PDA

View Full Version : Don't Talk About The Giants Being Lucky After This Atrocity Of Cowgirl/Browns

bigblue58
11-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Today I've moved a step closer to believeing that Jerry Jones has NFL Officials in his pocket!
That was a catch and a fumble .....how in the fk can Dierdorph say it wasnt close to a catch and the officials rule it NOT A CATCH when he caught it.... had the ball under control and took two full steps before it was jarred loose??" In what alternate universe is that NOT the definition of a caught ball???????
Then they rule Miles Austin's shoestring grab WAS a catch when replay showed he had less control of the ball to the ground than the play that was ruled a no catch.
That should have been a fumble recovery for the Browns......period...and the g'damned Cowgirls luck out again!

BMW
11-18-2012, 06:02 PM
That was the luckiest game ever, the cowboys should of lost 100 times in that game.

bigblue58
11-18-2012, 06:06 PM
That was the luckiest game ever, the cowboys should of lost 100 times in that game.

Absolutely ! Its a damned f'kin joke how many breaks those a-holes get

Rusty192
11-18-2012, 06:12 PM
The first call was bad. The second call you will win every time: insufficient evidence to the contrary.

but yeah it looked like he fumbled for sure. So what do you do now? run with the ball bobbling in your hands the whole time so you technically cant ever fumble because of lack of "possession"? That rule kinda annoys me tbh

Sarcasman
11-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Today I've moved a step closer to believeing that Jerry Jones has NFL Officials in his pocket!
That was a catch and a fumble .....how in the fk can Dierdorph say it wasnt close to a catch and the officials rule it NOT A CATCH when he caught it.... had the ball under control and took two full steps before it was jarred loose??" In what alternate universe is that NOT the definition of a caught ball???????
Then they rule Miles Austin's shoestring grab WAS a catch when replay showed he had less control of the ball to the ground than the play that was ruled a no catch.
That should have been a fumble recovery for the Browns......period...and the g'damned Cowgirls luck out again!

I don't think it requires that much luck - despite some curios calls - to beat the Browns.

Ntegrase96
11-18-2012, 06:29 PM
I think the call on the field was right if we're going by awful NFL rules, but in my book that's a catch and fumble.

Still, that was a very ugly game. Both teams played ugly and I don't think you can call either lucky.

Rusty192
11-18-2012, 06:36 PM
I think the call on the field was right if we're going by awful NFL rules, .Sadly true lol

rEaS
11-18-2012, 06:50 PM
how about that defenseless receiver call against the browns on the game tying field goal drive the cowboys had.. he got hit by 2 shoulders.. no helmets.. the ball got there before.. i mean what do you have to do if you're a defender.. not try to tackle him or hit him at all until you're sure he has the ball..

most of the bull**** calls went against the browns.. cowboys should have lost this one... LUCKY MOFOS!!

SlyFoxx
11-18-2012, 07:45 PM
http://t4toby.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/whambulance.jpg

ShakeandBake
11-18-2012, 07:49 PM
This thanksgiving all dallas fans should give thanks to the refs in today's game for gifting them this win

SlyFoxx
11-18-2012, 07:51 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tiLK6haE3CY/Tf_7tMdPLwI/AAAAAAAAAHY/JAf4F-VdPig/s640/rose+colored+glasses+2.jpg

GMENAGAIN
11-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Game should have been over when Romo grounded the ball before the game tying FG that took the game to OT.

gmen0820
11-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Yeah because that horse collar on Cribbs was a great call; I'm positive that Jerry paid the refs for that too!

TextureDj
11-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Yeah because that horse collar on Cribbs was a great call; I'm positive that Jerry paid the refs for that too!

That was the right call.

He grabbed the jersey from behind pulling the runners top half backwards, that is a horse collar tackle. Just because he let go and shifted his grip to the dreds after the runners weight had shifted doesnt absolve him of the penalty.

If not for the horsecollar grab he doesnt get hold of the hair. Its like saying you can hold a DE as long as you release and block clean after you get his body turned.

SlyFoxx
11-18-2012, 09:01 PM

Ntegrase96
11-18-2012, 10:09 PM
Game should have been over when Romo grounded the ball before the game tying FG that took the game to OT.

I think for that to be the case it would have had to be intentional...

GMENAGAIN
11-18-2012, 10:17 PM
I think for that to be the case it would have had to be intentional...

It was . . . he threw it right into the ground when he was still in the pocket because no one was open. If the Cowboys had lost the game on that play, Cowboy nation would have exploded on Romo!!!

GMENAGAIN
11-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Eh, wasn't funny the first time . . . .

Ntegrase96
11-18-2012, 10:25 PM
It was . . . he threw it right into the ground when he was still in the pocket because no one was open. If the Cowboys had lost the game on that play, Cowboy nation would have exploded on Romo!!!

You really think so? I respect your opinion because you're pretty objective, but to me it looks like Romo pumped and tried to bring the ball back in, but it slipped awkwardly out of his hand. I only say this because it just seemed to flutter awkwardly to the ground. On top of that he wasn't being pressured, which is also another requirement for their to be intentional grounding-- imminent pressure.

Ntegrase96
11-18-2012, 10:27 PM

Or when they blew the play dead, citing Dez forward progress being stopped. Unless the audio is off (which it could be), Dez was still moving forward when the refs blew the whistle... they call the play correctly, Dallas scores six.

GMENAGAIN
11-18-2012, 10:28 PM
You really think so? I respect your opinion because you're pretty objective, but to me it looks like Romo pumped and tried to bring the ball back in, but it slipped awkwardly out of his hand. I only say this because it just seemed to flutter awkwardly to the ground. On top of that he wasn't being pressured, which is also another requirement for their to be intentional grounding-- imminent pressure.

You might be right . . . . obviously that's what the officials thought. Maybe I just wanted that Browns win too bad!

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-18-2012, 10:29 PM
This was an atrocious day for officiating at this game. The Browns got some very bad calls against them, the worst was the defensless reciever call, 2 guys hitting him legally and still a flag UGH!

Sarcasman
11-18-2012, 10:30 PM
That was the right call.

He grabbed the jersey from behind pulling the runners top half backwards, that is a horse collar tackle. Just because he let go and shifted his grip to the dreds after the runners weight had shifted doesnt absolve him of the penalty.

If not for the horsecollar grab he doesnt get hold of the hair. Its like saying you can hold a DE as long as you release and block clean after you get his body turned.

I thought he had all hair the whole time and I didn't think it was a horse collar.

There were some curious calls but that one seemed like a gift to the Browns.

BillTheGreek
11-19-2012, 08:52 AM
Dallas is playing with 12 Men (Ref's) not Luck, but Fact !

bigblue58
11-19-2012, 09:11 AM
I think the call on the field was right if we're going by awful NFL rules, but in my book that's a catch and fumble.

Still, that was a very ugly game. Both teams played ugly and I don't think you can call either lucky.

I'm talking about "lucky" in the sense that if that had been the Browns, they would have ruled it a catch and fumble and would have awarded possession to the Cowgirls!
But hell yes that was an ugly game that the Browns totally should have had but instead did more to get the Cowgirls in winning FG range than the Cowgirls did themselves.
But GOD how I wanted them to lose with the Philthy having spit the bit earlier would have given the Giants some much needed wiggle room in the division.

Flip Empty
11-19-2012, 09:25 AM
The Browns fight hard every game yet they rarely win. Must be frustrating being a fan.

ProfessorCrue
11-19-2012, 09:11 PM
lol, it sounds like to me in here that alot of disgruntled giants fans are starting to get worried bout Dallas. jerry owns a ref or two in his pocket? lolololol.....pure desperation vibes on yalls part

Miles Austin catch-sorry but this was NOT a catch. if you watch the ball in his hands, he clearly does NOT have full posession of the ball. he juggles it in his hands as he brings it into his body and if you people cannot see that, then i suggest you get some glasses.

Parademon
11-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Or when they blew the play dead, citing Dez forward progress being stopped. Unless the audio is off (which it could be), Dez was still moving forward when the refs blew the whistle... they call the play correctly, Dallas scores six.

Yeah & if he would have fumbled the ball you would have cried that his forward progress was stopped! Can't have it both ways playa. And the Cowboy did grab the horse collar, then his hand slipped down & grabbed a handfull of dreds! Replay clearly showed that. Miles also fumbled as well. It's all good though, Browns blew a 13-0 & 13-3 4th qt lead & didn't deserve to win that game.

Will say that if the Boys play vs the Skins like they did vs the Browns, it will be a blowout win for the Skins.

Ntegrase96
11-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Yeah & if he would have fumbled the ball you would have cried that his forward progress was stopped! Can't have it both ways playa. And the Cowboy did grab the horse collar, then his hand slipped down & grabbed a handfull of dreds! Replay clearly showed that. Miles also fumbled as well. It's all good though, Browns blew a 13-0 & 13-3 4th qt lead & didn't deserve to win that game.

Will say that if the Boys play vs the Skins like they did vs the Browns, it will be a blowout win for the Skins.

Yeah probably. The Redskins are pretty solid. But then again, when we play better teams we play better. We may not win, but we play better.

If Dez had've fumbled while still going forward I would have complained about him not securing the ball. He was never stopped and was still moving forward when the whistle blew. Again the audio could have been off, but Dez is literally moving forward when they blow the whistle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QPLXk8vEpjc#t=0s

(Thanks to CowboysZone member, hairzic)

Parademon
11-19-2012, 09:50 PM
Notice you didn't say anything about the Miles play.

Ntegrase96
11-19-2012, 10:02 PM
Notice you didn't say anything about the Miles play.

I did on the previous page. Thought it was probably the right call if we're going by technical rules, but technical rules in the NFL are pretty dumb. We just happened to benefit.

I noticed you didn't say anything about the taunting penalty that Jay Ratliff got for a seemingly minor gesture.

rEaS
11-20-2012, 12:20 AM
I think it's pretty obvious some players let up when they heard the whistle.. and if not, he would have gained what.. 5 more yards? big deal..

how is this a penalty?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj_DfwmQG_k

This literally kept your important drive alive, when that should have been just an incompletion..

and again.. the miles austin play is bs.. he bobbled it in the first step and then secured it.. then got hit.. it happens fast but it happens.. ****ing ed hochuli LAUGHS his *** off because of the BS explication he just had to give to try to sell to justify the ****ty call..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOoANySuxVY

lol he says it's not a reviewable play.. but was under the hood reviewing.. so what gives? maybe he saw that if in fact it was a reviewable play he would have had to reverse it..

appodictic
11-20-2012, 12:24 AM
So one thing bothers me about the austin fumble. If your falling out of bounds. and you catch the ball and tap two toes... your in. But if you in the middle of the field catch the ball, take two steps go to switch how your carrying the ball, and then it gets knocked out you never had possession?

Like some catches are clear catches. The second they hit peoples hands they are a catch.

EddieBlue
11-20-2012, 10:06 AM

REALLY corny. Like your team.

Ntegrase96
11-20-2012, 11:00 AM
I think it's pretty obvious some players let up when they heard the whistle.. and if not, he would have gained what.. 5 more yards? big deal..

how is this a penalty?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj_DfwmQG_k

This literally kept your important drive alive, when that should have been just an incompletion..

and again.. the miles austin play is bs.. he bobbled it in the first step and then secured it.. then got hit.. it happens fast but it happens.. ****ing ed hochuli LAUGHS his *** off because of the BS explication he just had to give to try to sell to justify the ****ty call..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOoANySuxVY

lol he says it's not a reviewable play.. but was under the hood reviewing.. so what gives? maybe he saw that if in fact it was a reviewable play he would have had to reverse it..

It's a penalty... I don't see how you can say it isn't. Did the guy blatantly spear him with the crown of his helmet and did it look malicious and intentional? No but he went for the big hit, helmets collided, his shoulder was up around the neck and head area (although O'tree's position changed) which fits perfectly for one of the NFL's requirements for the penalty...

"Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him"

Secondly, this was a play on 2nd and 6. Did it help the Cowboys? Yes. But did it 'keep the drive alive'? Hardly. We had 2 more downs to gain 6 yards.

I think Ed Hochuli laughed because it was an obviously non-reviewable call and he probably already saw that he blew the call. Did it help that they probably got it wrong? Again, the answer is yes. But it can't be reviewed because there is no way you can say for sure what would have happen had the whistle not blown. Reviewing is still not perfect and that's one of the loopholes.

I don't mind admitting that the bad calls helped us, but the insinuation that the calls were one-sided because the league favors the Cowboys is ridiculous considering Dallas is the 2nd most penalized team in the league, and also had 9 penalties for 92 yards that game.

Fact is, Cleveland just out Dallas'd Dallas. They screwed themselves more than the Cowboys typically screwed themselves.

chuckedafter5yards
11-20-2012, 10:12 PM
World's slowest clock, again when the Cowboys had the ball with little time left, the clock would only start when Romo was already dropped back, over and over again. The play was definitely as fumble, moving the ball from one hand to another on purpose is not the same as the ball moving around trying to catch it.

Ntegrase96
11-21-2012, 10:46 AM
World's slowest clock, again when the Cowboys had the ball with little time left, the clock would only start when Romo was already dropped back, over and over again. The play was definitely as fumble, moving the ball from one hand to another on purpose is not the same as the ball moving around trying to catch it.

I know right? It's a conspiracy!

TheAnalyst
11-21-2012, 11:04 AM
Who cares. they have Romo, Giants have Eli. You know how that story ends...

Eliscruzzz
11-22-2012, 07:16 PM
Yeah probably. The Redskins are pretty solid. But then again, when we play better teams we play better. We may not win, but we play better.

If Dez had've fumbled while still going forward I would have complained about him not securing the ball. He was never stopped and was still moving forward when the whistle blew. Again the audio could have been off, but Dez is literally moving forward when they blow the whistle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QPLXk8vEpjc#t=0s

(Thanks to CowboysZone member, hairzic)Yep your playing stellar today lol.....

SlyFoxx
11-22-2012, 09:55 PM
Boy those refs were certainly in the pocket of JJ today. Yep, them boys get all the breaks. Like the non PI call that gave the skins that last second 1st half TD.

Generation Eli
11-23-2012, 05:13 AM
Boy those refs were certainly in the pocket of JJ today. Yep, them boys get all the breaks. Like the non PI call that gave the skins that last second 1st half TD.

Ntegrase96
11-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Yep your playing stellar today lol.....

Tell me about it...