PDA

View Full Version : Love the Gruden firing for this one reason

Ja217
01-16-2009, 08:24 PM
he is a great offensive mind if you ask me, someone who coached a team where wide recievers would get open!</P>

Fire gilbride and bring in Gruden as the new oc</P>

how great would a coughlin, spags (need him to stay), gruden staff look!</P>

wishful thinking, but hey exploring it couldn't hurt</P>

Pakman
01-16-2009, 08:31 PM
he is a great offensive mind if you ask me, someone who coached a team where wide recievers would get open!</P>

</P>

</P>

if we sign gruden and get a WR if plax doesnt come back,,,,i think i would just bleep my pants instantly</P>

</P>

man i hope he is willing to take a coordinator role for a year cuz **** gilbride </P>

i just want a new oc its time for change</P>

Patton 20
01-16-2009, 08:32 PM
If they hire him for oc it would make for one intense sideline, Him and TC together wow</P>

giantsteps
01-16-2009, 08:40 PM
If they hire him for oc it would make for one intense sideline, Him and TC together wow</p>

<font face="Arial">Thatís exactly what I was thinking! The atmosphere would be like a marine boot camp! LOL!</font>

Tommy_Ribs
01-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Gruden has to go to the head of the Jets list, as well as some College teams as well.

I think if he does not get a job this year, he is a shoo in as a College or NFL Analyst, then he can get back in in 2010.

There is no way he takes a job as a coordinator. It's not happening, in his mind, he is an elite HC and he will not do it. Don't forget he won a ring with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers which is like the Cardinals or Eagles winning a ring (Which could very well happen).

So it just will not happen.

zimonami
01-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Sure it would be super to have Gruden as OC. But, he is used to being a HC and taking a backseat to TC would be difficult for him. Also, if Spags is still here, the fans have let it be known that they love Spags. Would Gruden like that? Would Spags like having Gruden here, knowing that it might effect his stature as favored son? I think it would create too many sparks, and not the harmonious team atmosphere needed.</P>

Now, if Spags takes a HC job somewhere else, Gruden might consider coming if he thinks he could be the heir and that TC is likely to retire after his contract is up... but, that's 3 years, and would be a long time for Gruden to be patient.</P>

Now that he's free, I figure Gruden will be interviewing for some of the open HC slots. The Jets should be among them (and, leave our Spags alone).</P>

stircrazy581
01-16-2009, 08:49 PM

</P>

hate gurden he sucks, the raiders had to get rid of him to get to the superbowl and he rode in on tony dungys horse when he took the bucs there, why do you think when gruden dismantled what dungy made right after the superbowl they have sucked ever since and have not made it back, just the way he has like 50 QBs at all times and puts constant pressure on them to preform is crazy, imagin if you boss kept hurrying guys and tell you that there your replacement the frist second you mess up, how would you preform? not to your best ill tell you that.</P>

he is a ruiner of teams</P>

SEC105
01-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Would "Chucky" accept anything other than "Head Coach"?.................."He's got the Ring"

stircrazy581
01-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Would "Chucky" accept anything other than "Head Coach"?.................."He's got Dungy's Ring"</P>

there is fixed it!</P>

Pakman
01-16-2009, 09:10 PM
If they hire him for oc it would make for one intense sideline, Him and TC together wow</P>

<FONT face=Arial>Thatís exactly what I was thinking! The atmosphere would be like a marine boot camp! LOL!</FONT>
</P>

</P>

lmfaooo that would be one crazy *** sideline....if we get gruden i think we can get TO then lol sikeeeeee</P>

king giant
01-16-2009, 09:16 PM
gruden is known for his distaste in qbs and their performance. </P>

i see it didn't take long for sny to bring up the whole t.o. to ny thing....aaaahhhh shut up.</P>

Pakman
01-16-2009, 09:19 PM
gruden is known for his distaste in qbs and their performance. </P>

i see it didn't take long for sny to bring up the whole t.o. to ny thing....aaaahhhh shut up.</P>

</P>

lol old man sikeeeeeee means not, just kidding, or no dont bring to to NY</P>

NewCoachPlz
01-16-2009, 10:13 PM
Wow. He gets fired and Dungy retires. Maybe he'll go to the Colts.

stircrazy581
01-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Wow. He gets fired and Dungy retires. Maybe he'll go to the Colts.
</P>

no they picked there coach already . . . .. for realz i hope you knew that already and forgot to put it in red . . . . . . im hoping this tho!</P>

LT= Lawrence Taylor
01-16-2009, 10:21 PM
It's not happening

Chucky all ready has an established resume as a head coach

He's not gonna wanna take a back seat to Coughlin

The sidelines would have to be sponsored by Prozac if that happened

It's not happening

stircrazy581
01-16-2009, 10:43 PM
It's not happening

Chucky all ready has an established resume as a head coach

He's not gonna wanna take a back seat to Coughlin

The sidelines would have to be sponsored by Prozac if that happened

It's not happening
</P>

lol if you call chucky and established coach that went 57-55 in the last 7 seasons. lol i just laugh at that record and people say he is good.</P>

Bleedin Blue Since '62
01-17-2009, 10:51 AM
<FONT color=#0000ff>Gruden and Eli would not be a match. Not by a long shot. Gruden would want Reese to pick up Jeff Garcia or Sonny Jurgensen.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>Gruden and Reese don't match up well either.</FONT></P>

Bavaro749ers
01-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Gruden has a great offensive mind? You mean the one that couldn't motivate his team to win a game in December with the weakest schedule of any of the playoff contenders?

The one that allowed the stinking, horrible Raiders to overcome a 10 point deficit on the road in the 4th quarter, that mind you, allowed the Eagles to get into the playoffs.

That Gruden? You can keep that SOB. I'm so pissed at Tampa Bay for their collapse. And Gruden got what he deserved.

RoanokeFan
01-17-2009, 11:23 AM
he is a great offensive mind if you ask me, someone who coached a team where wide recievers would get open!</p>

Fire gilbride and bring in Gruden as the new oc</p>

how great would a coughlin, spags (need him to stay), gruden staff look!</p>

wishful thinking, but hey exploring it couldn't hurt</p>

Why would he take a job as a coordinator? He still has to be paid by Tampa so it's not like he needs the money. He'll be a candidate for any HC job left or maybe he'lll find a network job for a year to recharge his batteries.

RoanokeFan
01-17-2009, 11:24 AM
<font color="#0000ff">Gruden and Eli would not be a match. Not by a long shot. Gruden would want Reese to pick up Jeff Garcia or Sonny Jurgensen.</font></p>

<font color="#0000ff">Gruden and Reese don't match up well either.</font></p>

<font color="#ff0000">How about if Gruden brings Phil Simms back with him?</font> [:#]

BlueFan71
01-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Obviously, a lot of you guys didn't see a lot of Bucs games in the past few years. You do NOT want Gruden anywhere near our sidelines, especially since so many of you hate Gilbride. KG makes Gruden look like a high school JV mascot. Tampa hasn't had an offense in Grudens tenure EVER. They have been horrible.

This is all moot because he'd never take a job as anything less than a HC, but trust me. You do not want him anywhere near this team. They'd have to shut this board down

O.C. Giant Fan
01-17-2009, 07:26 PM
No way no day..........Gruden has an ego the size of Texas and would only consider taking a head-coaching job..........besides, the man was fired for good reason-----have you seen the Tampa Bay offense, it STINKS (the man doesn't have talent as a player evaluator either--how many quarterbacks did he have in camp this season??)...........Gruden would just confuse Eli with his exotic 55-word play calls anyway.....