PDA

View Full Version : The Giants need to sign Mario Williams!!!!!!!!!!!!

rickker20
12-21-2011, 11:31 AM
The Texans Mario Williams is a free agent to sign him up and trade Osi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PrideofNY
12-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Get rid of Tuck while you're at it.

repeatchamps
12-21-2011, 11:38 AM
The Texans Mario Williams is a free agent to sign him up and trade Osi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</P>

It is not set in stone either that they'll franchise him since they are playing a 3-4 under Phillips and Williams is more of a 4-3 DE from what I recall. They've been great defensively without him. Mario may actually become available. With their cap issuesthough I doubt the Giants will be able to grab him and it is of course dependent on who's staff is running this team next year.</P>

Vtgmenfan89
12-21-2011, 11:38 AM
.......JPP? Ever heard of him? Mario Williams is one of the last players we would need to sign. Tuck when he's healthy so he doesn't play like a ***** is still a dominant player. Trade Osi however makes a lot of sense and I really hope they do

thomsoad
12-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Really? Our biggest need on this team is DE?

fewellmustgo
12-21-2011, 12:50 PM
If I'm gm I dont trade Osi. Hes in a contract year and needs to play well if he wants to get any money the year after. I think he can have a year like last year because you know he wants to get paid. I would hate for that to happen for another team. He knows if he misses a lot of time hes not getting paid like he wants to so bet he dont miss a lot of time next year. We get a good DC and a healthy D-line we could be one of the better defenses next year. Put that with this offense and Giants would be hard to beat.

Kruunch
12-21-2011, 12:58 PM
The Texans Mario Williams is a free agent to sign him up and trade Osi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if we were inclined to (which we wouldn't be in the least) we couldn't afford him.

He'll command one of the biggest contracts for a DE next year.

Raptor22
12-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Why? They're going to draft a DE anyway.

(and I don't mean that derisively. There are some good DE's coming out this year: Quinton Copels, Whitney Mercilus, Melvin Ingram, Andre Branch...)

Dirt66
12-21-2011, 02:25 PM
As long as we DON"T sign Mario Manningham again, I'll be happy!!

Kase-1
12-21-2011, 02:33 PM
Id be all for getting him, he's a damned good all around DE. I feel like he's gonna cost an arm and a leg, money that I doubt we have or are willing to spend. We have a few guys currently on the roster that we're gonna have to sign at the end of this season and the next

If we can work out a long term deal with money spread out over the years then lets do it, unfortunatley I dont think thats gonna happen

NYG 5
12-21-2011, 02:41 PM
unless you want to release Eli to generate the cap room needed, it would be impossible.

i would love to have him though. his numbers have gone down a little bit, but he's a big end who uses speed and power to make plays, and not just run around the tackle like osi

Overdrive92
12-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Sorry, too "sexy" for us!

Spizi
12-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Lets do it!! Trade Osi and tuck for a first and 2nd this year and a first next year.

Then in the draft we trade our two 2nd rounders to move up into the first with 3 picks. Take Keuchcly, Kirkpatrick, and Trent Richardson.
We would be instant contenders.

NYG 5
12-21-2011, 07:34 PM
you guys think osi and tuck are worth 1st and 2nd rounders, LOL

try 3rd and 4th. the only reason the saints gave a 2nd for shockey was because payton personally liked shockey

RoanokeFan
12-21-2011, 07:39 PM
If I'm gm I dont trade Osi. Hes in a contract year and <font color="#0000FF">needs to play well</font> if he wants to get any money the year after. I think he can have a year like last year because you know he wants to get paid. I would hate for that to happen for another team. He knows if he misses a lot of time hes not getting paid like he wants to so bet he dont miss a lot of time next year. We get a good DC and a healthy D-line we could be one of the better defenses next year. Put that with this offense and Giants would be hard to beat.

How about we edit that to "he needs to play."

RoanokeFan
12-21-2011, 07:40 PM
you guys think osi and tuck are worth 1st and 2nd rounders, LOL

try 3rd and 4th. the only reason the saints gave a 2nd for shockey was because payton personally liked shockey

Osi &gt; ham sandwich
Tuck &gt; (jury still out at this time)

shotcalla39
12-21-2011, 09:50 PM

I don't think we should overpay for a DE... We need to overpay for a established top tier linebacker because we sure as hell can't draft one!

gmen0820
12-21-2011, 09:53 PM
If he comes at a discounted price because of his injury sure.

Redeyejedi
12-21-2011, 10:59 PM
Why? They're going to draft a DE anyway.

(and I don't mean that derisively. There are some good DE's coming out this year: Quinton Copels, Whitney Mercilus, Melvin Ingram, Andre Branch...)
Im not overly impressed with any of those guys as pass rushers

ny06
12-21-2011, 11:03 PM
If he comes at a discounted price because of his injury sure.</P>

That's a big IF......</P>

Williams is going to get paid, and it won't be the Giants. </P>

gmen0820
12-21-2011, 11:18 PM
If he comes at a discounted price because of his injury sure.</P>

That's a big IF......</P>

Williams is going to get paid, and it won't be the Giants. </P>Probably the case.

BallinNY
12-21-2011, 11:28 PM

we don't have the money to sign him, and Osi and Tuck are much cheaper than him at the moment anyway.

burier
12-22-2011, 03:24 PM
1) Mario Williams is overrated.

2) Mario Williams cost too much money

3) If we get rid of Tuck and Osi (please god) we have their replacements on the roster already.

gmen0820
12-22-2011, 03:55 PM

3) If we get rid of Tuck and Osi (please god) we have their replacements on the roster already.1. Williams is not overrated.

2. Agreed.

3. Who will replace them other than JPP, Kiwi?

burier
12-22-2011, 04:09 PM

3) If we get rid of Tuck and Osi (please god) we have their replacements on the roster already.1. Williams is not overrated.

2. Agreed.

Oh sure he's overrated. He was the number 1 pick in the draft when Reggie Bush was on the board.

The most sacks he's gotten in a season is 14.

Justin Tuck's career high is 12 but he was taken in the 3rd round.

Williams got 22 tackles and 8.5 sackes in 13 games last season.

That like 2 games worth of production from JPP.

If you look at where he was drafted he's just a couple takles short being a flat out bust.

And I'm fine with JPP and Kiwi and End. Also I believe that Sintim will shine at end

NWKEffectElement
12-22-2011, 04:14 PM

2. Agreed.

You already answered #3. I would resign Tolly and probably draft another DE. Tuck and Osi would certainly be traded tho.

gmen0820
12-22-2011, 05:00 PM

2. Agreed.

Oh sure he's overrated. He was the number 1 pick in the draft when Reggie Bush was on the board.

If you look at where he was drafted he's just a couple takles short being a flat out bust.

And I'm fine with JPP and Kiwi and End. Also I believe that Sintim will shine at endI like Williams, I think he is a very solid player but I don't believe he is held in such a high regard to begin with, which is why I don't think he is overrated. Like almost every player in this league, people will overrate him, and Williams is no exception.

Spizi
12-22-2011, 05:17 PM

2. Agreed.

And I'm fine with JPP and Kiwi and End. Also I believe that Sintim will shine at end

Mario Williams is farrr from overrated. Who has he had on the defense with him?? Nobody. Tuck has had Strahan, Osi, and now JPP.

If Mario Williams were to play opposite of JPP he would dominate even more than he already does.

Like I said earlier. We could definitely trade OSi and Tuck in a package deal for a 1st and 2nd. Why? Because imagine you are a team with no defensive ends... it's definitely worth a 1st and 2nd for two probowl defensive ends.

Then as I said we could trade our two 2nds for a first and have three first round picks. Kuechly, Kirkpatrick, and Richardson along with Williams would transform our team into instant contenders.

burier
12-22-2011, 05:41 PM

2. Agreed.

Mario Williams is farrr from overrated. Who has he had on the defense with him?? Nobody. Tuck has had Strahan, Osi, and now JPP.

If Mario Williams were to play opposite of JPP he would dominate even more than he already does.

Like I said earlier. We could definitely trade OSi and Tuck in a package deal for a 1st and 2nd. Why? Because imagine you are a team with no defensive ends... it's definitely worth a 1st and 2nd for two probowl defensive ends.

Then as I said we could trade our two 2nds for a first and have three first round picks. Kuechly, Kirkpatrick, and Richardson along with Williams would transform our team into instant contenders.

Dude relax.

Tuck was on the Bench when Strahan and Osi last played together.

Then Osi had a catastrophic knee injury and missed the whole season. And Tuck has been worthless this season with JP on the other side so I don't really know what you're trying to get at there with the blaming the supporting cast thing.

You know damn right that when the Texans took Mario Williams at 1 that they expected more production than they've gotten. Blame it on the rain if you want but it is what it is.

And Don't talk to me about packaging Osi and Tuck as I originated that Idea about 6 weeks ago. I'm all for getting picks for those guys. If we could get a Backer even better.

But mario Williams is expensive unnessary unless you think he can play MIKE

fewellmustgo
12-22-2011, 05:56 PM

2. Agreed.

Last year after one of Osi best year all we could get was a 2nd now a year older and only played a few games you think we could get what we could get last year. Tuck is having a bad year I know that but hes been hurt all year. If healthy hes one of the better all around de in the league. I dont want to trade either. Most players have a bad year form time to time not named LT. If we would of traded Michael Strahan after 1999 at the same age as Tuck is now when he was hurt and had a very bad year how stupid would that have been.

Spizi
12-22-2011, 06:03 PM

2. Agreed.

Dude relax.

Tuck was on the Bench when Strahan and Osi last played together.

Then Osi had a catastrophic knee injury and missed the whole season. And Tuck has been worthless this season with JP on the other side so I don't really know what you're trying to get at there with the blaming the supporting cast thing.

You know damn right that when the Texans took Mario Williams at 1 that they expected more production than they've gotten. Blame it on the rain if you want but it is what it is.

And Don't talk to me about packaging Osi and Tuck as I originated that Idea about 6 weeks ago. I'm all for getting picks for those guys. If we could get a Backer even better.

But mario Williams is expensive unnessary unless you think he can play MIKE

Why should I relax?? lol Tuck has been bad this year because he's been injured...

all I'm saying is that with JPP and Williams we would be great especially because we could trade osi and tuck for picks and without losing anything in the pass rushing department. I don't really know what you're trying to argue.. Williams obviously hasn't had a 20 sack season but you could definitely argue that he is better than tuck.

burier
12-22-2011, 06:04 PM

2. Agreed.

Last year after one of Osi best year all we could get was a 2nd now a year older and only played a few games you think we could get what we could get last year. Tuck is having a bad year I know that but hes been hurt all year. If healthy hes one of the better all around de in the league. I dont want to trade either. Most players have a bad year form time to time not named LT. If we would of traded Michael Strahan after 1999 at the same age as Tuck is now when he was hurt and had a very bad year how stupid would that have been.

the problem with the Strahan comparison is that Strahan was a much better player than Tuck could ever hope to be on his healthiest day.

Spizi
12-22-2011, 06:06 PM

2. Agreed.

I definitely think we could get a 1st and 2nd for them as a package deal. Tuck when healthy can be a top 5 defensive end in the NFL but if we were able to get that same production from Williams AND also get a first and 2nd round pick then that would be totally worth it. you can't deny that.

redbeardxxv
12-22-2011, 06:40 PM

Just stop. Tuck has multiple injuries, and would be on IR if not for the fact that we have so many other injuries this year. I commend him for toughing it out to help this team in ANY capacity he is capable of. People who call for him to be cut obviously aren't paying attention. Just stop. Go cheer for the Jets.

fewellmustgo
12-22-2011, 07:04 PM

2. Agreed.

the problem with the Strahan comparison is that Strahan was a much better player than Tuck could ever hope to be on his healthiest day.

At same point Strahan had 9 more sacks over first 7 years Tuck 62 more tackles. Strahan got a lot better later in his career.

XxBigWhitxX
12-22-2011, 08:30 PM
The Texans Mario Williams is a free agent to sign him up and trade Osi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I actually like the Idea. Osi is gonna be out, Tuck is to injury prone and we still have a year on his contract. Mario is a great all around DE and he would give additional length to our D line. If they could make it happen then Hell yes.

fewellmustgo
12-22-2011, 08:43 PM
The Texans Mario Williams is a free agent to sign him up and trade Osi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I actually like the Idea. Osi is gonna be out, Tuck is to injury prone and we still have a year on his contract. Mario is a great all around DE and he would give additional length to our D line. If they could make it happen then Hell yes.

I would say very good not great. His numbers last year were way down and he missed 3 games. This year he missed most the season. Tucks 2010 season was a lot better then his and this year they both been hurt most the year. I would rather have Tuck with what they both will make.

XxBigWhitxX
12-22-2011, 08:49 PM

I would say very good not great. His numbers last year were way down and he missed 3 games. This year he missed most the season. Tucks 2010 season was a lot better then his and this year they both been hurt most the year. I would rather have Tuck with what they both will make.
But Tuck is on't one of really 3 good DEs on the team so he doesn't get doubled nearly as much as Williams who IS the pass rush for the Texans and always faced double teams.

fewellmustgo
12-22-2011, 09:27 PM
He was drawing the double team up until lately. JPP just started getting the double team last few games. Tuck is much better against the run 2. Mario is just as injury prone as Tuck and will probably make a lot more then Tuck. I'll stick with Tuck.

BlueSanta
12-22-2011, 09:59 PM
How on earth can people still think Osi has trade value?

We couldnt get a 2nd for him last year. Prior to his knee surgery and prior to yet another injury plagued season. At his age, in his condition he is a situational player.

Not to mention whoever got him would only have him for a year before he is a FA.

The guy is not worth much if anything in trade.

XxBigWhitxX
12-22-2011, 10:59 PM

We couldnt get a 2nd for him last year. Prior to his knee surgery and prior to yet another injury plagued season. At his age, in his condition he is a situational player.

Not to mention whoever got* him would only have him for a year before he is a FA.

Actually we were being offered 2nd rounders. we were just holding out for a 1st.

ShakeNBake
12-22-2011, 11:18 PM

Not to mention whoever got him would only have him for a year before he is a FA.

Actually we were being offered 2nd rounders. we were just holding out for a 1st.

Yeah that was last year, when we should have traded him. There is no way we get a 2nd rounder for him now.

BlueSanta
12-23-2011, 12:19 AM

Actually,

There were numberous reports, including this 1 by Garafolo (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/08/have_giants_lowered_their_dema.html), that we lowered our demands to a 2nd rounder after we gave Osi's agent free reign to shop for an offer.

Nobody bit....

So again I ask, what exactly makes people think we could get much for him now, 1 year later, 1 surgery later, and another injury riddle season gone by?

PrideofNY
12-23-2011, 12:28 AM

Just stop. Tuck has multiple injuries, and would be on IR if not for the fact that we have so many other injuries this year. I commend him for toughing it out to help this team in ANY capacity he is capable of. People who call for him to be cut obviously aren't paying attention. Just stop. Go cheer for the Jets.Then put him on IR. Its ridiculous to say that the injuries to the secondary are the only reason he's on the field. Really? Then why is he starting, and not Tollefson? If there is one position the Giants can afford to lose someone for the entire season, its defensive end. He is hurting the team by playing. He sure as heck is not helping, as he's whiffed on probably about 5 times as many sacks as he's actually made. He talks crap all season (WAY more than Osi ever has, and people get on his case all the time), and then makes himself, as well as the entire team, look like an idiot.

NYSPORTS
12-23-2011, 12:53 AM

Just stop. Tuck has multiple injuries, and would be on IR if not for the fact that we have so many other injuries this year. I commend him for toughing it out to help this team in ANY capacity he is capable of. People who call for him to be cut obviously aren't paying attention. Just stop. Go cheer for the Jets.

Let's see how the Giants evaluate Tuck this offseason. The injuries might just require time to heal. If he's headed to surgery or surgeries, it is possible the wheels have fallen off. I'm betting he's returning healthy yet we don't know how severe these injuries are.

Who knows, two losses and a little luck in the draft, the Giants might be in Coples territory.

NYG_88
12-23-2011, 01:02 AM
Rather the Giants sign Robert Mathis.

TucknRolle
12-23-2011, 01:26 AM

Hell yea boyee

NYSPORTS
12-23-2011, 01:51 AM

Hell yea boyee

Just move Kiwi over.

PJM-361
12-23-2011, 02:21 AM

Just stop. Tuck has multiple injuries, and would be on IR if not for the fact that we have so many other injuries this year. I commend him for toughing it out to help this team in ANY capacity he is capable of. People who call for him to be cut obviously aren't paying attention. Just stop. Go cheer for the Jets.Then put him on IR. Its ridiculous to say that the injuries to the secondary are the only reason he's on the field. Really? Then why is he starting, and not Tollefson? If there is one position the Giants can afford to lose someone for the entire season, its defensive end. He is hurting the team by playing. He sure as heck is not helping, as he's whiffed on probably about 5 times as many sacks as he's actually made. He talks crap all season (WAY more than Osi ever has, and people get on his case all the time), and then makes himself, as well as the entire team, look like an idiot.
You people should look at the roster before commenting. If Tuck goes on IR then who is the only backup, Justin Trattou #69 that's it. Can't move Kiwanuka back because they are short handed at outside LB. He can play DE & biltz on obvious pass plays in the nickel or dime package but thats all. If desperate they can use Canty at DE. When has Tuck talked crap? He said a few weeks ago he was playing bad, I respect him for fighting through his injuries and trying. I'm sick of how quick you f*<kin so called fans turn on players & coaches. Fire him , trade him then you ***** & moan at players like Steve Smith for not being loyal and jumping ship. I like Tollefson & he is probably having his best year but, he was never a pro bowl DE.

giantsfan420
12-23-2011, 02:31 AM

You people should look at the roster before commenting. If Tuck goes on IR then who is the only backup, Justin Trattou #69 that's it. Can't move Kiwanuka back because they are short handed at outside LB. He can play DE & biltz on obvious pass plays in the nickel or dime package but thats all. If desperate they can use Canty at DE. When has Tuck talked crap? He said a few weeks ago he was playing bad, I respect him for fighting through his injuries and trying. I'm sick of how quick you f*<kin so called fans turn on players & coaches. Fire him , trade him then you ***** & moan at players like Steve Smith for not being loyal and jumping ship. I like Tollefson & he is probably having his best year but, he was never a pro bowl DE.

tucks been a huge disappointment this season...BUT if he can turn it on for the playoffs if we make it, hell if he can turn it on starting saturday, its a huge boost to our defense.

cant explain how poorly hes played. yeah i get the injuries and all, but hes still out there for a majority of the snaps. he should still be making SOME plays but he really isnt at all. and whats worse, on running plays where he used to be a staple, hes getting pushed around like hes on skates.

i would have sat him or reduced his role big time but i think the giants know that if this team is goin to make any kind of push, tuck is going to have to be a big reason why.

and its not like hes even getting double teamed anymore either, JPP is and JPP is still killing it. tucks play this season has been confusing, part of me thinks he could just be done and i really hope thats not the case, but he simply isnt making ANY plays. but i know hes a good player just waiting for him to turn it up.

i think its a confidence thing more than anything else at this point including injuries. if he can have a big game id think it would flip the switch but it hasnt happened YET, hoping this sat against a scrub on the jets he gets that breakout game

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-23-2011, 02:45 AM
The Texans Mario Williams is a free agent to sign him up and trade Osi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</P>

______________ <FONT color=#ff0000>is a free agent!!!! The Giants NEED to sign him!!!! </FONT></P>

<FONT color=#ff0000></FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000000>Expect this at least a million times during the FA...sigh : /</FONT></P>

NYG_88
12-24-2011, 12:16 AM

Hell yea boyee

Imagine having Tuck, JPP, Kiwi, and Mathis rushing right at you. They need to make this happen.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-24-2011, 12:25 AM

Hell yea boyee
Imagine having Tuck, JPP, Kiwi, and Mathis rushing right at you. They need to make this happen.</P>

He's been in the league for almost a decade. Why should we sign him, aren't we trying to get younger?? Imagine the money he would want, you really want to pay tons of cash for an aging DE? We already waste enough money as is....We WILL draft a DE this year, dont be surprised. JR plans for the future. And the future looks like Osi will be a goner. </P>

NYG_88
12-24-2011, 01:51 AM

Hell yea boyee
Imagine having Tuck, JPP, Kiwi, and Mathis rushing right at you. They need to make this happen.</P>

He's been in the league for almost a decade.* Why should we sign him, aren't we trying to get younger??* Imagine the money he would want, you really want to pay tons of cash for an aging DE?* We already waste enough money as is....We WILL draft a DE this year, dont be surprised.* JR plans for the future.* And the future looks like Osi will be a goner.* </P>

Yeah I somehow i feel between the 2nd and 3rd round they draft DE but this is just my opinion, you know. Mathis has way more sacks that Williams and wont demand as much as Williams. But like I said its just my opinion on if they plan to decide a free agent DE.

What do you think Osi's value is? I'm thinking 3rd but they should push hard to get a 2nd, thoughts?

Spizi
12-24-2011, 01:57 AM

Hell yea boyee

He's been in the league for almost a decade.* Why should we sign him, aren't we trying to get younger??* Imagine the money he would want, you really want to pay tons of cash for an aging DE?* We already waste enough money as is....We WILL draft a DE this year, dont be surprised.* JR plans for the future.* And the future looks like Osi will be a goner.* </P>

Yeah I somehow i feel between the 2nd and 3rd round they draft DE but this is just my opinion, you know. Mathis has way more sacks that Williams and wont demand as much as Williams. But like I said its just my opinion on if they plan to decide a free agent DE.

What do you think Osi's value is? I'm thinking 3rd but they should push hard to get a 2nd, thoughts?

If we could get a 2nd that would be amazing. I mean if you think about it Osi has at least 3 solid double digit sack season left in him (look at peppers who is almost 2 years older) isn't that worth a 2nd round pick for a team who desperately needs a pass rush?

NYG_88
12-24-2011, 02:03 AM

Hell yea boyee

If we could get a 2nd that would be amazing. I mean if you think about it Osi has at least 3 solid double digit sack season left in him (look at peppers who is almost 2 years older) isn't that worth a 2nd round pick for a team who desperately needs a pass rush?

That would be amazing if they a 2nd for him and you are presenting some good facts but Osi might not be Peppers but I do believe Osi has some great season in him.

I just want to get your opinion on this, Your the GM for the Giants you have two 2nd round picks what position do you take and why?

Spizi
12-24-2011, 02:04 AM

Hell yea boyee

That would be amazing if they a 2nd for him and you are presenting some good facts but Osi might not be Peppers but I do believe Osi has some great season in him.

I just want to get your opinion on this, Your the GM for the Giants you have two 2nd round picks what position do you take and why?

I trade the two 2nd rounders to move up in the first and score 2 defensive studs in the first round. I'm thinking Kuechly and Kirkpatrick because lb is an obvious need and CB will be a need with ross most likely gone, TT coming off an acl, and prince being unproven.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-24-2011, 02:25 AM

Hell yea boyee

He's been in the league for almost a decade. Why should we sign him, aren't we trying to get younger?? Imagine the money he would want, you really want to pay tons of cash for an aging DE? We already waste enough money as is....We WILL draft a DE this year, dont be surprised. JR plans for the future. And the future looks like Osi will be a goner. </P>

Yeah I somehow i feel between the 2nd and 3rd round they draft DE but this is just my opinion, you know. Mathis has way more sacks that Williams and wont demand as much as Williams. But like I said its just my opinion on if they plan to decide a free agent DE. What do you think Osi's value is? I'm thinking 3rd but they should push hard to get a 2nd, thoughts? If we could get a 2nd that would be amazing. I mean if you think about it Osi has at least 3 solid double digit sack season left in him (look at peppers who is almost 2 years older) isn't that worth a 2nd round pick for a team who desperately needs a pass rush? That would be amazing if they a 2nd for him and you are presenting some good facts but Osi might not be Peppers but I do believe Osi has some great season in him. I just want to get your opinion on this, Your the GM for the Giants you have two 2nd round picks what position do you take and why? I trade the two 2nd rounders to move up in the first and score 2 defensive studs in the first round. I'm thinking Kuechly and Kirkpatrick because lb is an obvious need and CB will be a need with ross most likely gone, TT coming off an acl, and prince being unproven.</P>

I would love that. But the point system is crazy. So I dont know where we would be at combo'n those picks together. Depending on where those "2 picks" are at. I would stay with the 2 picks. I do believe CB needs to be addressed again early. Also, I agree LB needs to be addressed and so does DE...also depends on who is available after we pick our 1st pick....if there is someone who is a "stud" I would try and trade up, but doubt JR would do that. And JR would explode if he had two 2nd rd picks together. I probably would stick with the two 2nd rounders. 1st pick address LB if Kuechly is there or the dude from UNC or Burfict, yeah this year he hasn't done much and he is a headcase, but that type of fire and talent, if it can be harnessed by the right coaching...oh man oh man...with those two 2nd rd picks..DE and CB, without a doubt....or BPA for all three haha, which is the strategy most likely used.</P>

NYG_88
12-24-2011, 03:04 AM

Hell yea boyee

Yeah I somehow i feel between the 2nd and 3rd round they draft DE but this is just my opinion, you know. Mathis has way more sacks that Williams and wont demand as much as Williams. But like I said its just my opinion on if they plan to decide a free agent DE. What do you think Osi's value is? I'm thinking 3rd but they should push hard to get a 2nd, thoughts? If we could get a 2nd that would be amazing. I mean if you think about it Osi has at least 3 solid double digit sack season left in him (look at peppers who is almost 2 years older) isn't that worth a 2nd round pick for a team who desperately needs a pass rush? That would be amazing if they a 2nd for him and you are presenting some good facts but Osi might not be Peppers but I do believe Osi has some great season in him. I just want to get your opinion on this, Your the GM for the Giants you have two 2nd round picks what position do you take and why? I trade the two 2nd rounders to move up in the first and score 2 defensive studs in the first round. I'm thinking Kuechly and Kirkpatrick because lb is an obvious need and CB will be a need with ross most likely gone, TT coming off an acl, and prince being unproven.</P>

I would love that.* But the point system is crazy.* So I dont know where we would be at combo'n those picks together.* Depending on where those "2 picks" are at.* I would stay with the 2 picks.* I do believe CB needs to be addressed again early.* Also, I agree LB needs to be addressed and so does DE...also depends on who is available after we pick our 1st pick....if there is someone who is a "stud" I would try and trade up, but doubt JR would do that.* And JR would explode if he had two 2nd rd picks together.* I probably would stick with the two 2nd rounders.* 1st pick address LB if Kuechly is there or the dude from UNC or Burfict, yeah this year he hasn't done much and he is a headcase, but that type of fire and talent, if it can be harnessed by the right coaching...oh man oh man...with those two 2nd rd picks..DE and CB, without a doubt....or BPA for all three haha, which is the strategy most likely used.</P>

It wouldnt be an official NFL Draft where the Giants dont take BPA. There is one thing I fear, lets say Giants finish 7-9 (hopefully not) and Eagles finish 8-8. We all know Eagles need a LB too if no one take Kuechly before the Giants pick, I believe the Eagles trade Samules to move up and stick it to us. If that would happen, all hell will break loose at my house.

Spizi
12-24-2011, 03:32 AM

Hell yea boyee

I would love that.* But the point system is crazy.* So I dont know where we would be at combo'n those picks together.* Depending on where those "2 picks" are at.* I would stay with the 2 picks.* I do believe CB needs to be addressed again early.* Also, I agree LB needs to be addressed and so does DE...also depends on who is available after we pick our 1st pick....if there is someone who is a "stud" I would try and trade up, but doubt JR would do that.* And JR would explode if he had two 2nd rd picks together.* I probably would stick with the two 2nd rounders.* 1st pick address LB if Kuechly is there or the dude from UNC or Burfict, yeah this year he hasn't done much and he is a headcase, but that type of fire and talent, if it can be harnessed by the right coaching...oh man oh man...with those two 2nd rd picks..DE and CB, without a doubt....or BPA for all three haha, which is the strategy most likely used.</P>

It wouldnt be an official NFL Draft where the Giants dont take BPA. There is one thing I fear, lets say Giants finish 7-9 (hopefully not) and Eagles finish 8-8. We all know Eagles need a LB too if no one take Kuechly before the Giants pick, I believe the Eagles trade Samules to move up and stick it to us. If that would happen, all hell will break loose at my house.

Look what happened the last time the dumbass eagles jumped in front of us. brandon graham lol they failed hard

NYG_88
12-24-2011, 03:36 AM

Hell yea boyee

Look what happened the last time the dumbass eagles jumped in front of us. brandon graham lol they failed hard

Well I mean I think Eagles fell for the trap that are Draft Analysts they said JPP was a raw talent, while the other DE chosen before him had all the skills set, but boy were they so wrong!

NYSPORTS
12-24-2011, 05:17 AM
Graham tore his knee so it was going to take him at least 2 years.

Remember the Eagles made this type of move years ago and missed on Jerome McDougal?

Not sold on Kuechly that high in the draft. Let's see his strength numbers at the draft.