PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Stills

Jppallday
11-18-2012, 04:38 AM
Coming from an Oklahoma fan, Kenny Stills is going to be a pod WR on this league. Even though we just drafted Reuben Randle in the 2nd round I think we should draft Kenny Stills. The more weapons for Eli the better

penguinfarmer
11-18-2012, 07:53 AM
Well, I would still consider WR depth a need if Hixon and Barden don't return.

Jppallday
11-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Well, I would still consider WR depth a need if Hixon and Barden don't return.

The only thing is if we take Stills it's gonna be in rd1 or 2. So he is going to be a high pick

teaneck
11-21-2012, 01:39 PM
IFF (if and only if) KS is avaliable after the first two rounds then yes, we take him. we still have RR, & DD, there are still a few recievers that had great preseasons that are not on our PS, I can't remember one of their names right now but he had a one handed TD catch in a presseason game that was pretty slick. KS would end up being a short term solution, in the first two rounds we absolutely need an offensive lineman and a linebacker. If we did take KS in the first or second, assuming he had a good rookie year we would have to pay him more down the road and probably have to let him go, we should focus on HN, VC, DD, RR, and whoever our future 5th will be assuming RB and DH leave next year, oh and assuming we cut JJ.

penguinfarmer
11-22-2012, 01:18 PM
Giants no longer have Isaiah Stanback who was a journeyman at best. He's been in the league long enough that I doubt he's eligible for practice squad. And David Douglas was just signed off the PS by TB. Stills is not a day 1 pick.

Jppallday
11-23-2012, 02:46 AM
IFF (if and only if) KS is avaliable after the first two rounds then yes, we take him. we still have RR, & DD, there are still a few recievers that had great preseasons that are not on our PS, I can't remember one of their names right now but he had a one handed TD catch in a presseason game that was pretty slick. KS would end up being a short term solution, in the first two rounds we absolutely need an offensive lineman and a linebacker. If we did take KS in the first or second, assuming he had a good rookie year we would have to pay him more down the road and probably have to let him go, we should focus on HN, VC, DD, RR, and whoever our future 5th will be assuming RB and DH leave next year, oh and assuming we cut JJ.

I totally understand what you're saying and just made this thread because I am obviously an OU fan. I also agree with your analysis of our needs for the future. The only thing that I would disagree with is I think we need another corner more than we need a linebacker. Now a days you need at least 3 good corners if you plan on being competitive in the NFL. But I agree CB, OL, LB (not in that order) are our 3 biggest needs for the future.

teaneck
12-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Stills could be a value player. His impact, gamewise and salary cap wise depends on when he gets drafted. I think hes a 2nd-3rd rounder