PDA

View Full Version : Coughlin is out of touch with his comment about Jets

NJBLUEBLOOD
12-21-2011, 01:29 PM
"Coughlin said playing the Jets is not extra motivation, not compared with the playoff implications the game includes. "</P>
I hope this is just a press comment. He should be all over any motivation possible. Shared stadium, same town.....etc. Time to make this personal. This team lacks motivation and it comes from the top. Ditch the 1950s pep talk and get a little crazy.

Gianthunter
12-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Rex already has the hyperbole market cornered.

Providence
12-21-2011, 01:52 PM
"Coughlin said playing the Jets is not extra motivation, not compared with the playoff implications the game includes. "</P>
I hope this is just a press comment.* He should be all over any motivation possible.* Shared stadium, same town.....etc.* Time to make this personal.* This team lacks motivation and it comes from the top.* Ditch the 1950s pep talk and get a little crazy.*

I like what Coughlin said here and agree with the sentiment. If playoff implications don't get you motivated why would simply playing a team that shares the same city as you get you motivated?

buddy33
12-21-2011, 02:07 PM
He is 100% right on with what he said. They have to win their next two games to make the playoffs. Who cares who they are playing? They have two games to play and need to win both no matter what team it is. The playoffs are the goal.

Mod_C
12-21-2011, 02:12 PM
"Coughlin said playing the Jets is not extra motivation, not compared with the playoff implications the game includes. "</p>
I hope this is just a press comment. He should be all over any motivation possible. Shared stadium, same town.....etc. Time to make this personal. This team lacks motivation and it comes from the top. Ditch the 1950s pep talk and get a little crazy.

He's simply saying "the motivator" is getting into the playoffs, what's wrong with that?

GMENAGAIN
12-21-2011, 02:20 PM
There you have it . . . . the OP is out of touch . . . not Coughlin

burier
12-21-2011, 02:25 PM
the team isn't motivated. Point blank.

TC should do what Sporano did and let the inmates run the asylum

GameTime
12-21-2011, 02:40 PM

</P>

you....like all of us has no idea what TC says in the locker room. With that said if these *******s cant get up for this game no matter whom they are playing then they deserve to get their asses handed to them by the Jets orany team they would be playing this weekend...</P>

</P>

E_L_I
12-21-2011, 02:46 PM
If they need any more motivation other than if they lose they are out, have them watch last week's game. If that doesn't motivate them, nothing will.

NJBLUEBLOOD
12-21-2011, 04:05 PM

</P>

you....like all of us has no idea what TC says in the locker room. With that said if these *******s cant get up for this game no matter whom they are playing then they deserve to get their asses handed to them by the Jets orany team they would be playing this weekend...</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I 100% agree, you would think that is enough motivation but it's not. This team for some reason cares about the stupid stuff. They're too in tune with what's going on outside their bubble. They get up for games when everyone picks the other team to win. They get up for games when the fans/press writes them off. They thrive with the "us vs them" theme. </P>

The opposite can be said. When everyone gives them credit or expects them to win, they flop.</P>

TC needs tocreatethat mindset this week.When and if he sees it dwindling, he needs to get them together and fire them up immediately, instead of standing on the sideline with a stupid look on his face. </P>

NJBLUEBLOOD

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I 100% agree, you would think that is enough motivation but it's not. This team for some reason cares about the stupid stuff. They're too in tune with what's going on outside their bubble. They get up for games when everyone picks the other team to win. They get up for games when the fans/press writes them off. They thrive with the "us vs them" theme. </P>

The opposite can be said. When everyone gives them credit or expects them to win, they flop.</P>

TC needs tocreatethat mindset this week.When and if he sees it dwindling, he needs to get them together and fire them up immediately, instead of standing on the sideline with a stupid look on his face. </P>

NJBLUEBLOOD

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

TC needs tocreatethat mindset this week.When and if he sees it dwindling, he needs to get them together and fire them up immediately, instead of standing on the sideline with a stupid look on his face. Let's </P>

NJBLUEBLOOD

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

TC needs tocreatethat mindset this week.When and if he sees it dwindling, he needs to get them together and fire them up immediately, instead of standing on the sideline with a stupid look on his face. Let's go </P>

NJBLUEBLOOD
12-21-2011, 04:08 PM
yikes, not sure what happened with the mult posts.</P>

Sarcasman
12-21-2011, 04:14 PM
I hope this is just a press comment.* He should be all over any motivation possible.* Shared stadium, same town.....etc.* Time to make this personal.* This team lacks motivation and it comes from the top.* Ditch the 1950s pep talk and get a little crazy.*

He's right.

This game would not be less important if they were playing any other team in the same situation.

This is big for Jets fans because it's like a Super Bowl for them. As a Giants fan I don't care at all that we're playing the Jets. I care that losing the game kills our season.

The rest is all media nonsense and fanboy BS.

TrueBlue2180
12-21-2011, 04:17 PM
"Coughlin said playing the Jets is not extra motivation, not compared with the playoff implications the game includes. "</p>

</p>

you....like all of us has no idea what TC says in the locker room. With that said if these *******s cant get up for this game no matter whom they are playing then they deserve to get their asses handed to them by the Jets orany team they would be playing this weekend...</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

I 100% agree, you would think that is enough motivation but it's not. This team for some reason cares about the stupid stuff. They're too in tune with what's going on outside their bubble. They get up for games when everyone picks the other team to win. They get up for games when the fans/press writes them off. They thrive with the "us vs them" theme. </p>

The opposite can be said. When everyone gives them credit or expects them to win, they flop.</p>

TC needs tocreatethat mindset this week.When and if he sees it dwindling, he needs to get them together and fire them up immediately, instead of standing on the sideline with a stupid look on his face. </p>

The fact of the matter is, TC is not Rex Ryan. He's not going to come out and start saying, "yeah, we're pissed off over what Ryan said. We own this town. Not the Jets. They're our redheaded step child." He's just not going to say that to the press. Now in the locker room, you can bet your *** it's a different story. The players will use it and he will too.

Remember in 2007 when Jerry Jones put tickets to the NFC Championship Game in the locker of Cowboys players before they even played us in the Divisional round? Coughlin didn't say anything about that before the game. After the game, he let it known that he made sure his players knew about it.

jints10
12-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Maybe TC should remind them they get extra money for every playoff game they win. Money motivates!

MattMeyerBud
12-21-2011, 06:13 PM

whats the pep talk? that a rivalry is more important than the playoffs?

Firenugget
12-22-2011, 05:28 AM

Nah..I don't want TC involved in the stupidity that Rex brings upon himself. He basically told him to shut up and play, which I find perfectly fitting. Fatty didn't like that too much.

plaxattack17
12-22-2011, 10:12 PM
this thread just proves Coughlin cant win with alot of you guys...Rex is talking outrageous amounts of BS disrespecting our franchise and coach. Coughlin is too classy for that doesn't want to get involved in a pointless war of words, all he is simply saying is prove it on the football field. Whats wrong with that? I hate that fat turd Ryan, he's the one out of touch not Coughlin, some fans need to stop attacking Coughlin for everything.