PDA

View Full Version : David Diehl will be just fine

Cloud57
11-13-2012, 11:16 AM
...In the last two games, the Giants have allowed six sacks to the Steelers and Bengals, with a season-high four coming in the 31-13 loss to Cincinnati. Flaherty said the team will analyze all of the positions on the offensive line in a way to try to get better, not just solely looking at Diehl and his play. He believes the more games Diehl gets at right tackle will only help.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/19473/o-line-coach-david-diehl-will-be-just-fine

BuffyBlueII
11-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Double D is awful. He has been for years now. It is time for him to go.

Rudyy
11-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Well there you have it folks.

dakotajoe
11-13-2012, 11:55 AM
"When you miss that many games, and it's the first time on the right side for a while, it takes some time and unfortunately our time is pressed each and every week," Flaherty said. "That's one of the things about the technique, he had all of preseason and then he missed a month of it, something around there, and that has set him back a little bit with his technique. David will fight through it. He'll get it. I don't question that. He always has."

To sum up the quote, even though Diehl has played football for around two decades he needs to relearn his technique because he missed a month. Makes sense....

"David will fight through it. He'll get it. I don't question that. He always has."

Exactly, the attitude that I don't get. Veterans of the Giants that are downright awful get a pass. It hurts the team.

Giant stuck in Texas
11-13-2012, 12:01 PM
"When you miss that many games, and it's the first time on the right side for a while, it takes some time and unfortunately our time is pressed each and every week," Flaherty said. "That's one of the things about the technique, he had all of preseason and then he missed a month of it, something around there, and that has set him back a little bit with his technique. David will fight through it. He'll get it. I don't question that. He always has."

This is all fine and dandy if it was week 5 or something, but there is only 6 games left in our season and we don't have the luxury of time for "David to fight through it". I'm really hoping this coaching staff has enough common sense to understand this.

On the bright side, at least we know they know there's a problem with DD.

nycisgreat
11-13-2012, 12:07 PM
"He's been a good football player for how many years? It's not all of a sudden overnight that he's become a bad football player," Flaherty said. "He needs to get better at certain things, as well as our left tackle, our left guard, our center and our right guard." Pat Flaherty.

Folks he is going to play in two weeks. The guy has been bad for two years. We just have to wait and see.

Cloud57
11-13-2012, 12:15 PM
he will get abused by clay matthews at green bay

EliDaMANning
11-13-2012, 12:40 PM
I fear for Eli's life.

ryan12
11-13-2012, 12:44 PM
he will get abused by clay matthews at green bay

thats for sure

Toadofsteel
11-13-2012, 12:48 PM
The only reason that DD's pressure dropped off is because he had Bradshaw and Bennett holding his hand for most of the game, leaving more free rushers from everywhere else...

giantsforce
11-13-2012, 12:49 PM

This is all fine and dandy if it was week 5 or something, but there is only 6 games left in our season and we don't have the luxury of time for "David to fight through it". I'm really hoping this coaching staff has enough common sense to understand this.

On the bright side, at least we know they know there's a problem with DD.On the dark side, they are not doing anything about this problem.

JJC7301
11-13-2012, 01:02 PM
...In the last two games, the Giants have allowed six sacks to the Steelers and Bengals, with a season-high four coming in the 31-13 loss to Cincinnati. Flaherty said the team will analyze all of the positions on the offensive line in a way to try to get better, not just solely looking at Diehl and his play. He believes the more games Diehl gets at right tackle will only help.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/19473/o-line-coach-david-diehl-will-be-just-fine
I came on to post this same link. Yep, I'm just shaking my head.

Eliscruzzz
11-13-2012, 01:06 PM
LOL....SMH.

This coaching staff must really want to hurt Eli, Cause starting Diehl...that is what is going to happen. I don't get them they will play a RT that can't block but they won't play an explosive RB that who can take it to the house anytime, that can't block.

Cloud57
11-13-2012, 01:35 PM
LOL....SMH.

This coaching staff must really want to hurt Eli, Cause starting Diehl...that is what is going to happen. I don't get them they will play a RT that can't block but they won't play an explosive RB that who can take it to the house anytime, that can't block.they're gonna give him a concussion

BigBlue wins
11-13-2012, 01:46 PM
This article is very disappointing. it shows a coaching staff that is a bit too patient if you ask me. Why can't locklear come in more? I know its been stated by the media of him saying it had nothing to do with him, but come on. If anything needs to gel on the offense it starts with the o-line. They had something going and the coaches disrupted that by taking him out. Diehl was doing just fine as the jumbo. If anything, Diehl should have practiced more in the newer position before being started...Part of being a good coach is taking blame for your mistakes too

Harooni
11-13-2012, 01:53 PM
DD is not the problem, he may be responsible for the false start and 1 sack. but our offense is exposed. Eli looks and cant get the ball off because things are covered this in turn makes the oline look bad. Its not anyones fault its teams know what we are doing already. changes need to be made,.

sharick88
11-13-2012, 01:55 PM

Dooooooooooooooooooooddddddddddd

Buddy333
11-13-2012, 01:57 PM
He's been bad for he past two seasons and now he needs some more reps?

sharick88
11-13-2012, 02:23 PM
DD is not the problem, he may be responsible for the false start and 1 sack. but our offense is exposed. Eli looks and cant get the ball off because things are covered this in turn makes the oline look bad. Its not anyones fault its teams know what we are doing already. changes need to be made,.

Yo, Diehl is a big part of the problem, as is Eli.

sharick88
11-13-2012, 02:24 PM
He's been bad for he past two seasons and now he needs some more reps?

That's what I said.

Flip Empty
11-13-2012, 03:14 PM
He can't lose his job through injury or poor play. What nonsense is this?

DVision
11-13-2012, 03:29 PM
I wish someone would ask him what did Locklear do to get benched besides playing well!! SMH

drewz
11-13-2012, 04:31 PM
I wish someone would ask him what did Locklear do to get benched besides playing well!! SMH

It's been repeated many times. He did nothing to get benched, but Giants have a philosophy of not playing the best 53 available

sigh.. just like 2008, we're shooting ourselves in the foot

Giant stuck in Texas
11-13-2012, 04:36 PM
It's been repeated many times. He did nothing to get benched, but Giants have a philosophy of not playing the best 53 available

sigh.. just like 2008, we're shooting ourselves in the thigh.

Fixed.....

moosedrool
11-13-2012, 05:09 PM
Diehl picks Romo over Eli in fantasy football draft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUwXzfGHbK0

bg79
11-13-2012, 05:21 PM
It's how they handle this situation is why I can't just take their word for it that David Wilson can't do the job at HB. This is a clear lack of judgement issue and the team is suffering because of it. Everything hinges off the poor play of Diehl. How many drives were killed or turnovers happened due to pressures either yielded by Diehl? In almost every case whether it was a sack given up on Diehl or Eli having to move around in the pocket to avoid Diehl's rusher only to get sacked by someone else it's all hinging on that horrible play at RT. This is honestly one of the worst extended performances (and I use that term very lightly) at OL not only just recently but for the last few years as well. Whether it was the stubborn forcing of Diehl in at LT over Beatty or now his injection over another better player at RT. This staff keeps trying to force a spot in the starting lineup when his play has shown no reason why he should be entitled to one.

Flip Empty
11-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Diehl picks Romo over Eli in fantasy football draft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUwXzfGHbK0
Oh dear, this fire doesn't need anymore fuel.

He made a wise decision, though. Romo is a better fantasy quarterback.

jaxnygmen
11-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Diehl will be just fine packing his bags after the season. thank god he is not at left tackle or eli would be dead by now because at least eli can see the pressure coming.

DVision
11-13-2012, 08:11 PM
Diehl will be just fine! It's Eli who's gonna end up getting killed!!!

GiantGremlin
11-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Double D is awful. He has been for years now. It is time for him to go.

Double D is playing like he has a pair of big round Double D's, he needs to man up.

Cloud57
11-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Diehl will be just fine! It's Eli who's gonna end up getting killed!!!LOL

Buddy333
11-13-2012, 10:09 PM
I think the coaching staff is holding onto this "you don't lose your job because of injury" thing to strongly.

Cloud57
11-13-2012, 10:10 PM
Double D is playing like he has a pair of big round Double D's, he needs to man up.Double D? haha

WyoGiant
11-13-2012, 10:15 PM

I agree. Also, every other week people talk about how good Flaherty is at coaching. Now its like everyone thinks he forgot what he's doing after all these years. On quite a few plays, even if Diehl was able to block for 5 minutes, wouldnt have mattered with the receivers getting zero separation, or when they do, they drop it. Im kinda surprised theres more pressure on Diehl on here than Cruz who has dropped some pretty game changing catches over these last few weeks.

nycsportzfan
11-14-2012, 11:23 AM
OMG! Hes actually gonna play again??lol Dude, other teams fans are starting to laugh about this..lol Seriously, how can u be so stupid to put DD back in a NFL game? The guy hasen't been Anhtony Munoz even in his prime, let alone some one whos been good enough to get this long of a bye period, as hes stunk for like 3yrs now..

Not every freaking player that was good the first 4-6yrs of there career is still good through there 10th yr.. The greats keep it going, but David Diehl isn't a great, and it should not be shocking to guys who've been in football as long as some of our coaches have to realize this, and say hes had his day, and now his day is over.. Its shocking how stupid it is to not realize DD is washed up at this point.. It amazes me that were even discussing this.. The worst part is we got a guy in Sean Locklear whos been above solid, and all the coaches can say is "we feel that Locklear wasen't the reason our line was playing well"....LMAO! WOW! Coaches can seriously hurt there team with the most basic of things sometimes.. Its really agitating...