PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys fans petition Obama to oust Jerry Jones

Toadofsteel
11-27-2012, 11:15 AM
LINK (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000101646/article/cowboys-fans-petition-obama-to-oust-jerry-jones)

Dallas Cowboys fans are calling on a higher power to erase Jerry Jones from the equation in Big D.

The Dallas Morning News reported Monday that a man from Ft. Benning, Ga. has petitioned President Barack Obama to remove Jones from power over the Cowboys organization.

The petition, housed on the White House website and filed under the category of "Human Rights,"

Read More... (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000101646/article/cowboys-fans-petition-obama-to-oust-jerry-jones)

ibbill
11-28-2012, 08:31 AM
That has to be a first just to funny.

njg85m
11-28-2012, 09:15 AM
filed under the category of "Human Rights,"

LMAO

EddieBlue
11-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Dude don't you know the Cowboys are GREAT??? I mean look at Romos incredible stats! The superstars they have! They will win the super bowl by default this year. The fans are nuts. Jerry jones has built this distinguished franchise into what they are today. I personally believe he should take over as head coach as well.

oh yeah.....put this response in RED lmao

Mod_C
11-28-2012, 03:10 PM
DO NOT turn this into a political discussion. A few posts have already been deleted

Lemay93
11-28-2012, 03:13 PM
DO NOT turn this into a political discussion. A few posts have already been deleted I agree I come here to strictly talk football/sports. Politics is for another place.

Giants5699
11-28-2012, 03:14 PM
If they nationalize the Cowboys, then technically they really would become "America's team" and I'd still hate them! ;)

Moke
11-28-2012, 03:15 PM
I agree I come here to strictly talk football/sports. Politics is for another place.

Where do I go for this discussion? PM me man... I need political guidance.

Giants5699
11-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Where do I go for this discussion? PM me man... I need political guidance.

Just comment on yahoo.

Moke
11-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Just comment on yahoo.

Thanks man, wow what a great community... very helpful +1

miked1958
11-28-2012, 03:33 PM
figured it was a matter of time before cowboys fans spoke out and asked for his dismissal. he is an embarassment to them. How many other times do you watch games and have the camera pan up to the skybox for a shot of the philly owner, rams owner, skins owner, bills owner, titans owner, KC owner, SD owner, ETC, ETC, ETC..... It just doesnt happen. Maybe once in awhile you catch a look of Robert Kraft, but thats about it. The media loves to play off this Jerry Jones thing and their fans are tired of it. They show him up there win or lose

Ntegrase96
11-28-2012, 03:46 PM
figured it was a matter of time before cowboys fans spoke out and asked for his dismissal. he is an embarassment to them. How many other times do you watch games and have the camera pan up to the skybox for a shot of the philly owner, rams owner, skins owner, bills owner, titans owner, KC owner, SD owner, ETC, ETC, ETC..... It just doesnt happen. Maybe once in awhile you catch a look of Robert Kraft, but thats about it. The media loves to play off this Jerry Jones thing and their fans are tired of it. They show him up there win or lose

I don't think many fans have been happy with Jerry since 1995, but in 'hard times' he's going to endure the brunt of criticism. He brings it on himself though with his flawed thinking. He believes that one person can do 2 full time jobs that each require at least 70 hour work weeks... it's insane. Although I believe he delegates far more than he leads on, I still wish he would just step away and realize just how big of a joke he's making of a storied franchise and himself.

Giants5699
11-28-2012, 03:49 PM
I don't think many fans have been happy with Jerry since 1995, but in 'hard times' he's going to endure the brunt of criticism. He brings it on himself though with his flawed thinking. He believes that one person can do 2 full time jobs that each require at least 70 hour work weeks... it's insane. Although I believe he delegates far more than he leads on, I still wish he would just step away and realize just how big of a joke he's making of a storied franchise and himself.
he's the best owner the Cowboys have ever had! He really emphasizes what it is to be a Cowboy.

jerrob1
11-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Why don''t they just stop buying cowboys crap and stop going to Cowboy's games and maybe just maybe find a new team to root for, I hear the Texans are a pretty good team right now. If you 'hit Jerry where it hurts (in the pocketbook) he may have to sell the team.

GMan-67
11-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Jerry's the new Al Davis

oh they should drop Santa a note as well, cover all the bases

Ntegrase96
11-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Why don''t they just stop buying cowboys crap and stop going to Cowboy's games and maybe just maybe find a new team to root for, I hear the Texans are a pretty good team right now. If you 'hit Jerry where it hurts (in the pocketbook) he may have to sell the team.

They're starting to. I know plenty of fans giving up their opportunity to by PSLs and TV ratings for the Cowboys are dropping locally. But that's like asking you to stop rooting for whatever team you like.

Giants5699
11-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Cowboy fans don't know pain. Try being a Giants fan from 1960-1983. Just awful

giantyankee1976
11-28-2012, 06:37 PM
DO NOT turn this into a political discussion. A few posts have already been deleted

LOL

good thing I read this...

EddieBlue
11-29-2012, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=Mod_C;595598]DO NOT turn this into a political discussion. A few posts have already been deleted[/QUOTE

Would it be considered political to say.... FOUR SCORE AND 7 YEARS AGO...COWBOYS STILL SUCKED.

Toadofsteel
11-29-2012, 04:17 PM

I didn't intend for this to be a political post. I was merely reporting on an NFL.com article regarding the Cowboys fanbase. Did not mean for it to get this way...

G-MENBK
11-29-2012, 05:41 PM

I think Jerry was able to get away and claim that he brought Dallas 3 Lombardi trophies. But the decades that the Cowboys have been in a funk, I think more and more Cowboy fans - as well as other football fans - are becoming aware just how much of an influence Johnson had on the Cowboys.

..And it sure helps that the Cowboys were able to make out like bandits with that trade with the Vikings.

In a way, I'm happy because Jerry is the main catalyst as to why the Cowboys cling on to mediocrity, and as Giants fan, I have 0 qualms with that. As a football fan in general, the sad thing is that if Jerry dies, does the nepotism he have in place now continue being as incompetent and ignorant like their father?

Now, that's just a sad thought.