PDA

View Full Version : How would you rate the Giants season thus far?

Rudyy
12-21-2011, 11:35 AM
I know it's not over yet, but just from what you saw so far from the Giants.
I would give them probably a C. At times they look like super bowl contenders, and other times they played just God awful.

Oh, and this is my first thread, hooray.

Firenugget
12-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Offense A+ (Actually I should say B- due to the horrid running game...Passing has been outstanding though)

Defense F

ST's C-

Overall C+

Kruunch
12-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Offense: A-

Defense: D+ (I don't give them a total fail just because of injuries)

ST: B- (punt/kicks good, coverage decent, run backs horriible) ... but big BIG improvement from last year.

Overall C seems about right ... and they're just about where I thought they'd be this year (struggling in December with a chance).

scf424
12-21-2011, 11:59 AM
C. They're average at everything, even their record.

barran21
12-21-2011, 12:00 PM
C+

jjj45
12-21-2011, 12:32 PM
I would give them probably a C. At times they look like super bowl contenders, and other times they played just God awful.

Oh, and this is my first thread, hooray.Is there a grade for not showing up to class? Cause the Giants would be all over that.

I had to post on Rudy's first official thread lol

And congrats on making one. Most folks take a while to figure it out.

TroyArcher
12-21-2011, 12:48 PM
I know it's not over yet, but just from what you saw so far from the Giants. I would give them probably a C. At times they look like super bowl contenders, and other times they played just God awful. Oh, and this is my first thread, hooray.</P>

Very un-Giant like. Horrible defense, poor running game, pass happy offense</P>

Kruunch
12-21-2011, 12:54 PM

Oh, and this is my first thread, hooray.Is there a grade for not showing up to class? Cause the Giants would be all over that.

Yeah that "New Post" button is a real stumper ;)

Kruunch
12-21-2011, 12:55 PM
I know it's not over yet, but just from what you saw so far from the Giants. I would give them probably a C. At times they look like super bowl contenders, and other times they played just God awful. Oh, and this is my first thread, hooray.</P>

Very un-Giant like.* Horrible defense, poor running game, pass happy offense</P>

Actually that kind of describes us the past 3 years.

TroyArcher
12-21-2011, 12:58 PM

Very un-Giant like. Horrible defense, poor running game, pass happy offense</P>

Actually that kind of describes us the past 3 years.</P>

</P>

Last year the running game was good. O-line got old and was not addressed. </P>

daynemustgo
12-21-2011, 01:12 PM
7-7 = C = mediocre

jomo
12-21-2011, 01:13 PM
7-7 = C = mediocrePretty much the same as 70% of the league. 15% are worse and 15% are better than us.

daynemustgo
12-21-2011, 01:15 PM
7-7 = C = mediocrePretty much the same as 70% of the league. 15% are worse and 15% are better than us.

exactly..could be better...could be worse

dezzzR
12-21-2011, 01:16 PM
running game-F
passing game- A+

against the run- D+
against the pass- F-

Team as a whole - C-

trenken311
12-21-2011, 01:22 PM
They are what their record and the power rankings say they are. They are very average, right in the middle of the league.</P>

No nearly good enough to get to the SB, but maybe just a hair good enough to get in the playoffs and then quickly get bounced out. If they can even get in, which Im not really too sure they deserve with how awful they've been against some piss poor teams this year.</P>

C- I'd say.</P>

jjj45
12-21-2011, 04:11 PM

Yeah that "New Post" button is a real stumper ;)you'd be surprised how many people dont find it since most forums these days have a "New post" button on every thread automatically. The way these forums are set up is still in the dark ages. But I like them. They have their own charm.

JMFP2
12-21-2011, 04:24 PM
running game-F
passing game- A+

against the run- D+
against the pass- F-

Team as a whole -** C-

Pretty close to what I have:

Run Offense: F
Pass Offense: A-

Run Defense: D
Pass Defense: F

Placekicking: C
Punting: B+

Coaching: C+
Head Coach: B
Offensive Coordnitor: C+
Defensive Coordinator: D

Team Grade: C-

Injuries have been a major issue, but injuries don't excuse the timid, unimaginative play calling by Fewell, the often bizarre calls by Gilbride, nor does it excuse the healthy players from hustling.

I'm not expecting everyone to play like JPP....but everyone should have his attitude, if not his freak skill.

Sarcasman
12-21-2011, 04:26 PM

Oh, and this is my first thread, hooray.

They are dead center in the middle of the the NFL mediocrity that the league craves. There are 3 or 4 very good teams, 3 or 4 crappy teams and then there's everyone else.

The Giants are a part of that group.

sharick88
12-21-2011, 04:31 PM
D. I would have given them a C if they would not have lost 5 of the last 6 games. Second half collapses seem to be the norm with the current team that we have. People usually get bad grades by not doing their homework.

GameTime
12-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Defense.....at best on a couple of games a C+. Most games I give them a D. Individual players good play not withstanding.</P>

Offense.....MOst games B.....some gamesD. The running game a D most of the time.</P>

STs....B on the kicking. C- on the run backs and KO blocking</P>

Coaching.....HC....B......</P>

OC.....B- to C+.......</P>

DC.....D......</P>

STs.....C</P>

Players attitude......**** overall.....</P>

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Make sure you flushon your way out!

Rudyy
12-21-2011, 04:56 PM
Haha what up JJJ.

Rudyy
12-21-2011, 04:58 PM
running game-F
passing game- A+

against the run- D+
against the pass- F-

Team as a whole -** C-

Injuries have been a major issue, but injuries don't excuse the timid, unimaginative play calling by Fewell, the often bizarre calls by Gilbride, nor does it excuse the healthy players from hustling.

I'm not expecting everyone to play like JPP....but everyone should have his attitude, if not his freak skill.

That's a pretty good breakdown.
Many people like to blame this on the amount of injuries we've had, but look at Green Bay last year...
The difference with them and us is that they had heart and leadership. We don't.

JMFP2
12-21-2011, 05:07 PM
running game-F
passing game- A+

against the run- D+
against the pass- F-

Team as a whole -** C-

That's a pretty good breakdown.
Many people like to blame this on the amount of injuries we've had, but look at Green Bay last year...
The difference with them and us is that they had heart and leadership. We don't.

On defense, the only dude out there playing like he expects to be The Man on every snap is JPP.

The rest of them appear to be waiting for "whatever".

Weygand
12-21-2011, 08:16 PM
From an objective standpoint they did fairly, as their .500 record indicates.

From the Hater perspective, they're lucky to have won the games they have especially given the sub-par personnel turnips the coaching staff are expected to squeeze wins from.

From the Homer perspective, it's been an incredible ride for which the Giants still don't get the respect they deserve and the Giants are about to start a 6 game win streak.

giantsforce
12-21-2011, 08:38 PM

Oh, and this is my first thread, hooray.Fail.

Vtgmenfan89
12-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Welcome to the boards man!

I'm gonna go with a C as well. You're right in some games they look flat out dominant across the board and others they look like men amongst boys.

Rudyy
12-21-2011, 09:09 PM

Oh, and this is my first thread, hooray.Fail. How is that a fail?

BigBlue wins
12-21-2011, 09:12 PM
Make sure you flushon your way out!

Same as this guy

jjj45
12-21-2011, 09:15 PM

Oh, and this is my first thread, hooray.Fail. How is that a fail?I think giantsforce just "failed"

egyptian420
12-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Terrible

JMFP2
12-21-2011, 09:32 PM
I know it's not over yet, but just from what you saw so far from the Giants. I would give them probably a C. At times they look like super bowl contenders, and other times they played just God awful. Oh, and this is my first thread, hooray.Fail. How is that a fail?</P>

</P>

Rudyy,</P>

Welcome to the boards....and ignore the flamers.</P>

Sarcasman
12-21-2011, 10:00 PM

Oh, and this is my first thread, hooray.Fail. How is that a fail?

It's not a fail, bud.

Welcome aboard.

NYgiants141
12-21-2011, 10:19 PM

Oh, and this is my first thread, hooray.Fail.

Way to contribute.

FlyingTruck
12-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Offense A+
Defense A ++
STs E- (would have been a A if we had Dodge still)

Overall Z++

Rudyy
12-21-2011, 11:22 PM
Offense A+
Defense A ++
STs E- (would have been a A if we had Dodge still)

Overall Z++ I think this is supposed to be in red lol.