PDA

View Full Version : Would the 49ers bite on a 4th or 5th in 2013...

Toadofsteel
11-13-2012, 04:07 PM
for Jacobs? (edit: I meant jacobs now, but didn't know we were past trade deadline already...)

He's doing absolutely nothing over there. All their other RBs panned out (part of the reason they got Jacobs was for insurance against Hunter and Dixon). You can bet this wasn't what Jacobs had in mind when he left over 500k. He'd probably bite on a vet min deal just so he could get one last hurrah on the field. He knows our blocking schemes.

Rudyy
11-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Eh,
I think we moved on from Jacobs.

Eliscruzzz
11-13-2012, 04:09 PM
I love what Jacobs brought and I can only imagine that he would've fired up this offense in a positive way but we have moved on.

Toadofsteel
11-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Oh and for the record I would only condone something like this if Bradshaw ends up on IR. I like it as a better option than bringing in some unknown that got cut by Chicago...

Eli2Shockey4aTD
11-13-2012, 04:11 PM
Jacobs has a better chance of getting released and up for grabs.

ny06
Using a draft pick for an ageing running back would not be what I call smart decision. And if I was the 49ers; I would jump on that trade in a heart beat.

Harooni
trade deadline?

TheEnigma
11-13-2012, 04:13 PM
trade deadline?

He said 2013 but it's still a bad trade. It's so easy to find good RBs in the late rounds that are 10 years younger.

Harooni
11-13-2012, 04:17 PM
He said 2013 but it's still a bad trade. It's so easy to find good RBs in the late rounds that are 10 years younger. oh yeah i thought he meant trade now for 2013 picks. but bye next year BJ will be older and he most likely wont last a full season

Toadofsteel
11-13-2012, 04:18 PM
I meant a 2013 pick for jacobs now... but i wasnt aware we were past trade deadline. So yeah, forget that.

I'm just trying to make the best of a bad situation... if Bradshaw is out for the season, we need someone to share carries with Brown. It would be nice if the coaches would let Wilson do his thing, but they just seem to refuse to. And for some reason they think bringing in a UDFA cut by chicago is a good idea. I'd rather activate Martinek off the PS, but they seem to want someone with veteran experience. Jacobs would have been the perfect candidate for that...

Flip Empty
11-13-2012, 04:54 PM
Martinek has no experience so they have to turn to FA. Bell is serviceable.

TheAnalyst
11-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Some of you never learn. Oline fellas, that is the issue! Not the RBs!

Toadofsteel
11-13-2012, 09:04 PM

Both are a problem. Specifically, the RT position and Bradshaw's injuries. We ALL know that the RT position is an easy fix, just put in Locklear already! That doesn't bear repeating... Maybe swing Diehl over to LG and rotate with Boothe to keep both fresher.

But I'm thinking towards what we should do if Bradshaw is done for the season. A couple of weeks is one thing, and Brown/Wilson can hold down the fort. But for the entire season, we need another guy in there. For the 2012 season only I thought Jacobs would be a half-decent name, better than some UDFA cut by Chicago by a LOOOOOOOONG shot. Maybe a little washed out and breaking down, but he knows our blocking schemes like the back of his hand... Of course it would only be for the remainder of the season, as by the 2013 season, Wilson should be up to speed.

Flip Empty
11-13-2012, 10:32 PM

What does that have to do with them seeking a potential replacement for Bradshaw?

better than some UDFA cut by Chicago by a LOOOOOOOONG shot.
Why would you rather have a guy who couldn't even make the roster (Martinek) over an established back? If Wilson cant get on the field, what hope would a practice squadder have?