PDA

View Full Version : Osi Umenyiora: Cris Carter "doesn't know" Giants' ways (NFL.com)

Toadofsteel
11-14-2012, 02:53 PM
LINK (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000094896/article/osi-umenyiora-cris-carter-doesnt-know-giants-ways)

New York Giants pass rusher Osi Umenyiora didn't take kindly to Cris Carter's take on why Big Blue and November don't seem to go together.

Carter said on ESPN that it comes down to coach Tom Coughlin running "a very tough program" that's "taxing, both mentally and physically." Carter argued the Giants fall into a lull because of the nature of Coughlin's regime, but bounce back by season's end because they're "such a good football team."

"I think Cris Carter doesn't know what he's talking about," Umenyiora told ESPN Radio, via the New York Post. "He hasn't been in our locker room, he doesn't know anything about our culture or the way coach Coughlin coaches now. I mean, he's probably going off the reputation that was probably 15 years ago.

Read More... (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000094896/article/osi-umenyiora-cris-carter-doesnt-know-giants-ways)

primetime
11-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Osi is 100% right.

Rudyy
11-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Am I the only one who kinda agrees with Cris Carter?

chizz
11-14-2012, 02:55 PM
but but but osi is a cancer in the locker room. lets see how teh osi haters will spin this

repeatchamps
11-14-2012, 03:07 PM

How can you? Are you in the locker room and in the practices? Heck even the writer of the article agreed with Osi. A media person on the Giants side and not counting them out prematurely? UNHEARD OF, lol!

EnragedYouth85
11-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Totally agree with Osi, does he say many things that I agree with? No. I totally agree with this though. Anyone outside of the organization has no idea what goes on during practices, in the locker room and what he says to his players to inspire them and keep them going. Cris Carter is ******ed and so is the spelling of his first name..

GameTime
11-14-2012, 03:14 PM
There's nothing tough about what it is that we do. We practice in shells most of the time, practices aren't hard, they’re not even long so, physically, I think we're ready. I think mentally is where we're getting beat, we're not getting beat physically."

Dont like that at all......So Osi saying the team is mentally unprepared or not up to the challenge....

Chris Carter is giving an OPINION....he is not stating fact.

Something is wrong......I bet Osi doesnt even know what it is...nor does TC

Rudyy
11-14-2012, 03:16 PM
How can you? Are you in the locker room and in the practices? Heck even the writer of the article agreed with Osi. A media person on the Giants side and not counting them out prematurely? UNHEARD OF, lol!I said kinda, not fully. You're right, I am not a part of the Giants organization nor do I know the coaches on a personal level. However, Tom Coughlin is very strict old school guy. Michael Strahan himself said he hated him (at first) So maybe, MAYBE the players start to tune him out? I don't know that for a fact, nobody does, but the second half collapses are so constant under Coughlin and so strange.

primetime
11-14-2012, 03:17 PM
There's nothing tough about what it is that we do. We practice in shells most of the time, practices aren't hard, they€™re not even long so, physically, I think we're ready. I think mentally is where we're getting beat, we're not getting beat physically."

Dont like that at all......So Osi saying the team is mentally unprepared or not up to the challenge....

Chris Carter is giving an OPINION....he is not stating fact.

Something is wrong......I bet Osi doesnt even know what it is...nor does TC
Isn't Osi stating an opinion as well? Chris Carter isn't in the locker room nor the practice facility. So his opinion has as much weight as any former player.

GameTime
11-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Isn't Osi stating an opinion as well? Chris Carter isn't in the locker room nor the practice facility. So his opinion has as much weight as any former player.
I would think Osi's opnion is supported by fact. CC is making a guess.

Martyr
11-14-2012, 03:28 PM
Who the f is Osi? does he even play on Sundays?

primetime
11-14-2012, 03:29 PM
I would think Osi's opnion is supported by fact. CC is making a guess.
I agree. I took your original post the wrong way. Thought you were more on the side of Carter then of Osi. And you could be right, the players might not know what the problem is. The coaches should, but that's yet to be seen.

GameTime
11-14-2012, 03:32 PM
I agree. I took your original post the wrong way. Thought you were more on the side of Carter then of Osi. And you could be right, the players might not know what the problem is. The coaches should, but that's yet to be seen.

:cool:

Morehead State
11-14-2012, 03:55 PM
LINK (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000094896/article/osi-umenyiora-cris-carter-doesnt-know-giants-ways)

New York Giants pass rusher Osi Umenyiora didn't take kindly to Cris Carter's take on why Big Blue and November don't seem to go together.

Carter said on ESPN that it comes down to coach Tom Coughlin running "a very tough program" that's "taxing, both mentally and physically." Carter argued the Giants fall into a lull because of the nature of Coughlin's regime, but bounce back by season's end because they're "such a good football team."

"I think Cris Carter doesn't know what he's talking about," Umenyiora told ESPN Radio, via the New York Post. "He hasn't been in our locker room, he doesn't know anything about our culture or the way coach Coughlin coaches now. I mean, he's probably going off the reputation that was probably 15 years ago.

Read More... (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000094896/article/osi-umenyiora-cris-carter-doesnt-know-giants-ways)

The "Giants Way" is for DE's to not bite on misdirection, honor your lanes, not let mobile QB's to get outside contain, and play hard every down.

Seems that Osi doesn't know the "Giants Way" either.

repeatchamps
11-14-2012, 04:52 PM
The "Giants Way" is for DE's to not bite on misdirection, honor your lanes, not let mobile QB's to get outside contain, and play hard every down.

Seems that Osi doesn't know the "Giants Way" either.

Maybe he knows the Giants Way but just hasn't been very good at adhering to it and perhaps this is his way of admitting to that subconsciously with these comments.

joemorrisforprez
11-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Cris Carter has always had a bug up his *** about Coughlin and the Giants......this coming from a dude with ZERO rings.

giantscolombia
11-14-2012, 05:48 PM

hahahahahah nice!

egyptian420
11-14-2012, 06:05 PM
sigh....lets just win a friggin game

jomo
11-14-2012, 06:29 PM
In essence then, Chris "Einstein" Carter says that the Giants fade in November because they have been ground down by Coughlin but with 2 months of additional grinding, they rise from the dead because of their greatness. That makes perfect sense.

Overdrive92
11-14-2012, 08:52 PM

He's a well known thief in the New York area. He stole $6 million from Jerry Reese.

sharick88
11-14-2012, 08:55 PM

No, but he is that guy that wears #72 that is out there trying to win DWTS during our games. How can you miss him?

giantyankee1976
11-14-2012, 08:58 PM

I mean, Chris might be right with respect to the intensity of TC's approach...but I dislike that *** anyway so F him. (and the Viqueens in general)

thegiantsrule10
11-14-2012, 10:22 PM
How smart do you have to be to understand this team, its not that difficult.

p.s Yes i'm sure what i'm saying is probably different then what Osi said but i don't care.

p.s.s i'm glad to be back for suspension

gmenfan0488
11-14-2012, 11:51 PM
He's a well known thief in the New York area. He stole $6 million from Jerry Reese.

he also gets beat on the edge often

RagTime Blue
11-15-2012, 10:25 AM

I heard he stole $2 million. JR gave him the other $4 million on his way out the door (and half the people here were happy about it).

nycisgreat
11-15-2012, 02:03 PM
but but but osi is a cancer in the locker room. lets see how teh osi haters will spin this

Lmao, we know we have many here.

TroyArcher
11-15-2012, 02:09 PM

Yes

Rusty192
11-15-2012, 02:16 PM
p.s.s i'm glad to be back for suspensiongood to have ya back. what happened? if u dont mind me asking

Rudyy
11-15-2012, 02:17 PM
YesThat's too bad..

sharick88
11-15-2012, 02:18 PM

LMMFAO

VBGiantsFan
11-15-2012, 02:40 PM
With all due respect to Chris Carter, these comments were while he was a guest on Mike and Mike in the Morning. When they asked him about the Giants he said he "didn't know" why the Giants fail in November. Then they poked and prodded and said well give us an idea of what you think. He responded with what was posted by the OP. Then, at the end of his quote he laughed and said "really I have no idea."

I think someone just trapped Osi with a quote to see his response. The nature of Chris Carter's comments were not at all intended to talk down about the Giants and in reality, he didn't even want to make the comments.