PDA

View Full Version : Whose to blame

bashful
12-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Coughlin, Gilbride, Perry, or the players. You hear all kinds of opinions. The players have to execute and they certainly have not been doing that very well. Dropped passes, blown coverages, poor special teams play, penalities. That said they have to take some responsibility for the poor performance.</P>

However the coaching staff has to take the biggest hit. Whose fault is it. TC is a great coach and some feel he deserves another year. I do not, I think the players are no longer responding to his coaching style and he is unable to motivate, that being said, if he had taken the opportunity to get rid of both his OC years ago he may not be in the position is in right now. The ability to adjust from week to week and during the game have been a major weakness of the GMen GETTING OUT COACHED. Defensively we lost spags and made a bad hire - TC hired him. The players have to excute but the coaches have to put them in the best positions to execute - they have failed. Team lacks spirit and inspiration - it is tough to work for a boss (bosses) you have lost faith in. TC is a victim of poor coaches around him- he had the option to lower the boom - he chose not too. He has outlasted his stay and it is time to move on whether we make the playoffs or not. A change is needed.</P>

Kruunch
12-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Coughlin, Gilbride, Perry, or the players.* You hear all kinds of opinions.* The players have to execute and they certainly have not been doing that very well.* Dropped passes, blown coverages, poor special teams play, penalities.* That said they have to take some responsibility for the poor performance.</P>

However the coaching staff has to take the biggest hit.* Whose fault is it.* TC is a great coach and some feel he deserves another year.* I do not, I think the players are no longer responding to his coaching style and he is unable to motivate, that being said, if he had taken the opportunity to get rid of both his OC years ago he may not be in the position is in right now.* The ability to adjust from week to week and during the game have been a major weakness of the GMen GETTING OUT COACHED.* Defensively we lost spags and made a bad hire - TC hired him.* The players have to excute but the coaches have to put them in the best positions to execute - they have failed.* Team lacks spirit and inspiration - it is tough to work for a boss (bosses) you have lost faith in.* TC is a victim of poor coaches around him- he had the option to lower the boom - he chose not too.* He has outlasted his stay and it is time to move on whether we make the playoffs or not.* A change is needed.</P>

I blame Obama.

bearbryant
12-20-2011, 04:20 PM
Wow!!!
This is about the game of professional football, not about who let the cat out of the house! In time this team has become what we now see on Sundays: a mediocre team with some good talent but with a piss poor attitude about the pro game. Thats why everyone keeps yakkin' about " they came out flat, there's no intensity, no sense of urgency". Its all about the attitude that the team approaches the game with. I believe it started when we lost our leadership: Strahan. And I'm a supporter of Michael but certainly not a butt boy. The year after he left we started seeing evidence of this attitude: no passion on game day. The part of the team most affected by this attitude is the defensive secondary.

Put that together with some players that don't really have the fire for playing football like it needs to be played at this level, coacing that I believe can be much improved to teach our guys the game and prepare them for each and every opponent.

We also need talent. Our O line is laughable, has been this whole year. I'm amazed eli isn't dead! Our LB corp is so bad we had to concoct a defensive scheme with rolle and grant as default LB's to try and cover for this problem.

Lastly, we need coaches ala 2011 not 1902! We need coordinators that use the talent we have to the best of its ability against whoever the opponent is we're playing that day. Both OC, DC and ST's coach need to be excellent stategists and X's& O's guys. Not guys who our HC likes or can work well with; that's secondary to the ability.

All this is means nothing if the suits do not support and back the men they hire for these jobs instead of being more concerned with the bottom line, so thats a tough one. Other franchises do it so can the Maras.