PDA

View Full Version : Prince Amukamara will never be a NFL DB

Hooligans
12-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Let's face it, Amukamara couldn't cover any NFL reciever. Sometimes you just have to admit to your mistakes and Prince is right there with Sinorice Moss as a major mistake by the Giants. I have seen white High School DBs named Phillip play better. How the Giants could leave that fool on the field all day was telling.......either the rest of the Giant DBs are even worse, or the Giant's DC is a total putz. I think it is time for the Mara's to clean house and start building an NFL defense, and rid themselves of this crew of injury prone quitters, who are quick to whine, but very reluctant to practice or play hard. The Giants have been here before with a lackluster team of headcases that never won, but were quick to complain, causing Season Ticket holders to burn their tickets in front of the Giant practice facility........then Wellington Mara wised up and hired an up and coming coach named Bill Parcells. Parcells came in, cleaned house and built a championship caliber team that lasted almost a decade......time for that to happen again.

Morehead State
12-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Message to Mods....</P>

Can we only allow people to post who have actually watched an NFL game?</P>

I think I'm not alone here.</P>

Hooligans
12-20-2011, 07:41 PM
Message to Mods....</P>

Hmmmm,,,I bet your name is Phillip.....and well we already know the rest........

FlyingTruck
12-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Message to Mods....</P>

Hmmmm,,,I bet your name is Phillip.....and well we already know the rest........No, yeah. You don't know what you're talking about. So hush up please.

b_ELI_eve
12-20-2011, 07:45 PM
These posts are getting old. I need to save my response so I don't have to type this out every time...

How long did it take Webster to "get it?" Dude was a "bust" for a while. Look where he is now

lawl
12-20-2011, 07:45 PM
He's played a snap in the NFL at cornerback, so therefore he is in fact a NFL DB. </P>

There's goes that thread title out the window.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

This guy is obviously a troll by the way.</P>

Firenugget
12-20-2011, 07:46 PM
What can you say to this without being banned?

Hooligans
12-20-2011, 07:51 PM
He's played a snap in the NFL at cornerback, so therefore he is in fact a NFL DB. </P>

There's goes that thread title out the window.</P>

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

This guy is obviously a troll by the way.</P>

Granted, I guess I should have written a QUALIFIED NFL DB. He has attempted to play the position, and while it is understandable that a rookie would make mistakes, he is clearly completely outmatched on the field. Maybe one day he can become a decent NFL backup DB and special team maven........but that is his ONLY upside.

Firenugget
12-20-2011, 07:53 PM
He's played a snap in the NFL at cornerback, so therefore he is in fact a NFL DB. </p>

There's goes that thread title out the window.</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

This guy is obviously a troll by the way.</p>

Granted, I guess I should have written a QUALIFIED NFL DB. He has attempted to play the position, and while it is understandable that a rookie would make mistakes, he is clearly completely outmatched on the field. Maybe one day he can become a decent NFL backup DB and special team maven........but that is his ONLY upside.

The fact that you think you can assume that after a couple games and no off season is pretty laughable. I mean you could be right, but there's no way to know this yet.

lawl
12-20-2011, 07:57 PM
Dont get it twisted. This dude is a troll.</P>

Hooligans
12-20-2011, 07:59 PM
He's played a snap in the NFL at cornerback, so therefore he is in fact a NFL DB. </p>

*</p>

*</p>

*</p>

The fact that you think you can assume that after a couple games and no off season is pretty laughable. I mean you could be right, but there's no way to know this yet.

The fact that the Redskin receivers continually beat him like a drum, and Rexy sought him out for every big play says it all........it isn't like the other Giant DBs are the field are total shutdown artists......the Giants are the 28th ranked defense in the NFL........the last time that happened Pete Athas was a starting Giant DB.

Firenugget
12-20-2011, 08:01 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

The fact that the Redskin receivers continually beat him like a drum, and Rexy sought him out for every big play says it all........it isn't like the other Giant DBs are the field are total shutdown artists......the Giants are the 28th ranked defense in the NFL........the last time that happened Pete Athas was a starting Giant DB.

How did Ross do? He's an NFL DB.

Of course they sought him out, he's a rookie. Now you're just being ignorant.

Drystt
12-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Jesus, he had one really bad game. Give it a rest

Hooligans
12-20-2011, 08:08 PM

*</p>

*</p>

*</p>

How did Ross do? He's an NFL DB.

Of course they sought him out, he's a rookie. Now you're just being ignorant.

Let me guess, you were one of those guys who defended Ron Dayne and Sinorice Moss after their rookie seasons. A bad player is a bad player and will ALWAYS be a bad player. Of course the Giants will bring the Princer back next year since they invested so much in him, but they won't make the "sinorice mistake" again, and they will release him after a second disappointing season. Some athletes are natural football players and some aren't........and clearly Prince is one of the latter.

michaelkhan3
12-20-2011, 08:11 PM
Let's face it, Amukamara couldn't cover any NFL reciever. Sometimes you just have to admit to your mistakes and Prince is right there with Sinorice Moss as a major mistake by the Giants. I have seen white High School DBs named Phillip play better. How the Giants could leave that fool on the field all day was telling.......either the rest of the Giant DBs are even worse, or the Giant's DC is a total putz. I think it is time for the Mara's to clean house and start building an NFL defense, and rid themselves of this crew of injury prone quitters, who are quick to whine, but very reluctant to practice or play hard. The Giants have been here before with a lackluster team of headcases that never won, but were quick to complain, causing Season Ticket holders to burn their tickets in front of the Giant practice facility........then Wellington Mara wised up and hired an up and coming coach named Bill Parcells. Parcells came in, cleaned house and built a championship caliber team that lasted almost a decade......time for that to happen again.

Prince Amukamara is already an NFL DB he was drafted by the New York Giants who are an NFL franchise he has since played in NFL games at the CB possition which is in the Defensive Backfield (DB) Therefore this post is WRONG and can be deleted

allentown PA
12-20-2011, 08:11 PM
great thread...anyway..just got FIFA 12...not a big video game guy but this game is the best....Hollond is a good team to use.

Drez
12-20-2011, 08:12 PM
A bad player is a bad player and will ALWAYS be a bad player.</P>

Wrong.</P>

Corey Webster.</P>

Amukamara has a better shot of being a legit CB that you ever will of being a legit MB poster (which is sad in its own pathetic kind of way). </P>

</P>

allentown PA
12-20-2011, 08:15 PM
great thread...anyway..just got FIFA 12...not a big video game guy but this game is the best....Hollond is a good team to use.

I think I have it set to an easy level....somebody needs to step it up...woot...

allentown PA
12-20-2011, 08:17 PM
I think I could live off of White cheddar popcorn..just saying between that and the giants loose zone that they play, I think we are on to something here.

BallinNY
12-20-2011, 08:29 PM

Dude, please shut up. Sinorice Moss was a major mistake not only because we gave him a limited amount of chances early on (which doesn't help build a player's confidence) but our OC hasn't utilized small receivers that rely on speed well. We see this same factor in Manningham, although he doesn't remember his routes well as well, we don't see him being used in those long crossing routes that Philly uses because our route combinations rarely open up the middle of the field, or have receivers past intermediate routes in the middle. The only plays we see this is on those quick screens to the outside which he is amazing at.

Edit: Moss began shying away from contact to avoid fumbling (which Coughlin hates and has punished players for it) and it visibly hindered his ability to make plays in the open field.

Amukamara is playing the hardest position to adapt to in the NFL from college. The reason is that at QB you can adapt the offense to one player so that the QB can function well in the system. You cannot change the defense to one player, especially the corner because he is reliable for a major part of the coverage.

Amukamara was injured and didn't even receive a playbook until the lockout ended, his learning curve was tremendous, and while he is still in preseason mode all the receivers he is covering are in mid-season form. He also has a hip (?) or ankle injury which affects his agility and ability to turn and mirror the WR's. He is a gifted athlete and has a high motor, he didn't even play corner until late in his freshman season at Nebraska.

Fewell is terrible specifically for the reason of using his personnel to its fullest. If I have a rookie that is as physical as him, with his speed, I make sure I let him jam the receiver and play man so that he can rely on his physical talent instead of his mental. This builds up his confidence. We also have guys like webster who is very good in press as well, and ross who has played best in press too. Man coverage would also allow us to blitz Rolle who was used very well last year.

Not saying I don't agree with cleaning house regarding the coaching staff, but your asinine comments lack substance and reason. Time for you to eat your words.

JLee2911
12-20-2011, 08:33 PM
+1

I wonder about these so-called "fans" at times. They are so off the reservation with their expectations of the game and players that I wonder if they understand the game of football.

jjj45
12-20-2011, 08:36 PM
I think I could live off of White cheddar popcorn..just saying between that and the giants loose zone that they play, I think we are on to something here.I've been on a popcorn binge lately and I've discovered its great for games. I think T.O. was on to something with his infamous line.

btw I make a mean caramel corn. Man its making me drool just talking about it.

allentown PA
12-20-2011, 08:44 PM
not a fan of the carmel...but ill eat it if nothing else..I could go for some nachos rite now...great thread

Hooligans
12-20-2011, 08:56 PM
+1

I wonder about these so-called "fans" at times. They are so off the reservation with their expectations of the game and players that I wonder if they understand the game of football.

The "REAL" fans are those that are realists and realized that mistakes like Ron Dayne and Sinorice Moss were complete busts after their rookie year, and they were. Prince seems like a nice guy and he has made millions of dollars......but he just doesn't have what it takes. He will get another chance next year, just like Dayne and Moss got chances......but like those other two he is a very good college player, but not good enough to be a NFL player.

Hooligans
12-20-2011, 09:00 PM

Dude, please shut up. Sinorice Moss was a major mistake not only because we gave him a limited amount of chances early on (which doesn't help build a player's confidence) but our OC hasn't utilized small receivers that rely on speed well. We see this same factor in Manningham, although he doesn't remember his routes well as well, we don't see him being used in those long crossing routes that Philly uses because our route combinations rarely open up the middle of the field, or have receivers past intermediate routes in the middle. The only plays we see this is on those quick screens to the outside which he is amazing at.

Edit: Moss began shying away from contact to avoid fumbling (which Coughlin hates and has punished players for it) and it visibly hindered his ability to make plays in the open field.

Amukamara is playing the hardest position to adapt to in the NFL from college. The reason is that at QB you can adapt the offense to one player so that the QB can function well in the system. You cannot change the defense to one player, especially the corner because he is reliable for a major part of the coverage.

Amukamara was injured and didn't even receive a playbook until the lockout ended, his learning curve was tremendous, and while he is still in preseason mode all the receivers he is covering are in mid-season form. He also has a hip (?) or ankle injury which affects his agility and ability to turn and mirror the WR's. He is a gifted athlete and has a high motor, he didn't even play corner until late in his freshman season at Nebraska.

Fewell is terrible specifically for the reason of using his personnel to its fullest. If I have a rookie that is as physical as him, with his speed, I make sure I let him jam the receiver and play man so that he can rely on his physical talent instead of his mental. This builds up his confidence. We also have guys like webster who is very good in press as well, and ross who has played best in press too. Man coverage would also allow us to blitz Rolle who was used very well last year.

Not saying I don't agree with cleaning house regarding the coaching staff, but your asinine comments lack substance and reason. Time for you to eat your words.

Everything you say about a rookie DB is very true, but Prince just isn't a natural football player, and he is completely lost as a DB. A rookie DB, no matter how good will make major mistakes.....but the Prince is completely lost.

ShakeNBake
12-20-2011, 09:11 PM

Whatever you say Nostradamus

Sundown
12-20-2011, 09:12 PM
I often wonder how some people (op) get this far in life w such stupidity.

jjj45
12-20-2011, 09:14 PM
not a fan of the carmel...but ill eat it if nothing else..I could go for some nachos rite now...great threadThats cause you've probably eaten the ****ty kind lol. Im talking homemade, with butter and brown sugar cooked on the stove. mmm thats good.

I also have this killer nacho recipe. Topped with fresh salsa, sour cream and homemade guacamole. darnit now im hungry

BallinNY
12-20-2011, 09:21 PM

Everything you say about a rookie DB is very true, but Prince just isn't a natural football player, and he is completely lost as a DB. A rookie DB, no matter how good will make major mistakes.....but the Prince is completely lost.

Of course he is lost! Like I said his learning curve is tremendous. I am not sure if he knows his assignments well enough, but he was pushed into starting due to terrible play by Ross but mostly injuries at the position.

If you don't know your assignments well, how can he react with 100% confidence he is doing the right thing? As a wide receiver (which I am in college) you can make a mistake on a route and your quarterback can throw you the ball as long as you are going 100 % and getting separation. At corner there are so many things you can do, and if you do them at 100% it can sometimes hurt you more!

So while yes you can tell he is lost, that doesn't make him an unnatural football player. He made plays in the coverage he should, press man. Zone coverage is more mental and instinctive, so its only right for him to be less effective because he is just starting to adapt to the NFL.

Take time and watch him when he is in man, specifically man press. He messed up once against Jennings (who is a great player, and usually doubled) on that touchdown catch that wasnt a catch. He recovered well, he stopped pressing beyond 5 yards, and he has the right positioning (man press is typically with a high safety, if not two) being slightly behind the reciever to make the QB have to fit it in a tight window.

Our safeties are definitely underplaying their expectations, Rolle is shooting off his mouth and Kenny has been injured, but both are not covering the ground they should be, especially with a rookie CB. They are playing individual football, not helping out their teammates but protecting their rep and not sharing any of the fault.

Hooligans
12-20-2011, 09:27 PM

Of course he is lost! Like I said his learning curve is tremendous. I am not sure if he knows his assignments well enough, but he was pushed into starting due to terrible play by Ross but mostly injuries at the position.

If you don't know your assignments well, how can he react with 100% confidence he is doing the right thing? As a wide receiver (which I am in college) you can make a mistake on a route and your quarterback can throw you the ball as long as you are going 100 % and getting separation. At corner there are so many things you can do, and if you do them at 100% it can sometimes hurt you more!

So while yes you can tell he is lost, that doesn't make him an unnatural football player. He made plays in the coverage he should, press man. Zone coverage is more mental and instinctive, so its only right for him to be less effective because he is just starting to adapt to the NFL.

Take time and watch him when he is in man, specifically man press. He messed up once against Jennings (who is a great player, and usually doubled) on that touchdown catch that wasnt a catch. He recovered well, he stopped pressing beyond 5 yards, and he has the right positioning (man press is typically with a high safety, if not two) being slightly behind the reciever to make the QB have to fit it in a tight window.

Our safeties are definitely underplaying their expectations, Rolle is shooting off his mouth and Kenny has been injured, but both are not covering the ground they should be, especially with a rookie CB. They are playing individual football, not helping out their teammates but protecting their rep and not sharing any of the fault.

Really......yet he made Jabar Gaffney look like Jerry Rice........sorry, when you look like a bust, play like a bust, get continually beat like a bust.....you ARE a bust.

Drez
12-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Let's face it, Amukamara couldn't cover any NFL reciever. Sometimes you just have to admit to your mistakes and Prince is right there with Sinorice Moss as a major mistake by the Giants. I have seen white High School DBs named Phillip play better. How the Giants could leave that fool on the field all day was telling.......either the rest of the Giant DBs are even worse, or the Giant's DC is a total putz. I think it is time for the Mara's to clean house and start building an NFL defense, and rid themselves of this crew of injury prone quitters, who are quick to whine, but very reluctant to practice or play hard. The Giants have been here before with a lackluster team of headcases that never won, but were quick to complain, causing Season Ticket holders to burn their tickets in front of the Giant practice facility........then Wellington Mara wised up and hired an up and coming coach named Bill Parcells. Parcells came in, cleaned house and built a championship caliber team that lasted almost a decade......time for that to happen again. Dude, please shut up. Sinorice Moss was a major mistake not only because we gave him a limited amount of chances early on (which doesn't help build a player's confidence) but our OC hasn't utilized small receivers that rely on speed well. We see this same factor in Manningham, although he doesn't remember his routes well as well, we don't see him being used in those long crossing routes that Philly uses because our route combinations rarely open up the middle of the field, or have receivers past intermediate routes in the middle. The only plays we see this is on those quick screens to the outside which he is amazing at. Edit: Moss began shying away from contact to avoid fumbling (which Coughlin hates and has punished players for it) and it visibly hindered his ability to make plays in the open field. Amukamara is playing the hardest position to adapt to in the NFL from college. The reason is that at QB you can adapt the offense to one player so that the QB can function well in the system. You cannot change the defense to one player, especially the corner because he is reliable for a major part of the coverage. Amukamara was injured and didn't even receive a playbook until the lockout ended, his learning curve was tremendous, and while he is still in preseason mode all the receivers he is covering are in mid-season form. He also has a hip (?) or ankle injury which affects his agility and ability to turn and mirror the WR's. He is a gifted athlete and has a high motor, he didn't even play corner until late in his freshman season at Nebraska. Fewell is terrible specifically for the reason of using his personnel to its fullest. If I have a rookie that is as physical as him, with his speed, I make sure I let him jam the receiver and play man so that he can rely on his physical talent instead of his mental. This builds up his confidence. We also have guys like webster who is very good in press as well, and ross who has played best in press too. Man coverage would also allow us to blitz Rolle who was used very well last year. Not saying I don't agree with cleaning house regarding the coaching staff, but your asinine comments lack substance and reason. Time for you to eat your words. Everything you say about a rookie DB is very true, but Prince just isn't a natural football player, and he is completely lost as a DB. A rookie DB, no matter how good will make major mistakes.....but the Prince is completely lost. Of course he is lost! Like I said his learning curve is tremendous. I am not sure if he knows his assignments well enough, but he was pushed into starting due to terrible play by Ross but mostly injuries at the position. If you don't know your assignments well, how can he react with 100% confidence he is doing the right thing? As a wide receiver (which I am in college) you can make a mistake on a route and your quarterback can throw you the ball as long as you are going 100 % and getting separation. At corner there are so many things you can do, and if you do them at 100% it can sometimes hurt you more! So while yes you can tell he is lost, that doesn't make him an unnatural football player. He made plays in the coverage he should, press man. Zone coverage is more mental and instinctive, so its only right for him to be less effective because he is just starting to adapt to the NFL. Take time and watch him when he is in man, specifically man press. He messed up once against Jennings (who is a great player, and usually doubled) on that touchdown catch that wasnt a catch. He recovered well, he stopped pressing beyond 5 yards, and he has the right positioning (man press is typically with a high safety, if not two) being slightly behind the reciever to make the QB have to fit it in a tight window. Our safeties are definitely underplaying their expectations, Rolle is shooting off his mouth and Kenny has been injured, but both are not covering the ground they should be, especially with a rookie CB. They are playing individual football, not helping out their teammates but protecting their rep and not sharing any of the fault. Really......yet he made Jabar Gaffney look like Jerry Rice........sorry, when you look like a bust, play like a bust, get continually beat like a bust.....you ARE a bust.</P>

So, I guess you are the GMB's version of Amukamara. </P>

BallinNY
12-20-2011, 09:38 PM

Really......yet he made Jabar Gaffney look like Jerry Rice........sorry, when you look like a bust, play like a bust, get continually beat like a bust.....you ARE a bust.

When you evaluate a rookie corner, you can't just look at positive or negative plays, but plays that he seemingly has no involvement. You see those positive or negative plays because of the announcers, cameraman, and the result. There are plenty of plays I watched only Prince and he had excellent coverage on his man (in man to man just like I said he was good at). He was playing soft coverage on almost all of the plays he messed up on.

If you think that interceptions and PD's are the only thing that make you a good corner you are far mistaken. Everyone was praising him after picking off Vince Young on an underthrown ball! He did everything right and should've had an easy pick, but tripped. That is not an indication of anything, just rookie jitters.

Patrick Peterson had a lot of growing problems this year, but he fought through them, and he had an offseason too! Prince had none of that. Give it a break, the jury isn't out yet on Amukamara, if he fails it is not a result of lack of talent, thats certain.

Edit: also Prince didn't want to get beat on a double move, he knew the ball was going his way from the trends. The DC needs to throw him a bone and see that and float coverage his way.

Another thing is that Gaffney is no slouch, he is a good receiver, as is Moss. He isn't playing against no name players, he's playing against seasoned veterans that are used to the game.

TheEnigma
12-20-2011, 09:42 PM
Yeah, Corey Webster was SUCH a stud when he first started.

jomo
12-20-2011, 09:50 PM
Message to Mods....</P>

I think I'm not alone here.</P> Hmmmm,,,I bet your name is Phillip.....and well we already know the rest........That's your best shot? haha