached up about these obvious mental errors. Those are the same kind of issues like communication problems that we're going thru now, too. So, really for that stuff its look at the position coaches for an answer and a resolve. Anywhoooo, hope that when we come out against the Pack in 2 weeks we're a different club and ready to kick butt for 6 games, then the post season! Go Giants!

sheepdip
11-13-2012, 01:46 PM
I could swear we beat the most explosive and highest scoring team in History (the PATS) with a solid pass rush and pressure packages ?yet we are playing read react ?

I hope this is some way on purpose so that we squeeze into the playoffs and unleash a new game plan once the playoffs start and win the SB again.

Right now our defense just is leaky and it shouldnt be after this many weeks into the season.

giantsforce
11-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but didnt Perry Fewel specialize in pass defense when he was brought over from Bills ???? or is he just a bum that holds a clip board.
Honestly Bill Sheridan and/or T Lewis is a lot better.... How come after 11 weeks of football do we still have guys running WIDE OPEN. Not 2 yards past our DB's which in NFL standards is high but 20 yards open ??.

Did Perry tell our DE's to stand still and only focus on run defense ?. Let me guess they were worried about Dalton running ?? Just like they did in game1 with Romo when Fewel said they wanted the DE to contain.
I cant believe in the entire game the defending Superbowl champs on National Television and there vaunted pass rush which is starting to get annoying didnt even touch Dalton. That is the saddest part of the game.

Rolle man you just look so silly now, diving at Greens feet is all you have to show for ??

Game balls to Chase and Prince who both played solid. The rest of the team was a joke.He is not the worst but of the worst.

sheepdip
11-13-2012, 01:52 PM
2012 defense rankings

21st in total yards
25th pass yards
17th rush yards
19th in scoring

not very good !!!!!!!!!

sheepdip
11-13-2012, 01:53 PM
The defense has been bad but this past week they where not that bad. The offense was to blame for this game. The defense allowed Dalton to pass for only 199 yards and they didn't run that well. The game started with a blown coverage for a long 56 yard TD. That means that the Bengals only had 143 yards passing the rest of the game. The other 3 TD's they scored where on drives that started deep in Giants territory because of a punt return and two interceptions. Ok, it would have been nice if they could have held them to field goals, but even then they would have lost because the offense did absolutely nothing. The TD they scored was in garbage time of a blow out and their first field goal was a gift from the special teams forcing a turnover.

they didnt muster more yards is because we kept giving them short fields to work on ! if they had to go farther with field position do you think we would have stopped them ??

BlueSanta
11-13-2012, 02:00 PM
I still would take Fewell over Sheridan. But I will also say this, over the last 3 games we have 1 of the 3 worst offenses in football, and the worst defense in football.

YATittle1962
11-13-2012, 02:12 PM
could ask the same question about the beloved Spagnuolo .......no?

hmmmm....when he was here was it the coaching or the players?

Buddy333
11-13-2012, 02:19 PM
they didnt muster more yards is because we kept giving them short fields to work on ! if they had to go farther with field position do you think we would have stopped them ??They did.

Imgrate
11-13-2012, 02:39 PM
could ask the same question about the beloved Spagnuolo .......no?hmmmm....when he was here was it the coaching or the players?The defense was better in 08 regular season than 07 regular season with less talent.

DVision
11-13-2012, 04:06 PM
The defense was better in 08 regular season than 07 regular season with less talent.

In 08 they had a grind out, run the ball, time of possession offense that controlled games and kept the defense fresh and off the field. Now we either go 3 and out or hit a big play for a score!

dakotajoe
11-13-2012, 05:41 PM
We're second in the league in interceptions and third in forced fumbled. I'd say no.

We have a number of overrated and not so great players starting imo.

Cloud57
11-13-2012, 05:45 PM
We're second in the league in interceptions and third in forced fumbled. I'd say no.

We have a number of overrated and not so great players starting imo.we can't even score on those interceptions or forced fumble, if we're lucky we get 3 points

Flip Empty
11-13-2012, 06:03 PM
we can't even score on those interceptions or forced fumble, if we're lucky we get 3 points
Which is why I don't understand how people see the defense as the problem.

DVision
11-13-2012, 06:43 PM
Which is why I don't understand how people see the defense as the problem.

Because our D can't replicate what others are doing to us and keep an opponent out the endzone on a short field!

Oh and the fact that the secondary has given up more 20+ yard plays than any other team, they can't get off the field on 3rd down, and give up passing TD's like Pacman Jones gives up dollar bills in the strip joint!

4TD passes to Andy Dalton?? Seriously?? Did Dalton even get hit in the game?

This team has lost it's mojo! They've just straight sucked in all 3 phases as of late! They need to find it fast before we have to see that discount double check crap 5+ times next week!

Flip Empty
11-13-2012, 06:45 PM
4TD passes to Andy Dalton?? Seriously?? Did Dalton even get hit in the game?
How many of those scores came off short fields handed to them by the Giants offense?

BlueBlooded1979
11-13-2012, 07:03 PM
could ask the same question about the beloved Spagnuolo .......no?

hmmmm....when he was here was it the coaching or the players?

Spag's defense pounded Vick into the turf (something we couldn't do). This is their first year in his system and they are trending upward. Given that NO has ZERO pass rushers (Roman Harper had the most sacks for them in 2011) they are better than they should be.

Now imagine Spags coaching a defense with the level of talent we have now.

giantsacks
11-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Perry needs to scrap all these crazy zones and go mano e mano and send blitz packages that got to vick in 2 seconds in that bs miracle at giants stadium part 2 again i watched the broncos vs bengals and they bitzd like crazy our overall defense is better then theres besides at linebacker so why had trouble

sharick88
11-13-2012, 07:27 PM

Outstanding post and agreed with 100%

harrycarson
11-13-2012, 07:30 PM
Yep our defense has been aweful....offense not much better=a bad team....special teams not bad at all except skins gMe

Overdrive92
11-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Oh not even close.

I can probably name 15 defensive coordinators, if not more, worse than Fewell.

Tmurda1984
11-13-2012, 07:43 PM
People blame coordinator waay too much...its not like Fewell tells his defense to leave Green open. Our guys do not come out to play....they play down to their competition and play when they want too. People talk about Sprags but he's not the same guy without the players he had that won the Superbowl. If you gave Sprags a washed up Osi and Tuck, and Webster, Sprags would struggle here as well. Sprags didnt look good until Strahan and Pierce rallied the team behind him after that goaline stand against Washington. Remember Sprags was giving up almost 35 points a game those 1st two games until the team rallied around after the goaline stand. Sprags defense was not that dominate, they just had one dominant game in the Superbowl, and one heck of a performance from Osi against Winston Justice. That defense was stacked too...Strahan, Robbins, Cofield, Osi, Tuck, Pierce, Kawika Mitchell, Gibril Wilson and James Butler made all the right secondary calls. Pierce and Butler always kept their unit on the same page. This defense today dont stack up too those guys at all.

DVision
11-13-2012, 08:05 PM
How many of those scores came off short fields handed to them by the Giants offense?

You must have missed the first line of my comment. smh

JayMas9
11-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Spag's defense pounded Vick into the turf (something we couldn't do). This is their first year in his system and they are trending upward. Given that NO has ZERO pass rushers (Roman Harper had the most sacks for them in 2011) they are better than they should be.

Now imagine Spags coaching a defense with the level of talent we have now.We had Michael Strahan, Justin Tuck, and Osi in 07. And had Nuke until he got hurt. Not to mention Aaron Ross in his only good year. That pass rush is one of the best I've ever seen. Spags defense only took two games to trend upward in 07, he's all of a sudden doing a great job in NO because they may be...10 games into it? Look I love Spags, I think he is a very good coach, but this stuff gets overstated pretty often. PF has definitely had inconsistent defense, but the unit played great on a 6 game run to the super bowl last year, and I have faith in him and the rest of the D coaching staff. Especially if our offense can get remotely consistent and not handicap the defense with fatigue.

YATittle1962
11-13-2012, 09:03 PM

Now imagine Spags coaching a defense with the level of talent we have now.

that New Orleans D is atrocious

nycisgreat
11-13-2012, 09:17 PM

I agree. We held the Bengals to under 300 yds of total offense, and our offense literally gave 17 points with those crazy turnovers.

YATittle1962
11-13-2012, 09:51 PM
Perry needs to scrap all these crazy zones and go mano e mano and send blitz packages that got to vick in 2 seconds in that bs miracle at giants stadium part 2 again i watched the broncos vs bengals and they bitzd like crazy our overall defense is better then theres besides at linebacker so why had trouble

crazy zones?

Giantterp
11-13-2012, 10:34 PM
Hard to blame the DC when The O is turning over the ball and they get nothing from Tuck, OSI and Kiwi. If one or two of those three can help out JPP, PF will start becoming a genius again.

Buddy333
11-13-2012, 10:56 PM
that New Orleans D is atrociousThis. We will never forget how good Spags was with the Giants but the Saints defense is not good. People need to let go of it already. He is gone and his defense is struggling.

TextureDj
11-13-2012, 11:02 PM
crazy zones?Its the mystical place where evn that post makes sense: Crazy Zone.

joemorrisforprez
11-13-2012, 11:02 PM

Game balls to Chase and Prince who both played solid. The rest of the team was a joke.

If memory serves, Perry was catching alot of heat last year, and then the defense went on a roll and the G-Men won another Super Bowl.

Personally, I much prefer the old Spags style of defense.....but Fewell earned his ring, too.

giantscolombia
11-14-2012, 01:10 PM
quick question for you guys.

what did Perry Fewell bring to the table to begin with? did he have that good of a record?

i know he came from Buffalo but they really havent had a "good" defense.... or am i wrong?

again im not trying to call him out, even though he is not the best IMO. i also take into consideration that the players look lifeless...

sheepdip
11-14-2012, 02:09 PM
I may have been harsh on him but I dont really see any sort of identity from this guy for our defense.

What kind of defense are we ? dont blame injuries or talent. I would rather loose being aggressive instead of playing like a frightened child. This isnt game 1 and 2 like in the Spags era, this is late and do or die time of the season. Cowboys have a much easier schedule then ours and I said before we will be lucky to get 10 -6. This defense needs to man up regardless of our Offense as they have there own issues.