PDA

View Full Version : Will the Real NY Giants Please Stand Up

Bigbluereckingcrew
12-20-2011, 01:23 PM
Fans have had enough of this jekyll/hyde thing. To all the players who decide which games to show-up at and which to take off, play flat and than joke with the other teams players after the game about which Lamborghini you bought.....realize that the NFL stand for Not For Long.

Going on Twitter and defending your pathetic effort will not get you a contract extension and more importantly, impact the way the game remembers you. See, pay check players come and go, they have no staying power and eventually end-up on celebrity rehab or being Donald Trump's *****. The money runs dry and you are soon forgotten by the people who really count, the fans.

like them or hate them....Guys like Mark Bravado, Phil Sims, Amani Toomer, Carl Banks, Lawrence Taylor, Michael Strahan showed up every week and regardless of the post-NFL career "activities" these guys will never fall out of favor as NFL greats in the eyes of Giants Fans. They will always have a home here with the NY faithful and be remembered long after all the noise has quieted and the cameras have stopped Rolleing.

So, in closing current Giants players, make up your minds, either suck and get cut or play some GODDAMN FOOTBALL!!!!

NorwoodBlue
12-20-2011, 01:46 PM
It's got to be frustrating for guys like JPP, Boley, Kiwi, Canty and now Blackburn to see other guys on the defense put forth no effort whatsoever while they're playing their butts off.

So far this season Tuck and Osi been detriments to this team, and the secondary, particularly Rolle , have been an embarassment. Osi deosn't surprise me, he's never been anything but a designated pass rusher, and his attitude this year sucks; but Tuck looks like the new Albert Haynesworth. He is injured all the time, and even when he's playing he looks like he has no desire to be on the field. He had a great beginning to his career; but he's dropped off a ton in the last three years. I really don't see him coming back next year the way he is right now. Rolle should be cut immediately; but it'll never happen. If they get a new coach at the end of the year, it'll be interesting to see what happens with these three guys. I'm betting Osi is gone and Rolle right behind him. Tuck might get invited back; but he has to show he can stay healthy and wants to be there. He's the one that I really feel sad about. He was such a force in the Super Bowl win over New England.

threenout
12-20-2011, 02:17 PM
the problem is the real NY Giants have stood up and they are an embarrassment.

JMFP2
12-20-2011, 02:22 PM
I blame free agency for alot of this.

Today's athletes are just a bunch of mercenaries. Not all of them, but enough to damage team chemistry.

In the Giants case, free agency has been an epic fail.

JMFP2
12-20-2011, 02:26 PM
It's got to be frustrating for guys like JPP, Boley, Kiwi, Canty and now Blackburn to see other guys on the defense put forth no effort whatsoever while they're playing their butts off.*

So far this season Tuck and Osi been detriments to this team, and the secondary, particularly Rolle , have been an embarassment.* Osi deosn't surprise me, he's never been anything but a designated pass rusher, and his attitude this year sucks; but Tuck looks like the new Albert Haynesworth.* He is injured all the time, and even when he's playing he looks like he has no desire to be on the field.* He had a great beginning to his career; but he's dropped off a ton in the last three years.* I really don't see him coming back next year the way he is right now.*** Rolle should be cut immediately; but it'll never happen.* If they get a new coach at the end of the year, it'll be interesting to see what happens with these three guys.* I'm betting Osi is gone and Rolle right behind him.* Tuck might get invited back; but he has to show he can stay healthy and wants to be there.* He's the one that I really feel sad about. He was such a force in the Super Bowl win over New England.

I respect Tuck....he has nothing in common with Haynesworth except his physical talent.

Haynesworth was (is) a slacker. Tuck is just banged up.

When Tuck is healthy, he is a monster....maybe that's why he can't stay healthy, because he pushes himself insanely hard when he's feeling good. Part of what makes him so dominant is what might be breaking him down.

It pains me to say this, but I think the best course of action is to try to trade Tuck in the offseason, after he gets healthy again, and before he injures himself again.

There are a ton of teams that would overpay for a healthy, pro-bowl pass rusher. The Giants could use him to trade up in the draft, and/or get additional picks, etc.

As far as Osi goes.....I don't know if he's nursing an injury or not, but this dude spends 95% of the season being unhappy. I don't see him in the Giants future.

Bigbluereckingcrew
12-20-2011, 03:00 PM
It's got to be frustrating for guys like JPP, Boley, Kiwi, Canty and now Blackburn to see other guys on the defense put forth no effort whatsoever while they're playing their butts off.*

It is amazing to watch, most of the players that are half-assing it won't be in the league in 5 years, you would think they would realize that. I hope that the players who are pressing themselves realize the fans appreciate that and keep on keeping-on. I remember some of those 4-12 seasons where to only reason to watch was Strahan, but I appreciated his efforts and now he has the respect of the giantís fans for life.

The last poster identified FA as a culprit, he may not be far from the truth. I do however think Rookie FA are some of the most passionate players I have ever seen. Most don't have as much talent as draftees but man are they hard to bring down if they get their hands on the ball. Now if Cruz can just cut-out the drops, he could potentially be the best Rookie FA ever...

Robert21156
12-20-2011, 08:07 PM
Sadly you're right. The REAL Giants have stood up and "they are who we thought they were" at the beginning of the season. We were only hoping to be a good team and the 6-2 start fooled us again.

bELIeve10
12-21-2011, 02:48 AM
Fans have had enough of this jekyll/hyde thing. To all the players who decide which games to show-up at and which to take off, play flat and than joke with the other teams players after the game about which Lamborghini you bought.....realize that the NFL stand for Not For Long.

Going on Twitter and defending your pathetic effort will not get you a contract extension and more importantly, impact the way the game remembers you. See, pay check players come and go, they have no staying power and eventually end-up on celebrity rehab or being Donald Trump's *****. The money runs dry and you are soon forgotten by the people who really count, the fans.

like them or hate them....Guys like Mark Bravado, Phil Sims, Amani Toomer, Carl Banks, Lawrence Taylor, Michael Strahan showed up every week and regardless of the post-NFL career "activities" these guys will never fall out of favor as NFL greats in the eyes of Giants Fans. They will always have a home here with the NY faithful and be remembered long after all the noise has quieted and the cameras have stopped Rolleing.

So, in closing current Giants players, make up your minds, either suck and get cut or play some GODDAMN FOOTBALL!!!!

I couldn't agree with you more. Especially with your 'either suck and get cut or play some GODDAMN FOOTBALL!!!!" thing.

And I totally read the title in Eminem's voice in my head.

Manning2Niks
12-21-2011, 03:28 AM
Oh, they stood up alright. Right after they peed sitting down. Because they lack testies. They are soft and spineless. Except JPP, Kiwi, and Eli. I'll even throw Bradshaw in. He's been giving his all despite a broken foot and a poor excuse for an o-line. Man, imagine if we had a linebacker with the motor and skill level of JPP? That'd be sick.