PDA

View Full Version : Looks like PFF agrees with me!!

Tmurda1984
11-13-2012, 06:34 PM
After reading PFF today, it looks like they been agreeing with everything I been saying (you can view my posts just in case you forgot what I posted.) I posted about how Diehl was not the main culprit last Sunday. Geno Atkins was eating Boothe and/or Baas, alot of Diehl's pressures came from coverage sacks or the interior of the pocket collapsing. Even that dumb announcer tried to blame Diehl for Atkins pressure which was not true. People get your facts straight before using Diehl as a scapegoat...its totally unfair. People flame me but I'm one of the most unbiased and love facts.

Another thing I been right about was Chase Blackburn's play. It was significant in the Bengal game. Someone complained about the run defense being poor which is not true. Our run defense stuffed the Bengals after appearing soft in the Steeler game. Blackburn is the reason, He forced a fumble and was all over the run filling his gaps. Can I get a little respect on these boards. I get flamed for supporting alot of these players but im labeled as if Im not a loyal fan which is not true. I want to see the best out of this team, and I am seeing some of the glaring problems that no1 wants to talk about.

FBomb
11-13-2012, 06:39 PM
YOU ARE AWESOME!! Feel better?

NYG4lifeNYK
11-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Diehl sucks.... and he was once one of my favorite Giants.. love the guy but it's time to hang it up

Rudyy
11-13-2012, 06:43 PM
YOU ARE AWESOME!! Feel better?lol

Toadofsteel
11-13-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm with you 100% on Blackburn. He's been solid, despite not appearing as such.

But I'd go against PFF with Diehl. After midway through the second quarter, Diehl was being helped all the time by Bradshaw/Brown and Bennett, leaving other gaps in our line. He did okay in the run game, but at least one of the sacks, as well as both interceptions, are all on pressure given up by him...

He went to a guard position in garbage time as well, which helped him a little more...

fourth&forever
11-13-2012, 06:46 PM
hooray for you

Tmurda1984
11-13-2012, 06:53 PM
Diehl had some help...but I really think they kept a back in there...just in case Diehl had to help out with Geno Atkins. Geno Atkins was the main guy disrupting out entire offense....It was Boothe and Baas fault for that interior pressure. There was alot of coverage sacks out there too because Nicks, Cruz, Bennett, and Hixon could not get open.

sharick88
11-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Diehl had some help...but I really think they kept a back in there...just in case Diehl had to help out with Geno Atkins. Geno Atkins was the main guy disrupting out entire offense....It was Boothe and Baas fault for that interior pressure. There was alot of coverage sacks out there too because Nicks, Cruz, Bennett, and Hixon could not get open.

If Diehl is all that, why was he getting help from the TE and the RB out there? Just face it, the guy sux and is going to get Eli killed sooner or later if the giants continue starting him.

sharick88
11-13-2012, 06:56 PM

You assessment of Chase Blackburn is right on the money though

DVision
11-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Some of Atkins pressure was due to the fact that Eli had to step up in the pocket because Diehl's man had flown right past him!

dezzzR
11-13-2012, 07:21 PM
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/golf-clap.gif

BlueSanta
11-13-2012, 07:23 PM
Again, Diehl was getting help from the back on EVERY PLAY. The back usually takes the 1st guy through, but not on sunday. From the 2nd period on our backs only helped Deihl. They were obviously told to do so. So, if Diehls sucking made our backs, who might otherwise have been able to help out other guys, concentrate on helping only diehl, how does that excuse him?

and then there is the fact that he has give up 4 sacks and multple pressures in 4 games. Far more than Locklear did over a longer period.

Or you could go with our run game stats.

With Locklear as the starter at RT we averaged 122 yards rushing per game.

With Deihl starting we average just over 90.

Or lastly, you could look at our win loss. With Deihl as a starter at RT we are 1-3. With Locklear we are 5-1.

and regarding your suposed supporting website PFF, guess who they rated as the worst starting tackle in the NFL last year for the course of the entire season?

Yep, you guessed it. Guess they don't agree so much with you....

Moke
11-13-2012, 07:23 PM
After reading PFF today, it looks like they been agreeing with everything I been saying (you can view my posts just in case you forgot what I posted.) I posted about how Diehl was not the main culprit last Sunday. Geno Atkins was eating Boothe and/or Baas, alot of Diehl's pressures came from coverage sacks or the interior of the pocket collapsing. Even that dumb announcer tried to blame Diehl for Atkins pressure which was not true. People get your facts straight before using Diehl as a scapegoat...its totally unfair. People flame me but I'm one of the most unbiased and love facts.

Another thing I been right about was Chase Blackburn's play. It was significant in the Bengal game. Someone complained about the run defense being poor which is not true. Our run defense stuffed the Bengals after appearing soft in the Steeler game. Blackburn is the reason, He forced a fumble and was all over the run filling his gaps. Can I get a little respect on these boards. I get flamed for supporting alot of these players but im labeled as if Im not a loyal fan which is not true. I want to see the best out of this team, and I am seeing some of the glaring problems that no1 wants to talk about.

Maybe you agreed with PFF, but good try. Want a cookie?

DVision
11-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Again, Diehl was getting help from the back on EVERY PLAY. The back usually takes the 1st guy through, but not on sunday. From the 2nd period on our backs only helped Deihl. They were obviously told to do so. So, if Diehls sucking made our backs, who might otherwise have been able to help out other guys, concentrate on helping only diehl, how does that excuse him?

and then there is the fact that he has give up 4 sacks and multple pressures in 4 games. Far more than Locklear did over a longer period.

Or you could go with our run game stats.

With Locklear as the starter at RT we averaged 122 yards rushing per game.

With Deihl starting we average just over 90.

Or lastly, you could look at our win loss. With Deihl as a starter at RT we are 1-3. With Locklear we are 5-1.

and regarding your suposed supporting website PFF, guess who they rated as the worst starting tackle in the NFL last year for the course of the entire season?

Yep, you guessed it. Guess they don't agree so much with you....

Since the OP likes "facts" so much, he should love your post! Simply put! Our offense has been less efficient with Diehl in the lineup and that's a fact! Aren't the coaches almost conceding that when they are making excuses for his play thus far? Saying he is just getting up to speed and "I think he'll be just fine.." is basically saying he hasn't been playing well, but we think he will in the future! The fact he used the word "think" doesn't sound like even he is that confident. Meanwhile we'll sit the guy that has been playing well in order to give Diehl a chance to improve!

sharick88
11-13-2012, 07:44 PM
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/golf-clap.gif

Dude, did you really just use a Men at Work gif? LOL

jaxnygmen
11-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Take a look at the previous weeks PFF articles and you can see the discrepancies about the posts. Yes Boothe is a problem on the line as well. But we have given up twice as many sacks since your boy diehl has returned. Blackburn has always been a band aid. He occassionally will make a good play but far to often he can not get in the gap or shed his blocker. But these guys are not only issues. Webster has been a tremendous disappointment this year. Boley as well. Our Dline is not doing anything.

TheAnalyst
11-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Baas has been bad since we signed him. No big surprise. Boothe is a backup starting and Diehl has lost a few steps. This is why I keep saying we need Olines but Reese ignores it. Last in rushing last year because of the Oline, not the RB, bit we go and draft a RB who doesn't even play in the first round and wait to try to fix the oline in the 4th and 6th, both who have 0 impact. I am not smarter then Jerry Reese, but I know you need a solid oline to create a run game and keep your 100 mil QB upright, something Reese has forgot.

nycisgreat
11-13-2012, 08:20 PM
Diehl sucks.... and he was once one of my favorite Giants.. love the guy but it's time to hang it up

I feel the same way. No one is say anyone else on the line is perfect, but Diehl is the weakest link. It is time for him to retire. I would be surprised to see if he is still around next season.

nycisgreat
11-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Dude, did you really just use a Men at Work gif? LOL

lol

moosedrool
11-13-2012, 08:36 PM
Looks like PFF agrees with me!!

The only reason Diehl got a positive PFF grade for ONE GAME was because he had more help than usual from the TE and RB on many pass plays. On the protections he was 1-on-1 he gave up a sack and 3 pressures. That is not good.

And in 3 1/2 games Diehl has given up 4 sacks plus 11 pressures. THAT IS AWFUL.

Buddy333
11-13-2012, 09:26 PM
So lets say your right and this web site did give him a good grade for the other day. Isn't this the same web site that had him ranked as the worst OL in the league for most of the last two years?

JPP=BEASTMODE
11-14-2012, 01:02 AM
After reading PFF today, it looks like they been agreeing with everything I been saying (you can view my posts just in case you forgot what I posted.) I posted about how Diehl was not the main culprit last Sunday. Geno Atkins was eating Boothe and/or Baas, alot of Diehl's pressures came from coverage sacks or the interior of the pocket collapsing. Even that dumb announcer tried to blame Diehl for Atkins pressure which was not true. People get your facts straight before using Diehl as a scapegoat...its totally unfair. People flame me but I'm one of the most unbiased and love facts.Another thing I been right about was Chase Blackburn's play. It was significant in the Bengal game. Someone complained about the run defense being poor which is not true. Our run defense stuffed the Bengals after appearing soft in the Steeler game. Blackburn is the reason, He forced a fumble and was all over the run filling his gaps. Can I get a little respect on these boards. I get flamed for supporting alot of these players but im labeled as if Im not a loyal fan which is not true. I want to see the best out of this team, and I am seeing some of the glaring problems that no1 wants to talk about.Wow that's spectacular!!! Would you like a trophy or a cookie?

Harooni
11-14-2012, 01:09 AM
i agree also DD is the scape goat

Captain Chaos
11-14-2012, 03:10 AM
Don't care what anyone says they still need a ton of work.

drewz
11-14-2012, 05:34 AM
A++++++++++ LETS GIVE DIEHL AN EXTENSION!

TheAnalyst
11-14-2012, 10:20 AM
The only reason Diehl got a positive PFF grade for ONE GAME was because he had more help than usual from the TE and RB on many pass plays. On the protections he was 1-on-1 he gave up a sack and 3 pressures. That is not good.

And in 3 1/2 games Diehl has given up 4 sacks plus 11 pressures. THAT IS AWFUL.

Wow. What are the numbers on Locklear? I know he did not give up a sack and doesn't need the RB and TE helping everytime.

moosedrool
11-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Wow. What are the numbers on Locklear? I know he did not give up a sack and doesn't need the RB and TE helping everytime.

Locklear for 7 1/2 games has given up ZERO sacks and 21 pressures.