PDA

View Full Version : lol....."A fight to the finish"?

FBomb
11-25-2012, 11:44 PM
The commercial for next weeks Sunday night Dallas/Philly game.

miked1958
11-26-2012, 12:07 AM
Im thinking its more like they are both finished... Assuming Cam goes off on philly tomorrow night we would want them to beat dallas to make them 4-8 and knocks Dallas to 5-7... We can knock Washington to 5-7 while going to 8-4

Line Coach
11-26-2012, 12:26 AM
In a perfect world all those things would happen.

appodictic
11-26-2012, 12:32 AM
The promo should be "The game that does not matter, and we do not have the dog killer so we have to show deshawn jacksons picture here"

Moke
11-26-2012, 01:22 AM
The commercial for next weeks Sunday night Dallas/Philly game.

Dallas needs to win... but I really hope the Iggles beat them. Oh it's going to be amazing.

Line Coach
11-26-2012, 01:54 AM

TheAnalyst
11-26-2012, 12:40 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s480x480/396751_464595510253809_105454417_n.jpg

Toadofsteel
11-26-2012, 12:46 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s480x480/396751_464595510253809_105454417_n.jpg

Priceless...

G-MENBK
11-26-2012, 05:07 PM

I got a good chuckle until I realized against whom their last win was against.

miked1958
11-26-2012, 06:29 PM
I got a good chuckle until I realized against whom their last win was against.and they really should of lost that game if TC and KG didnt get greedy and go for it all which caused the Offensive PI call on Barden. Had they just checked it down to AB then they would only have 2 wins as Tynes would have drilled the easy FG attempt and we would be well on our way to another playoff berth. we would have 8 wins not if not for that blunder.

miked1958
11-26-2012, 06:31 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s480x480/396751_464595510253809_105454417_n.jpgPretty PATHETIC when you consider that Vick and McCoy were talking about how this eagles team was going to be a Dynasty... LOL. and the prior year when they had gotten all those new players they were know as the DREAM TEAM. What will they call themselves next season i wonder

Ntegrase96
11-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Dallas needs to win... but I really hope the Iggles beat them. Oh it's going to be amazing.

I'm all for beating a divisional rival, but this team should probably be playing for draft position now. Without Sean Lee and now Carter, it's not like this team would go far in the playoffs anyway.

Parademon
11-27-2012, 10:16 PM
If we finish 1 game out of the 2nd or 3rd seed, that blown win vs Philly will be the reason why. We should be 8-3 & in complete control of the NFCE & fighting for the top seed in the NFC. Blowing that 28-10 4th qt lead with 8 min left in 2010 cost us the NFCE flag & now, blowing that easy FG by stupidly throwing deep & getting Offensive PI that pushed us just out of Tynes FG range will probably cost us a higher seeding.

I'm pretty embarrassed to know we were the pathetic Eagles last win in a game we should have won. Nothing less than a complete beatdown in the rematch by a score of 45-7 will satisfy me & make amends for blowing the 1st game.

miked1958
11-27-2012, 10:21 PM
If we finish 1 game out of the 2nd or 3rd seed, that blown win vs Philly will be the reason why. We should be 8-3 & in complete control of the NFCE & fighting for the top seed in the NFC. Blowing that 28-10 4th qt lead with 8 min left in 2010 cost us the NFCE flag & now, blowing that easy FG by stupidly throwing deep & getting Offensive PI that pushed us just out of Tynes FG range will probably cost us a higher seeding.I'm pretty embarrassed to know we were the pathetic Eagles last win in a game we should have won. Nothing less than a complete beatdown in the rematch by a score of 45-7 will satisfy me & make amends for blowing the 1st game.thats the true meaning of the term "We beat ourselves" that GB always uses. We actually did lose the game but not just taking what the eagles had already yielded to us which was a winning FG attempt. We let them off the hook by trying that deep ball

gmen0820
11-27-2012, 11:09 PM
Very surprised that they didn't flex the game. Primetime games have been very bad all year. ****, play the Jets/Cardinals games if we want another "two teams that aren't making the playoffs" matchup.

Rusty192
11-27-2012, 11:23 PM
Very surprised that they didn't flex the game. Primetime games have been very bad all year. ****, play the Jets/Cardinals games if we want another "two teams that aren't making the playoffs" matchup.The Thursday night games have been abysmal...

Flip Empty
11-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Very surprised that they didn't flex the game. Primetime games have been very bad all year. ****, play the Jets/Cardinals games if we want another "two teams that aren't making the playoffs" matchup.

Agreed. I'd rather see Denver v Tampa flexed into that slot.

Parademon
11-27-2012, 11:30 PM
thats the true meaning of the term "We beat ourselves" that GB always uses. We actually did lose the game but not just taking what the eagles had already yielded to us which was a winning FG attempt. We let them off the hook by trying that deep ball

Exactly. If ever there was a game where the term " we beat ourselves" could be used, it would be this game. Already in winnable FG range, all we had to do is run the ball 2 more times for 3-4-5 yds, kick FG, game over, we're 8-3 & fighting for the #2 seed if not the #1 seed.

Rodgers12
11-27-2012, 11:41 PM
I actually dont mind Dallas anymore. Romo is a great quarterback. The guy can be a top 10 quarterback when he is on his game.

TheAnalyst
11-28-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm all for beating a divisional rival, but this team should probably be playing for draft position now. Without Sean Lee and now Carter, it's not like this team would go far in the playoffs anyway.

You would be surprised how many Giants fans were packing it in last year after we lost a boat load of players to IR. Look how that turned out. Sometimes the backups play harder and with more emotion because they are fighting for thier NFL lives.

Ntegrase96
11-28-2012, 03:39 PM
You would be surprised how many Giants fans were packing it in last year after we lost a boat load of players to IR. Look how that turned out. Sometimes the backups play harder and with more emotion because they are fighting for thier NFL lives.

Eh maybe. I'm all for the 'next man up' mentality, but we have journeymen filling in for arguably our best two defensive players this year. Without Lee and Carter, it would be pretty tough for this mediocre team to beat any playoff contenders not named the Giants (not a shot at you, we just match up well with your team). And who knows when or if the O'line and D'line will get healthy.

I've just seen the Cowboys lay down too many times in situations like these. Or in true Cowboys fashion, fight all the way back just to blow it at the end.

miked1958
11-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Eh maybe. I'm all for the 'next man up' mentality, but we have journeymen filling in for arguably our best two defensive players this year. Without Lee and Carter, it would be pretty tough for this mediocre team to beat any playoff contenders not named the Giants (not a shot at you, we just match up well with your team). And who knows when or if the O'line and D'line will get healthy.

I've just seen the Cowboys lay down too many times in situations like these. Or in true Cowboys fashion, fight all the way back just to blow it at the end.What do you think of this petition that Dallas fans are signing and sending to Pres Obama to get rid of Jerry Jones?

miked1958
11-28-2012, 04:38 PM
In a perfect world all those things would happen.Well one of my predictions happened. Cam did go off on Philly and the Eagles lost. now onto the second part of the prediction. Philly over Dallas due to the fact that they have 7 losses in a row and the odds are they win one, lol. then to the third part where we beat Washington on Monday. that would leave us at 8-4, Dallas at 5-7, skins at 5-7 and Philly at 4-8.... nice

Ntegrase96
11-28-2012, 06:25 PM
What do you think of this petition that Dallas fans are signing and sending to Pres Obama to get rid of Jerry Jones?

Hilarious. But seriously kind of sad. I mean it would probably take government intervention for that fool to release his responsibilities.

He still doesn't realize that he's the problem, and although he owns the team, the team belongs to the fans and frankly we're fed up. Some owners want to win, and some just want to make money. Jerry's appeared to want to win more than anything so he's gotten a pass from me for the most part. But really it's evident now more than ever that he's in it for the money-- he's good at that part and that's fine to some extent, but the bad thing with Jerry is that he wants all the glory, too. (insert glory hole joke here). He wants to be the person who is credited most for winning a championship by being both Owner and GM. And while Jerry can make a few good football decisions (overriding Parcells to take DeMarcus Ware), he cannot put nearly enough time in to be a successful GM and that's why he misses on player personnel more than he hits.

I think the recent success of the Rangers and Mavericks have pointed that out more than ever. Passionate ownership + intelligent general managers = championship or at least playoff appearances and success. The Cowboys do not have that.