PDA

View Full Version : NFC East Division is in Eli's hands

JMFP2
12-20-2011, 05:47 PM
With the exception of JPP, the rest of this defense is clueless.

I don't have any hope that Gilbride and Fewell can outcoach their next two opponents.

I expect these next two games to go the same route as the majority of the season..... Eli is going to have to come from behind and win, and it won't be until the clock forces Gilbride to abandon his refried game plan.

Fortunately, Eli has done it for most of the season, and can do it against the Jets and Dallas defenses. I'm not saying he will.....this team ran out of mulligans a few games ago....but as long as he is on the field, the chance is there.

Firenugget
12-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Yeah well he's not going to do it these next two weeks and then a playoff run. Either way this defense has written our death certificate this year. I say it's over...or at least it ought to be.

jakegibbs
12-20-2011, 05:52 PM

I don't have any hope that Gilbride and Fewell can outcoach their next two opponents.

I expect these next two games to go the same route as the majority of the season..... Eli is going to have to come from behind and win, and it won't be until the clock forces Gilbride to abandon his refried game plan.

Fortunately, Eli has done it for most of the season, and can do it against the Jets and Dallas defenses. I'm not saying he will.....this team ran out of mulligans a few games ago....but as long as he is on the field, the chance is there.

If they had a roof on the stadium then I might agree but nothing left this winter but cold & windy playing conditions.

They should have never built an open air stadium unless they could garantee a shut down defense would be on the field by mid Dec.

Sorry to rain on parade but don't expect much more than 200 yds passing in next 2 games if that much. Too cold too windy too much bad weather & no retractrable roof.

JMFP2
12-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Yeah well he's not going to do it these next two weeks and then a playoff run. Either way this defense has written our death certificate this year. I say it's over...or at least it ought to be.

You could be right. The defense is pathetic.

UK-Giantsfan
12-21-2011, 06:43 AM
If Eli has 2 games x 350 yards passing and 8 total TD's and maybe 1 INT ...then we can win the East.

We need to win 2 games .......39-38 or 45-42 or something stupid like that

ALL OF WHICH IS POSSIBLE WITH ELI THIS YEAR

However .......our D is simply pathetic

nygfanmaybe
12-21-2011, 06:50 AM
If Eli has 2 games x 350 yards passing and 8 total TD's and maybe 1 INT ...then we can win the East.

We need to win 2 games .......39-38 or 45-42 or something stupid like that

ALL OF WHICH IS POSSIBLE WITH ELI THIS YEAR

However .......our D is simply pathetic
I would prefer that he throw for around 200,
BJ and AB both go over 100, and we hold a time of possession margin of 40 mins. to 20 mins.

jomo
12-21-2011, 06:56 AM
If Eli has 2 games x 350 yards passing and 8 total TD's and maybe 1 INT ...then we can win the East. We need to win 2 games .......39-38 or 45-42 or something stupid like that ALL OF WHICH IS POSSIBLE WITH ELI THIS YEAR However .......our D is simply patheticBingo!

daynemustgo
12-21-2011, 07:08 AM
Jets have a decent defense, so I wouldn't look for Eli to put up madden-like numbers. Given that the Giants defense couldn't stop Rutgers, this could be a blowout loss for NYG.

SIMMS5611
12-21-2011, 07:20 AM
Eli had his first "flat" game in a long time last week, and I fully expect him to bounce back this week.</P>

I'm holding out hope that this will be the game where the D will actually step up for once, b/c if the</P>

Jets go down by 2 scores, the wheels will come off that bus quickly.</P>

My major concern is that this is going to be a very "chippy" game, with a lot of trash talk, nasty hits,</P>

etc, which is usually the recipe for 15 yard personal fouls, and #27 always seems to be in that mix.</P>

I'm still saying BIG BLUE grounds the Jets. </P>

NYG 45 - NYJ 17</P>

Ruttiger711
12-21-2011, 07:37 AM
With the exception of JPP, the rest of this defense is clueless. I don't have any hope that Gilbride and Fewell can outcoach their next two opponents. I expect these next two games to go the same route as the majority of the season..... Eli is going to have to come from behind and win, and it won't be until the clock forces Gilbride to abandon his refried game plan. Fortunately, Eli has done it for most of the season, and can do it against the Jets and Dallas defenses. I'm not saying he will.....this team ran out of mulligans a few games ago....but as long as he is on the field, the chance is there. If they had a roof on the stadium then I might agree but nothing left this winter but cold &amp; windy playing conditions. They should have never built an open air stadium unless they could garantee a shut down defense would be on the field by mid Dec. Sorry to rain on parade but don't expect much more than 200 yds passing in next 2 games if that much. Too cold too windy too much bad weather &amp; no retractrable roof.</P>

</P>

The winds arent the same as the old stadium... so if itsgusty outyeah it'll be a factor, but you dont get that old "special" swirl that old Giants Stadium had from just the slightest of breezes. </P>

UK-Giantsfan
12-21-2011, 09:00 AM
jomo , love the sig ...''No one remembers who came in second'' ........just to say that i do in fact remember who came second on Feb 3rd 2008 in Glendale Az

regards
UK

galaxy10
12-21-2011, 09:10 AM

We should just get rid of Gilbride and let Eli call the game. He is having a banner year and the *ssholes on the networks are not giving him the time of day. I think that it is amazing what he has done this year in spite of the O line and the inexperience of some of his receivers and all of the injuries. I was amazed in the Dallas game of how many hikes he had to pick off of the ground, then raise his head and survey the field. That is tough to do in the NFL.

sunsgiants
12-21-2011, 09:12 AM
I'd rather see them run the ball. We weren't that atrocious running the ball last week and the Jets aren't that much better off in terms of run defense: 127.6 yds/g : 112.9 yds/g. As it is, I think the weather is starting to dictate some of the throws.

GMENAGAIN
12-21-2011, 09:14 AM
If Eli has 2 games x 350 yards passing and 8 total TD's and maybe 1 INT ...then we can win the East. We need to win 2 games .......39-38 or 45-42 or something stupid like that ALL OF WHICH IS POSSIBLE WITH ELI THIS YEAR However .......our D is simply patheticBingo!</P>

Exactly.</P>

</P>

I started a thread after the Cowboys game that this whole thing is entirely upon Eli's shoulders now. If he plays a great game, we <U>could</U> win any game. The downside is that if he has an off day, we have virtually no chance to win . . . . </P>

GameTime
12-21-2011, 09:49 AM
With the exception of JPP, the rest of this defense is clueless. I don't have any hope that Gilbride and Fewell can outcoach their next two opponents. I expect these next two games to go the same route as the majority of the season..... Eli is going to have to come from behind and win, and it won't be until the clock forces Gilbride to abandon his refried game plan. Fortunately, Eli has done it for most of the season, and can do it against the Jets and Dallas defenses. I'm not saying he will.....this team ran out of mulligans a few games ago....but as long as he is on the field, the chance is there.</P>

I worry Eli is starting "push" too much. He showed it in the last game. He is up to 15 picks. That will increase this weekend. He will throw at least one and it will be criticle. After the Cowboys game he will end the season with 20......I hate to say it but he will. </P>

The Giants can get into the playoffs but they wont. I think they lose in another embarrasing fashion this weekend.</P>

I hope to god I am wrong with everything I have said here. </P>

Gianthunter
12-21-2011, 10:00 AM
It's in Romo's and Vicks handsalso.

jhamburg
12-21-2011, 11:27 AM
With the exception of JPP, the rest of this defense is clueless. I don't have any hope that Gilbride and Fewell can outcoach their next two opponents. I expect these next two games to go the same route as the majority of the season..... Eli is going to have to come from behind and win, and it won't be until the clock forces Gilbride to abandon his refried game plan. Fortunately, Eli has done it for most of the season, and can do it against the Jets and Dallas defenses. I'm not saying he will.....this team ran out of mulligans a few games ago....but as long as he is on the field, the chance is there.</P>

*I worry Eli is starting "push" too much. He showed it in the last game. He is up to 15 picks. That will increase this weekend. He will throw at least one and it will be criticle. After the Cowboys game he will end the season with 20......I hate to say it but he will. </P>

The Giants can get into the playoffs but they wont. I think they lose in another embarrasing fashion this weekend.</P>

*I hope to god I am wrong with everything I have said here. </P>

Throwing picks when we're down by 3 scores is whatever...I'm more concerned with how we got there in the first place.

DragonSoul
12-21-2011, 02:39 PM
it was shown vs the redskins, even when Eli makes a play he needs his team to help some.

Ala Nicks doesn't drop a wide open catch. Mario doesn't give Eli the wrong clue on the route he is going to run, or an oline that cannot protect Eli long enough when its only a 3 man rush.

burier
12-21-2011, 04:49 PM
I actually thought the defense would show up.

I feel so used.

Sarcasman
12-21-2011, 04:57 PM

*I worry Eli is starting "push" too much. He showed it in the last game. He is up to 15 picks. That will increase this weekend. He will throw at least one and it will be criticle. After the Cowboys game he will end the season with 20......I hate to say it but he will. </P>

I agree with this.

His picks have gone up as the defense play and offensive playcalling have deteriorated.

Sarcasman
12-21-2011, 04:58 PM
It's in Romo's and Vicks hands*also.

Reasons to be cheerful. Parts II and III.

JMFP2
12-21-2011, 05:04 PM

I agree with this.

His picks have gone up as the defense play and offensive playcalling have deteriorated.

I also agree with this.

Without a doubt, Eli was pressing against the Redskins. But when your defense can't get off the field after a 3rd and 17, I can understand the feeling.

I can't help but wonder where his numbers would be with a decent defense and running game.....the yards would be down, but his rating would probably be sick.

gumby742
12-21-2011, 05:17 PM

I worry Eli is starting "push" too much. He showed it in the last game. He is up to 15 picks. That will increase this weekend. He will throw at least one and it will be criticle. After the Cowboys game he will end the season with 20......I hate to say it but he will. </P>

I hope to god I am wrong with everything I have said here. </P>

I agree with this. His picks have gone up as the defense play and offensive playcalling have deteriorated. I also agree with this. Without a doubt, Eli was pressing against the Redskins. But when your defense can't get off the field after a 3rd and 17, I can understand the feeling. I can't help but wonder where his numbers would be with a decent defense and running game.....the yards would be down, but his rating would probably be sick.</P>

2008 is the year to look at.</P>

Sarcasman
12-21-2011, 05:25 PM

I agree with this. His picks have gone up as the defense play and offensive playcalling have deteriorated. I also agree with this. Without a doubt, Eli was pressing against the Redskins. But when your defense can't get off the field after a 3rd and 17, I can understand the feeling. I can't help but wonder where his numbers would be with a decent defense and running game.....the yards would be down, but his rating would probably be sick.</P>

2008 is the year to look at.</P>

Or 2009

giantsfan420
12-21-2011, 05:32 PM
he thing is, eli has been bailing out this sad excuse of a team all year.

at what point do the other players look at 10 carrying them and decide "hey, we need to pick it up a little to take some of that load off of eli"

its sickening that our qb could have an mvp caliber season, be top 4 qb, literally win games on his own, play awesome all but 2 or 3 games, and the team is 7-7.

im afraid that much like the 09 season, the defense will erase any memory of eli's stellar play.

even tho the loss vs washington last week was a bad game by eli, i completely blame fewell and the defense for even putting us in a situation where we needed to win, and that eli would have to carry the team again.

forget which commentator said it, but he was right when saying "this is what happens when u ask a player to carry a team all year long and he finally has a bad game"...

do u guys realize that the performance vs Washington would be how this team looks EVERY WEEK if it werent for eli playing out of his mind? The effort by everyone else was virtually the same as it has been all year. Eli and JPP, no one else shows up. Eli and JPP are literally winning games.

Its about damn time this defense shows up and ya know, actually do there jobs and call me crazy, win a couple games.

I was jealous watching teams like Pitt. hold the 9ers to 6 points the majority of the game, and the 9ers holding pitt to like 3 points.

If I were the owner, I would literally make my way to the locker room and let the defesnive side of the ball know no job is safe, and that whoever shows up will be remembered the offseason, and whoever doesnt show up will too be remembered.

Its about damn time Eli DOESNT have to bail us out, he's friggin done it all year and it disgusts me.

WR's catch the ball
DL gets after the QB
OL protects and run blcks
Secondary defend the Pass

is that so much to *** ask? We do those things, Eli is more than enough to carry us over the top and dare i say if those units do those things, we'd blow teams out.

JMFP2
12-21-2011, 05:39 PM
he thing is, eli has been bailing out this sad excuse of a team all year.

at what point do the other players look at 10 carrying them and decide "hey, we need to pick it up a little to take some of that load off of eli"

its sickening that our qb could have an mvp caliber season, be top 4 qb, literally win games on his own, play awesome all but 2 or 3 games, and the team is 7-7.

im afraid that much like the 09 season, the defense will erase any memory of eli's stellar play.

even tho the loss vs washington last week was a bad game by eli, i completely blame fewell and the defense for even putting us in a situation where we needed to win, and that eli would have to carry the team again.

forget which commentator said it, but he was right when saying "this is what happens when u ask a player to carry a team all year long and he finally has a bad game"...

do u guys realize that the performance vs Washington would be how this team looks EVERY WEEK if it werent for eli playing out of his mind? The effort by everyone else was virtually the same as it has been all year. Eli and JPP, no one else shows up. Eli and JPP are literally winning games.

Its about damn time this defense shows up and ya know, actually do there jobs and call me crazy, win a couple games.

I was jealous watching teams like Pitt. hold the 9ers to 6 points the majority of the game, and the 9ers holding pitt to like 3 points.

If I were the owner, I would literally make my way to the locker room and let the defesnive side of the ball know no job is safe, and that whoever shows up will be remembered the offseason, and whoever doesnt show up will too be remembered.

Its about damn time Eli DOESNT have to bail us out, he's friggin done it all year and it disgusts me.

WR's catch the ball
DL gets after the QB
OL protects and run blcks
Secondary defend the Pass

is that so much to *** ask? We do those things, Eli is more than enough to carry us over the top and dare i say if those units do those things, we'd blow teams out.

You know what really pissed me off last week?.....watching JPP have another monster game be drowned in a sea of apathy by the rest of his teammates.

I remember watching him make a big tackle, get back to the line, and raise his hands for the crowd to make some noise......I was thinking to myself "you mean to tell me these other losers don't have the energy to at least try to whip the crowd up....they need JPP to do that, too?"

****ing pathetic.....outside of JPP and Webster, really don't think anyone's job should be safe on D.