PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Martellus Bennett Has Torn Knee Capsule Bruised ACL & PCL

RoanokeFan
11-13-2012, 12:36 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2012/11/13/new-york-giants-martellus-bennett-has-torn-knee-capsule-bruised-acl-pcl/

Excerpt: "New York Giants (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york-giants/) tight end Martellus Bennett (http://www.giants101.com/tag/martellus-bennett/) has been reluctant to divulge the full extent of his knee injury, which was suffered in week five against the Cleveland Browns. Over the last several weeks, he's merely described the pain as if a Panda were sitting on his thigh and chewing on his knee. He's also referred to it as "messed up ****." But on Monday, he finally spilled the beans, revealing that he had suffered a "torn knee capsule (https://twitter.com/JennyVrentas/status/268116788959666177)" as well as bruises to both his ACL and PCL.

For all of us non-doctors, a knee capsule, or Articular capsule of the knee joint, is " an envelope surrounding a synovial joint" which includes the patella, ligaments, menisci, and bursae. It can often be torn during awkward bending and twisting of the knee, which occurred during Bennett's hyperextension." Read more...

Toadofsteel
11-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Oh for the love of crap...

guess activating Beckum was the right call after all.

Is Bear gonna be back for the GB game?

Eliscruzzz
11-13-2012, 12:39 PM
He's been playing with this injury?? I guess that means he is going to continue to play right???

Cloud57
11-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Oh for the love of crap...

guess activating Beckum was the right call after all.

Is Bear gonna be back for the GB game?

does bear do anything? can someone remind me of his role on offense

Toadofsteel
11-13-2012, 12:46 PM

He's serviceable enough in my mind. Moreso than Beckum.

RoanokeFan
11-13-2012, 12:49 PM

If Bennett can't play, Pascoe is the only blocking tight end on the team. Beckum is not a blocking tight end. It could also mean Locklear plays more as TE

Toadofsteel
11-13-2012, 12:50 PM
If Bennett can't play, Pascoe is the only blocking tight end on the team. Beckum is not a blocking tight end. It could also mean Locklear plays more as TE

Or, if TC has half a brain, Diehl...

Snappinnecks
11-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Where the hell is Adrien Robinson??? According to Jerry Reese he's the "JPP of Tight Ends"!

BlueSanta
11-13-2012, 12:58 PM

well last year he was the guy we brought in when we needed a holding penalty on us.

RoanokeFan
11-13-2012, 01:00 PM
Or, if TC has half a brain, Diehl...

I was trying to keep Diehl out of yet another conversation lol

RoanokeFan
11-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Where the hell is Adrien Robinson??? According to Jerry Reese he's the "JPP of Tight Ends"!

He was inactive but healthy last week

Eliscruzzz
11-13-2012, 01:01 PM
well last year he was the guy we brought in when we needed a holding penalty on us.What I don't think bear was all that bad he had some huge catches for us last year.

RoanokeFan
11-13-2012, 01:03 PM
What I don't think bear was all that bad he had some huge catches for us last year.

Bear is the next man up and will be fine. I just wonder if Bennett can heal this season or not.

Eliscruzzz
11-13-2012, 01:08 PM
Bear is the next man up and will be fine. I just wonder if Bennett can heal this season or not.I hope so but maybe just maybe we will be ok with Beckum comes back. Beckum does catch the ball well. He is also a GB killer....:cool:

jakegibbs
11-13-2012, 01:09 PM

Who is Adrien Robinson? Does he suit up for the Giants? What jersey # does he wear? Does he get into the game much?

YATittle1962
11-13-2012, 01:09 PM
over stadium sound system........."#66 reporting eligible"

RoanokeFan
11-13-2012, 01:15 PM

They did have him at TE right after his return form injury

Cloud57
11-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Where the hell is Adrien Robinson??? According to Jerry Reese he's the "JPP of Tight Ends"!JPP of tight ends? lol he looked fat and slow in preseason

drewz
11-13-2012, 01:24 PM

Mike Pope says he isn't getting any playing time this year, same as Jake Ballard.. Kevin Boss etc etc

TheAnalyst
11-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Guess that's why his numbers have fallen off. at least he is playing, unlike Rivers.

Cloud57
11-13-2012, 01:26 PM
are there and good athletic TEs that can actually catch coming up in the draft?

YATittle1962
11-13-2012, 01:27 PM
They did have him at TE right after his return form injury

exactly what I am referring to

RoanokeFan
11-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Mike Pope says he isn't getting any playing time this year, same as Jake Ballard.. Kevin Boss etc etc

That might be about to change

Eliscruzzz
11-13-2012, 02:26 PM
are there and good athletic TEs that can actually catch coming up in the draft?There are a ton...Stanford has a couple and Notre Dame probably has the best TE in the country.

RoanokeFan
11-13-2012, 02:26 PM
exactly what I am referring to

Could work inside the 3

TheAnalyst
11-13-2012, 03:04 PM
We will draft our TE in the 5th or 6th round like we always do. We don't need a big time athletic TE cause we don't have the offensive system for it. Same with a RB or MLB. Plug and play type guys. Thats why we can win without the big star names at those posistions year after year. Reese must not grade those positions very high come draft time. He looks at DB, WR, or DE. And he panicked for the RB this year IMO.

TextureDj
11-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Thats a very painful injury that guy is playing on. This explains some of the drops too, its hard to change focus to an incoming pass, away from keeping pain pushed aside. Hard to focus through that sort of pain, especially coming across the middle like a TE doe so often.

Toadofsteel
11-13-2012, 03:30 PM

I was hoping he'd change his number to 46...

Marvelousmik
11-13-2012, 03:35 PM
I hope so but maybe just maybe we will be ok with Beckum comes back. Beckum does catch the ball well. He is also a GB killer....:cool:

bear is the only tight end that jumps over people lol. no one on the team actually runs with more power than bear when he has the ball in his hands. can you remember some of his runs over the last couple seasons? i am no longer much of a bennett fan. he drops too many passes and bekum feels like a bust from what we have seen so far. i remember 1 good play from him and that was vs green bay

BlueBlooded1979
11-13-2012, 05:55 PM
I am really tired of guys trying to play through injuries and looking like crap. This list includes Webster, Nicks and now Bennett. Backups like Brown and Barden have stepped up and played well. Trust your depth and play the healthy guys.

Eliscruzzz
11-13-2012, 05:57 PM
bear is the only tight end that jumps over people lol. no one on the team actually runs with more power than bear when he has the ball in his hands. can you remember some of his runs over the last couple seasons? i am no longer much of a bennett fan. he drops too many passes and bekum feels like a bust from what we have seen so far. i remember 1 good play from him and that was vs green bayExactly, but I have also said Pascoe is definitely reliable just go back and look.

Tmurda1984
11-13-2012, 06:51 PM
Lol Robinson the JPP of tight ends...why do any1 listen to Reese anymore. Reese thinks all of his draft picks are high potential guys...too bad most of them never pan out.

fourth&forever
11-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Lol Robinson the JPP of tight ends...why do any1 listen to Reese anymore. Reese thinks all of his draft picks are high potential guys...too bad most of them never pan out.
omg yeah, Reese sucks

Cloud57
11-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Lol Robinson the JPP of tight ends...why do any1 listen to Reese anymore. Reese thinks all of his draft picks are high potential guys...too bad most of them never pan out.he sometimes uses the phrase "freakish athlete" to describe his draft picks LOL

fourth&forever
11-13-2012, 07:01 PM
he sometimes uses the phrase "freakish athlete" to describe his draft picks LOL
does JPP fit that phrase?

Cloud57
11-13-2012, 07:05 PM
does JPP fit that phrase? sure he does but for others no

BigBlueAllDay
11-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Either the Giants fixes Bennett's knee and hope he's back for a playoff run or knock him down the depth chart and limit his snaps for the rest of the season and save him for the postseason. I don't think He can't be used as the No. 1 TE right now with this decline in productivity.

myles2424
11-13-2012, 09:43 PM

Rather go with a washed bum in beckum because "he knows the system"....<----red

moosedrool
11-13-2012, 10:44 PM
are there and good athletic TEs that can actually catch coming up in the draft?

Who cares? We have enough weapons on offense. We need OL who can give Eli time to throw. Boothe and Diehl need to be replaced, and Baas is mediocre at best.

Buddy333
11-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Lol Robinson the JPP of tight ends...why do any1 listen to Reese anymore. Reese thinks all of his draft picks are high potential guys...too bad most of them never pan out.It might have something to do with his two Super Bowl rings and numerous picks that have worked out. Just a thought.

bearbryant
11-13-2012, 11:41 PM
Ya know, I was watching him play and I said to my pal. "Bennett ain't as advertised, He's playing like cr**"> So heres the reason why. Figures. Here we go Bear, Beckum, next man up!!!

GiantRoc
11-13-2012, 11:57 PM
Wow. We just get the word Bennett is playing through a serious injury and incredible pain, and is still getting s*** talked. I think a lot more highly of him now, than I ever have. Never heard a thing about it since week 5. That's an old school Giant. I hope we keep him around a while.

Harooni
11-14-2012, 12:49 AM
dang this sucks, very honorable that he has been playing with this

Captain Chaos
11-14-2012, 03:12 AM
Well may be time for Robinson to step up!