PDA

View Full Version : New York Giantsí David Wilson Still Learning Pro Offense; Coaches Explain Lack of Pla

He Hate Mee
11-14-2012, 11:57 AM
Yet again all they are saying is David Wilson can't block and protect the QB.

I, for one, am not buying into this. Something else has to be wrong, it cant just be that he has to "man up" and learn to do other things besides run the ball.

Put the kid in the game for ONCE and see what actually happens...good lord

http://www.giants101.com/2012/11/14/new-york-giants-david-wilson-still-learning-pro-offense-coaches-explain-lack-of-playing-time/

Moke
11-14-2012, 11:58 AM
Pro football is a lot different. If the coaches are making the call that he hasn't adjusted yet, then I'll take their word.

He Hate Mee
11-14-2012, 12:02 PM
I understand that. But practice isn't everything. Some people just have a switch...and that thing just "flips" on for a game.

Whether that means blocking, running, catching....whatever. What makes Wilson so special that he is the ONLY RB WEVE HAD IN THE PAST 10 YEARS who doesnt get playing time because of this? This is unreal.

giantscolombia
11-14-2012, 12:03 PM
we talkin' bout practice? practice?

come on man

hahahhaha couldnt resist....

Toadofsteel
11-14-2012, 12:03 PM
JPP didn't start until 2011. Prince didn't start until 2012. Makes sense...

Moke
11-14-2012, 12:05 PM

And they're both panning out pretty well. I don't see the need to rush these players in too quickly, unless he was a full boomer, in which he hasn't shown anything yet.

He Hate Mee
11-14-2012, 12:08 PM
And they're both panning out pretty well. I don't see the need to rush these players in too quickly, unless he was a full boomer, in which he hasn't shown anything yet.

Yes, but look at what our alternative has been. A beat up Bradshaw. A Bradshaw not as dominant as he once was physically. And David Wilson rides the pine.

I wish these coaches would just shut up and let the kid play. Then the world can see for itself whether or not he can protect.

"Believe nothing of what you hear, and half of what you see"

All the Wilson doubters are like blind sheep following aimlessly in the direction of the slaughter.

Pathetic.

Dwinsballgames
11-14-2012, 12:09 PM
I for one cannot fathom why people don't understand or believe the reason the coaches are giving for not playing Wilson more. Why does there have to be some machiavelian alterior motive?? The kid has to learn to play the position at the pro level before he can play and as long as there is at least one other healthy running back on the roster who can do that job better, Wilson will not get a lot of snaps.

He Hate Mee
11-14-2012, 12:11 PM
I for one cannot fathom why people don't understand or believe the reason the coaches are giving for not playing Wilson more. Why does there have to be some machiavelian alterior motive?? The kid has to learn to play the position at the pro level befor he can play and as long as there is at least one other healthy running back on the roster who can do that job better Wilson will not get a lot of snaps.

Its fine when our #1 is playing well and we are winning games.

Otherwise is just looks foolish and stubborn.

I would like to see for myself this supposed "lack of knowledge and ineptitude at everything other than running the ball" I want to see it for my ****ing self and I am getting sick of these coaches hear-say BS

Dwinsballgames
11-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Its fine when our #1 is playing well and we are winning games.

Otherwise is just looks foolish and stubborn.

I would like to see for myself this supposed "lack of knowledge and ineptitude at everything other than running the ball" I want to see it for my ****ing self and I am getting sick of these coaches hear-say BS

I understand and share your frustration especially with the way tghe entire offense has been playing for the past few games, but the Giants Organization is not going to put the kid out there just to appease a bunch of frustrated fans.

Toadofsteel
11-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Yes, but look at what our alternative has been. A beat up Bradshaw. A Bradshaw not as dominant as he once was physically. And David Wilson rides the pine.

I wish these coaches would just shut up and let the kid play. Then the world can see for itself whether or not he can protect.

All the Wilson doubters are like blind sheep following aimlessly in the direction of the slaughter.

Pathetic.

I agree that Bradshaw needs to be benched. But not necessarily for Wilson. Brown needs the start, immediately

Moke
11-14-2012, 12:14 PM

Pathetic.

No one is a Wilson doubter. I'm sure everyone here wants him to succeed, but everyone wants to go in with confidence and not with it "NOTHING IS WORKING, LET'S THROW HIM IN".

It might hurt him mentally if we throw him in and keeps screwing up, and that's bad for development.

Dwinsballgames
11-14-2012, 12:15 PM
No one is a Wilson doubter. I'm sure everyone here wants him to succeed, but everyone wants to go in with confidence and not with it "NOTHING IS WORKING, LET'S THROW HIM IN".

It might hurt him mentally if we throw him in and keeps screwing up, and that's bad for development.

Not to mention that it could get our quarterback killed on a blitz

He Hate Mee
11-14-2012, 12:17 PM

Im not buying that. Call me a doubter, unfaithful in coaches....whaetver you want.

But again, Believe NOTHING of what you hear. Lets see it for ourselves...

Moke
11-14-2012, 12:19 PM

Or give him more INTs because he seems to be in that mode where he feels pressured and throws it off.

Dwinsballgames
11-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Im not buying that. Call me a doubter, unfaithful in coaches....whaetver you want.

But again, Believe NOTHING of what you hear. Lets see it for ourselves...

Why? What otherb possible explanation could there be?

BTW you're an unfaithful coach doubter:D

TheAnalyst
11-14-2012, 12:28 PM
The thing is, there are plenty of game breaking RBs out there that play a bunch that can not block. Jamaal Charles, Darren Sproles, Shady McCoy, Reggie Bush..... yet their team finds them a way to make them work. Wilson has the talent, but isn't putting together yet. He has all the speed, acceleration, toughness, but can't see the entire picture.

But I dont understand why Wilson needs to learn how to block but Diehl doens't... lol

He Hate Mee
11-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Why? What otherb possible explanation could there be?

BTW you're an unfaithful coach doubter:D

haha thanks

I'm not necessarily saying that what they are saying is false.

I'm doubting the legitimacy of the claim. I think he would perform just fine, given the opportunity (which he hast yet).

So...until I see it with my own two eyes, I won't buy it.

Moke
11-14-2012, 12:29 PM
haha thanks

I'm not necessarily saying that what they are saying is false.

I'm doubting the legitimacy of the claim. I think he would perform just fine, given the opportunity (which he hast yet).

So...until I see it with my own two eyes, I won't buy it.

Dude, who hates you? I think I got the hint...

He Hate Mee
11-14-2012, 12:29 PM
The thing is, there are plenty of game breaking RBs out there that play a bunch that can not block. Jamaal Charles, Darren Sproles, Shady McCoy, Reggie Bush..... yet their team finds them a way to make them work. Wilson has the talent, but isn't putting together yet. He has all the speed, acceleration, toughness, but can't see the entire picture.

But I dont understand why Wilson needs to learn how to block but Diehl doens't... lol

+9,000 points for you

+++++1 !!!!!

repeatchamps
11-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Lets see it for ourselves...

What makes you think we as fans are owed an explanation or are owed the opportunity to "see things for ourselves." The answer because we are the fans and pay for tickets, television viewership and merchandise is still not enough to expect what you are asking the coaches to provide you.

At the end of the day this is a business and the coaches are the bosses. Bosses have the ability to do what they see fit to do and don't owe anyone but their own bosses an explanation if one is requested. No one in the organization from top to bottom has to provide anything to you but a 53 player squad that is on the field each week for a minimum of 16 weeks a year from September to December. The organization could score 0 points and allow 100 points every game for 100 years in a row and still would not owe any explanation to you or allow you to see anything for yourself.

Dwinsballgames
11-14-2012, 12:33 PM

How many of those running backs' QBs play an entire year without injury? I don't know the answer, but it would be interesting to see. On the subject of DD, Why would one player's problems stopping the rush make the coaches want to risk making that situation worse? Plus, the RBs have to stop blitzing LBs and DBs who are taking a good ten yard run at full speed straight to the QB. You miss one of those guys and it's good night Irene.

dezzzR
11-14-2012, 12:39 PM
Diehl cant block and he still gets to play:o

Imgrate
11-14-2012, 12:58 PM
How many of those running backs' QBs play an entire year without injury? I don't know the answer, but it would be interesting to see. On the subject of DD, Why would one player's problems stopping the rush make the coaches want to risk making that situation worse? Plus, the RBs have to stop blitzing LBs and DBs who are taking a good ten yard run at full speed straight to the QB. You miss one of those guys and it's good night Irene.Drew brees was fine with both Reggie and sproles.

Dwinsballgames
11-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Drew brees was fine with both Reggie and sproles.

yeah but Drew Brees is elite

TheAnalyst
11-14-2012, 01:12 PM
yeah but Drew Brees is elite

Why is that in red? He is elite.

Dwinsballgames
11-14-2012, 01:13 PM

oh crap, now look what I've started.

sharick88
11-14-2012, 01:25 PM
My response to all of that **** is whatever. You never know what you have until you actually put it out there. Wilson fumbles one time in the opening game and gets next to no playing time the rest of the year. It's actually pretty damn sad.

sharick88
11-14-2012, 01:27 PM

I, for one, am not buying into this. Something else has to be wrong, it cant just be that he has to "man up" and learn to do other things besides run the ball.

http://www.giants101.com/2012/11/14/new-york-giants-david-wilson-still-learning-pro-offense-coaches-explain-lack-of-playing-time/

I agree with you, Rod Smart

repeatchamps
11-14-2012, 01:41 PM
My response to all of that **** is whatever. You never know what you have until you actually put it out there. Wilson fumbles one time in the opening game and gets next to no playing time the rest of the year. It's actually pretty damn sad.

Sorry but the coaches apparently do not feel the need to put him out there to see what they've got. They see him in practice and clearly do not feel he can go out there and help the team in any, way shape or form right now. So like I said whether you agree with it or not, it is the way it is and the coaches nor anyone in the organization owe you or any of us an explanation for it and are not obligated to put him out there so the fans can "see what we've got" at this point in time. No amount of tickets, merchandise and TV viewership purchased by the fans is justification to force the coaches to put him out there so the fans can see what they've got in Wilson right now.

sharick88
11-14-2012, 01:47 PM
Sorry but the coaches apparently do not feel the need to put him out there to see what they've got. They see him in practice and clearly do not feel he can go out there and help the team in any, way shape or form right now. So like I said whether you agree with it or not, it is the way it is and the coaches nor anyone in the organization owe you or any of us an explanation for it and are not obligated to put him out there so the fans can "see what we've got" at this point in time. No amount of tickets, merchandise and TV viewership purchased by the fans is justification to force the coaches to put him out there so the fans can see what they've got in Wilson right now.

We're talking about practice. Not a game, but practice.

repeatchamps
11-14-2012, 01:50 PM
We're talking about practice. Not a game, but practice.

The organization thinks that is enough to tell them all they need to know and they do not have to justify it to the fans. All we are entitled to as I said earlier, is a 53 man squad that can play 16 out of 17 consecutive weeks from September to December. We are not entitled to anything more than that. We are not even entitled to view/listen each week without paying to see or hear it in some method. You can watch it for free if you can walk to a bar or to a friend/family member that won't make you pay/order anything but of course in order to walk to a bar/friend/relative you have to pay to live somehwere close enough to one that you can walk to. If you drive to a place to watch it for free, you are paying for the car/cab and for the gas/fare.

sharick88
11-14-2012, 01:55 PM
The organization thinks that is enough to tell them all they need to know and they do not have to justify it to the fans. All we are entitled to as I said earlier, is a 53 man squad that can play 16 out of 17 consecutive weeks from September to December. We are not entitled to anything more than that.

My issue with it is if you aren't going to play him that much, why even draft him in the first round? It's not like Bradshaw is out there getting his like Adrian Peterson. He is hobbled and it looks like he has lost a step because of it. Why not use Wilson more? Even if he got about 5 carries per game, that is way more than he is getting now. IMO, they are totally underusing a guy that could be explosive in this offense, only if they had the nuts to go against the grain and make it happen. Hopefully, you don't think that 5 carries per game isn't too much to ask for.

Toadofsteel
11-14-2012, 01:57 PM

Last I checked, Drew opened the season with a slump that makes ours look like chump change...

repeatchamps
11-14-2012, 01:58 PM
My issue with it is if you aren't going to play him that much, why even draft him in the first round? It's not like Bradshaw is out there getting his like Adrian Peterson. He is hobbled and it looks like he has lost a step because of it. Why not use Wilson more? Even if he got about 5 carries per game, that is way more than he is getting now. IMO, they are totally underusing a guy that could be explosive in this offense, only if they had the nuts to go against the grain and make it happen. Hopefully, you don't think that 5 carries per game isn't too much to ask for.

I don't disagree with any of what your saying but my point is that some posters are saying they are entitled to judge for themselves and the coaches' reasonings are not enough to prohibit that fan judgement. That just is not the case and under this regime it never will be. Either you accept it or don't but regardless if you do your don't accept it doesn't matter because it won't change the coaches' minds on the subject and no fan has the right to expect them to change their minds based on fan opinion. That is entitlement no fan has.

nygfanmaybe
11-14-2012, 02:00 PM
They are paying their QB a whole lot of money. You really have to think about that. They can afford to not have DW on the field right now. I don't know if they want to pay Eli the money they are paying him to sit on the sideline. If they have determined that having him on the field is a detriment to Eli's health, he will not play...and that would apply even if Carr or anyone else was out there.

My question is whether they knew what they were getting when they drafted him. Did they expect this learning curve or whatever it is...or are they surprised and therefore disappointed. They must have known that he didn't play in a pro offense in college.

Mod_C
11-14-2012, 03:03 PM

He was in the game twice. He fumbled a ball and dropped a pass. That's not the issue. He is the kick returner a job that doesn't go to a player they don't trust. But if you don 't think there's more to being a running back than "running" you haven't been following the Giants for a long time. If, for health reasons, Bradshaw can't play Wilson becomes the # 2 RB behind Brown. Back in February, these were the best coaches on the planet. Now we can't trust them to decide when a rookie is ready for prime time?

Morehead State
11-14-2012, 03:28 PM
I'm not buying this nonsense either. In week one he was in the backfield early in the game. Obviously they thought he was good enough then. Then he fumbled and he's been benched for 10 games. Makes no sense.

Its pure nonsense.

RoanokeFan
11-14-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm not buying this nonsense either. In week one he was in the backfield early in the game. Obviously they thought he was good enough then. Then he fumbled and he's been benched for 10 games. Makes no sense.

Its pure nonsense.

MS, he hasn't been "benched." He's retuning kicks which is very important in terms of ball security and running. But there are things he's not good at based upon the coaches' observations. It seems to me they are over the fumble hurdle. Last week they had plays designed for him that they had to abandon when we just sucked all across the board. He's going to get his chances and, with Bradshaw's health in question, maybe sooner rather than later. It remains to be seen of he will take advantage.

Don't bring up his 40 yard TD that you could have run just as well as he did :rolleyes:

Blue in Oz
11-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Joseph didn't play at all in his first year, and then his second year he's starting.

Toadofsteel
11-14-2012, 04:18 PM
Joseph didn't play at all in his first year, and then his second year he's starting.

JPP didnt play that many snaps in 2010 and now he's starting...

CDN_G-FAN
11-14-2012, 04:20 PM
I understand that. But practice isn't everything. Some people just have a switch...and that thing just "flips" on for a game.

Whether that means blocking, running, catching....whatever. What makes Wilson so special that he is the ONLY RB WEVE HAD IN THE PAST 10 YEARS who doesnt get playing time because of this? This is unreal.

i keep thinking our entire fanbase has lost a screw.

The EXACT SAME THING happend with Bradshaw.

The EXACT SAME THING happend with Jacobs.

The EXACT SAME THING happened with Scott.

Unless you just started being a fan this season, how they're handling Wilson shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

its simple. in the modern game, where you can easily have 40 throws a game, if your line can't block, there's no point putting in a back in who could screw up a protection and get your QB absolutely creamed.

or at best, your QB has no confidence in the HBs ability to pick up his man and starts throwing early or trying to squeeze passes in.

you risk injury and turnovers, with the hope that Wilson can make up for a crappy running game all by himself.

i don't get why everyone feels so pissed off about Wilson not getting more carries. So what? our line sucks anyway.

myles2424
11-14-2012, 04:25 PM
I understand that he has a issue passblocking, ok no argument there.....But theres no reason to not give more carries to a guy with his kind of big play potential....

RoanokeFan
11-14-2012, 04:29 PM
i keep thinking our entire fanbase has lost a screw.

The EXACT SAME THING happend with Bradshaw.

The EXACT SAME THING happend with Jacobs.

The EXACT SAME THING happened with Scott.

Unless you just started being a fan this season, how they're handling Wilson shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

its simple. in the modern game, where you can easily have 40 throws a game, if your line can't block, there's no point putting in a back in who could screw up a protection and get your QB absolutely creamed.

or at best, your QB has no confidence in the HBs ability to pick up his man and starts throwing early or trying to squeeze passes in.

you risk injury and turnovers, with the hope that Wilson can make up for a crappy running game all by himself.

i don't get why everyone feels so pissed off about Wilson not getting more carries. So what? our line sucks anyway.

A little late to the dance? :)

CDN_G-FAN
11-14-2012, 04:31 PM
there is a reason, if you're only ever going to run the ball with him in there, you're wasting snaps because nfl teams watch film and will know, like we all do already, that when he's in there its not gonna be a pass.

and if you leave him in there for a pass, you risk eli taking a hit, for literally no reason other than you hope wilson can run behind a struggling line.

AND, i get the sense the coaching staff is asking Wilson to do something (learn the protections) and he's not, either as a disipline issue, or just can't pick it up.

CDN_G-FAN
11-14-2012, 04:31 PM
A little late to the dance? :)

clearly!

myles2424
11-14-2012, 04:33 PM
there is a reason, if you're only ever going to run the ball with him in there, you're wasting snaps because nfl teams watch film and will know, like we all do already, that when he's in there its not gonna be a pass.

and if you leave him in there for a pass, you risk eli taking a hit, for literally no reason other than you hope wilson can run behind a struggling line.

AND, i get the sense the coaching staff is asking Wilson to do something (learn the protections) and he's not, either as a disipline issue, or just can't pick it up.
It doesnt take hours of film watching to expect the run on 1st & 2nd downs.....Wilson needs more carries regardless

RoanokeFan
11-14-2012, 04:34 PM
It doesnt take hours of film watching to expect the run on 1st & 2nd downs.....Wilson needs more carries regardless

If you said Brown, I'd be right there with you

CDN_G-FAN
11-14-2012, 04:34 PM
do you think we run on 1st down more than we pass? I bet you we don't. not at all.

sharick88
11-14-2012, 04:36 PM

Its pure nonsense.

Exactly. All I am personally asking for is for the team to use him more. No one can tell me that 5 carries per game or about 10-15 snaps minimum is too much. I also wouldn't put my first round draft pick out there returning kicks either.

sharick88
11-14-2012, 04:37 PM

IMO, Brown should be starting. Bradshaw's wheels are messed up and he has clearly lost a step

myles2424
11-14-2012, 04:39 PM
Brown too, you go with whats working regardless of $$ or the history.....

RoanokeFan
11-14-2012, 04:45 PM
IMO, Brown should be starting. Bradshaw's wheels are messed up and he has clearly lost a step

It will be interesting to see the results of the "battery of tests" Bradshaw underwent. With the BYE we may not hear until next week though.

I have said before, the fact that Brown started in Cincinnati may well be the sign we've been looking for. He also got more snaps during the game. It's a huge plus that he played SO WELL when Bradshaw missed that one game. Don't get me wrong, I am not wishing Bradshaw any serious injury news but should that be the case and he is given time to rest, we will see if the running game improves.

JesseJames
11-14-2012, 05:09 PM
can it be that the team will shut down Bradshaw because he simply cannot play with his state of health which doesn't seem to be improving and if thats the case who will be our RBs, we only have 2 after AB. I mention this because I did read somewhere that if Bradshaws tests come back with issues that need to be addressed he might be gone for a while..

RoanokeFan
11-14-2012, 05:13 PM
can it be that the team will shut down Bradshaw because he simply cannot play with his state of health which doesn't seem to be improving and if thats the case who will be our RBs, we only have 2 after AB. I mention this because I did read somewhere that if Bradshaws tests come back with issues that need to be addressed he might be gone for a while..

If he needs to be gone for a "while" it could mean IR. In that case they have Brown @1, and either Wilson or Martinek @ 2 with the loser @ 3

GMAN2K9
11-14-2012, 05:15 PM
I am beyond annoyed the coaches keep trying to justify the lack of carries.

BUT before the fumble in the Dallas season opener, the plan was for David Wilson to get significant action right away, as noted by Coughlins reasoning for benching the kid (all fumble related, cant do it as a pro). And that was reason for keeping him on the bench... and then its pass blocking... and now its b/c he has zero experience in a pro offense... so were those things non factors when drawing up the gameplan week one? I am not calling for Wilson to start (should be Brown) but cmon this 1 touch per game is outta control... what if Bradshaw is out with this neck injury and Brown gets shaken up on a play/series... is the kid supposed to run out their confident with the way the coaches have been knocking him in the media?! Im all for challenging and pushing Wilson behind closed doors (and practice) but stop with the throwing the kid under the bus. Helps no one

RoanokeFan
11-14-2012, 05:18 PM

BUT before the fumble in the Dallas season opener, the plan was for David Wilson to get significant action right away, as noted by Coughlins reasoning for benching the kid (all fumble related, cant do it as a pro). And that was reason for keeping him on the bench... and then its pass blocking... and now its b/c he has zero experience in a pro offense... so were those things non factors when drawing up the gameplan week one?

Out of Control

He hasn't developed as quickly as they may have hoped. It is not unusual.

GMAN2K9
11-14-2012, 05:20 PM
He hasn't developed as quickly as they may have hoped. It is not unusual.

So why is Hosley playing so much? I'm a big fan of him but he's been making TERRIBLE, game changing mistakes

JesseJames
11-14-2012, 05:20 PM
If he needs to be gone for a "while" it could mean IR. In that case they have Brown @1, and either Wilson or Martinek @ 2 with the loser @ 3
I used the term "gone for a while" because I couldn't find the link about the possibility of his going on IR and god knows you don't post anything on here about his going on IR with out a link...

JesseJames
11-14-2012, 05:23 PM

BUT before the fumble in the Dallas season opener, the plan was for David Wilson to get significant action right away, as noted by Coughlins reasoning for benching the kid (all fumble related, cant do it as a pro). And that was reason for keeping him on the bench... and then its pass blocking... and now its b/c he has zero experience in a pro offense... so were those things non factors when drawing up the gameplan week one? I am not calling for Wilson to start (should be Brown) but cmon this 1 touch per game is outta control... what if Bradshaw is out with this neck injury and Brown gets shaken up on a play/series... is the kid supposed to run out their confident with the way the coaches have been knocking him in the media?! Im all for challenging and pushing Wilson behind closed doors (and practice) but stop with the throwing the kid under the bus. Helps no one

looks to me that the Wilson story keeps getting more and more mysterious as the coaches keep giving more reasons as to why he isn't seeing the field...

Breezely
11-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Just curious. How is Andre Brown blocking ability????? Just curious

RoanokeFan
11-14-2012, 06:00 PM
So why is Hosley playing so much? I'm a big fan of him but he's been making TERRIBLE, game changing mistakes

They have been short handed in the secondary. They are not shorthanded at RB. But it seems to me you can't really compare Hosley to Wilson. Defense is more read and react, more instinctive. RB is more cerebral in terms of making reads, picking up blitzed, etc. Different players develop at different paces.

RoanokeFan
11-14-2012, 06:04 PM

He was responsible for one sack when he didn't/couldn't hold a block long enough. It could be said that was a coverage sack, but it was his assignment. I don't recall any other misses but there may have been. When Andre played in place of Bradshaw he did really well. That's the bottom line.

I can't speak for the coaches, but Brown's style seems to take advantage of the OLine's need to take a little longer to create creases. Brown waits for the opening while Bradshaw tries to make them himself or, in the alternative, bounce to the outside.

RoanokeFan
11-14-2012, 06:06 PM
I used the term "gone for a while" because I couldn't find the link about the possibility of his going on IR and god knows you don't post anything on here about his going on IR with out a link...

The IR issue is media/fan driven. No one on the inside, that I know of, has even hinted at IR.

CowboysSuck
It looks like He Hate Mee caused quite a stir in my absence today. Thanks for advocating the good word buddy :)

Morehead State
MS, he hasn't been "benched." He's retuning kicks which is very important in terms of ball security and running. But there are things he's not good at based upon the coaches' observations. It seems to me they are over the fumble hurdle. Last week they had plays designed for him that they had to abandon when we just sucked all across the board. He's going to get his chances and, with Bradshaw's health in question, maybe sooner rather than later. It remains to be seen of he will take advantage.

Don't bring up his 40 yard TD that you could have run just as well as he did :rolleyes:

The 40 yard run was in garbage time.
Yes he is running back kicks, but thats a far cry from being involved in the offense. He was obviously in the offensive game plan week 1. They had the entire summer and training camp to evaluate his worthiness to be a part of the offense. They decided he was. After the fumble, they decided he wasn't.

If he wasn't at RB early week 1 I would have a different view. But he was.

CowboysSuck
11-14-2012, 06:07 PM
the NY Giants are spiraling out of control.

If you can't see this, perhaps you need specs.

2 embarassing losses? Coaches pointing fingers? Cruz looking for hats? Simms telling Eli he is nothing more than a cha chia pet?

ut oh...

CowboysSuck
11-14-2012, 06:09 PM
overshadowed by the fact TC KG and Ingram are as close to idiocracy as humanly possible.

Wilson...i mean...he....its just they nee... ughh im ****ing done with these arguments.

RoanokeFan
11-14-2012, 06:10 PM
The 40 yard run was in garbage time.
Yes he is running back kicks, but thats a far cry from being involved in the offense. He was obviously in the offensive game plan week 1. They had the entire summer and training camp to evaluate his worthiness to be a part of the offense. They decided he was. After the fumble, they decided he wasn't.

If he wasn't at RB early week 1 I would have a different view. But he was.

I don't know what may have changed their minds. Whatever it was caused them to put Brown in when Bradshaw had to miss a game and that worked out pretty well.

CowboysSuck
11-14-2012, 06:13 PM
I don't know what may have changed their minds. Whatever it was caused them to put Brown in when Bradshaw had to miss a game and that worked out pretty well.

Really, you dont know?

It couldnt have been the fumble? nooo, not that

CowboysSuck
11-14-2012, 06:13 PM
Or Snees wife? Nooo

*Disclaimer: This post in completely fictitous and in no way represents any actual event. It is completely un-grounded in reality and serves for entertainment purposed only*

(must I add this to every post to avoid being banned?)

Morehead State
11-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Has it? I like Brown but how many huge plays haven't been made because Wilson isn't on the field. That's exactly why he was drafted.

And the other problem is that he's on the filed so little, the defense knows its going to him when he is.

RoanokeFan
11-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Really, you dont know?

It couldnt have been the fumble? nooo, not that

That was a short term issue. If that was still an issue, he would not be returning kicks

Flip Empty
11-14-2012, 06:22 PM
That was a short term issue. If that was still an issue, he would not be returning kicks
Didn't he return kicks in that same week 1 game?

RoanokeFan
11-14-2012, 06:26 PM
Didn't he return kicks in that same week 1 game?

I can't recall

Morehead State
11-14-2012, 06:26 PM
C'mon my friend. He was in the offense, he fumbled, and then he hasn't been in the offense since. Do the math.

I'm not buying the kickoff thing either. Could be that TC has more confidence in a kickoff play where its essentially straight line running without a lot of cutting and switching the ball to the outside arm. But I'm speculating. I can't know for sure.

But the fact is that he has had very limited play in the offense since the fumble 10 FRIGGIN GAMES AGO!!!!!!
I believe it was the second series of the game vs. Dallas. He was OBVIOUSLY going to be a major player in the offense. I think that's reasonable to assume.

RoanokeFan
11-14-2012, 06:32 PM
C'mon my friend. He was in the offense, he fumbled, and then he hasn't been in the offense since. Do the math.

I'm not buying the kickoff thing either. Could be that TC has more confidence in a kickoff play where its essentially straight line running without a lot of cutting and switching the ball to the outside arm. But I'm speculating. I can't know for sure.

But the fact is that he has had very limited play in the offense since the fumble 10 FRIGGIN GAMES AGO!!!!!!
I believe it was the second series of the game vs. Dallas. He was OBVIOUSLY going to be a major player in the offense. I think that's reasonable to assume.

We will just have to agree to disagree.

Cloud57
11-14-2012, 06:34 PM
I don't know if this was posted already

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/13/giants-rookie-david-wilson-will-ride-the-pine-until-he-grows-up/

byron
11-14-2012, 06:37 PM

I believe it was the second series of the game vs. Dallas. He was OBVIOUSLY going to be a major player in the offense. I think that's reasonable to assume. I ain't buying the bull**** either... all of a sudden these coaches start defending their position and throw the kid under the bus in the process....I'm seeing stubborn bull**** here that needs to be exercised.....time to call the pope......

Morehead State
11-14-2012, 06:42 PM
We will just have to agree to disagree.
No....I want to keep arguing.
I want to repeat the same thing over and over and over again until you are so sick of me you will admit that I'm right just to shut me up.

CDN_G-FAN
11-14-2012, 06:42 PM

when he was asked about getting a chance to start on the giants, and what he's done to ge there, his first response was (paraphrasing) "well, on this team, in the NFL in general, you better know how to passblock if you want to get carries......."

CowboysSuck
11-14-2012, 06:44 PM
So, were all on board? Ingram, KG, and TC are full of ****, stubborn, good for nothings? :)

RoanokeFan
11-14-2012, 06:45 PM
No....I want to keep arguing.
I want to repeat the same thing over and over and over again until you are so sick of me you will admit that I'm right just to shut me up.

# 1, I will never be sick of you
# 2, **** off :p

Morehead State
11-14-2012, 06:48 PM
# 1, I will never be sick of you
# 2, **** off :p
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW...Both #1 and #2 were things my ex wife said to me.
She was wrong on #1.

RoanokeFan
11-14-2012, 06:50 PM

:cool:

GMAN2K9
11-14-2012, 06:52 PM
I ain't buying the bull**** either... all of a sudden these coaches start defending their position and throw the kid under the bus in the process....I'm seeing stubborn bull**** here that needs to be exercised.....time to call the pope......

Exactly! So damn frustrating... if its not one thing its another... and beyond the baloney excuses, the coaches just dont trust him so he sits until they have no choice but use him (ie injuries)

RoanokeFan
11-14-2012, 06:54 PM

BTW...Both #1 and #2 were things my ex wife said to me.
She was wrong on #1.

You have an "EX" wife? I don't understand :confused:

JSpin
11-14-2012, 07:32 PM

JPP had over 400 snaps his rookie year with 2 pro-bowl players ahead of him on the depth chart.... David Wilson has 27 snaps with a 7th rounder and a guy who was cut 10 times ahead of him. Now they're trying out free agent running backs. RIDICULOUS

Morehead State
11-14-2012, 07:34 PM
You have an "EX" wife? I don't understand :confused:
Split up in 86 and she never remarried....A personal victory for me.

Cloud57
11-14-2012, 07:37 PM
JPP had over 400 snaps his rookie year with 2 pro-bowl players ahead of him on the depth chart.... David Wilson has 27 snaps with a 7th rounder and a guy who was cut 10 times ahead of him. Now they're trying out free agent running backs. RIDICULOUS I'm a big supporter of Wilson getting more playing time but I think we just have to accept the fact that Wislon may be a bust, because no team drafts a RB in the first round and don't play him.

RoanokeFan
11-14-2012, 07:40 PM
Split up in 86 and she never remarried....A personal victory for me.

Once you've had the best.......

Morehead State
11-14-2012, 07:42 PM
I'm a big supporter of Wilson getting more playing time but I think we just have to accept the fact that Wislon may be a bust, because no team drafts a RB in the first round and don't play him.
Evidentally they do.

JSpin
11-14-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm a big supporter of Wilson getting more playing time but I think we just have to accept the fact that Wislon may be a bust, because no team drafts a RB in the first round and don't play him.

He's not a bust lol. He is by far the most talented RB on the team. We're talking about the guy who had 1700 rushing yards in his final year of college and lead the NCAA in yards after contact. Over 200 more yac than this guy named Trent Richardson. He is a dynamic playmaker and the Giants won't utilize him for some most likely bs reason.

Cloud57
11-14-2012, 10:49 PM
"...Blocking: Limited experience as a pass protector and needs extensive work on his technique. Receiving: Has only average ballskills out of the backfield and wasn't used a lot as a receiver in college...Has suspect ball security with several fumbles over his career, holding the ball too loose. Has some coachability issues, openly questioning the play-calling at times ... butted heads with the coaching staff more than a few times for not enough carries..."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664188/david-wilson

Flip Empty
11-14-2012, 10:57 PM
"...Blocking: Limited experience as a pass protector and needs extensive work on his technique. Receiving: Has only average ballskills out of the backfield and wasn't used a lot as a receiver in college...Has suspect ball security with several fumbles over his career, holding the ball too loose. Has some coachability issues, openly questioning the play-calling at times ... butted heads with the coaching staff more than a few times for not enough carries..."

Interesting. I imagine it's the latter part of that assessment which is really digging the hole.

BuffyBlueII
11-14-2012, 11:44 PM

Wilson is a burner and we need to give him a shot. We all know that he cares about doing well judging by his reaction in game 1 after the fumble. Obviously if we are working out Joseph Adai then that means AB is hurting and we should go with Wilson.

moosedrool
11-14-2012, 11:51 PM
Wilson can't pass block so he doesn't get to play? David Diehl can't pass block either but he is playing.

BigJ
11-15-2012, 12:47 AM
Wilson has like 10 carries all season. Coaches don't give him any playing time and obviously don't plan on it. Doug Martin is a top 5 RB in the League right now destroying every D in his path.... All those NCAA stats for Wilson, he was the pick right after Martin, we don't give him a shot and were looking at Joseph Adai???? Somthing is wrong here, what a waste of a First round pick...... Not sayin he is a bust by saying that but they really don't care what he can do or were he was picked if they are lookin at backs what a joke.

miked1958
11-15-2012, 02:38 AM
So why do other teams enjoy sucess using rookies from week 1? Martin and Thomas for examples

Rat_bastich
11-15-2012, 03:48 AM
Wilson can't pass block so he doesn't get to play? David Diehl can't pass block either but he is playing.

QFFT!!!!

RoanokeFan
11-15-2012, 06:36 AM

So the answer is to add someone else who can't block?

Toadofsteel
11-15-2012, 08:21 AM
So the answer is to add someone else who can't block?

No, the answer is to add someone on the line who can...