PDA

View Full Version : I am beginning to think this team is Cursed

TroyArcher
12-20-2011, 02:24 PM
The number of injuries this team encounters each week is getting to be a bit ridiculous.Maybe a curse for sharing a stadium or the Plaxico curse? Of course as they prepare for the Jets who cover TE's like our secondary covers WR's and Ballard is out. I see now that Osi wont be coming back so we will have one pass rusher again(JPP) who will be double and triple teamed. This is not looking good.

dre6922
12-20-2011, 02:37 PM
No they are not cursed. They are just a bunch of high paid losers who display zero effort. I have been a Giant fan since 1967 and suffered through the 70's when the team lost most games. But during that time they lost because of a lack of talent not lack of effort like today's team which has talent but shows no effort or heart... They are a disgrace to the uniform, the loyal fans and all of NY

TroyArcher
12-20-2011, 03:49 PM
No they are not cursed. They are just a bunch of high paid losers who display zero effort. I have been a Giant fan since 1967 and suffered through the 70's when the team lost most games. But during that time they lost because of a lack of talent not lack of effort like today's team which has talent but shows no effort or heart... They are a disgrace to the uniform, the loyal fans and all of NY</P>

The 70's teams while bad did have a much better defense than this group. </P>

GMENAGAIN
12-20-2011, 04:14 PM
No they are not cursed. They are just a bunch of high paid losers who display zero effort. I have been a Giant fan since 1967 and suffered through the 70's when the team lost most games. But during that time they lost because of a lack of talent not lack of effort like today's team which has talent but shows no effort or heart... They are a disgrace to the uniform, the loyal fans and all of NY</P>

</P>

If we are cursed because we havehad to endure the horror of not winning a SB since 2007, what are the Lions,the Cardinals, the Chargers,etc.?</P>

JMFP2
12-20-2011, 04:17 PM
I think I saw this same sort of thing on an episode of the Brady Bunch.

I think it was a cursed Tiki Doll.

All we need to do is get Harooni and Vincent Price in a cave together, and then we can break this hex.

nihan87
12-20-2011, 04:18 PM
Sigh...we're not cursed...maybe this new stadium is, but this team is not. Lack of passion and execution on defense. Aside from Sunday, Eli has been great this year. KG has some awful games, but every once in awhile calls a good game. Perry can't get his D on the same page and Tuck is just in an awful funk this year. </P>

</P>

Cursed, no. Lackluster,team? Yes. </P>

Mr Excitement
12-20-2011, 04:18 PM
No they are not cursed. They are just a bunch of high paid losers who display zero effort. I have been a Giant fan since 1967 and suffered through the 70's when the team lost most games. But during that time they lost because of a lack of talent not lack of effort like today's team which has talent but shows no effort or heart... They are a disgrace to the uniform, the loyal fans and all of NY</p>

The 70's teams while bad did have a much better defense than this group. </p>

Amen to that Brother!

barran21
12-20-2011, 04:25 PM
No they are not cursed. They are just a bunch of high paid losers who display zero effort. I have been a Giant fan since 1967 and suffered through the 70's when the team lost most games. But during that time they lost because of a lack of talent not lack of effort like today's team which has talent but shows no effort or heart... They are a disgrace to the uniform, the loyal fans and all of NY</p>

The 70's teams while bad did have a much better defense than this group. </p>

Different era, different game, back then you were allowed to piggy back on the WR, alter his route after 5 yards, and damn near do whatever you want, today's game is tailored to the OFFENSE...

TuckYou
12-20-2011, 06:32 PM
I heard LT say if he played today, he would of never made it through a full season. Not because of injury, but because of him being suspended repeatedly for hits and straight being mean. Plus, the tougher drug testing...lol.

Firenugget
12-20-2011, 06:54 PM
I heard LT say if he played today, he would of never made it through a full season. Not because of injury, but because of him being suspended repeatedly for hits and straight being mean. Plus, the tougher drug testing...lol.

And underage hookers, etc...yeah...

JJC7301
12-20-2011, 10:51 PM
Cursed? We've been to 4 super bowls since '87 and won 3 of them. We were the underdogs in 2 of those victories, with one of them meaning an 18-1 record for one of the best teams (at least best offenses) to have ever played the game. Another SB victory involving a defensive plan that is in the Football Hall of Fame. We've made our luck, good and bad, and most of it has been good. Besides, luck truly is the residue of design and we've designed our teams well over the past 30 years for the most part. They have been a disappointment over the past few years, but we've got the talent -- it's the leadership and heart that I question most of all.

shotcalla39
12-20-2011, 11:05 PM
The number of injuries this team encounters each week is getting to be a bit ridiculous.*Maybe a curse for sharing a stadium or the Plaxico curse?* Of course as they prepare for the Jets who cover TE's like our secondary covers WR's and Ballard is out.* I see now that Osi wont be coming back so we will have one pass rusher again(JPP) who will be double and triple teamed.* This is not looking good.*

Teams like the Bengals and the Bills then y can start throwing that word around... Just think SB 25 and 42

TroyArcher
12-21-2011, 12:52 PM

</P>

If we are cursed because we havehad to endure the horror of not winning a SB since 2007, what are the Lions,the Cardinals, the Chargers,etc.?</P>

</P>

</P>

I am speaking of the events since the SB. I have no problem with the success of the Giants through the years (well maybe not the late 60's and70's)but the past few years have been brutal.</P>

LT_Hits
12-21-2011, 01:16 PM
No they are not cursed. They are just a bunch of high paid losers who display zero effort. I have been a Giant fan since 1967 and suffered through the 70's when the team lost most games. But during that time they lost because of a lack of talent not lack of effort like today's team which has talent but shows no effort or heart... They are a disgrace to the uniform, the loyal fans and all of NYWell said, Dre.

I heard alot of people calling for the coach's head and it maybe true, but its a darn shame that this coach has to add effort and heart to his game plan. If stepping up to the Redskins, a div foe who already beat us and would love to be the ones who killed our play-off hopes, does not get you motivated to play your best ball, then forget it. This team is not cursed, they just need to get cursed out from the fans. And like Dre, who's been around since '67, we have seen all of the highs and lows. but I have never seen a group who just does not come to play, especially with all this "alleged" talent.

jomo
12-21-2011, 01:16 PM

The 70's teams while bad did have a much better defense than this group.* </P>No question that those teams had much less star power but played with passion and intensity. They were also much more effective in stopping the other teams.

GMENAGAIN
12-22-2011, 10:24 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

I am speaking of the events since the SB. I have no problem with the success of the Giants through the years (well maybe not the late 60's and70's)but the past few years have been brutal.</P>

</P>

You mean the past few years of 12-4, 8-8 and 10-6? Lots of teams around the NFL would kill for "brutal" years like that.</P>

</P>

Providence
12-22-2011, 10:41 AM

The 70's teams while bad did have a much better defense than this group.* </P>

</P>

If we are cursed because we have*had to endure the horror of not winning a SB since 2007, what are the Lions,*the Cardinals, the Chargers,*etc.?</P>

+1. I came here to say this exact thing.

Meanhothead
12-22-2011, 10:48 AM

The 70's teams while bad did have a much better defense than this group.* </P>

</P>

If we are cursed because we have*had to endure the horror of not winning a SB since 2007, what are the Lions,*the Cardinals, the Chargers,*etc.?</P>

</P>

*</P>

I am speaking of the events since the SB.* I have no problem with the success of the Giants through the years (well maybe not the late 60's and*70's)*but the past few years have been brutal.</P>

</P>

You mean the past few years of 12-4, 8-8 and 10-6?* Lots of teams around the NFL would kill for "brutal" years like that.</P>

*</P>

+1

Cowboys Fan From Asia
12-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Seriously, substitute "Patriots" for "Giants" and you would see how silly it is to claim that the Giants have been a "cursed" team.

The Patriots haven't won a Super Bowl since 2004.

The Patriots haven't won a playoff game since the 2007 season.

The Patriots lost Tom Brady to a major knee injury at the very onset of the 2008 season.

Yet few would ever claim that the Patriots are by any measure a "cursed" team.

barran21
12-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Seriously, substitute "Patriots" for "Giants" and you would see how silly it is to claim that the Giants have been a "cursed" team.

The Patriots lost Tom Brady to a major knee injury at the very onset of the 2008 season.

Giants have had 2 healthy seasons under TC out of 8 seasons, one season we won the SB and the other number seed in the NFC, Plax shot himself and the team looked like **** offensively after that, we had 6 years of massive injuries.....I don't think any team can compare to those 6 years, I remember the first season under TC we put like 19 players on IR.

TroyArcher
12-22-2011, 12:33 PM

</P>

Why are you on the Giants forum? You Cowboy fans are a real bunch of losers.</P>

TroyArcher
12-22-2011, 12:36 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

You mean the past few years of 12-4, 8-8 and 10-6? Lots of teams around the NFL would kill for "brutal" years like that.</P>

</P>

</P>

How many playoff games during that period? The biggest choke job ever against the Eagles last year.</P>

burier
12-22-2011, 12:44 PM
We're cursed with lazy guttless players.

GMENAGAIN
12-22-2011, 02:16 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

How many playoff games during that period? The biggest choke job ever against the Eagles last year.</P>

</P>

How many playoff games have the Pats won during that same period? Are they "cursed" too?</P>

Stop being a spoiled crybaby.</P>