PDA

View Full Version : Winning and losing depends on pass rush this week.

53canton
12-21-2011, 08:28 AM
If we sack Sanchez and pressure him all day, he'll make mistakes. Dont make this guy look like an all-star!

TuckYou
12-21-2011, 09:35 AM
My take on what we will think.

Mark Sanchez is not an elite QB therefore there is no need to use the pass rush much. Just send a 3 to 4 man pass rush and sit everyone else back in coverage.

sunsgiants
12-21-2011, 09:39 AM
We'll probably end up making Sanchez look like Marino by the end of the game.

GameTime
12-21-2011, 09:41 AM
If we sack Sanchez and pressure him all day, he'll make mistakes. Dont make this guy look like an all-star!</P>

the only pass rush we have is JPP. NO ones lese is even getting close most of the time cept for maybe Tollefson here and there.</P>

The Giants dont do corner or LB blitzes much any more either. If Sanchez stays up right Dustin Keller will kill them in the middle. Lots of 3rd down conversions again vs the Giants D...</P>

Eli and the offense will have to put up over 24 points AND Eli cant throw any pics either.....</P>

Gianthunter
12-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Unlike the Giants. The Jets have somewhat of a run game.

nihan87
12-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Unlike the Giants. The Jets have somewhat of a run game.</P>

</P>

...yeah because whenever it gets going, they abandon it lately. Stupid playcalling. </P>

jakegibbs
12-21-2011, 09:47 AM
If we sack Sanchez and pressure him all day, he'll make mistakes. Dont make this guy look like an all-star!

They don't blitz anymore so don't expect any pass rush.

Vtgmenfan89
12-21-2011, 10:24 AM
My take on what we will think.

Mark Sanchez is not an elite QB therefore there is no need to use the pass rush much. Just send a 3 to 4 man pass rush and sit everyone else back in coverage.

I missed your first sentence and was about to burn you for thinking the 2nd part of your statement...but you're absolutely right. That's what will happen, what this staff will think and we will make Sanchez look like Brady out there. Not to mention Plax is probably telling Rex everything there is to know about Gilbride's 8 plays that he's NOT going to change even taking that into consideration. This team has ****ing terrible coaching and it shows this year especially. Fewell will just let Sanchez get comfortable when he is a mistake prone QB under pressure.

Mr Excitement
12-21-2011, 12:41 PM

Most likely..

53canton
12-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Well if you guys are correct, and we dont get to Sanchez like the rest of the league has been able to, then Fewell should be fired on the spot!!!

B-Red22
12-21-2011, 05:16 PM
isn't this true for every game we play?

JMFP2
12-21-2011, 05:18 PM

I think your logic is fine.

But, I've TOTALLY GIVEN UP on this defense.

The only way the Giants win is if Eli has a great game and Sanchez is off.....and the latter will have nothing to do with our spineless defense.

53canton
12-21-2011, 05:18 PM

Of course, but its backs to the wall time. They should throw the kitchen sink at Sanchez.

Take no prisoners time!!

JMFP2
12-21-2011, 05:19 PM

Most likely..

Sanchez > Charlie Whitehurst.
Sanchez > Vince Young
Sanchez > Rex Grossman.

JMFP2
12-21-2011, 05:20 PM

Of course, but its backs to the wall time. They should throw the kitchen sink at Sanchez.

Take no prisoners time!!

I agree.

But, expect a 3 man rush, soft zone, and a lot of fingerpointing in the secondary.

53canton
12-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Look man, you dont know they will do that again. Fewell has to make changes that arent working. Its common sense.

JMFP2
12-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Look man, you dont know they will do that again. Fewell has to make changes that arent working. Its common sense.

Common sense was nowhere to be found v. Rex Grossman.....twice.

I'm just a casual fan, and this season, I said (twice) that Rex Grossman is not the QB you try to stop with zone, especially the exact same zone schemes that his old coach, Lovie Smith, ran when he spent years with the Bears.

The only thing Rex Grossman has going for him is excellent accuracy in the pocket.......so Fewell schemed a defense - TWICE - that played to the strength of his opponent.

3rd and 17....3 man rush.....case closed on Fewell in my book.

The season is riding on Eli Manning. Fewell is ****ing useless. Let's hope Gilbride doesn't take more than 3 quarters to let Eli be Eli.

Sarcasman
12-21-2011, 05:27 PM

Why would we start that now?

And who is going to apply this pressure? Tuck? Osi?

Please.

TuckYou
12-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Remember a few years ago when we were a great team, we relied on rushing the passer and running. It's no coincidence now we suck because we rely on pass coverage and throwing the ball. Our coordinators are terrible. Don't fit our system. Hard to believe only 3 years ago we had two 1000 rushers.