GiantWarfare
11-22-2012, 05:49 PM
RG3 is FOR REAL. That is all.

Cloud57
11-22-2012, 05:53 PM
RG3 is picking the cowboys apart something we couldn't do

GiantWarfare
11-22-2012, 06:02 PM
holy smokes, this kid is a rookie??? He's toying w/ that Dallas defense...

Eliscruzzz
11-22-2012, 06:05 PM
RG3 KILLING THEM WHERE'S CRUE WITH ALL THAT CRAP HE WAS TALKING ABOUT HOW DALLAS WOULD BE TIED WITH THE GIANTS AFTER SUNDAY LOL.... WELCOME TO 3RD PLACE DALLAS.....

BigBlueAllDay
11-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Absolutely putting on a show in Dallas. What a complete QB with the ability to get it done with the legs or arm.

FIFTY6G-MAN
11-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Deadskins are playing great!! We need to buckle down.

Sarcasman
11-22-2012, 07:40 PM
He's looking good today, no doubt that once he gets consistent he'll be a top 10 QB for before too long.

GMENAGAIN
11-22-2012, 08:28 PM
I hate that this guy is in our division. He's a superstar.

Eliscruzzz
11-22-2012, 08:43 PM
I have to give it up to RG3today he was fantastic very impressive. He will be hard to stop for years to come but......but the Giants are not going to let that happen to them when they play Redskins in 2 weeks. How you like 3rd place Crue. I thought you would be 6-5 after today lol. The Redskins is not an automatic W anymore my friend plus they hate you guys with a passion. So expect more of that every year you play them.

GIANTS 6-4
REDSKINS 5-6
COWBOYS 5-6
EAGLES 3-7

Who will win??

TheAnalyst
11-22-2012, 08:49 PM
Injuries will be the only thing that can derail this kid. He took some monster hits today.

PETEY006
11-22-2012, 10:36 PM
Hate that he's playing well. We gotta win Sunday... even the Cowboys are looking good again (they almost came back)

Ntegrase96
11-23-2012, 09:56 AM
Just wait until the Redskins get out of cap/draft hell and can provide RG3 with a big time WR. If not for the cap sanctions, guy could have been throwing to VJax this year. Scary thought for the NFCE.

Redskins set at QB probably for the next 12 years while the Cowboys and Giants will likely be looking for one in 3 or 4 years (maybe sooner for the Cowboys). Shifting of the guard? I hope not.

BigBlueAllDay
11-23-2012, 10:16 AM
The Giants are focused on winning this season's Superbowl and only have to think about RG3 for next week. The Giants are not thinking about RG3 for 12 years to come or getting a new QB in 3,4, or 5 years from now. That's how you win championships these days. You always hear about the bottom tier teams talk about rebuilding to win the championship in 5 years or so and that just does not happen 80% of the time because a lot of things can happen within 5 years, the star players don't tend to stay on crappy teams, and successful teams will build upon their success.
The Redskins are gonna call their season a success this year regardless if they make it or not, simply because they drafted RG3.

Ntegrase96
11-23-2012, 10:41 AM
The Giants are focused on winning this season's Superbowl and only have to think about RG3 for next week. The Giants are not thinking about RG3 for 12 years to come or getting a new QB in 3,4, or 5 years from now. That's how you win championships these days. You always hear about the bottom tier teams talk about rebuilding to win the championship in 5 years or so and that just does not happen 80% of the time because a lot of things can happen within 5 years, the star players don't tend to stay on crappy teams, and successful teams will build upon their success.
The Redskins are gonna call their season a success this year regardless if they make it or not, simply because they drafted RG3.

Overall I sort of agree. It really depends on what market you're in, but I think the Redskins are in an ideal market for a 'rebuild'.

The truly successful teams build on their success, I agree. Teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens are really good examples of those. But a lot of teams that have success get too caught up in winning, or trying to win to realize that they're foundation is crumbling.

In this sport and in any sport, you have to think about the present and future... unless of course your present is non-existent. You can't go out and try to win a championship if you've got nothing around, so you sacrifice to gain a guy like RG3, or Andrew Luck. I think the redskins will consider this a successful season because it IS a successful season.

BigBlueAllDay
11-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Yes, RG3 is proving he's worth ever draft pick sacrifice the Redskins made to get him. Also, successful rebuilding requires the right personnel that know what they're doing (GM, coaches, scouts, etc...). No one wants to end up like the Eagles who make big name player acquisitions, give them large contracts, claim to be the dream team, and then have Andy Reid trying to keep his job, explaining why the team gets blown out and why the defense is doing worse after firing the DC near mid-season. lol

Ntegrase96
11-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Yes, RG3 is proving he's worth ever draft pick sacrifice the Redskins made to get him. Also, successful rebuilding also requires the right personnel that know what they're doing (GM, coaches, scouts, etc...). No one wants to end up like the Eagles who make big name player acquisitions, give them large contracts, and then have Andy Reid trying to keep his job, explaining why the team gets blown out and why the defense is doing worse after firing the DC near mid-season. lol

Right. You need the correct personnel and that's not just limited to acquiring personnel, it's also very important to know when to cut ties. Both the Cowboys and eagles haven't had a good grasp on that recently.

keyofgmen
11-23-2012, 12:05 PM
Gonna be hard to watch him rip up the NFCE for years to come. Hard to hate on him though, as he also seems to be a good stand up kinda guy too. Washington fans must be thrilled.

Sarcasman
11-23-2012, 12:25 PM
I hate that this guy is in our division. He's a superstar.

It's a league of adjustments. He's a very good player but also a rookie so he's benefiting from being unknown like many first year QBs have before him.

I'm pretty sure that once he gets known a bit more around the league, defenses will adapt. Let's not start preparing for the induction into Canton for a QB whose numbers currently put him squarely in the middle of the pack.

CTLadyBlue
11-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Yes, RGIII was awesome yesterday, but let's not forget that the Redskins were almost a victim to the same problem the Giants had with the Cowboys several weeks ago - that they jumped out to a BIG lead in the first half, only for the Cowboys to come back and make it a one score game. If not for the mistakes (ie: Romo's trademark interception), Dallas could've won that game - just like they could have (and SHOULD have) beat us.

GreenGuy
11-23-2012, 01:20 PM
I really hope the Skins dont make the playoffs. They havent been good in forever and their fans are already ****y. I literally went over there to their MB just to congratulate them on their recent victories and they jumped down my throat with smack talk.

Sarcasman
11-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Yes, RGIII was awesome yesterday, but let's not forget that the Redskins were almost a victim to the same problem the Giants had with the Cowboys several weeks ago - that they jumped out to a BIG lead in the first half, only for the Cowboys to come back and make it a one score game. If not for the mistakes (ie: Romo's trademark interception), Dallas could've won that game - just like they could have (and SHOULD have) beat us.

Why should have? They certainly didn't play well enough to win.

CTLadyBlue
11-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Why should have? They certainly didn't play well enough to win.

Because we downright collapsed in the second half - only managing six points in it, while the Cowboys surged to close the gap. If not for a pair of long fingers, we would've lost. I'm a fan, but I'm a realist and I personally thought the Giants did not deserve to win that game - that they were indeed lucky to have.

Sarcasman
11-23-2012, 01:54 PM
Because we downright collapsed in the second half - only managing six points in it, while the Cowboys surged to close the gap. If not for a pair of long fingers, we would've lost. I'm a fan, but I'm a realist and I personally thought the Giants did not deserve to win that game - that they were indeed lucky to have.

Yeah, I don't buy into that.

Both teams were crappy, the difference was when. The Giants were crappy in the second half, the Cowboys in the first half. I'm not saying the Giants significantly outplayed Dallas and therefore deserved the game hands down. I'm saying both teams were crap, neither team really earned anything in that game and if the hole the Cowboys dug in the first half was too deep to climb out of, too bad.

But I reject completely the idea that Dallas somehow deserved to win the game or that the Giants were lucky to win. Sometimes bing one play less crappy gets you a win in this league. Every team gets them. You take 'em and you move on.

Traviud
11-23-2012, 03:06 PM
I'm a Skins fan that has been lurking here off and on for about 5 years, but with next week's game being so significant, I figured I would be spending more time here for a little bit. I have few qualms with this thread (yeah RG3 is playing great and yeah Skins fans are excited, can't argue with that), but there were a couple of points I wanted to make:

It's a league of adjustments. He's a very good player but also a rookie so he's benefiting from being unknown like many first year QBs have before him.

I'm pretty sure that once he gets known a bit more around the league, defenses will adapt. Let's not start preparing for the induction into Canton for a QB whose numbers currently put him squarely in the middle of the pack.

Unless you're basing this statement on ESPN's QBR, there is nothing "middle of the pack" about RG3's stats. His team's overall performance, certainly, but not his stats. A 16 TD, 4 INT season after 11 games is astounding. I'm not going to bother making the "he's a rookie" qualification because it's unnecessary: anyone throwing 4 times as many TDs as INTs is on their way to a pro bowl (expanding that to include fumbles doesn't make a difference either; he's only lost two fumbles this season, meaning that he gives up a turnover of any kind about once every other game). There has also been much talk about RG3 being a checkdown passer, which is also inaccurate: he leads the league in touchdown passes over 30 yards (9). But he is still insanely accurate: tied for 3rd in completion percentage. In addition, he has the league's 4th highest passer rating, leading such highly lauded QBs as Drew Brees and Matt Ryan. Sure, he's 14th in yards (after playing an extra game), but the Skins are still a run-first team; RG3 has the highest yards per attempt in the league.

These are not "middle of the pack" stats in any sense.

I really hope the Skins dont make the playoffs. They havent been good in forever and their fans are already ****y. I literally went over there to their MB just to congratulate them on their recent victories and they jumped down my throat with smack talk.

I frequent extremeskins and saw the thread you made, and frankly you're blowing this a bit out of proportion over a couple of idiots. They were tools, I don't know what happened there; a couple others chided them for it anyway.

Really didn't mean for my first post to come across as a plug for RG3 or something, but it's difficult to find anything negative to say about the guy. I look forward to good conversation with you guys and I hope the upcoming Skins/Giants game is injury-free.

GMENAGAIN
11-23-2012, 03:10 PM

Meh, watch the guy play and tell me that he has been a middle-of-the-pack QB this year . . . . I'm not ready to put him in Canton yet, but the guy is a star. Denying that is just silly . . . .

Sarcasman
11-23-2012, 04:11 PM
I'm a Skins fan that has been lurking here off and on for about 5 years, but with next week's game being so significant, I figured I would be spending more time here for a little bit. I have few qualms with this thread (yeah RG3 is playing great and yeah Skins fans are excited, can't argue with that), but there were a couple of points I wanted to make:

Unless you're basing this statement on ESPN's QBR, there is nothing "middle of the pack" about RG3's stats. His team's overall performance, certainly, but not his stats. A 16 TD, 4 INT season after 11 games is astounding. I'm not going to bother making the "he's a rookie" qualification because it's unnecessary: anyone throwing 4 times as many TDs as INTs is on their way to a pro bowl (expanding that to include fumbles doesn't make a difference either; he's only lost two fumbles this season, meaning that he gives up a turnover of any kind about once every other game). There has also been much talk about RG3 being a checkdown passer, which is also inaccurate: he leads the league in touchdown passes over 30 yards (9). But he is still insanely accurate: tied for 3rd in completion percentage. In addition, he has the league's 4th highest passer rating, leading such highly lauded QBs as Drew Brees and Matt Ryan. Sure, he's 14th in yards (after playing an extra game), but the Skins are still a run-first team; RG3 has the highest yards per attempt in the league.

These are not "middle of the pack" stats in any sense.

I frequent extremeskins and saw the thread you made, and frankly you're blowing this a bit out of proportion over a couple of idiots. They were tools, I don't know what happened there; a couple others chided them for it anyway.

Really didn't mean for my first post to come across as a plug for RG3 or something, but it's difficult to find anything negative to say about the guy. I look forward to good conversation with you guys and I hope the upcoming Skins/Giants game is injury-free.

You're welcome to your opinion, brother. He looks very, very good and based on how he's played this year, he looks like he may be the real deal.

That said there have been plenty of other QBs who hit the ground running, had great rookie campaigns and then settled in. At this point it's too early to tell where he'll settle. So you can rank him wherever you want. We've gone over QB stats and ranking on tis board forever, the fact is that they're mostly subjective and there is no clearly defined unambiguous way of rating QBs, both passer rating and QBR are contrived garbage created by a brainless media's attempt to label and dumb down the game so any pedestrian moron can pretend to understand it.

My point remains, 11 games into his career, I'm not dusting off a shelf in Canton for him just yet. I know, it's an outrageous position to hold.

Sarcasman
11-23-2012, 04:14 PM
Meh, watch the guy play and tell me that he has been a middle-of-the-pack QB this year . . . . I'm not ready to put him in Canton yet, but the guy is a star. Denying that is just silly . . . .

Almost as silly as anointing him a star after 11 games? Guilty as charged.

Since when is letting an extremely talented QB get a few years under his belt before anointing him?

Ntegrase96
11-23-2012, 04:22 PM
You're welcome to your opinion, brother. He looks very, very good and based on how he's played this year, he looks like he may be the real deal.

That said there have been plenty of other QBs who hit the ground running, had great rookie campaigns and then settled in. At this point it's too early to tell where he'll settle. So you can rank him wherever you want. We've gone over QB stats and ranking on tis board forever, the fact is that they're mostly subjective and there is no clearly defined unambiguous way of rating QBs, both passer rating and QBR are contrived garbage created by a brainless media's attempt to label and dumb down the game so any pedestrian moron can pretend to understand it.

My point remains, 11 games into his career, I'm not dusting off a shelf in Canton for him just yet. I know, it's an outrageous position to hold.

Not outrageous. I mean who knows how good he'll end up being. But I myself haven't questioned how good RGIII is. It's his combination of poise and intelligence with freakish abilities. There may be something he's weak against, but I have a hard time believing that he won't be smart or hardworking enough to overcome it. But again, that's just my opinion.

I would have much rather had Andrew Luck in the division.

GMENAGAIN
11-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Almost as silly as anointing him a star after 11 games? Guilty as charged.

Since when is letting an extremely talented QB get a few years under his belt before anointing him?

If you don't think that the guy is a star, then you are the only one.

Anointing him as what? A star player? Is there some threshold level of experience that a player must have before he can be called a star?

Whether he will be an all-time great who is eligible for the HOF obviously remains to be seen. But right now, he is a star.

Sarcasman
11-23-2012, 06:28 PM
If you don't think that the guy is a star, then you are the only one.

Anointing him as what? A star player? Is there some threshold level of experience that a player must have before he can be called a star?

Whether he will be an all-time great who is eligible for the HOF obviously remains to be seen. But right now, he is a star.

Thanks for speaking for everyone.

Now that that's settled can we all agree Colin Kaepernick is a star?

GMENAGAIN
11-23-2012, 09:15 PM

Now that that's settled can we all agree Colin Kaepernick is a star?

No need for me to speak for everyone else. The silence in this thread in support of your position speaks for itself.

Yes, what Kaepernick did in one game is the exact same thing as what RGIII has done in 11. Excellent logic.

BurnerNYG
11-23-2012, 11:25 PM

Now that that's settled can we all agree Colin Kaepernick is a star?You're an absolute nut if you don't think RG3 is a stud... either that or just a hater. Who are you comparing him to... Cam? I for one still believes in Newton. I think that organization, coaching staff and supporting cast are just that downright pathetic. Besides, Newton started off fast last year and as the season progressed his passing stats went down and his running stats picked up. Is he ever gonna regain his confidence, that remains to be seen but that team's piss poor record doesn't squarely fall on his shoulders.

Now back to RG3, I don't know if you watched him play (seems like you haven't) but the kid just simply doesn't get rattled. If his receivers continue catching the ball like they did yesterday and his Oline does their part in protection, they will be in every ball game til the end. I liked Cam last year but the difference between him and RG3, Griffin has that uncanny ability to make players around him better... he's a natural born leader whereas Newton still has a lot of maturing to do.

Sarcasman
11-25-2012, 11:57 AM
No need for me to speak for everyone else. The silence in this thread in support of your position speaks for itself.

Yes, what Kaepernick did in one game is the exact same thing as what RGIII has done in 11. Excellent logic.

I thought it was questionable too but given your propensity for authoritative absolutes, it seemed pointless to argue with you.

Sarcasman
11-25-2012, 12:06 PM
You're an absolute nut if you don't think RG3 is a stud... either that or just a hater. Who are you comparing him to... Cam? I for one still believes in Newton. I think that organization, coaching staff and supporting cast are just that downright pathetic. Besides, Newton started off fast last year and as the season progressed his passing stats went down and his running stats picked up. Is he ever gonna regain his confidence, that remains to be seen but that team's piss poor record doesn't squarely fall on his shoulders.

Now back to RG3, I don't know if you watched him play (seems like you haven't) but the kid just simply doesn't get rattled. If his receivers continue catching the ball like they did yesterday and his Oline does their part in protection, they will be in every ball game til the end. I liked Cam last year but the difference between him and RG3, Griffin has that uncanny ability to make players around him better... he's a natural born leader whereas Newton still has a lot of maturing to do.

I haven't said anything terrible about the guy; nor do I hate the kid. Re-read what I actually said.

I guess my age causes me to look at things differently than the current over obsession with live feed over-analysis. I've been a Giants fan for over 40 years and I've seen far too much in this league to declare anything about any players after less than one season. It just ain't enough time.

Apparently pointing out that he isn't now nor may not be the next greatest living QB ever in the history of the NFL makes one a hater.

That's cool. I'll start working on my new I hate RGIII user name and avatar immediately.

Parademon
11-25-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm with ya Sarcasman. I don't annoint anyone a future HOF based on less than a full season. DC's will figure him out next yr.

GMENAGAIN
11-25-2012, 12:29 PM
I'm with ya Sarcasman. I don't annoint anyone a future HOF based on less than a full season. DC's will figure him out next yr.

Who anointed him as a future HOFer in this thread?

BurnerNYG
11-25-2012, 04:05 PM
I'm with ya Sarcasman. I don't annoint anyone a future HOF based on less than a full season. DC's will figure him out next yr.Like they figured out Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees... BRILLIANT! I didn't know he was a Rubic's cube? Maybe Griffin has a brain and he'll figure them out... ever thought of that?

Parademon
11-25-2012, 05:44 PM
He runs more than Rogers/Brees do & they ain't winning no SB with that BS college option play. But if it helps you sleep better at night thinking that they will, more power to ya.

GMENAGAIN
11-25-2012, 06:23 PM
He runs more than Rogers/Brees do & they ain't winning no SB with that BS college option play. But if it helps you sleep better at night thinking that they will, more power to ya.

Very insightful analysis.

BurnerNYG
11-26-2012, 02:39 AM
He runs more than Rogers/Brees do & they ain't winning no SB with that BS college option play. But if it helps you sleep better at night thinking that they will, more power to ya.Since you're psychic, can you please tell me if I'll ever be wealthy? I'm not gonna sit here and defend the Redskins QB, although I love watching him play, but that offense they're running is more than just some option offense. Yeah, they got option plays in their playbook but RG3 is such an intelligent, unselfish player that he knows how to execute those plays. They're running the ball well and spreading the field and even when Griffin runs, he's looking for an open man. He also delivers the ball with pinpoint accuracy. Last year I thought Newton was good but he's no where near as good as this kid is. He went 14/15 against the Eagles and he rarely throws a pick... that's incredible for a rookie. Ok rant's over... dropped the mic, the floor is yours.

AustinSkin
11-30-2012, 07:16 PM
The skeptics and haters have been predicting "rookie walls" and "sophomore slumps" for RGIII. I see no evidence of it. He is grounded, focused and ready to learn more. Let's forget about his athleticism, that's a given. He has uncanny intelligence and leadership skills. He views each matchup as a "chess game" in his own words. Study your opponent, and adapt your game plan to exploit their weaknesses. I'm pretty sure I haven't seen anyone quite like him. He will develop into a Peyton Manning with mad athletic skills.

Eliscruzzz
11-30-2012, 07:18 PM
The skeptics and haters have been predicting "rookie walls" and "sophomore slumps" for RGIII. I see no evidence of it. He is grounded, focused and ready to learn more. Let's forget about his athleticism, that's a given. He has uncanny intelligence and leadership skills. He views each matchup as a "chess game" in his own words. Study your opponent, and adapt your game plan to exploit their weaknesses. I'm pretty sure I haven't seen anyone quite like him. He will develop into a Peyton Manning with mad athletic skills.skeptics and haters??? I have heard nothing but praise for the guy....they are already calling him the best quarterback in the NFCE and is getting serious consideration for MVP.

Redskins4eva
11-30-2012, 07:50 PM
skeptics and haters??? I have heard nothing but praise for the guy....they are already calling him the best quarterback in the NFCE and is getting serious consideration for MVP.

Yea, if there are skeptics and haters, it seems to be coming from fans of other teams. It's definately not coming from the media. They love RG3.

Eliscruzzz
11-30-2012, 07:52 PM
Yea, if there are skeptics and haters, it seems to be coming from fans of other teams. It's definately not coming from the media. They love RG3.Do you blame them the guy is a pain in the *** and smug...

Redskins4eva
11-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Do you blame them the guy is a pain in the *** and smug...

I wouldnt call RG3 smug. Confident, yes, but not smug at all.

Pain in the *** to opposing defenses? Heck yea!

AustinSkin
11-30-2012, 09:09 PM
skeptics and haters??? I have heard nothing but praise for the guy....they are already calling him the best quarterback in the NFCE and is getting serious consideration for MVP.

RGIII is only in the conversation for MVP if he can run the table and get deep into the playoffs. I think we can all agree that's a very tall order. I think it would be safe to say that he is in the conversation for ROY.