PDA

View Full Version : Victor Cruz getting ripped on facebook again....

Eliscruzzz
11-13-2012, 03:42 PM
http://www.facebook.com/cruz?ref=ts&fref=ts The day after the Giants got beatdown by the Bengals.. Cruz puts on fb, what hat should he choose and wants fans to vote and gets ripped.

Hooligans
11-13-2012, 03:43 PM
http://www.facebook.com/cruz?ref=ts&fref=ts They day after the Giants gets beatdown by the Bengals Cruz post what hat should he choose and wants fans to vote and gets ripped.

...could you write that in english, please?

GameTime
11-13-2012, 03:46 PM
...could you write that in english, please?

mean wat do say???

TheEnigma
11-13-2012, 03:47 PM
The life of a star athlete...

dezzzR
11-13-2012, 03:48 PM
http://www.facebook.com/cruz?ref=ts&fref=ts They day after the Giants gets beatdown by the Bengals Cruz post what hat should he choose and wants fans to vote and gets ripped.Fans want Cruz to be just as mad as them. His main priority shouldnt be facebook or what hat he should wear. Ripping someone on fb is pretty lame too

sharick88
People who go after athletes on fb and twitter are losers. That is all

egyptian420
http://s12.postimage.org/4qpwsiefx/cruz.jpg

G-MENBK
11-13-2012, 03:50 PM
It's not like they're wrong.

egyptian420
11-13-2012, 03:54 PM
that Dan McKnight guy in the picture above couldn't have been more right.....I love Cruz, but I don't know how on Earth he decided to post something like this after us getting EMBARRASSED the way we did....I can't imagine what was going through his head

Eliscruzzz
11-13-2012, 03:57 PM
It's pretty pathetic that they are ripping this guy to shreds but I must admit Cruz should've waited to post that.

Giant stuck in Texas
11-13-2012, 03:58 PM
that Dan McKnight guy in the picture above couldn't have been more right.....I love Cruz, but I don't know how on Earth he decided to post something like this after us getting EMBARRASSED the way we did....I can't imagine what was going through his headI don't think its him. It's whoever is in charge of his facebook account. (PR)

Eliscruzzz
11-13-2012, 03:58 PM
...could you write that in english, please?Aww.... what's a matter... mad cause I called you a troll earlier???

Martyr
11-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Im not a fan of bashing players on social media but I agree he had that coming. Great timing lol after a bad loss.

TheEnigma
11-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Perks and downsides of being a star athlete. While it's probably not PC to criticize him on his FB, I think he's a big enough boy to suck it up and ignore it.

Eliscruzzz
11-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Im not a fan of bashing players on social media but I agree he had that coming. Great timing lol after a bad loss. This is what happened the last time too. After the Cowboys game he had something like this and he got ripped. If its not him and his pr people are doing this, then they have the worst timing.

Rat_bastich
11-13-2012, 04:06 PM
I don't think its him. It's whoever is in charge of his facebook account. (PR)

Exactly. Alot of times these guys are not actually using social media, they have people that do these kinds of things for them. Someone either didn't get the memo or there was a serious lack of judgement. I understand that guys don't do football 100% of the time, but there was probably a more opportune time to make a Facebook post than this....maybe after a win where Cruz doesn't drop as many passes or where they win.

These guys put themselves out there on social media and suffer the consequences for it. I think the Giants' front office needs to put clauses in player contracts dealing with social media. Remember Osi's attempted ring recovery for LT?

Harooni
11-13-2012, 04:07 PM
People who go after athletes on fb and twitter are losers. That is all agreed, we all dream we could do what they do and they are human also. the kid is special teams are doubling up on him and playing safetys over top. man fans can be jerks sometimes.

tcseacliff
11-13-2012, 04:32 PM
young and still stupid! good football or not. these types of decisons , you are not born with. comes experience.

Toadofsteel
11-13-2012, 04:33 PM

Yup. if Cruz himself was his facebook, you wouldn't see so many upbeat posts, just posts about "we need to get better"...

tcseacliff
11-13-2012, 04:33 PM

yeah, they are money people, do not see the nuances of trash talking and sport etiquette. they are bigger idiots than some of the players they represent!

GFiP
11-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Well deserved, he's played like garbage lately.

Die-Hard
11-13-2012, 05:54 PM
So let me get this straight: He should essentially stop living his life, stop doing other things, beat himself up mentally, talk to no one, and basically kill himself because the Giants are playing badly now? No offense, but some of you people are really sick to get angry over something as innocuous as a Facebook post about a hat. I'm quite sure that he knows he's got to play better, along with ALL OF HIS TEAMMATES.

Hating on him is straight up idiotic

Marvelousmik
11-13-2012, 06:06 PM
I came into this thread thinking Oh my, are we becoming like eagle fans now? But i dont think what they were saying is wrong. I expected them to cuss and insult him, but all i saw was things such as "please stop dropping the ball". and "you need to focus more on football and catching passes". The worst thing that was said was "do you think people will care about this after your team got embarrassed? Not the exact words but you get the point.

I think this will motivate him to play better and for some reason i dont think he will take it personally. Sometimes you need to hear a little bit of criticism.

Harooni
11-13-2012, 06:08 PM
So let me get this straight: He should essentially stop living his life, stop doing other things, beat himself up mentally, talk to no one, and basically kill himself because the Giants are playing badly now? No offense, but some of you people are really sick to get angry over something as innocuous as a Facebook post about a hat. I'm quite sure that he knows he's got to play better, along with ALL OF HIS TEAMMATES.

Hating on him is straight up idiotic lol they expect him to post a video of himself bashing his head into the wall over and over. man these people are crazy.

Marvelousmik
11-13-2012, 06:09 PM

Hating on him is straight up idiotic

if you think this is bad you should have seen what they were saying to steve smith

Die-Hard
11-13-2012, 06:10 PM
I came into this thread thinking Oh my, are we becoming like eagle fans now? But i dont think what they were saying is wrong. I expected them to cuss and insult him, but all i saw was things such as "please stop dropping the ball". and "you need to focus more on football and catching passes". The worst thing that was said was "do you think people will care about this after your team got embarrassed? Not the exact words but you get the point.

I think this will motivate him to play better and for some reason i dont think he will take it personally. Sometimes you need to hear a little bit of criticism.

I agree. However, some are going waaaaaay over the line with their commentary on FB. Some fans simply take this stuff entirely too seriously, and if I were Vic and saw some of the comments, I'd find it next to impossible to NOT take it personally.

Die-Hard
11-13-2012, 06:12 PM
if you think this is bad you should have seen what they were saying to steve smith

I saw it, and in all the years I've been a Giants fan, I've never been so embarrassed. To be associated with complete morons like those people was very hard to take.

Eliscruzzz
11-13-2012, 06:24 PM
It's just the way the world is and every fanbase has morons. I'm not saying their right but people are upset. We got completely embarrassed by the Bengals. Now real fans know that this can happen any given Sunday but people also expect for the SB champs to be competitive.

I do feel bad for Victor cause it is not all his fault and just because he has a FB account, doesn't mean fans have to crucify him.

younggiant
11-13-2012, 06:33 PM
agreed, we all dream we could do what they do and they are human also. the kid is special teams are doubling up on him and playing safetys over top. man fans can be jerks sometimes.

He wasn't doubled when he dropped a TD right in his hands but I get what you saying though.

Marvelousmik
11-13-2012, 06:40 PM
He wasn't doubled when he dropped a TD right in his hands but I get what you saying though.

can someone link this dropped td pass by cruz? i still havent seen it. I got upset and turned the game off before that point

BlueBlooded1979
11-13-2012, 06:50 PM
This athletes that want to pump up their own brand and get all of the positive out of social media need to suck it up and deal with the negative. I am sure it is his PR firms social media manager. Given how he is playing along with the team they should be more conscious of that.

Eliscruzzz
11-13-2012, 06:51 PM
can someone link this dropped td pass by cruz? i still havent seen it. I got upset and turned the game off before that pointlol me too. I saw it on Mike Francesa and he was as wide open as your going to get in the NFL.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
11-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Ya'll need to stop making excuses for him. I follow him on instagram and that is him posting!! We lose a game and he post a pair of free Nike's he just recieved!

Look I get it as fans we are pissed when we lose but as a player if your on social media people can say whatever they want!! Obviously there is a line but asking him to keep his head in the game and not drop the ball is perfectly fine!!

younggiant
11-13-2012, 08:06 PM
can someone link this dropped td pass by cruz? i still havent seen it. I got upset and turned the game off before that point

I was upset as well, especially the way are offense have been struggling as of lately.

nycisgreat
11-13-2012, 10:28 PM

Two things. Your gif of Rolle is funny. The facebook post are insane as hell. lol. Those guys are definitely leaning into cruz.

joemorrisforprez
11-13-2012, 10:39 PM

Dude, that's ****ing hysterical.

rebelfan1966
11-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Well..... he does have a lot of drops this year....

GCGiant
11-14-2012, 09:46 AM
I heard that he dropped that bowl of soup 3 times before they got that commercial right...

rebelfan1966
11-14-2012, 09:47 AM
lol

GameTime
11-14-2012, 09:51 AM
who cares....
they guy has outside interests. Yeah.... the timing sucks but whatever. It has 0 to do with his performance on the field....IMO

GCGiant
11-14-2012, 09:59 AM
who cares....
they guy has outside interests. Yeah.... the timing sucks but whatever. It has 0 to do with his performance on the field....IMO

I am going to respectfully disagree with this. I think it has affected his play...his focus. I think at this point in his career he needs to decide whether he want to be a Jerry Rice or a TO. IMO, it is all up to him.

CDN_G-FAN
11-14-2012, 09:59 AM
politicians and athletes need to learn how to use social media better.

better yet, they should stay off of it altogether.

can you imagine football stars from yesteryear with access to twitter and **** like that?

yikes.

GameTime
11-14-2012, 10:26 AM
I am going to respectfully disagree with this. I think it has affected his play...his focus. I think at this point in his career he needs to decide whether he want to be a Jerry Rice or a TO. IMO, it is all up to him.

OK...I should rephrase it....It shouldnt be affecting his play. If it is....then realize it and do something about it...

njg85m
11-14-2012, 11:20 AM
People need to check themselves on some of those comments. I'm reminded of the atrocious comments posted on Steve Smith's facebook after he signed with Philly. Although no where near that level, it is just a game.

But Cruz really needs to be a little smarter. After all, these people are only following him on facebook because he is a Giants player. They're not following him because he's trying to be a male model. I think he needs to realize that and realize it quick.

After having yet another stinker he should probably rethink what he posts to his fans, who again, are only following him because he's a Giants player.

Moke
11-14-2012, 11:22 AM
People need to check themselves on some of those comments. I'm reminded of the atrocious comments posted on Steve Smith's facebook after he signed with Philly. Although no where near that level, it is just a game.

But Cruz really needs to be a little smarter. After all, these people are only following him on facebook because he is a Giants player. They're not following him because he's trying to be a male model. I think he needs to realize that and realize it quick.

After having yet another stinker he should probably rethink what he posts to his fans, who again, are only following him because he's a Giants player.

FB fans are the biggest losers in the world. Most of the time when I'm feeling bored and depressed, I go on the FB page and start laughing at all of the comments being made.

It's called self-soothing.

nycsportzfan
11-14-2012, 11:58 AM
It's pretty pathetic that they are ripping this guy to shreds but I must admit Cruz should've waited to post that. Its pathetic that the guy thinks its important the day after being completely humiliated to post a vote on FB of what hat he should wear.. And to boot, he dropped a easy TD pass!!!

I think u guys are crazy for getting on the people who are telling it like it is on there.. Alot of em are just saying basic stuff that seems to make sense.. Not to mention, this is a guy whos gonna want millions and millions of dollars after the season, and this is what hes doing less then 24hrs after the team makes a fool of themselves?

U guys talking about ripping players is what losers do, but i think starting a vote on FB about what hat u should wear that day , right after a embaressing loss is what losers do.. What planet are some of u from?

Dwinsballgames
11-14-2012, 12:01 PM
We are from France

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.5040943754446019&pid=15.1

nycsportzfan
11-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Kudos to people for not just going on there and picking a stupid hat and letting this guy know that its a privledge to be in the NFL and have a chance to make millions of dollars, and the privledge comes with at least acting like u give a cr-ap about what happened just 1day earlier... Its not the same as a regular job, hence why they make millions of dollars.. It comes with responsiblity to ur teammates, and the fans as well, seeing how were the reason the NFL even exists, and that players can even make millions of dollars.. I'm glad some people let em know , he sounds ridiculous asking such stupid cr-ap, like 'what hat i should wear?"..LOL Who gives a Fudge what hat u wear!!!!!

nycsportzfan
11-14-2012, 12:04 PM
We are from France

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.5040943754446019&pid=15.1 He-ll no ur not, becasue i have a freind whos from france, and hes a diehard giants fan like us, and i gurantee when i tell em about this, he's gonna be happy that people got on em some about the timing and idiocricy of the question so soon after such a pathetic on field performance by him and his teammates..

Dwinsballgames
11-14-2012, 12:05 PM
You seem to feel very strongly about this. I can tell these things, I have a gift for it.

nycsportzfan
11-14-2012, 12:08 PM

After having yet another stinker he should probably rethink what he posts to his fans, who again, are only following him because he's a Giants player. Its just a game? Tell that to the freaking giants fans that traveled to Cincy and spent mad doe on tickets, to watch there favorites get destroyed and then they barley get through the front door, and the guy whos gonna be crying for millions of dollars a few months down the road is worried about what "HAT" people think he should wear..lol

nycsportzfan
11-14-2012, 12:11 PM
You seem to feel very strongly about this. I can tell these things, I have a gift for it. Nah, i'm more annoyed that some people on here are getting on the guys for calling em out.. This is half the problem with 2days spoiled rotten athletes.. Something tlls me that if FB existed back in the 60's, Y.A Title would not be on there after being lambasted asking what hat he should wear..lol

This *** more then a game to me.. I care very deeply about the giants, probably more then i really should, and i think its pathetic thats what hes posting instead of sorry i su-cked yesterday and the team did...

njg85m
11-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Its just a game? Tell that to the freaking giants fans that traveled to Cincy and spent mad doe on tickets, to watch there favorites get destroyed and then they barley get through the front door, and the guy whos gonna be crying for millions of dollars a few months down the road is worried about what "HAT" people think he should wear..lol

That's all you picked up on from my entire post? Wow.

My "it's just a game" comment obviously was referring to the people who go way overboard on their comments on players FB's, I.E Telling Steve Smith that they hope his entire family dies, or calling him the N word when he went to Philly.

Did you even read my post?

He Hate Mee
11-14-2012, 01:15 PM
FB can give you hell. Just ask ex-giant (soon to be ex-NFL athlete) Steve Smith.

After he moved to Philly his facebook page was torn to shreds so badly it was deleted. Us New Yorkers have no sympathy for such BS.

An awful....AWFUL showing like we saw Sunday and Cruz is posting about what hat to wear???

Its fine to be picking hats, lets not get that wrong, and life is more than football. But he needs to understand his FB audience. We are fans and want to see the Giants win. When we lose that miserably the absolute last thing we would like to see is what hat Cruz is choosing. lord save us

Dwinsballgames
11-14-2012, 01:19 PM
FB can give you hell. Just ask ex-giant (soon to be ex-NFL athlete) Steve Smith.

After he moved to Philly his facebook page was torn to shreds so badly it was deleted. Us New Yorkers have no sympathy for such BS.

An awful....AWFUL showing like we saw Sunday and Cruz is posting about what hat to wear???

Its fine to be picking hats, lets not get that wrong, and life is more than football. But he needs to understand his FB audience. We are fans and want to see the Giants win. When we lose that miserably the absolute last thing we would like to see is what hat Cruz is choosing. lord save us

Right. I'm sure he was feeling pretty good abot himself when he was tearing it up and had accolades rolling in evry three seconds. That's what you get with social media and also with NY fans. They will tell you when you're doing great and will tell you equally as fast when you're stinkin up the joint.

jomo
11-14-2012, 06:26 PM

Its fine to be picking hats, lets not get that wrong, and life is more than football. But he needs to understand his FB audience. We are fans and want to see the Giants win. When we lose that miserably the absolute last thing we would like to see is what hat Cruz is choosing. lord save usAthletes and particularly young ones need to stay off social media and hire someone to run it for them. It is difficult for anyone and especially a young athlete who lives in a bubble to understand how dumb some things can look when rolled out through social media. Cruz should either just shut it down or get an uninvolved professional to run it for him.

Die-Hard
11-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Again, a lot of you are taking the whole thing too seriously, to the point where it's quite disturbing.

He knows he's been playing badly lately. He knows the team has lost 2 in a row. He knows the fans are probably upset

So he has a Facebook account in order to connect with the fans. Yes, he should expect good AND bad things on there, and I can all but guarantee that he does. However, it still doesn't mean that going bat **** crazy on the guy for asking about a hat after a loss is ok, and that he deserves to be lambasted because you dont have the tact to know when you've gone too far. Like Harooni said earlier, I think a lot of you guys want to see a video of him bashing his head against the wall, instead of moving on with his life and working on getting his game back on track. He doesn't owe any single one of us a single thing, so get off his back, will ya? I'm quite sure that playing badly isn't part of his master plan.

sharick88
11-14-2012, 08:12 PM
Again, a lot of you are taking the whole thing too seriously, to the point where it's quite disturbing.

He knows he's been playing badly lately. He knows the team has lost 2 in a row. He knows the fans are probably upset

So he has a Facebook account in order to connect with the fans. Yes, he should expect good AND bad things on there, and I can all but guarantee that he does. However, it still doesn't mean that going bat **** crazy on the guy for asking about a hat after a loss is ok, and that he deserves to be lambasted because you dont have the tact to know when you've gone too far. Like Harooni said earlier, I think a lot of you guys want to see a video of him bashing his head against the wall, instead of moving on with his life and working on getting his game back on track. He doesn't owe any single one of us a single thing, so get off his back, will ya? I'm quite sure that playing badly isn't part of his master plan.

I agree with you 1000000000000% Athletes make these pages to interact with the fans and to let them into their lives away from the game, not to get ripped a new one everytime they have a bad game. Most of these people trashing Cruz or any other athlete, are keyboard thugs that have no guts.

jomo
11-14-2012, 11:24 PM

So he has a Facebook account in order to connect with the fans. Yes, he should expect good AND bad things on there, and I can all but guarantee that he does. However, it still doesn't mean that going bat **** crazy on the guy for asking about a hat after a loss is ok, and that he deserves to be lambasted because you dont have the tact to know when you've gone too far. Like Harooni said earlier, I think a lot of you guys want to see a video of him bashing his head against the wall, instead of moving on with his life and working on getting his game back on track. He doesn't owe any single one of us a single thing, so get off his back, will ya? I'm quite sure that playing badly isn't part of his master plan.Let me start by saying I haven't visited his facebook page. That said, he does owe us more than a "single thing". He owes us alot (are you kidding??). We pay large PSLs for the privilege of buying our seats. Then we pay large dollars for those seats. He's been invisible for a few weeks now and needs to understand that fans really don't care about hats, we care about wins and at least the appearance that our team cares deeply about winning. Introducing such a silly topic for his fans on the heals of an abysmal performance by his team and by him personally means he is disconnected from the typical fan. That is unacceptable. It is called a tin ear in some quarters. It is all about appearances and his appearance is not good. I love the kid but he needs advice and direction from an adult with a better feel for how the fan base will react.

By the way, the fans set the rules on how they react, not anyone else and certainly not Victor.

Die-Hard
11-14-2012, 11:44 PM
Let me start by saying I haven't visited his facebook page. That said, he does owe us more than a "single thing". He owes us alot (are you kidding??). We pay large PSLs for the privilege of buying our seats. Then we pay large dollars for those seats. He's been invisible for a few weeks now and needs to understand that fans really don't care about hats, we care about wins and at least the appearance that our team cares deeply about winning. Introducing such a silly topic for his fans on the heals of an abysmal performance by his team and by him personally means he is disconnected from the typical fan. That is unacceptable. It is called a tin ear in some quarters. It is all about appearances and his appearance is not good. I love the kid but he needs advice and direction from an adult with a better feel for how the fan base will react.

By the way, the fans set the rules on how they react, not anyone else and certainly not Victor.

Ok. So what should he do? What actions could he take to make amends? Should he lock himself in a room and watch film for 5 straight days?

Not being the least bit sarcastic or facetious. I'd really like to hear your solution.

These guys are trained to have short memories. You can't dwell on the mistakes or the bad games, because you'll never be able to get past them, and it'll carry over to the next one. Thats what I see Vic doing, and thats what I was taught when I played ball years ago. Forget it, and move on.

jomo
11-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Ok. So what should he do? What actions could he take to make amends? Should he lock himself in a room and watch film for 5 straight days?

Not being the least bit sarcastic or facetious. I'd really like to hear your solution.

These guys are trained to have short memories. You can't dwell on the mistakes or the bad games, because you'll never be able to get past them, and it'll carry over to the next one. Thats what I see Vic doing, and thats what I was taught when I played ball years ago. Forget it, and move on.I may be missing your point or you may be attaching me to others' comments. Of course there is no way for him to put the tooth paste back in the tube. .............and maybe the reaction is a bit much (I haven't read any of it). However, it is very useful for him to hear from the fans about how they feel. He "poked the bear" and he should know what happens when you do that. My comments were focused on the use of social media by untrained and not so worldly users. Frankly, all of his popularity flows from football so my recommendation would be that during the season, he stick solely to that. In the off season, he can reveal his more nuanced side.

It is also concerning to me that within 24 hours of a devastating loss where he did virtually nothing that he was OK with going off message. Most people, whether the loss was in sports or with family or business, would be involved in introspection and analysis figuring out how to get the ship straightened out.........but he's doing that through hats?

Lastly, at the risk of being redundant it is really all about "appearances" and he appeared totally out of touch with the the people who pay his salary.He could have asked his buddies about choices in hats. Social media puts everything on steroids (bad referece there) and this reaction by fans (remember i said I haven't read it) is certainly an expected outgrowth of an inappropriate comment given what happened less than 24 hours earlier.

This brings me back to my starting point. The result of this speaks for itself. His choices in what to talk about were flawed to say the least. He needs to hire someone who has better judgement along those lines or he should simply stick to football during the season (which IMO would be best).

Lastly, there is a part of me that feels this is a good learning experience for VC. I really like him and think he'll learn from this going forward.

CowboysSuck
11-15-2012, 03:09 PM
He should call Steve Smith and ask for advice on what to do.

Smith was all but run out of..well town("The Internet") after his announcement to Philly.

His facebook contained some of the most hateful and vulgar language you will ever see on that site.

Lets just say in less than 24 hours his FB was removed. Cruz should learn a thing or two from that. Social Media can be a big tool, but when you piss off your audience, its useless.

GiantRoc
11-16-2012, 03:43 AM
I have to agree with Jomo's posts. He pretty much said it all. I don't have a facebook or twitter page. I don't think anyone really gives a crap about my day to day life, other than my family and friends. I like to actually talk to them. All that aside, was there more to this? I mean those comments seemed pretty tame to me. Remember "fan" is short for fanatic. Fans seem to be more invested emotionally to teams than players. Its just the way it is. I think Victor found that out and will take it into account in the future. If you put yourself out there you have to take the bad with the good. Those people have just as much right to post as the butt kissers.

njg85m
11-16-2012, 10:42 AM
I have to agree with Jomo's posts. He pretty much said it all. I don't have a facebook or twitter page. I don't think anyone really gives a crap about my day to day life, other than my family and friends. I like to actually talk to them. All that aside, was there more to this? I mean those comments seemed pretty tame to me. Remember "fan" is short for fanatic. Fans seem to be more invested emotionally to teams than players. Its just the way it is. I think Victor found that out and will take it into account in the future. If you put yourself out there you have to take the bad with the good. Those people have just as much right to post as the butt kissers.

There have been some comments that were pretty shameful. Fortunately not many people crossed the line.
For me I have no problem with fans ripping into a player, or criticizing them via social media, but I find it absolutely despicable when they go too far and start threatening players, using racial slurs, etc, etc. The Steve Smith fiasco was one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen on the internet. Truly awful some of the things people said to him.

Diamondring
11-16-2012, 10:49 AM
His career is short and needs to play better than come out with the wich hat I should wear etc. He is getting a lot of money to perform or may get it so he needs to play better. But there is a but though. We don't know how hard he is working to get back on top so we can't judge him.

jomo
11-16-2012, 10:50 AM
There have been some comments that were pretty shameful. Fortunately not many people crossed the line.
For me I have no problem with fans ripping into a player, or criticizing them via social media, but I find it absolutely despicable when they go too far and start threatening players, using racial slurs, etc, etc. The Steve Smith fiasco was one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen on the internet. Truly awful some of the things people said to him.That's probably why Die-Hard was so fired up in defense of Cruz. I didn't read the remarks on Facebook. Of course there are limits on how to express displeasure with a player's ill timed remarks on Facebook and from your description, some people crossed that line.

dezzzR
11-16-2012, 11:32 AM

So he has a Facebook account in order to connect with the fans. Yes, he should expect good AND bad things on there, and I can all but guarantee that he does. However, it still doesn't mean that going bat **** crazy on the guy for asking about a hat after a loss is ok, and that he deserves to be lambasted because you dont have the tact to know when you've gone too far. Like Harooni said earlier, I think a lot of you guys want to see a video of him bashing his head against the wall, instead of moving on with his life and working on getting his game back on track. He doesn't owe any single one of us a single thing, so get off his back, will ya? I'm quite sure that playing badly isn't part of his master plan.I said earlier that fans want him to be just as upset as they are. Asking what hat he should wear on facebook and finding out hes working with Jayz after a horrible loss gives off a feeling that hes not as concerned as we are. Reminds me of Romo going to Mexico during the playoffs. He turned down dancing with the stars last year cause he wanted to focus on football. What has changed? The sb ring on his finger? Id like him to focus on football during the season and save all the fb and Jayz crap for the off season. I think thats what most fans want as well.