PDA

View Full Version : If Beckum Misses Another Game . . . .

GMENAGAIN
12-20-2011, 03:32 PM
. . . . due to a "chest injury", I do not ever want to see this guy in aGiants uniform again.</P>

Ballard is out and it's time for this turd to step up or GTFO. </P>

YATittle1962
12-20-2011, 03:33 PM
*. . . . due to a "chest injury", I do not ever want to see this guy in a*Giants uniform again.</P>

Ballard is out and it's time for this turd to step up or GTFO.* *</P>

have to agree

although I could see him flourishing in another system

GMENAGAIN
12-20-2011, 03:39 PM
. . . . due to a "chest injury", I do not ever want to see this guy in aGiants uniform again.</P>

have to agree although I could see him flourishing in another system</P>

When TC talked about Beckum's injury last week, you could tell that he was frustrated that Beckum was not practicing. He had to be livid when Beckum wasn't able to play in the game.</P>

I also seem to recall TC being similarly frustrated with Beckum's injuries during training camp. </P>

If he misses this week too,TC's head will explode. </P>

Kruunch
12-20-2011, 03:42 PM
*. . . . due to a "chest injury", I do not ever want to see this guy in a*Giants uniform again.</P>

have to agree

What ... a system where he's not thrown to at all and he's not expected to block?

Give me the Boss' and Ballards of the world any day.

He's sort of like Jimmy Graham ... except without all those gaudy stats to get in his way.

YATittle1962
12-20-2011, 03:53 PM

have to agree

What ... a system where he's not thrown to at all and he's not expected to block?

He's sort of like Jimmy Graham ... except without all those gaudy stats to get in his way.

I dont even know what yr talking about

I said Beckum could flourish in a system unlike the Giants

Kruunch
12-20-2011, 03:54 PM

have to agree

I dont even know what yr talking about

I said Beckum could flourish in a system unlike the Giants

I was joking ... I don't think he would flourish anywhere. He's too nancy for football (imo).

giantsforce
12-20-2011, 03:57 PM

Ballard is out and it's time for this turd to step up or GTFO. </P>Beckum is proving to be another Sinorice Moss. Let's see how long we will be keep him toocontributing nothing butsalary cap.

Kruunch
12-20-2011, 04:13 PM

Ballard is out and it's time for this turd to step up or GTFO.* *</P>Beckum is proving to be another Sinorice Moss. Let's see how long we will be keep him too*contributing nothing but*salary cap.

I think Barden might have something to say about that .... from the sidelines of course.

greenca190
12-20-2011, 04:16 PM

Read a report already saying he's not practicing this week due to a yeast infection in his vagina.

BlueJayC
12-20-2011, 04:24 PM
"Beckum is Beckum," was Coughlin's reponse earlier in the year when asked about his injuries.....may be my favorite TC quote of all-time.

Gmen2005
12-20-2011, 04:25 PM
If for some reason the giants do miss the playoffs and get a whole new coaching staff, I'd give him one more year. I think with a new offensive coordinator he could actually flourish. We'll see though.

B-Red22
12-20-2011, 04:25 PM

Ballard is out and it's time for this turd to step up or GTFO.* *</P>Beckum is proving to be another Sinorice Moss. Let's see how long we will be keep him too*contributing nothing but*salary cap.

I think Barden might have something to say about that .... from the sidelines of course.
Barden has actually made some good catches this year when given the chance, he obviously isn't what all of us expected him to be though

Kruunch
12-20-2011, 04:36 PM

Barden has actually made some good catches this year when given the chance, he obviously isn't what all of us expected him to be though

I think the "knee-jerk from losing Plax and thus trying to replace Plax" experiment is officially over.

We have quality receivers. Barden ain't one of em.

He should convert to a tight end if he can go from here to there without winding up on the injury report (oh wait ... we have one of those already).

fletch842
12-20-2011, 05:37 PM

I think the "knee-jerk from losing Plax and thus trying to replace Plax" experiment is officially over.

We have quality receivers. Barden ain't one of em.

He should convert to a tight end if he can go from here to there without winding up on the injury report (oh wait ... we have one of those already).
I think Barden has looked ok in his limited opportunities this season. Will he be replacing NIcks, Manningham, or Cruz, no, but he's contributed a bit in each of the last few weeks.

JMFP2
12-20-2011, 05:46 PM
Reese show knows how to pick those Iron Men.

burier
12-20-2011, 05:48 PM

Read a report already saying he's not practicing this week due to a yeast infection in his vagina.

lol

simms56
12-20-2011, 07:26 PM
At some point the In Reese We Trust mantra rings hollow. Best available athlete with potential seems to mean Little Potential and Can't Stay on the Field. Position of need character guy seems to mean too slow and not athletic enough to be of much consequence. The Giants seem to have 25-35 players who are at best barely worthy of being on an NFL roster. This falls at least as much on Reese as TC/coordinators to me. The injury rash has been ridiculous, but Reese has also whiffed on quite a few picks, which has destroyed depth.

Drez
12-20-2011, 08:15 PM
"Beckum is Beckum," was Coughlin's reponse earlier in the year when asked about his injuries.....may be my favorite TC quote of all-time.</P>

I don't know about that... "One play JJ," was a pretty good one, too, lol.</P>

TuckYou
12-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Oh come on guys, he is having a career year!

BallinNY
12-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Well we use a traditional TE, Gilbride isn't very inventive. If we ran a more open system, Beckum could be used as a Joker (TE out wide) as we did with Shockey against Roy Williams(safety) in earlier days.

That said, I am very underwhelmed with him. He just doesn't show that he wants it. He could've taken this job away from Boss last year or the year before when he got injured, but instead he let guys like Ballard and Pascoe step right infront of him. I hope that he had a wakeup call with Ballard emerging, and recognizes that he is going to get cut if he doesn't produce.

BlueSanta
12-20-2011, 09:48 PM
. . . . due to a "chest injury", I do not ever want to see this guy in aGiants uniform again.</p>

Ballard is out and it's time for this turd to step up or GTFO. </p>

That chest injury is from his 1 TD vs GB.

He hasnt run that much since college and his lungs almost gave out. He needs time to recover.

jomo
12-20-2011, 09:54 PM

Ballard is out and it's time for this turd to step up or GTFO. </P>If he misses another game it will be like most of his NFL career. Wouldn't surprise me. Don't you see the irony in the undefined "chest injury'? Think "no heart"!

RoanokeFan
12-20-2011, 09:58 PM
. . . . due to a "chest injury", I do not ever want to see this guy in aGiants uniform again.</p>

Ballard is out and it's time for this turd to step up or GTFO. </p>

have to agree

Would that be one of the subway systems? [;)]

RoanokeFan
12-20-2011, 10:01 PM

Ballard is out and it's time for this turd to step up or GTFO. </p>If he misses another game it will be like most of his NFL career. Wouldn't surprise me. Don't you see the irony in the undefined "chest injury'? Think "no heart"!

I still remember TC, when asked earlier in the season, about Beckum's status. He said "Beckum is Beckum." I thought then TC wasn't buying his "injury" and it appears with good reason.

jomo
12-20-2011, 10:12 PM

Ballard is out and it's time for this turd to step up or GTFO. </P>If he misses another game it will be like most of his NFL career. Wouldn't surprise me. Don't you see the irony in the undefined "chest injury'? Think "no heart"!

I still remember TC, when asked earlier in the season, about Beckum's status. He said "Beckum is Beckum." I thought then TC wasn't buying his "injury" and it appears with good reason.
If he has a bruised sternum they would call it that. I remember Coughlin's saying that. For a HC that usually reserves criticism in public, it was a telling statement.

GMENAGAIN
12-20-2011, 10:56 PM

That chest injury is from his 1 TD vs GB.

He hasnt run that much since college and his lungs almost gave out. He needs time to recover.
</P>

lol</P>

JJC7301
12-20-2011, 11:19 PM
I'm already done with Becks whether he misses another game or not.

egyptian420
12-20-2011, 11:22 PM
So what happens if Ballard, Pascoe, and Beckum can't go? Who gets the start?

JJC7301
12-20-2011, 11:28 PM

Use Jacobs -- he's big enough. Or someone off the practice squad. To me it doesn't matter because the Giants are not winning the next 2 games to get into the playoffs.

RoanokeFan
12-20-2011, 11:41 PM

JPP, who else?

RoanokeFan
12-20-2011, 11:43 PM

JPP, who else?

BlueJayC
12-21-2011, 10:01 AM
"Beckum is Beckum," was Coughlin's reponse earlier in the year when asked about his injuries.....may be my favorite TC quote of all-time.</P>

I don't know about that... "One play JJ," was a pretty good one, too, lol.</P>

</P>

Hahaha....that was a good one too.....</P>

Dwinsballgames
12-21-2011, 10:09 AM
I bet Pascoe will play. He's a tough dude... he's just not that good.

threenout
12-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Beckum is so gone next year. Giants should stay away of this type (tweener) player. It never pans out and is just a waste of a draft pick. Please syar away from these "smurf" types. Just another waste, at least the ones we draft