PDA

View Full Version : Do the Giants win.. yes or no?

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-21-2011, 02:29 AM
Plain and simple....no need for a short novel about FA signings, busts, or job terminations..</P>

Do the New York Football Giants win against the Jets?</P>

</P>

My answer...</P>

No.</P>

</P>

egyptian420
12-21-2011, 02:31 AM
yes.....with a miracle

YATittle1962
12-21-2011, 02:37 AM
Im putting myself out there and saying we win this game 23 21

harrycarson
12-21-2011, 02:45 AM
I really think we win this one only because it is a big game and Coughlin and CO. seem to always seem to avoid the knockout blow by some miracle. Get ready for a knock out, drag out, game of the year...Gmen=24......Jets=21...

Firenugget
12-21-2011, 06:31 AM
I'll say yes. Why the hell not? The Jets haven't exactly been lighting it up themselves.

I'll say 38-21 Giants.

jomo
12-21-2011, 08:05 AM
Giants 31-20 for no reason other than I am an optomist, some would say an extreme optomist. Go Blue!

PIERCEnumber58rules
12-21-2011, 08:13 AM
I'll say yes, but I won't be shocked if we lose since our defense couldn't stop a high school offense from lighting them up. I expect Sanchez to have the best game of his career, passing for 320+ yards and having a high completion %.

TheEnigma
12-21-2011, 08:13 AM
No but it'll be a close one.

Hope I have crow to eat on this statement.

SIMMS5611
12-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Yes, and not only will they win; they will dominate, &amp; the Giants will win this game convincingly.</P>

NYG 45 - NYJ 17</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=5>GO BIG BLUE!</FONT></P>

hadenough
12-21-2011, 08:43 AM
Plain and simple....no need for a short novel about FA signings, busts, or job terminations..</p>

Do the New York Football Giants win against the Jets?</p>

</p>

My answer...</p>

No.</p>

</p>

No...they lose their last 2.

bandwgn86
12-21-2011, 08:55 AM
I'll go with no. If they were playing at home it would be different..............

BklynBlue
12-21-2011, 08:55 AM
No heart! I say rex has the Jets better prepared and we take a loss!

buddy33
12-21-2011, 09:05 AM
Leaning towards no because for the last two years the Jets have been a great second half team where the Giants are not. When their backs are against the wall the Jets are good and in the same situation the Giants collapse.

Another thing that is never good is finger pointing and a diveded locker room. This team looks defeated when one single play doesn't go their way. When Nicks dropped that ball it looked like the entire team just gave up.

I can't say 100% no though because of Eli. Last Sunday was probably the worst game of the season for him. I'm hoping that it was just bad timing and the good Eli shows up big time this week.

domfin
12-21-2011, 09:14 AM
No, it's over for this year.

davmac2BB
12-21-2011, 09:24 AM
Plain and simple....no need for a short novel about FA signings, busts, or job terminations..</p>

</p>

My answer...</p>

No.</p>

</p>

Not only do I think and know they will lose, I'm actually hoping that they lose. It's time for the Tom Coughlin Era to end, and a loss Saturday will sting, but in the end it will be the beginning of something better.

Tom, Kevin and Perry have to go!

galaxy10
12-21-2011, 09:42 AM
Yes we win and then win over the Cowboys. I believe in Eli.

TopleyBird
12-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Yes. No reason really. Just yeah

NJBLUEBLOOD
12-21-2011, 01:34 PM
no but every time I thought that, they won....so yes.....wait, no

Roosevelt
12-21-2011, 01:40 PM

</p>

My answer...</p>

No.</p>

</p>

Yes. I believe we are the better team despite how poorly we have played.

TroyArcher
12-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Before Ballard got hurt I would say Yes as the Jets can not cover a TE. As he is out I will say No as I do not see us taking adavantage of their glaring weakness in middle coverage. I can see Cruz having a big day if they put Revis on Nicks. Giants will need to put up 30+ to win and I think the Jets will blitz enough to prevent that. I don't even want to watch the Jets marching up and down the field all day, their fans doing the stupid J-E-T-S chant, their flying Jets clebration and most of all Fireman ******bag. I hope I am wrong but I do not have a good feeling.

trenken311
12-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Ugh, hard to pick. 2 crappy teams facing off to keep their playoff hopes alive, even though both look exactly like 1 and done playoff type teams, so it's really kind of pointless to pick. Whoever does get in will not last very long.

Yksgntsrule
12-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Yes! And the Cowboys win so it all comes down to next week and we can finally bury the EGIRLS 27-13 FINAL D finally shows up

Tony Bruno
12-21-2011, 03:55 PM
No... Rex will have the Jets so fired up for this game and I doubt we will match that intesity... Sad as I am to say it but a true fan can knows their team...

Jets want to rule NY and Ill bet thier play wil show it... Knowing they have Revis and AC, KK will probably have us throwing the ball 35-45 times.. Guarenteed...

burier
12-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Our Defense is guttless and especially poor against weak Quarterbacks.

I expect Sanchez to do whatever he wants against our three man rush and leading yet another embarassing defeat. We've lost 7 games this season and 5 of them have been embarassing. Saturday will be the 6th time we're embarassed.

I'll watch the game but I will sadly turn it off as soon as it becomes apparent that the Giants aren't competing and that will be somewhere around 5 minutes to go in the first quarter.

The team has no pride and has completely let me down. I am so dissapointed. I'm actually disgusted.

Remember how we let the freakin Panthers chased us out and then shut down Giants stadium?

I'm not gonna sit here and be passionate about a team that isn't even passionate about playing. And Honestly I'm not sure if I can take Perry Fewell's three man rush any longer. At this point I feel like he's doing it on purpose just to spite me.

Every time I see the three man rush I want to cause bodily harm to him.

My blood pressure is sent through the roof and Perry Fewell is actually causing my health to deteriorate.

defensively we are soft, lazy and stupid.

We lose by at least 3 tds.

The Big Blue27
12-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Yes, 27 -20.

egyptian420
12-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Our Defense is guttless and especially poor against weak Quarterbacks.

I expect Sanchez to do whatever he wants against our three man rush and leading yet another embarassing defeat. We've lost 7 games this season and 5 of them have been embarassing. Saturday will be the 6th time we're embarassed.

I'll watch the game but I will sadly turn it off as soon as it becomes apparent that the Giants aren't competing and that will be somewhere around 5 minutes to go in the first quarter.

The team has no pride and has completely let me down. I am so dissapointed. I'm actually disgusted.

Remember how we let the freakin Panthers chased us out and then shut down Giants stadium?

I'm not gonna sit here and be passionate about a team that isn't even passionate about playing. And Honestly I'm not sure if I can take Perry Fewell's three man rush any longer. At this point I feel like he's doing it on purpose just to spite me.

Every time I see the three man rush I want to cause bodily harm to him.

My blood pressure is sent through the roof and Perry Fewell is actually causing my health to deteriorate.

defensively we are soft, lazy and stupid.

We lose by at least 3 tds.
As negative as this sounds, it all sounds like the undeniable truth....so pathetic what we've come to. I agree, we need a whole renovation of this coaching staff and a handful of players that are a cancer too this team.

I can't completely say we're finished because a win here can motivate us to beat the cowboys but it's really a long shot considering how poorly we've been playing on defense.

egyptian420
12-21-2011, 04:37 PM
I'll say yes, but I won't be shocked if we lose since our defense couldn't stop a high school offense from lighting them up. I expect Sanchez to have the best game of his career, passing for 320+ yards and having a high completion %.
this

VBGiantsFan
12-21-2011, 04:38 PM
No. The Jets defense is vulnerable against a fast shifty runner (we have none) and good against powerful hard runners (Bradshaw and Jacobs). Their defense matches up extremely well against great WRs (we have 3) and poor against TE (Ballard is injured).

Their offense is great when they can run the ball effectively (we have a poor run defense) and love to run slants into the zone (that's all we play).

Sanchez is poor when being pressured (but we don't do that with the exception of JPP) and are especially vulnerable against their right tackle (JPP plays on the bindside against Ferguson, a probowler).

Basically, while there are match ups we could exploit, even if our offense plays as well as their, their defense is significantly better than ours, and in this kind of game, that will win out.

Unfortunately we just are not a good team this year on defense and there is nothing to show that will change miraculously on Sunday.

Gianthunter
12-21-2011, 04:40 PM
<FONT size=6>NO</FONT><FONT size=3> For the third year the defense has already quit and secured their tee times.</FONT>

SIMMS5611
12-21-2011, 04:40 PM
this
</P>

</P>

Opposite of this...</P>

I expect JPP to get his mitts all over Sanchez, &amp; have him quivering and fidgeting like a scared rabbit.</P>

BOOK IT.</P>

egyptian420
12-21-2011, 04:54 PM
this
</p>

</p>

Opposite of this...</p>

I expect JPP to get his mitts all over Sanchez, &amp; have him quivering and fidgeting like a scared rabbit.</p>

BOOK IT.</p>
I'd give you this point if JPP consistently beat double teams, played LB, CB and S

SIMMS5611
12-21-2011, 04:57 PM
this
</P>

</P>

Opposite of this...</P>

I expect JPP to get his mitts all over Sanchez, &amp; have him quivering and fidgeting like a scared rabbit.</P>

BOOK IT.</P>

I'd give you this point if JPP consistently beat double teams, played LB, CB and S
</P>

</P>

If they double him, it's just an opportunity for someone else to get in there.</P>

Plus, I think JPP will bust thru some, not all, but some double teams.</P>

egyptian420
12-21-2011, 05:46 PM
this
</p>

</p>

Opposite of this...</p>

I expect JPP to get his mitts all over Sanchez, &amp; have him quivering and fidgeting like a scared rabbit.</p>

BOOK IT.</p>

</p>

</p>

If they double him, it's just an opportunity for someone else to get in there.</p>

Plus, I think JPP will bust thru some, not all, but some double teams.</p>
Yea...that hasn't helped us much the past few games. It's been either JPP gets the sack by beating his double team, or no sacks at all. Furthermore, our secondary and LB's are playing like trash.

I think if we win this game it'll be like the cowboys game, a 35-32 final result or something like that. I think they'll score atleast 25 points on us for sure. Maybe 24 by halftime, who knows. If thats the case they might score 40+ on us.

JMFP2
12-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Plain and simple....no need for a short novel about FA signings, busts, or job terminations..</P>

*</P>

My answer...</P>

No.</P>

*</P>

The most likely answer: No.

Last Sunday, I saw no leadership and hustle on the field, a lack of imagination and courage from Gilbride and Fewell, and finally, a lack of Coughlin doing anything to step in.

The only way we can win:

#1 - Sanchez will need to be extremely inaccurate.
#2 - Eli will need to have a great game.
#3 - Coughlin will need to do something I haven't seen all season - overrule his assistants in order to jumpstart both sides of the ball.

I think Sanchez will be good enough to beat the Giants pathetic defense, and I don't think Eli will have enough time at the end of the game to pull them out of the quicksand Gilbride puts the offense in.

If the Giants come out with the same stale **** they showed against the Redksins.....
Jets 34, Giants 10.

But.....if the Giants come out with a "Foxboro" attitude, including a more aggressive defensive gameplan.....
Giants 38 Jets 17.

PIERCEnumber58rules
12-21-2011, 06:38 PM
this
</P>

*</P>

Opposite of this...</P>

I expect JPP to get his mitts all over Sanchez, & have him quivering and fidgeting like a scared rabbit.</P>

BOOK IT.</P>

</P>

*</P>

If they double him, it's just an opportunity for someone else to get in there.</P>

LOL, so who's going to bust thru? Canty? Tuck? Not gonna happen. This defense IS JPP. The rest of the guys should seriously be ashamed and embarrassesed to accept a paycheck, especially our DBs.

JMFP2
12-21-2011, 06:40 PM
this
</P>

*</P>

Opposite of this...</P>

I expect JPP to get his mitts all over Sanchez, & have him quivering and fidgeting like a scared rabbit.</P>

BOOK IT.</P>

</P>

*</P>

LOL, so who's going to bust thru? Canty? Tuck? Not gonna happen. This defense IS JPP. The rest of the guys should seriously be ashamed and embarrassesed to accept a paycheck, especially our DBs.

Fewell will waste the double team by dropping another pass rusher back into soft zone, so they can watch passes whizz by their ears and into the hands of whomever is wide open over the middle.

JMFP2
12-21-2011, 06:41 PM
this
</P>

*</P>

Opposite of this...</P>

BOOK IT.</P>

</P>

*</P>

Fewell will waste the double team by dropping another pass rusher back into soft zone, so they can watch passes whizz by their ears and into the hands of whomever is wide open over the middle.

GmanSenior
12-21-2011, 06:51 PM
No way in Hades we win. The Jets have players who step up in big games - especially on defense. We have a lot of guys with big mouths and reputations that just keep making the same mistakes over and over again. I've been saying 4-6 wins since August. They got 7 so I guess I should be happy with that.

jetstream66
12-21-2011, 07:27 PM
Im thinking this is going to be a very ugly but close game. Of course I think the jets win though

NYG4ME
12-21-2011, 08:04 PM
You betcha we do... Giants 34 Jets 18. Dominant on both sides of the ball... We should stay consistent with being the most Bi-polar team in the NFL.

daynemustgo
12-21-2011, 08:11 PM
heart says hell yes. head says no chance. bottom line...no idea.

egyptian420
12-21-2011, 08:16 PM
heart says hell yes. head says no chance. bottom line...no idea.
yuuup

byron
12-21-2011, 09:57 PM
maybe.....</P>

we all have seen this team hang in and beat some damn good teams this year....</P>

Mr Excitement
12-21-2011, 10:05 PM
No....defense will make Sanchez look like Aaron Rodgers..Eli will keep it close though.

jetstream66
12-21-2011, 10:11 PM
No....defense will make Sanchez look like Aaron Rodgers..Eli will keep it close though.

mark sanchez can make mark sanchez look like browning nagle

VBGiantsFan
12-21-2011, 10:16 PM

mark sanchez can make mark sanchez look like browning nagle

True, but I think the Jets will just bring a steady dose of Sean Greene and Ladainian Tomlinson (no way I'll ever call him LT), and then the Giants are done.

ELI_Iz_God
12-22-2011, 02:02 AM
Nope....this is the game that TC seals his fate...however on a brighter note..JPP will once again show why he's the best Defensive player we have.

NJ10
12-22-2011, 08:56 AM
I can not believe all of the negativity. The Jets offense is bad, Sanchez is a turnover machine. Hunter is the worst tackle in the league and JPP is going to eat him for lunch. Eli will once again but this team on his back and carry them to victory.(If his receivers can hang onto the ball). It hurts not having Ballard because opposing TE's have really hurt the Jets defense. We will still win this game convincingly, i say like 34-17.

53canton
12-22-2011, 09:14 AM
I dont think the Giants win, just too many injuries to coverup. Too many rookies on the field on D. Fewell blows. No Osi, hurt Tuck. No CB's.
I cant even imagine the score right now.

mattpl908
12-22-2011, 05:23 PM
i want to say yes just so rexy rex can shut up

JMGGIANTS
12-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Giants 27-17

JMFP2
12-22-2011, 05:30 PM
I can not believe all of the negativity.* The Jets offense is bad, Sanchez is a turnover machine. Hunter is the worst tackle in the league and JPP is going to eat him for lunch. Eli will once again but this team on his back and carry them to victory.(If his receivers can hang onto the ball). It hurts not having Ballard because opposing TE's have really hurt the Jets defense. We will still win this game convincingly, i say like 34-17.*

There isn't a team in the NFL that would have a problem moving the ball against the Giants, and therefore, the negativity.

I'll be rooting for the G-Men, but this defense is one great player surrounded by 10 losers.

Cowboys Fan From Asia
12-22-2011, 05:52 PM
Giants will win, 30-23.

UK-Giantsfan
12-22-2011, 06:04 PM
i think we actually will win this game against the Jets ......and then totally capitulate against Dallas next week at home ( who will be coming off a loss to Philly )

i just cant see us winning 2 games in a row ......sadly ( i hope im wrong )

GMENAGAIN
12-22-2011, 06:09 PM
Sadly, no.

BeatTHEJETS
12-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Hi HATERS, WHERE U AT NOW!
BELIEVE!
90 percent of you picked the jets. Disgusting.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-24-2011, 06:36 PM
BELIEVE!
Yes, i picked the jets bc of how this team played all year. back and forth. How is that disgusting? I rooted for the giants all game and was happy when they pulled it out..lemme guess youre a complete homer and always expect the giants to win. I was a homer like you until 3 seasons of inconsistency, horrible coaching, and half hearted players. I picked the jets bc I thought rex ryan would prepare them better for this game. When the game is on the line, with previous years as evidence, we come out flat. is that wrong I picked the jets, no, am I wrong..yes...but i never didnt want the giants to lose or rooted against them..it was an honest opinion. When we played the saints I thought we were going to lose too. Thats the truth, so give it a rest with that homer stuff calling people out for thinking the jets would win. The giants inconsistencies led fans to believe that the jets would come in more prepared.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-24-2011, 06:36 PM
BELIEVE!
Yes, i picked the jets bc of how this team played all year. back and forth. How is that disgusting? I rooted for the giants all game and was happy when they pulled it out..lemme guess youre a complete homer and always expect the giants to win. I was a homer like you until 3 seasons of inconsistency, horrible coaching, and half hearted players. I picked the jets bc I thought rex ryan would prepare them better for this game. When the game is on the line, with previous years as evidence, we come out flat. is that wrong I picked the jets, no, am I wrong..yes...but i never didnt want the giants to lose or rooted against them..it was an honest opinion. When we played the saints I thought we were going to lose too. Thats the truth, so give it a rest with that homer stuff calling people out for thinking the jets would win. The giants inconsistencies led fans to believe that the jets would come in more prepared.

BeatTHEJETS
12-24-2011, 06:43 PM
you probably were a non believer when they won the sb too.. hey were making the playoffs this year i guarentee it, with or without u.
And dont call me a homer because i believe my team is better than the jets no question.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-24-2011, 06:52 PM
you probably were a non believer when they won the sb too.. hey were making the playoffs this year i guarentee it, with or without u.
And dont call me a homer because i believe my team is better than the jets no question.

Haha yes cause you know me so well bro. Good thing I know posters like you so well, they come every year after a giants big win, stick around for a little and then disappear... so good luck in your experience hear with that attitude. And I hope you got your NY Giants one piece Pajama for xmas that you will sport ever so proudly!! Go Giants!!

sc_markt
12-24-2011, 06:53 PM

*</P>

My answer...</P>

No.</P>

*</P>

We won in spite of being handicapped by two bad calls by the Jets refs. I still can't believe they ruled the fumble where the Jets player elbow hit the foot of a Giants player jarring the ball lose before his elbow touched the ground a non-fumble.

BeatTHEJETS
12-24-2011, 06:57 PM
And I Hope You got your big jets logo and jets pampers for xmas, mr eliisfranchise.
And ye i did sign up for this forum just to anwser to your post and all you fans who doubted us.
Have you ruled them to lose for the cowboys game yet?