PDA

View Full Version : Boomer says Cowboys win the division, and doubts Giants even make the playoffs.

Hall of Fame
11-14-2012, 04:27 PM
This guy is a real tool sometimes. Usually its Craig that has diarrhea coming out of his mouth, not this time.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/11/13/bc-morning-show-giants-safety-stevie-brown-calls-in-boomer-not-sure-big-blue-will-make-playoffs/

ryan12
11-14-2012, 04:30 PM
This guy is a real tool sometimes. Usually its Craig that has diarrhea coming out of his mouth, not this time.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/11/13/bc-morning-show-giants-safety-stevie-brown-calls-in-boomer-not-sure-big-blue-will-make-playoffs/

boomer is a giants hater but i agree its usually that idiot carton saying some dumb ****. but boomer hates giants

ryan12
11-14-2012, 04:30 PM
giants will win division

joemorrisforprez
11-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Yeah, it's definitely getting close to Thanksgiving again.....the doubters are coming out of the woodwork.

CDN_G-FAN
11-14-2012, 04:32 PM
can anyone seriously blame him?

TheEnigma
11-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Well, this division is rarely won back-to-back by the same team. It's really not that illogical of a thought.

njg85m
11-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Why do you guys view this as such a ridiculous statement? We are 6-4 and the rest of our schedule is the Packers, Redskins, Saints (who are as good as anyone in the NFL right now), Falcons, Ravens, and finally Eagles. The two "bad" teams on the schedule are a team that already beat us once, and another that almost beat us and is always a tough matchup.

The Cowboys mean while have the Browns and Bengals while we have the Packers and Falcons.

So again, why do you guys think that it's such a lock we make the playoffs?

Edit:The only thing we really have going for us right now is that 8-8 might be enough to win the division this year. and the Cowboys probably don't have enough time to catch up

RoanokeFan
11-14-2012, 04:37 PM

No, look at the last few games, it's been down hill even when we won. BUT, I still think we win the Division.

CDN_G-FAN
11-14-2012, 04:37 PM
Why do you guys view this as such a ridiculous statement? We are 6-4 and the rest of our schedule is the Packers, Redskins, Saints (who are as good as anyone in the NFL right now), Falcons, Ravens, and finally Eagles. The two "bad" teams on the schedule are a team that already beat us once, and another that almost beat us and is always a tough matchup.

The Cowboys mean while have the Browns and Bengals while we have the Packers and Falcons.

+1

if i'm a dolphins fan asked about the giants ability to make the playoffs, i'd say the cowboys defense is WAY WAY ahead of the Giants, and they're offense is playing better right now too.

no brainer if you're not a fan. if you are, you know how quickly this team can turn things around.

but i don't blame anyone for questioning our ability to make the post season right now.

sharick88
11-14-2012, 04:38 PM

Why do you care what that ******bag says about NYG. He is a jet for life. No one here cares about what he says and neither should you? I have a bright idea for you. Don't listen to their show. You give them what they want by listening to them and bumping their takes.

RoanokeFan
11-14-2012, 04:39 PM

Edit: The only thing we really have going for us right now is that 8-8 might be enough to win the division this year.

Nothing is ever a "lock." I think we'll beat Green Bay, Washington, New Orleans and Philadelphia

Ruttiger711
11-14-2012, 04:40 PM
If you preface his statement with "The way they are playing now....." he could say he think we'll lose out and he'd be right.

As a fan though, I personally believe the Giants will improve and still hold on to win the division.... doing it with a win against Philly.

Toadofsteel
11-14-2012, 04:40 PM
Nothing is ever a "lock." I think we'll beat Green Bay, Washington, New Orleans and Philadelphia

I think we can beat Baltimore too... IF AND ONLY IF we get our **** together...

TheEnigma
11-14-2012, 04:41 PM
Romo is also playing for a new contract so that will be something I watch closely when I see the Cowboys play. Combine that with Garrett's head being on the chopping block and they could potentially get their crap together or crumble from the pressure.

Rudyy
11-14-2012, 04:41 PM
We can go 6-0 if we stop playing stupid football.

Buddy333
11-14-2012, 04:47 PM
The Giants won the Super Bowl last year and they where 9-7. They came very close to not even making the playoffs. How many magical 4th quarter come backs did they have last year? This year Eli is in a slump, something he was not in last year. Their schedule is brutal and they need to fix the entire team. From the little bit I have seen of Dallas they seem to be a solid team that turns the ball over to much. They fix that and they are a good team.

njg85m
11-14-2012, 04:47 PM
He is a jet for life.

I think you mean Bengal.

Buddy333
11-14-2012, 04:48 PM
We can go 6-0 if we stop playing stupid football.Is it all really stupid though?

Rudyy
11-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Is it all really stupid though?We make stupid mistakes, so yes, it is stupid.

Marvelousmik
11-14-2012, 04:52 PM
No, look at the last few games, it's been down hill even when we won. BUT, I still think we win the Division.

The cowboys have looked worse to me. Well for the exception of last week of course

RoanokeFan
11-14-2012, 04:57 PM
We can go 6-0 if we stop playing stupid football.

+1

ryan12
11-14-2012, 04:59 PM
+1

+2

BParcells777
11-14-2012, 04:59 PM
unless we return Locklear to RT and start Andre Brown, I'd say Boomer despite his dislike of the Giants is right on the mark with this comment.

JesseJames
11-14-2012, 05:01 PM
I have been a Giants fan for a lot of years, some good ones and some very terrible ones, but this years version of the Giants has me baffled and can anyone tell me that they can see a playoff contender in this years team right now.

Rudyy
11-14-2012, 05:02 PM
I have been a Giants fan for a lot of years, some good ones and some very terrible ones, but this years version of the Giants has me baffled and can anyone tell me that they can see a playoff contender in this years team right now.I wrote them off last year during this time..
However we were still scoring touchdowns even when we lost..

But you never know.

sharick88
11-14-2012, 05:03 PM
I think you mean Bengal.

No, I meant exactly what I said. I know he spent most of his career with the bengals, but from when I used to listen to that show a while back, all he did was drool over the jets

Hall of Fame
11-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Isn't this pretty much the way the season goes? Giants start out hot then go into a mid season slump, then barely make the playoffs, and somehow pull out an unbelievable Super Bowl run. The Cowboys usually start out playing like crap, people question their abilities, then go on a mid/late season run and win the division and tank in the playoffs. Eagles/Redskins, meh they always lay an egg.

JJC7301
11-14-2012, 05:20 PM
I have to agree with Boomer.

Flip Empty
11-14-2012, 05:43 PM
Hard to blame him after the Giants' recent exhibition on how not to play football.

G-Men Surg.
11-14-2012, 05:54 PM
Now the sky is really falling !

Die-Hard
11-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Hard to blame him after the Giants' recent exhibition on how not to play football.

Precisely. Right now, today, it doesn't look good at all, so Boomer's comments were not off the mark at all. The Giants are playing badly in ALL areas, and I haven't seen a single glimmer of hope in the last 4 weeks to convince me that they can definitely turn it around. It's possible, of course, but some serious changes will have to be made in a few positions.

Ntegrase96
11-14-2012, 06:02 PM

Edit:The only thing we really have going for us right now is that 8-8 might be enough to win the division this year. and the Cowboys probably don't have enough time to catch up

In responses to not enough time to catch up... The Cowboys aren't as far back as it may seem. The Giants, of course, have played one more game than the boys, and after this week a win against the Browns would put us at 5-5, with the Giants only being one game better at 6-4.

Do I think we'll win the division? It's possible. But I don't see anything from the Cowboys to suggest that we'll get our act together and finish games.

appodictic
11-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Great last time he said we had no chacne we went on a tear!

NYGabriel
11-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Cowboys play two games before the Giants play Greenbay. If they're 6-5, and Giants lose to join Dallas on 6-5, I think they take the division. They're a good team and they'll have an easier run in and all the momentum.

TheEnigma
11-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Do I think we'll win the division? It's possible. But I don't see anything from the Cowboys to suggest that we'll get our act together and finish games.

I think it all ends up being on how Romo and his receiving crew communicate from here on out. As long as they play consistent and mistake free football, the Cowboys defense should be good enough to carry them far into the playoffs. Out of the 4 units (Cowboys and Giants), the Cowboys D has been the most impressive and consistent squad.

foosball
11-14-2012, 06:29 PM
The bye came at a good time.

ELI_HOF_NYG
11-14-2012, 06:31 PM
poor boomer,,,you never even won a super bowl neverming being a suoper bowl mvp and you want to bang on eazy? give me a break mr. sour grapes.

Cloud57
11-14-2012, 06:40 PM
If we don't fix this mess Dallas will come from behind and win the division, they have a better defense, better running game, and if Romo isn't turning the ball over can actually sustain drives and score TDs, something w'ere still struggling to do.

gfanblue
11-14-2012, 07:15 PM
He's probably right.

Sarcasman
11-14-2012, 07:19 PM

Based on the schedule? Absolutely not.

BlueSanta
11-14-2012, 07:36 PM
At this point nobody is an idiot for saying anything negative about this team.

Let me say this again.....

Over the last 3 weeks we are the worst defense in the league and 1 of the 3 worst offenses in the league. If we continue to play this way, we are not only not going to make the playoffs, we may not win another game.

Do I think that will happen? No. I have faith in our coaching to figure it out. But, I am also not going to pretend this team is better than it has been over the last few weeks.

Buddy333
11-14-2012, 07:43 PM
The thing that bothers me the most is that almost the entire team is playing bad. Last year they where waiting in the defense to get healthy and get better while the offense was clicking all year. This year they can't count on either side of the ball. Why all of a sudden is the entire team going to play better? There is probably 5-6 guys you can actually say are playing good football right now. That's sad.

BillTheGreek
11-14-2012, 07:47 PM

+2

Overdrive92
11-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Everyone stop moaning. Boomer's 100% right. If we continue to play like this, we're giftwrapping the division right to Tony Romo's doorstep.

Hall of Fame
11-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Everyone stop moaning. Boomer's 100% right. If we continue to play like this, we're giftwrapping the division right to Tony Romo's doorstep.

Only for Romo to be one and done in the playoffs again.

Cloud57
11-14-2012, 08:37 PM
The thing that bothers me the most is that almost the entire team is playing bad. Last year they where waiting in the defense to get healthy and get better while the offense was clicking all year. This year they can't count on either side of the ball. Why all of a sudden is the entire team going to play better? There is probably 5-6 guys you can actually say are playing good football right now. That's sad. +1

NYGabriel
11-14-2012, 09:05 PM
The thing that bothers me the most is that almost the entire team is playing bad. Last year they where waiting in the defense to get healthy and get better while the offense was clicking all year. This year they can't count on either side of the ball. Why all of a sudden is the entire team going to play better? There is probably 5-6 guys you can actually say are playing good football right now. That's sad.

True. The offense can't score in the red zone and the D can't stop the opposition from scoring in the red zone.

BParcells777
11-14-2012, 09:30 PM
I have been a Giants fan for a lot of years, some good ones and some very terrible ones, but this years version of the Giants has me baffled and can anyone tell me that they can see a playoff contender in this years team right now.

more like a high draft choice contender

Jtuck
11-14-2012, 09:34 PM

That's a tallllll order my man!!!!!!!! I sincerely hope You are right!

Jtuck
11-14-2012, 09:38 PM
I think it all ends up being on how Romo and his receiving crew communicate from here on out. As long as they play consistent and mistake free football, the Cowboys defense should be good enough to carry them far into the playoffs. Out of the 4 units (Cowboys and Giants), the Cowboys D has been the most impressive and consistent squad.

In particular their secondary! Their corners aren't clueless like ours!

Cloud57
11-14-2012, 09:40 PM
In particular their secondary! Their corners aren't clueless like ours! does that include our defensive coordinator?

Jtuck
11-14-2012, 09:42 PM
does that include our defensive coordinator?

Yeah, Him too!!!!!!

YATittle1962
11-14-2012, 10:40 PM
Why do you care what that ******bag says about NYG. He is a jet for life. No one here cares about what he says and neither should you? I have a bright idea for you. Don't listen to their show. You give them what they want by listening to them and bumping their takes.

he played for the Bengals for nearly a decade and took them to a Superbowl

he plays for the Jets for 3 seasons on the decline of his career never producing a winning record

...and he is a Jet for life?

erivera
11-14-2012, 11:52 PM
the cowboys beat the eagles. everybody other than the giants can beat them right now. why is everybody going crazy over this game? if they put together a good homestand here i understand ppl hyping them up.

miked1958
11-15-2012, 02:43 AM
The Giants won the Super Bowl last year and they where 9-7. They came very close to not even making the playoffs. How many magical 4th quarter come backs did they have last year? This year Eli is in a slump, something he was not in last year. Their schedule is brutal and they need to fix the entire team. From the little bit I have seen of Dallas they seem to be a solid team that turns the ball over to much. They fix that and they are a good team.boomer will have a different view after this weekend when Dallas reverts back to its ole self destructive ways and loses at home to the Browns with romo having 3 picks and 2 fumbles

miked1958
11-15-2012, 02:45 AM
he played for the Bengals for nearly a decade and took them to a Superbowlhe plays for the Jets for 3 seasons on the decline of his career never producing a winning record ...and he is a Jet for life?excuse me for asking but how many SB rings and SB MVPs did boomer wind up with in his stints with the bengals and jets? I don't recall lol

miked1958
11-15-2012, 02:48 AM
Can u say Choke ever time he got into a really big game in his career. Either he fell apart and didn't perform at the level people expected of him or he got injured. Either way the guy is a loser talking about a QB that has proven not once but twice that he can get up off the mat from adversity and lead his team to victory in the games that matter

Redeyejedi
11-15-2012, 08:44 AM
Which Giants arent making the playoffs The Giant team that played at SF or the Giant team that played the Bengals. Its hard to be completely confident with them. Every time things look good the bottom falls out. Every time things look bleak they turn it around. Only silver lining is even though they played poorly over the last 4 games the 2 they won were the right games to win. They look good in terms of tiebreakers

CowboysSuck
11-15-2012, 09:23 AM
We suck.

YATittle1962
11-15-2012, 10:49 AM
excuse me for asking but how many SB rings and SB MVPs did boomer wind up with in his stints with the bengals and jets? I don't recall lol

what in the world are you talking about?

I am responding to sharick88 calling Boomer a Jet for life

geez....feeling a bit protective of Eli are we?

JesseJames
11-15-2012, 10:51 AM
If we don't fix this mess Dallas will come from behind and win the division, they have a better defense, better running game, and if Romo isn't turning the ball over can actually sustain drives and score TDs, something w'ere still struggling to do.
none of us like to admit this but the Cowboys are playing a lot better football right now than we are, they have lost more games than us but they looked better doing it than we do. If we aren't careful and don't get this mess fixed the Cowboys will catch us and take the division

njg85m
11-15-2012, 10:51 AM

I agree that nothing is a lock. I just think it's insane that some people think boomers statement is so outlandish considering HOW we are playing currently and WHO we still have to play.

dezzzR
11-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Theyll still have a better record than his Jets....

GameTime
11-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Giants have to show me something first. Based on the last 4 weeks and their sched why would anyone think they win the div??
A fans perspective is different then an outsiders. IMO...I think they win 2 or 3 at most of the next 6. Unless they actually show up and play like the can and should.

rainierjef
11-15-2012, 12:47 PM
It all starts with greenbay. I want to see the tempo, play calling, and rythm they have against the packers. Even if it turns out to be a loss, if its a tough, hard nose, smash mouth game loss fine i have something to chew on till the next game; If its anything less, I don't see them coming back honestly.

G-MENBK
11-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Theyll still have a better record than his Jets....

Carton is the one who pulls for the Jets; Boomer pulls for the Bunguls.

Honestly, I don't see what's wrong with what Boomer has said. The Giants have been playing like ****, the Cowboys have an easier schedule compared to the Giants...the Giants know how to prove the naysayers wrong: win. But that means a lot of people need to pull their heads out of their collective asses, start playing with intensity and want to win.

Dwinsballgames
11-15-2012, 02:32 PM
Boomer knows about as much about who's going to win the NFC east as anyone on here. NOTHING. he is welcome to his opinion, but like everyone else he has been dead wrong before.

Morehead State
11-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Boomer knows about as much about who's going to win the NFC east as anyone on here. NOTHING. he is welcome to his opinion, but like everyone else he has been dead wrong before.
Those who think the Giants will win the division are in the minority.
Its hard to make a case for us seeing the way we played the last 4 weeks. Quite honestly the only things we have going for us is that we are up by 1/1/2 games and the Cowboys could very well self destruct.
So we could win the division at 8-8. If we have to go 9-7 it might be very difficult.

Hall of Fame
11-15-2012, 02:50 PM
Those who think the Giants will win the division are in the minority.
Its hard to make a case for us seeing the way we played the last 4 weeks. Quite honestly the only things we have going for us is that we are up by 1/1/2 games and the Cowboys could very well self destruct.
So we could win the division at 8-8. If we have to go 9-7 it might be very difficult.

+1

sharick88
11-15-2012, 04:42 PM
none of us like to admit this but the Cowboys are playing a lot better football right now than we are, they have lost more games than us but they looked better doing it than we do. If we aren't careful and don't get this mess fixed the Cowboys will catch us and take the division

A lot better football? Really? Did you see their game against the eagles?

sharick88
11-15-2012, 04:43 PM

The difference between us and him is that he actually gets paid for being a dumb ***

miked1958
11-15-2012, 06:43 PM
what in the world are you talking about?I am responding to sharick88 calling Boomer a Jet for life geez....feeling a bit protective of Eli are we?sorry YA. The post should have been directed to the thread and not a quote off of your post. It was meant in general to the overall message of the thread and more at Bloomers comments then anything else