PDA

View Full Version : Enough crying already, we got a game to win !

Leek21
12-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Mathematically speaking a loss does not end any playoff hope, but practically speaking this is a playoff game.

I don't know about the cry babies around here but I'm pumped to see this game; with only 2 games left in the regular season the Giants are in a position to win the division!

Giants might not be playing great football but I believe they have the talent to beat any team in the league.

Let's go Giants !!!

bigbluegmenfan
12-20-2011, 07:32 PM
Im with you..makes no sense looking back now on what could of been or giving up.

Do we have issues? Yes, especially defensive side of the ball.

But we have a team that has proven time and time again they could win a big game when its back is against the wall. Back couldnt be against the wall anymore than it is now.

Get to the dance then anything can happen..ill take my chances then..just lets have a shot at the thing.

Lets go...

Leek21
12-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Exactly! If they make the playoffs anything can happen. This team isn't short on talent, and although the defense isn't playing well they still have big play potential. JPP alone can turn a game around.

The offense when clicking can score and most of the best teams in the NFC don't have great defenses => Packers and Saints.

As for the Jets and Cowboys they haven't played any better than the Giants all season.

it's time the Giants step up and take their rightful spot as NFC East champions.

These next 2 games are HUGE, I don't want this team ripped apart (too much potential).

Go Giants !!

davmac2BB
12-21-2011, 08:45 AM
Mathematically speaking a loss does not end any playoff hope, but practically speaking this is a playoff game.

I don't know about the cry babies around here but I'm pumped to see this game; with only 2 games left in the regular season the Giants are in a position to win the division!

Giants might not be playing great football but I believe they have the talent to beat any team in the league.

Let's go Giants !!!

This is not a playoff caliber team. Honestly it would do the organization better for the Giants to lose their last two. As Giants fans we have seen eight years of Tom Coughlin and when we break it down, his teams have always started hot and faded. Name me a year when the Giant dominated from start to finish in the Tom Coughlin Era? Name me a year when the Giants played like the 07 Patriots, the 08 Steelers, the 09 Colts and Saints where you knew from week 1 through week 18 they were playing like a team that you knew was going to end up in the Super Bowl and did just that? Even 07 - which is looking more like a fluke with each passing season - the Giants played horribly in the second half of the season and were lucky enough to get hot at the right time. This team's fades down the second half of the season lay at the feet of Tom Coughlin and for all his talk about mental toughness and all, he has never prepared these teams to be dominant for 16 games. He can not get competent coaches to work for him so we are constantly hiring guys nobody else in the league wants (Lewis, Hufnagle, Gilbride, Sheridan, Fewell) with the exception of lucking out on Spags for two years. The eight years 3 non-playoff bids (going on 4), 3 one and done exits (Twice losing at home as the NFC East Champion 1 as the Top Seed in the playoffs), and one miraculous run (that looks like a fluke when you put it in the context of his overall record).

This is the best that Tom Coughlin can do, but unlike most fans, this is not good enough! This team has the talent to do much better and we need to find a coach that can maximize the talent that we have.

ryan12
12-21-2011, 08:52 AM
yeah its wednesday im finally over th L... lets move on and ground the jets..... its going to be a war and we have captain eli leading the charge lets go blue

SIMMS5611
12-21-2011, 08:59 AM
yeah its wednesday im finally over th L... lets move on and ground the jets..... its going to be a war and we have captain eli leading the charge lets go blue</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=6>+1</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>Enough complaining like a bunch of cranky, bitter, old women. I said it before, &amp; I'll say it again....if the Giants get knocked out, we'll all have a very long off-season to shred 'em to no end, but until then, they'll have my full support. I'm not happy w/their play as of late, but I detest the Jets &amp; the Cowboys with every fiber of my being, so I cannot, and will not, root for the Giants to lose their last 2 games.</FONT></P>

davmac2BB
12-21-2011, 10:29 AM
yeah its wednesday im finally over th L... lets move on and ground the jets..... its going to be a war and we have captain eli leading the charge lets go blue</p>

</p>

<font color="#0000ff" size="6">+1</font></p>

<font color="#0000ff" size="4">Enough complaining like a bunch of cranky, bitter, old women. I said it before, &amp; I'll say it again....if the Giants get knocked out, we'll all have a very long off-season to shred 'em to no end, but until then, they'll have my full support. I'm not happy w/their play as of late, but I detest the Jets &amp; the Cowboys with every fiber of my being, so I cannot, and will not, root for the Giants to lose their last 2 games.</font></p>

To extend my confidence in the Giants at this point, would be in effect to extend my vote of confidence to Tom Coughlin and his coaching staff and to believe that they will right the ship and get us into the playoffs and beyond.

Sorry, I no longer believe that Tom Coughlin can lead this team to greatness. He needs to go and unfortunately it will take a Jets and Cowboy win to do it. As much as these two losses will sting, in the end it will be for the greater good.

Sometimes you have the purge the field with fire in order to plant a better crop!

rickker20
12-21-2011, 10:33 AM
We ain't winning $hit!!!!!!!!!!

ryan12
12-21-2011, 10:44 AM
We ain't winning $hit!!!!!!!!!!

way to think positive. go to the jets boards... none of us are happy with the play of our gmen but a true fans supports the team through thick and thin.... we win the next two and were in.

SIMMS5611
12-21-2011, 10:46 AM
yeah its wednesday im finally over th L... lets move on and ground the jets..... its going to be a war and we have captain eli leading the charge lets go blue</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=6>+1</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>Enough complaining like a bunch of cranky, bitter, old women. I said it before, &amp; I'll say it again....if the Giants get knocked out, we'll all have a very long off-season to shred 'em to no end, but until then, they'll have my full support. I'm not happy w/their play as of late, but I detest the Jets &amp; the Cowboys with every fiber of my being, so I cannot, and will not, root for the Giants to lose their last 2 games.</FONT></P>

To extend my confidence in the Giants at this point, would be in effect to extend my vote of confidence to Tom Coughlin and his coaching staff and to believe that they will right the ship and get us into the playoffs and beyond.

Sorry, I no longer believe that Tom Coughlin can lead this team to greatness. He needs to go and unfortunately it will take a Jets and Cowboy win to do it. As much as these two losses will sting, in the end it will be for the greater good.

Sometimes you have the purge the field with fire in order to plant a better crop!
</P>

</P>

I believe that unless the Giants go deeper than just getting into the playoffs, big changes are gonna come next season, regardless. So along that line of thinking, I don't find anything wrong with supporting the team these next 2 games....</P>

davmac2BB
12-21-2011, 10:56 AM
yeah its wednesday im finally over th L... lets move on and ground the jets..... its going to be a war and we have captain eli leading the charge lets go blue</p>

</p>

<font color="#0000ff" size="4">Enough complaining like a bunch of cranky, bitter, old women. I said it before, &amp; I'll say it again....if the Giants get knocked out, we'll all have a very long off-season to shred 'em to no end, but until then, they'll have my full support. I'm not happy w/their play as of late, but I detest the Jets &amp; the Cowboys with every fiber of my being, so I cannot, and will not, root for the Giants to lose their last 2 games.</font></p>

</p>

</p>

I believe that unless the Giants go deeper than just getting into the playoffs, big changes are gonna come next season, regardless. So along that line of thinking, I don't find anything wrong with supporting the team these next 2 games....</p>

If the Giants back into the playoffs, I guarantee that the Front Office will extend Coughlin out another season and sell the public on the idea that making the playoffs was enough to keep him and his staff in check. As much as I love the Giants, I do hate the fact that they never want to fire a coach unless the roof caves in and there is a total collapse.

Dan Reeves rode a playoff appearance and a 9-7 an additional two years and had the team not finished in last place in the NFC East he might not have been fired.

Jim Fassel managed to parley a lucky playoff run into an additional 3 season and if not for a 4-12 finish would have kept his job.

The Giants have never fired a coach off a playoff season and will not do it if Coughlin gets them in the dance, and I'm sorry but this has got to end.

eastbayblue
12-21-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm with you on this. A little pain now for a new coaching staff, I'm so ready for a change, something is not right on this team and hasn't been for a while.

davmac2BB
12-21-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm with you on this. A little pain now for a new coaching staff, I'm so ready for a change, something is not right on this team and hasn't been for a while.

Exactly!! The fact that his teams collapse every year over the second half of the season is telling. Not just one year, but every year. I personally think that he should have been fired the day after the Eagles game last year, or after the Packers game sealed the season. And it killed me that not only did the Front Office keep him, they trotted out that tired 'Winning 10 games isn't easy' garbage and the General Public actually bought it. I mean there were many dudes drinking the Koolaide the day after we 'Outlasted' the skin to get to 10-6 bitterly trotting out this garbage about winning ten games was an achievement, when I was thinking "B--ll---t"! the goal is to get to a Super Bowl and win it! That's the Achievement!

I can't take another season of mediocrity, so I would endure every Jets fan dumping for the next four years about this win rather than seeing Coughlin on the sidelines in 2012!

barran21
12-21-2011, 11:50 AM
It's the Jets if you as a fan can't get hype or emotional for this game then you are dead inside and not a fan, move the F on, I don't care if we failed to make the playoff as long as we SHUT REX UP, and screw up the Jets playoffs, and the cherry on the cake would be for us to make the playoffs and the Big mouth Jets at home hahahahaha...

davmac2BB
12-21-2011, 12:10 PM
It's the Jets if you as a fan can't get hype or emotional for this game then you are dead inside and not a fan, move the F on, I don't care if we failed to make the playoff as long as we SHUT REX UP, and screw up the Jets playoffs, and the cherry on the cake would be for us to make the playoffs and the Big mouth Jets at home hahahahaha...

So basically you are all for a 2012 season that looks similar to the last 3 season in order to get some "Instant Gratification".

<ul> You are prefectly content to have another 2 years of 6-2 starts followed by 2-6, or 3-5 or if the stars align 4-4 finishes. You are good with getting the Wild Card Game and being sent home pretty swiftly! You are okay with seasons in which one week we can go head to head with the Elite teams like the Packers or Pats, yet somehow lose to teams that are going to picking in the top ten of the draft (Washington, Eagles, Seahawks). You are fine posting .500 records as best in the NFC East.[/list]Sorry man but beating the Jets aint worth that!

jjj45
12-21-2011, 12:22 PM

<font color="#0000ff" size="4">Enough complaining like a bunch of cranky, bitter, old women. I said it before, &amp; I'll say it again....if the Giants get knocked out, we'll all have a very long off-season to shred 'em to no end, but until then, they'll have my full support. I'm not happy w/their play as of late, but I detest the Jets &amp; the Cowboys with every fiber of my being, so I cannot, and will not, root for the Giants to lose their last 2 games.</font></p>I think I'll stick to being a cranky old women about it thank you very much. Still havent gotten over these bums blowing it against the Vince Young led eagles.

But by George I'll still root for these suckers to run the table 'cause what kind of fan would I be if I didn't?

Crush the Jets!!!

pjam84
12-21-2011, 12:26 PM

So basically you are all for a 2012 season that looks similar to the last 3 season in order to get some "Instant Gratification".

<ul> You are prefectly content to have another 2 years of 6-2 starts followed by 2-6, or 3-5 or if the stars align 4-4 finishes. You are good with getting the Wild Card Game and being sent home pretty swiftly! You are okay with seasons in which one week we can go head to head with the Elite teams like the Packers or Pats, yet somehow lose to teams that are going to picking in the top ten of the draft (Washington, Eagles, Seahawks). You are fine posting .500 records as best in the NFC East.[/list]Sorry man but beating the Jets aint worth that!

a lot of assumptions in this statement. you know what they say about assumptions?

anyway... i'll give you two suggestions, i'd recommend taking one of them. 1. shut your negative pie-hole, see what happens, and be grateful you still have something to cheer for 2. denounce your allegiance to the new york giants and find a new team to root for. maybe even pick a new team every year, that way you don't have to tough it out through the down times.

Vtgmenfan89
12-21-2011, 12:27 PM

Let's go Giants !!!

Mathematically speaking, if Giants lose and Cowgirls win, we're out of playoffs period. I believe they have the talent to beat any team in the league as well when it is properly utilized like say the Pats game. But unfortunately our coaching staff have dinosaur brains and never ever ever keep doing something when it worked against TOM ****ING BRADY. Instead would play it safe against lesser qb's and let them pick us apart. Sooooo I don't have much faith in this team right now. I'm normally a big time homer too. So I'm really saying something out of character here.

buddy33
12-21-2011, 12:30 PM
WE don't play the game. The players do. Everyone wants them to win but remember this is basically the same roster that has collapsed year after year. How many guys are on this team today that where also on the team last year when they collapsed in their 2nd game against the Eagles and the next week at Green Bay? What have they shown you this year that made them learn from last year?

Most of the people who are so down right now will be on the board come game day and watching the game rooting for the Giants.

davmac2BB
12-21-2011, 02:09 PM

a lot of assumptions in this statement. you know what they say about assumptions?

anyway... i'll give you two suggestions, i'd recommend taking one of them. 1. shut your negative pie-hole, see what happens, and be grateful you still have something to cheer for 2. denounce your allegiance to the new york giants and find a new team to root for. maybe even pick a new team every year, that way you don't have to tough it out through the down times.

Assumptions? The last eight years have have gone the same way and I'm assuming things? And you tell me to shut up and not be a Giants fan?

I'm not going to get into a name calling match. I'll just say this. You like mediocrity so I will let you root for mediocrity. I'm rooting for change within this organization, so that's what I'm going to root for.

And if by chance the Giants do lose and there is a change in the Coaching staff and it is for the better, take a seat at the back of the bandwagon and remember that you wanted Status Quo!

Leek21
01-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Hahaha, this thread is so great. Great thing about message boards is reminding people how wrong they
are !!

Morehead State
01-26-2012, 08:53 AM
Hahaha, this thread is so great. Great thing about message boards is reminding people how wrong they are !!</P>

Another dope trying to suck the joy out of our team's success.</P>

To try to stick Giants victories in the faces of fellow Giants fans who root their asses off for our team is despicable.</P>

Despicable!!!</P>

Joe Morrison
01-26-2012, 08:55 AM
Hahaha, this thread is so great. Great thing about message boards is reminding people how wrong they are !!</P>

[:P]</P>

pjam84
01-26-2012, 11:19 AM

Assumptions? The last eight years have have gone the same way and I'm assuming things? And you tell me to shut up and not be a Giants fan?

I'm not going to get into a name calling match. I'll just say this. You like mediocrity so I will let you root for mediocrity. I'm rooting for change within this organization, so that's what I'm going to root for.

And if by chance the Giants do lose and there is a change in the Coaching staff and it is for the better, take a seat at the back of the bandwagon and remember that you wanted Status Quo!

i didn't bump this thread, but this is great.

"if by chance the giants do lose and there is a change in the coaching staff and it is for the better, take a seat at the back of the bandwagon and remember that you wanted status quo!"

the giants are in the super bowl a month later. wonderful. who's taking a seat at the back of the bandwagon now? i've been sitting up front my whole life! sucker!

FBomb
01-26-2012, 11:26 AM
sigh</P>

this **** is getting old.</P>

Leek21
01-26-2012, 11:26 AM

To try to stick Giants victories in the faces of fellow Giants fans who root their asses off for our team is despicable.</P>

Despicable!!!</P>

Hey Moorehead state; I believe in accountability. It's easy to "talk the talk" on a message board; so it is absolutely fantastic to hold people accountable for what they say.

If you find that "despicable" then remember to choose your words carefully when posting because others in the world appreciate accountability.

I enjoy making them eat crow; it's too bad you find that "despicable" because we need more accountability in this country. Too many loud mouths get away with saying things they simply shouldn't be saying.

Leek21
01-26-2012, 11:29 AM
sigh</P>

It's getting old, but hopefully a few people will learn a good lesson (but they probably won't).

FBomb
01-26-2012, 11:29 AM

Despicable!!!</P>

Hey Moorehead state; I believe in accountability. It's easy to "talk the talk" on a message board; so it absolutely fantastic to hold people accountable for what they say. If you find that "despicable" then remember to choose your words carefully when posting because others in the world appreciate accountability. I enjoy making them eat crow; it's too bad you find that "despicable" because we need more accountability in this country. Too many loud mouths get away with saying things they simply shouldn't be saying.</P>

Yeah.....god forbid anyone give their opinion and be wrong about it.</P>

People who are wrong should just shut up.</P>

FBomb
01-26-2012, 11:31 AM
sigh</P>

It's getting old, but hopefully a few people will learn a good lesson (but they probably won't).</P>

What lesson are you teaching, exactly? How to act like a **** when you're proven right?</P>

Leek21
01-26-2012, 11:43 AM
sigh</P>

It's getting old, but hopefully a few people will learn a good lesson (but they probably won't).</P>

What lesson are you teaching, exactly?* How to act like a **** when you're proven right?</P>

I believe in accountability. That doesn't mean I will always be right. When I am wrong, feel free to tell me I am wrong and I will admit it without any problem.

I know you are not a rookie on these boards so you should know full well there is a lot posts made which simply are not backed by the facts or evidence. Yet these loud mouths make wild allegation after wild allegation and false assumptions without really putting anything on the line. They have nothing to lose so they just "talk the talk".

Well now it's time for them to eat some crow and for others to expose them as completely wrong. If they are smart then next time they will think twice before making allegations.

Nothing wrong in giving your opinion, but prepared to defend it, and be prepared to admit you are wrong when you are wrong.

FBomb
01-26-2012, 11:51 AM
sigh</P>

What lesson are you teaching, exactly? How to act like a **** when you're proven right?</P>

I believe in accountability. That doesn't mean I will always be right. When I am wrong, feel free to tell me I am wrong and I will admit it without any problem. I know you are not a rookie on these boards so you should know full well there is a lot posts made which simply are not backed by the facts or evidence. Yet these loud mouths make wild allegation after wild allegation and false assumptions without really putting anything on the line. They have nothing to lose so they just "talk the talk". Well now it's time for them to eat some crow and for others to expose them as completely wrong. If they are smart then next time they will think twice before making allegations. Nothing wrong in giving your opinion, but prepared to defend it, and be prepared to admit you are wrong when you are wrong.</P>

eh....I think you're making excuses to act like a ****. Nothing more. </P>

jjj45
01-26-2012, 12:56 PM
I posted in this thread. Do I have to eat crow now?

FlyingTruck
01-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Why is everyone bumping these old threads?

Morehead State
01-26-2012, 02:44 PM

Despicable!!!</P>

Hey Moorehead state; I believe in accountability. It's easy to "talk the talk" on a message board; so it is absolutely fantastic to hold people accountable for what they say. If you find that "despicable" then remember to choose your words carefully when posting because others in the world appreciate accountability. I enjoy making them eat crow; it's too bad you find that "despicable" because we need more accountability in this country. Too many loud mouths get away with saying things they simply shouldn't be saying.</P>

Pure bull****.</P>

If a fan is rooting against a player or his team because he doesn't like the coach, etc....... thats different. But we all root hard for our team and want desperately for all our players and coaches (even the ones we criticize) to do well and help the team win.</P>

Morons like you try to drain all the joy out of our teams success for others who dare to disagree with you.</P>

You are officially a ****head.</P>

Leek21
01-26-2012, 04:10 PM

Despicable!!!</P>

Hey Moorehead state; I believe in accountability. It's easy to "talk the talk" on a message board; so it is absolutely fantastic to hold people accountable for what they say. If you find that "despicable" then remember to choose your words carefully when posting because others in the world appreciate accountability. I enjoy making them eat crow; it's too bad you find that "despicable" because we need more accountability in this country. Too many loud mouths get away with saying things they simply shouldn't be saying.</P>

Pure bull****.</P>

If a fan is rooting against a player or his team because he doesn't like the coach, etc....... thats different.* But we all root hard for our team and want desperately for all our players and coaches (even the ones we criticize) to do well and help the team win.</P>

Morons like you try to drain all the joy out of our teams success for others who dare to disagree with you.</P>

Did you not read the title of this thread ? Enough crying already.

Listen it's all in good fun until people like you get all serious about it. It's a regular event on these boards for someone to pony up, eat some crow and admit they were wrong. No big deal.

We debate, we argue, we disagree, when the dust settles those who turned out to be wrong can be reminded of what they said without:

"drainig all the joy out of our teams success for others who dare to disagree with you"

That is pure rhetoric, and emotional talk.

Nobody is "draining the joy", it's all in your head.

Morehead State
01-26-2012, 05:10 PM

Despicable!!!</P>

Pure bull****.</P>

If a fan is rooting against a player or his team because he doesn't like the coach, etc....... thats different. But we all root hard for our team and want desperately for all our players and coaches (even the ones we criticize) to do well and help the team win.</P>

Did you not read the title of this thread ? Enough crying already. Listen it's all in good fun until people like you get all serious about it. It's a regular event on these boards for someone to pony up, eat some crow and admit they were wrong. No big deal. We debate, we argue, we disagree, when the dust settles those who turned out to be wrong can be reminded of what they said without: "drainig all the joy out of our teams success for others who dare to disagree with you" That is pure rhetoric, and emotional talk. Nobody is "draining the joy", it's all in your head.</P>

Keep telling yourself that. You might even start to believe it.</P>