PDA

View Full Version : We have NO good luck!

53canton
12-20-2011, 07:18 PM
It figures that the one way we can exploit the Jets defense is with the TE, and Ballard isnt available!! And who knows about Beckum?

Cant even get Osi back for the biggest game of the season.

Robert21156
12-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Yeah, remember when Osi got hurt and actually walked to the locker room before halftime? He was WALKING on his own power. And now he hasn't played for about a month? Big Ben looked like his ankle was about half broken last night yet he played (probably shouldn't have) last night. If Osi is looking for 100% good health he may have to take up checkers or something that speed. Grow a pair and suit up.

jomo
12-20-2011, 08:57 PM
In all seriousness, I'd rather be good than lucky.

Idkaname
12-20-2011, 09:16 PM
No team has ever won a Sb without being good and lucky and sometimes just plain lucky

jomo
12-20-2011, 09:28 PM
No team has ever won a Sb without being good and lucky and sometimes just plain luckyJUST plain luck never works for more than a game and you have to win many games to get to the Super Bowl.However, being good and lucky is a solid formula. I still think I'd rather be great than lucky.

JJC7301
12-20-2011, 10:43 PM
Yeah, remember when Osi got hurt and actually walked to the locker room before halftime? He was WALKING on his own power. And now he hasn't played for about a month? Big Ben looked like his ankle was about half broken last night yet he played (probably shouldn't have) last night. If Osi is looking for 100% good health he may have to take up checkers or something that speed. Grow a pair and suit up.
I actually walked past Osi at the supermarket this past weekend and wished him good luck on the rest of the season. Being able to walk vs playing a very physical game are two different things.

MikeSherrard
12-20-2011, 10:56 PM
I'd venture to say the giants are VERY LUCKY to be in the playoff hunt!

Robert21156
12-21-2011, 12:26 AM
Just making the point that he was walking off and it's been at least a month now. Isn't it an ankle injury? He seems to be in a perpetual state of injury of some kind, and that, coupled with his mediocre attitude, is obviously what leads many fans to hope his ship sails this offseason.

NYGFaninILL
12-21-2011, 01:11 AM
Just making the point that he was walking off and it's been at least a month now. Isn't it an ankle injury? He seems to be in a perpetual state of injury of some kind, and that, coupled with his mediocre attitude, is obviously what leads many fans to hope his ship sails this offseason.

I think if he could play, he would.

He wants a huge contract next year, as made clear by this offseason.

What's the going FA rate for an aging DE, who can't stay healthy and make big plays?

gmen46
12-21-2011, 02:57 AM

Walking off on your own power has no relation to extent and severity of injury, necessarily. Players who suffer from torn MCLs. for example, frequently walk off the field and into the locker room, looking good, only to go on IR on Monday.

As for comparing Roethlisburger's ankle injury to that of Osi, while true Ben is a tough dude, the strain and stress put on the ankle by a QB is not remotely close to the same as done by a DE whose primary job is to rush the passer. To question Osi's toughness by saying Ben played last Sunday (hobbling around) is absurd.

The man is (was) playing for one more big contract. You think he doesn't know if he's not on the field he can't make his case for a new big contract? Do you honestly believe that he would not be on the field if he at all possibly could?

BlueJayC
12-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Yeah, remember when Osi got hurt and actually walked to the locker room before halftime? He was WALKING on his own power. And now he hasn't played for about a month? Big Ben looked like his ankle was about half broken last night yet he played (probably shouldn't have) last night. If Osi is looking for 100% good health he may have to take up checkers or something that speed. Grow a pair and suit up. Walking off on your own power has no relation to extent and severity of injury, necessarily. Players who suffer from torn MCLs. for example, frequently walk off the field and into the locker room, looking good, only to go on IR on Monday. As for comparing Roethlisburger's ankle injury to that of Osi, while true Ben is a tough dude, the strain and stress put on the ankle by a QB is not remotely close to the same as done by a DE whose primary job is to rush the passer. To question Osi's toughness by saying Ben played last Sunday (hobbling around) is absurd. The man is (was) playing for one more big contract. You think he doesn't know if he's not on the field he can't make his case for a new big contract? Do you honestly believe that he would not be on the field if he at all possibly could?</P>

This is just my opinion but I think his mind set is......8 games.......7 sacks......that's enough to get a decent FA offer.......gonna shelf it for the rest of the season.......only time will tell.......IF the Giants lose and Cowboys win and he sits Jan 1st.....I think that'll tell the story......</P>

Just my opinion but can we be frickin serious for a second as well......it's an ankle sprain.....if there's no ligament damage you lie to the docs and tell them it feels great, tape thes*** out of it,pop some pain pills and get on the f***ing field.......anyone who is anathlete and has had the will to win has done it.....I didit on a broken foot in college and I wasn't getting paid.....I had teammates with shoulders falling out of their sockets wear harnasses and do the same.....we just wanted to win fricking games.......we just wanted to compete......it seems like all this guy wants is a contract.....it's not a broken bone.....it's not a dislocation......it's not a tear....it's an ankle sprain......no heart or balls on Osi........oh yeah and he's s*** against the run too.</P>

galaxy10
12-21-2011, 08:48 AM

I think if he could play, he would.

He wants a huge contract next year, as made clear by this offseason.

What's the going FA rate for an aging DE, who can't stay healthy and make big plays?

He is hurting his pay day for FA. I think he could play if he wanted to. If anything, he wants money. He just cant stay healthy and neither can Tuck. Going to be interesting in FA next year. Not sure if I would want to make the decision about these guys. Tuck seems like he is not mentally strong, just my impression, although only he knows what is going on. At least he could lead the troops, he just seems lost. We need a team leader and should get one experienced guy in the off season.

Gianthunter
12-21-2011, 09:03 AM
Actually it's in Osi's bestinterest not to play. He has insulated himself from this fiasco. And retained the abilty to say it would have different if I wasn't injured. The chips are falling horseymanures way.

Redeyejedi
12-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Yeah, remember when Osi got hurt and actually walked to the locker room before halftime? He was WALKING on his own power. And now he hasn't played for about a month? Big Ben looked like his ankle was about half broken last night yet he played (probably shouldn't have) last night. If Osi is looking for 100% good health he may have to take up checkers or something that speed. Grow a pair and suit up. Walking off on your own power has no relation to extent and severity of injury, necessarily. Players who suffer from torn MCLs. for example, frequently walk off the field and into the locker room, looking good, only to go on IR on Monday. As for comparing Roethlisburger's ankle injury to that of Osi, while true Ben is a tough dude, the strain and stress put on the ankle by a QB is not remotely close to the same as done by a DE whose primary job is to rush the passer. To question Osi's toughness by saying Ben played last Sunday (hobbling around) is absurd. The man is (was) playing for one more big contract. You think he doesn't know if he's not on the field he can't make his case for a new big contract? Do you honestly believe that he would not be on the field if he at all possibly could?Especially for Osi who is primarily an edge rusher.He puts a lot of strain on the ankles when he tries to turn the corner

GMENAGAIN
12-21-2011, 09:20 AM
Just making the point that he was walking off and it's been at least a month now. Isn't it an ankle injury? He seems to be in a perpetual state of injury of some kind, and that, coupled with his mediocre attitude, is obviously what leads many fans to hope his ship sails this offseason. I think if he could play, he would. He wants a huge contract next year, as made clear by this offseason. What's the going FA rate for an aging DE, who can't stay healthy and make big plays?</P>

Osi is not a FA next year . . . </P>

Idkaname
12-21-2011, 09:20 AM
yeah worded that wrong i meant what you just said

Rich4114
12-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Not for nothing, but since the NE game what exactly has Jake Ballard brought to the table for us?

SweetZombieJesus
12-21-2011, 09:52 AM
I actually walked past Osi at the supermarket this past weekend and wished him good luck on the rest of the season.

Wow, I'm shocked! I figured he would run home to Atlanta.

jakegibbs
12-21-2011, 09:54 AM
It figures that the one way we can exploit the Jets defense is with the TE, and Ballard isnt available!! And who knows about Beckum?

Funny but don't the good teams find a way to make their own luck. Obviously this is not one of the good teams.

53canton
12-22-2011, 07:43 AM

Funny but don't the good teams find a way to make their own luck. Obviously this is not one of the good teams.

I never bought into that "make your own luck BS". Especially when it comes to injuries and their timing.

yatitle
12-22-2011, 08:53 AM

Might have used up all their good luck for the 2007 SB run. I think the helmet catch makes us at least even for awhile don't you?

53canton
12-22-2011, 11:18 AM

Might have used up all their good luck for the 2007 SB run.* I think the helmet catch makes us at least even for awhile don't you?

Thats superstitous. You really think we have to have bad luck and injuries because we won the SB???