PDA

View Full Version : A Date With Destiny!

Kruunch
12-21-2011, 11:09 AM
So we sweep the next two (certainly conceivable) getting us into the playoffs as the #4 seed.

First round we most likely play Detroit whom we match very well against.

Then it's on to the San Francisco who will score the #2 seed and we played them very well at San Fran the first time around. This time we squeak by them just as they squeaked by us last time.

Then it's on to the Green Bay at Green Bay in a rematch of the 2007 NFC Championship game. We match up very well with Greenbay and the bubble has burst from their previously impervious nature .... we take the upset!

And finally it's on to the Pats (because the Ravens can't win on the road) in ANOTHER 2007 championship rematch and we know how that one goes.

IT WILL BE JUST LIKE 2007!

MERRYYYYYYYY CHRISTMASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

(now how do I make text red again ... you know ... for the xmas spirit and all)

Pakman
12-21-2011, 11:12 AM
The sad thing is after reading this I'm a little excited lol

Kruunch
12-21-2011, 11:17 AM

All kidding aside ... we actually do match up fairly well once we're in the playoffs.

The teams that would give us fits are the Falcons and Saints (imo) and they'll probably end up knocking eachother off with the remainder getting smoked by GB.

Interesting day dream anyways.

P.S. - Of course I have absolutely no confidence of us actually GETTING to the playoffs (PLAYOFFS?!) but hey .... tis the season and all that.

MattMeyerBud
12-21-2011, 11:17 AM
don't forget the bonus of winning the next two games:

We end Philly, Dallas, and the JEts playoffs hopes

glorious

edit: I couldn't imagine what Calvin Johnson would do to us

Kruunch
12-21-2011, 11:19 AM

glorious

That's really all they have ... we double him and go to town.

The Lions game should be a DC's wet dream (talk about begging to be blitzed) .... unfortunately we have a DC that wets his pants but ....

SweetZombieJesus
12-21-2011, 11:20 AM

glorious

Dare I get my hopes up?

http://garciamedialife.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/charlie_brown_lucy_football.jpg

Kruunch
12-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Oh and for a prediction .... JPP scores the winning TD against Green Bay on a sack-fumble he causes and recovers.

Osi comes back for the SB and Tuck is 100% with the extra time off and we make Brady cry so much that he seizes and has to be carted off the field.

MattMeyerBud
12-21-2011, 11:25 AM

glorious

The Lions game should be a DC's wet dream (talk about begging to be blitzed) .... unfortunately we have a DC that wets his pants but ....

i dunno dude, lol hes making balls in crowds of 4

beastly... I actually don't think we match up with Det as well. They are strong at our weakest links on both sides of the ball.. offensively they can air it out on and defensively their DLine is legit

Kruunch
12-21-2011, 11:29 AM

glorious

i dunno dude, lol hes making balls in crowds of 4

beastly... I actually don't think we match up with Det as well. They are strong at our weakest links on both sides of the ball.. offensively they can air it out on and defensively their DLine is legit

Their DLine is awful against the run and the BJ/AB express is just now heating up!

And one personal foul for hitting a defenseless receiver will take care of Megatron.

http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Highsnobiety-x-Made-by-Monster-x-Ron-English-Grin-Toy.jpg

MattMeyerBud
12-21-2011, 11:29 AM

glorious

Dare I get my hopes up?

http://garciamedialife.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/charlie_brown_lucy_football.jpg

im pushing all of my chips into the middle of the table vs all of their fans

my facebook is a volcano of giants hate and im public enemy #1 in most of their lives

LT_was_good
12-21-2011, 12:16 PM

glorious

Dare I get my hopes up?

my facebook is a volcano of giants hate and im public enemy #1 in most of their lives

Everyone who wants in get in, everyone who wants out get out.

galaxy10
12-21-2011, 12:26 PM
So we sweep the next two (certainly conceivable) getting us into the playoffs as the #4 seed.

Then it's on to the San Francisco who will score the #2 seed and we played them very well at San Fran the first time around. This time we squeak by them just as they squeaked by us last time.

Then it's on to the Green Bay at Green Bay in a rematch of the 2007 NFC Championship game. We match up very well with Greenbay and the bubble has burst from their previously impervious nature .... we take the upset!

And finally it's on to the Pats (because the Ravens can't win on the road) in ANOTHER 2007 championship rematch and we know how that one goes.

I like your analysis of the playoffs if we get in. I could see it playing out as you describe. I don't know if the Giants could beat the Patriots again, but I do think it would be a dog fight. We all start out at 0 when the playoffs begin. Wonder what the betting odds would be for your scenario? Should we bet?

YATittle1962
12-21-2011, 12:34 PM

glorious

Dare I get my hopes up?

I have no dislike at all for the Jets.....I actually like them

but ill tell you this.......Im ready to fight mother ****ers this saturday if I get touched or have one thing thrown my way by those punk fans

they will have one big old man to deal with and it wont be pretty......

plus ill have my son and 2 nephews with me ...all of which are above 6' 2" with tempers much worse than mine

those punk Jet fans can say all they want.....talk up a storm....I love that...

but the very second one thing touches me.....be it a hand or a cup or even a napkin.......on my mothers name I will release the dogs

Kruunch
12-21-2011, 12:35 PM

I like your analysis of the playoffs if we get in. I could see it playing out as you describe.* I don't know if the Giants could beat the Patriots again, but I do think it would be a dog fight. We all start out at 0 when the playoffs begin. Wonder what the betting odds would be for your scenario? Should we bet?

Giants are currently 50/1 to make the Super Bowl.

I got my $100 in already.

Kruunch
12-21-2011, 12:36 PM

glorious

Dare I get my hopes up?

but ill tell you this.......Im ready to fight mother ****ers this saturday if I get touched or have one thing thrown my way by those punk fans

plus ill have my son and 2 nephews with me ...all of which are above 6' 2" with tempers much worse than mine

but the very second one thing touches me.....be it a hand or a cup or even a napkin.......on my mothers name I will release the dogs

It's a little known fact that YaTittle1962 is actually Fireman Ed.

True story.

MattMeyerBud
12-21-2011, 12:40 PM

glorious

Dare I get my hopes up?

True story.

http://electrokami.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/in-living-color-fire-marshall-bill-jim-carrey.jpg

BlueJayC
12-21-2011, 12:41 PM

glorious

Dare I get my hopes up?

I have no dislike at all for the Jets.....I actually like them but ill tell you this.......Im ready to fight mother ****ers this saturday if I get touched or have one thing thrown my way by those punk fans they will have one big old man to deal with and it wont be pretty...... plus ill have my son and 2 nephews with me ...all of which are above 6' 2" with tempers much worse than mine those punk Jet fans can say all they want.....talk up a storm....I love that... but the very second one thing touches me.....be it a hand or a cup or even a napkin.......on my mothers name I will release the dogs It's a little known fact that YaTittle1962 is actually Fireman Ed. True story.</P>

"All the chips to the middle of the table," a very Fassel'esque quote.....I like it.</P>

Y.A. if you need a place to pre-game a bunch of us will be in L-6.......and anyone else for that matter.</P>

Gianthunter
12-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Sorry I've used up my allotment of flashbacks on trival stuff like concerts and Roxie the head cheerleader in highschool. And the latter was My Superbowl!!!!

YATittle1962
12-21-2011, 12:44 PM

glorious

Dare I get my hopes up?

True story.

Ill smash that fool

:)

I actually know Ed Anzelone.......he is a Queens kid and Im a Bronx kid......so its natural that we dont get along....

not sure how many know this but that guy was a Bob Griese Miami Dolphin die hard fan for most of his life......

phony!!!!!

MattMeyerBud
12-21-2011, 12:47 PM

glorious

Dare I get my hopes up?

True story.

Ill smash that fool

I actually know Ed Anzelone.......he is a Queens kid and Im a Bronx kid......so its natural that we dont get along....

not sure how many know this but that guy was a Bob Griese Miami Dolphin die hard fan for most of his life......

phony!!!!!

uhg i wish i was going in his section... i would hound him all game

jomo
12-21-2011, 01:21 PM
This thread leaves me frustrated! Frustrated because the road to the Super Bowl which the poster describes is very managable and because of our dyfunctional D and its leadership we have little chance of capitalizing on the open door. That said, I am all in for this week-end, though not quite as all in as YA! lol

Kruunch
12-21-2011, 01:57 PM
This thread leaves me frustrated! Frustrated because the road to the Super Bowl which the poster describes is very managable and because of our dyfunctional D and its leadership we have little chance of capitalizing on the open door. That said, I am all in for this week-end, though not quite as all in as YA! lol

Hey stranger things have happened.

We should have roared through the regular season last year considering our schedule.

Kase-1
12-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Ill smash that fool

phony!!!!!
But BROOKLYN is better than all the boro's, Sunset Park baby!!!! [:D]

I have a sweet spot in my heart for the BX though, my whole family on both sides is from Parkchester

burier
12-21-2011, 02:30 PM

All kidding aside ... we actually do match up fairly well once we're in the playoffs.

The teams that would give us fits are the Falcons and Saints (imo) and they'll probably end up knocking eachother off with the remainder getting smoked by GB.

Interesting day dream anyways.

P.S. - Of course I have absolutely no confidence of us actually GETTING to the playoffs (PLAYOFFS?!) but hey .... tis the season and all that.

the team I saw Sunday doesn't match up with Ole Miss

Kruunch
01-26-2012, 10:31 AM

I love it when a plan comes together http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-2.gif

miked1958
01-26-2012, 10:39 AM
So we sweep the next two (certainly conceivable) getting us into the playoffs as the #4 seed. First round we most likely play Detroit whom we match very well against. Then it's on to the San Francisco who will score the #2 seed and we played them very well at San Fran the first time around. This time we squeak by them just as they squeaked by us last time. Then it's on to the Green Bay at Green Bay in a rematch of the 2007 NFC Championship game. We match up very well with Greenbay and the bubble has burst from their previously impervious nature .... we take the upset! And finally it's on to the Pats (because the Ravens can't win on the road) in ANOTHER 2007 championship rematch and we know how that one goes. IT WILL BE JUST LIKE 2007! MERRYYYYYYYY CHRISTMASSSSSSSSSS!!!!! (now how do I make text red again ... you know ... for the xmas spirit and all) I love it when a plan comes together http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-2.gif</P>

YEA MAN. YOU CALLED IT FOR SURE..not exact on order of games but exact on what would happen and now we are playing Pats for SB.</P>

I had 2 or 3 similar threads. one prior to GB game saying "This could be our week 17, 2007 game"</P>

In it i didnt predict we would win. In fact i said we would lose our 4th in a row. But in a close fought battle like in 07 that would in effect WAKE UP A SLEEPING GIANT.... check it out</P>

then Next day after we lost...people were upset..i made on "Relax!!, It was same 38-35 score as PATs".. Got hammered somewhat in it and as thread went on i got more BOLD in my predictions of what would happen over next 4 weeks....</P>

these were all brought back up in an attempt to stir pot by an troll who joined yesterday. However it backfired....it pumped us up.. check out some of those threads to. Just like you me and alot of others STILL BELIEVED WAY BACK THEN&gt;&gt;&gt; GOOD JOB</P>

Kruunch
01-26-2012, 10:42 AM
So we sweep the next two (certainly conceivable) getting us into the playoffs as the #4 seed. First round we most likely play Detroit whom we match very well against. Then it's on to the San Francisco who will score the #2 seed and we played them very well at San Fran the first time around. This time we squeak by them just as they squeaked by us last time. Then it's on to the Green Bay at Green Bay in a rematch of the 2007 NFC Championship game. We match up very well with Greenbay and the bubble has burst from their previously impervious nature .... we take the upset! And finally it's on to the Pats (because the Ravens can't win on the road) in ANOTHER 2007 championship rematch and we know how that one goes. IT WILL BE JUST LIKE 2007! MERRYYYYYYYY CHRISTMASSSSSSSSSS!!!!! (now how do I make text red again ... you know ... for the xmas spirit and all) I love it when a plan comes together http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-2.gif</P>

YEA MAN. YOU CALLED IT FOR SURE..not exact on order of games but exact on what would happen and now we are playing Pats for SB.</P>

I had 2 or 3 similar threads. one prior to GB game saying "This could be our week 17, 2007 game"</P>

In it i didnt predict we would win. In fact i said we would lose our 4th in a row. But in a close fought battle like in 07 that would in effect WAKE UP A SLEEPING GIANT.... check it out</P>

then Next day after we lost...people were upset..i made on "Relax!!, It was same 38-35 score as PATs".. Got hammered somewhat in it and as thread went on i got more BOLD in my predictions of what would happen over next 4 weeks....</P>

these were all brought back up in an attempt to stir pot by an troll who joined yesterday. However it backfired....it pumped us up.. check out some of those threads to. Just like you me and alot of others STILL BELIEVED WAY BACK THEN>>> GOOD JOB</P>

I saw that thread and had a similar one called "There IS Such a Thing As A Good Loss" where I basically said the samething that you did.

The first Packers game this season gave our team a lot of confidence. The one hiccup that was the second Redskins game aside, the Gmen have done a great job of realizing that they were much better then they were playing.

Actually in hindsight, the Jets game and specifically, the 99 yard Cruz TD is what seriously woke this team up.

Can't say enough about that kid.

miked1958
01-26-2012, 10:51 AM

these were all brought back up in an attempt to stir pot by an troll who joined yesterday. However it backfired....it pumped us up.. check out some of those threads to. Just like you me and alot of others STILL BELIEVED WAY BACK THEN&gt;&gt;&gt; GOOD JOB</P>

I saw that thread and had a similar one called "There IS Such a Thing As A Good Loss" where I basically said the samething that you did. The first Packers game this season gave our team a lot of confidence. The one hiccup that was the second Redskins game aside, the Gmen have done a great job of realizing that they were much better then they were playing. Actually in hindsight, the Jets game and specifically, the 99 yard Cruz TD is what seriously woke this team up. Can't say enough about that kid.</P>

In Hindsight the Skins game did not matter one way or the other. Win or lose we were going to have to beat the Jets and Dallas to make playoffs. Jets game to eliminate the Eagles and Dallas game to eliminate the Cowboys..</P>

The Cruz play for sure propelled us into this WILD Run.. Somewhat like Bradshaws 88 yarder in Buffalo in 07</P>

Kruunch
01-26-2012, 10:56 AM

these were all brought back up in an attempt to stir pot by an troll who joined yesterday. However it backfired....it pumped us up.. check out some of those threads to. Just like you me and alot of others STILL BELIEVED WAY BACK THEN>>> GOOD JOB</P>

I saw that thread and had a similar one called "There IS Such a Thing As A Good Loss" where I basically said the samething that you did. The first Packers game this season gave our team a lot of confidence. The one hiccup that was the second Redskins game aside, the Gmen have done a great job of realizing that they were much better then they were playing. Actually in hindsight, the Jets game and specifically, the 99 yard Cruz TD is what seriously woke this team up. Can't say enough about that kid.</P>

In Hindsight the Skins game did not matter one way or the other. Win or lose we were going to have to beat the Jets and Dallas to make playoffs. Jets game to eliminate the Eagles and Dallas game to eliminate the Cowboys..</P>

The Cruz play for sure propelled us into this WILD Run.. Somewhat like Bradshaws 88 yarder in Buffalo in 07</P>

Very true and great parallel about AB's TD run in 07 against the Bills. Absolutely spot on.