PDA

View Full Version : Giants appear focused, energetic

Gianthunter
12-21-2011, 02:39 PM
<SPAN class=author_byline>By <SPAN class="author vcard">Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger (http://connect.nj.com/user/mgarafol/index.html)</SPAN></SPAN></P><SPAN class=author_byline><SPAN class="author vcard">

We were walking back from practice (well, the portion that's open to us, anyway) when I told Jorge it seemed the Giants (http://www.nj.com/giants) had a little "pep in their step" today.</P>

There was a lot of hand-slapping, high-fiving, clapping, energy and overall encouragement from coaches to players, players to coaches and players to players.</P>

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/12/giants_appear_to_be_focused_in.html</P></SPAN></SPAN>

IamGiantsfan
12-21-2011, 02:40 PM
they better play with heart against the jets and cowboys,and if they win both those they should play with heart all the way to the super(duper) bowl,

GameTime
12-21-2011, 02:43 PM
blah blah blah....</P>

dont see this team (mostly the defense) flipping the hypothetical switch.</P>

They will come out pumped up for sure but at the first sign of a let down or bad play 90% of the team will cave. Eli, JPP, and a few select others will stay motivated but it wont be enough.</P>

</P>

RoanokeFan
12-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Obviously that's good to hear, but they have to bring that, and more, to the field on Saturday.

netplus
12-21-2011, 02:45 PM
blah blah blah....</P>

They will come out pumped up for sure but at the first sign of a let down or bad play 90% of the team will cave. Eli, JPP, and a few select others will stay motivated but it wont be enough.</P>

*</P>

Yep, I've seen this movie too many times this year to fall for it. You can't fix stupid.

RonJon
12-21-2011, 02:46 PM
Maybe they should watch the tape of the 1988 season finale when the Jets ruined the Giants season and they'll understand what a bad feeling they'd have to carry around all offseason if they don't get the job done

RoanokeFan
12-21-2011, 02:48 PM
blah blah blah....</p>

dont see this team (mostly the defense) flipping the hypothetical switch.</p>

They will come out pumped up for sure but at the first sign of a let down or bad play 90% of the team will cave. Eli, JPP, and a few select others will stay motivated but it wont be enough.</p>

</p>

WHOA!! You'll come around tomorrow, Buckaroo I know. It's been a disheartening few days and I share your concerns but we can win TO games and the Division. If we don't we aren't the team we thought we were.

Redeyejedi
12-21-2011, 02:48 PM
One dropped pass or interception they will fold like a cheap piece of lawn furniture.The good news is though the Jets offense is Putrid so no matter what the game should be within striking distance even if they play horribly

GiantWarfare
12-21-2011, 02:58 PM
One dropped pass or interception they will fold like a cheap piece of lawn furniture.The good news is though the Jets offense is Putrid so no matter what the game should be within striking distance even if they play horribly

this

NYfanatic
12-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Great maybe now they can thigh five their way to the couch to watch the playoffs too.
they can all throw a party and see who the new HC is too.

ryan12
12-21-2011, 03:01 PM
blah blah blah....</P>

*</P>

your usually not this negative (gametime)

bigjeep
12-21-2011, 03:02 PM
<SPAN class=author_byline>By <SPAN class="author vcard">Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger (http://connect.nj.com/user/mgarafol/index.html)</SPAN></SPAN></P><SPAN class=author_byline><SPAN class="author vcard">

We were walking back from practice (well, the portion that's open to us, anyway) when I told Jorge it seemed the Giants (http://www.nj.com/giants) had a little "pep in their step" today.</P>

There was a lot of hand-slapping, high-fiving, clapping, energy and overall encouragement from coaches to players, players to coaches and players to players.</P>

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/12/giants_appear_to_be_focused_in.html</P>

</SPAN></SPAN></P>

</P>

[^o)] [|-)]</P>

Gianthunter
12-21-2011, 03:04 PM

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/12/giants_appear_to_be_focused_in.html</P>

</SPAN></SPAN></P>

</P>

[^o)] [|-)]</P>[*-)][8-)]

burier
12-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Great maybe now they can thigh five their way to the couch to watch the playoffs too.

I don't know that I've ever been this disgusted with the Giants.

I mean at least when Dave Brown was here we all knew...Hey our QB sucks our WRs suck. What our excuse this season??

If we win these last two games (Highly unlikely) we'll be 9-7. Dave brown posted a 9-7 record and He actually won games in decemeber to get to 9-7.

Thats how much we suck. We're on par with a team lead by Dave Brown.

Not comparing Eli to Dave Brown at all I'm just saying. This team makes we want to vomit.

Overdrive92
12-21-2011, 03:05 PM
It's sad when a bunch of pro-athletes making millions of dollars, with their playoff destiny in their hands, need to work extra hard just to get pumped up and show some energy. Just sad.

Beelzeboss
12-21-2011, 03:07 PM
weren't they saying this same kind of garbage last week??? and then we got to watch a bunch of kittens get embarrassed on our home field.

GMENAGAIN
12-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Uh oh . . . . they say the same thing before every big loss . . . . </P>

TroyArcher
12-21-2011, 04:01 PM

</SPAN></SPAN></P>

</P>

Fool me once</P>

JMFP2
12-21-2011, 04:15 PM
I don't think it's too smart for these klutzes to be high fiving eachother.....someone is going to tear a pec.

GameTime
12-21-2011, 04:19 PM
blah blah blah....</P>

</P>

WHOA!! You'll come around tomorrow, Buckaroo I know. It's been a disheartening few days and I share your concerns but we can win TO games and the Division. If we don't we aren't the team we thought we were.
</P>

they are NOT the team I thought they were already.....I thought they actually gave a **** about playing hard. Only a handful of players play like they give a crap. I wont come around until I see them play with some heart and skill on Saturday.....</P>

sorry.....I am being Mr. Negative until they prove me wrong.....They have broken me.....[:@]</P>

GameTime
12-21-2011, 04:21 PM
blah blah blah....</P>

</P>

your usually not this negative (gametime)</P>

You are right.....but they have give me no reason to be optomistic......</P>

They can change all that by how they play on Saturday....OR they will reinforce what we already know.....</P>

sharick88
12-21-2011, 04:22 PM
The redskins and seahawks' offenses were also putrid and lit us up. I have ZERO confidence that this defense will be able to stop the Jets' offense with Holmes, Burress, Keller, and Greene. They have playmakers on their team. Our only chance is in another shootout. I believe we will win 38-35

NYGJayPro81
12-21-2011, 04:23 PM
blah blah blah....</p>

They will come out pumped up for sure but at the first sign of a let down or bad play 90% of the team will cave. Eli, JPP, and a few select others will stay motivated but it wont be enough.</p>

*</p>

WHOA!!* You'll come around tomorrow, Buckaroo I know.* It's been a disheartening few days and I share your concerns but we can win TO games and the Division.* If we don't we aren't the team we thought we were.

If we don't, we ARE the team we thought we were...sad but true

Keithnyg
12-21-2011, 07:51 PM
I love how the giants being energetic and focused is news. Because we continue to suck so tremendously, the mere fact that were energized, focused and "slapping high fives" becomes news.

Like the Giants practice should now become a running football follies reel with the Benny Hill theme song playing and all. And the fact that put together something that resembles a normal practice is reported! Were f'd!

The Giants haven't won two games in row in months. Besides who wants to just win TWO in a row and get spanked in the third?

But hey... At least we're "energized, focused and high fiving"
Maybe it's a new thing... Celebrating after DROPPED balls and MISSED tackles. Yeahhh! High five!!!!

giantsforce
12-21-2011, 08:45 PM
blah blah blah....</p>

*</p>

WHOA!!* You'll come around tomorrow, Buckaroo I know.* It's been a disheartening few days and I share your concerns but we can win TO games and the Division.* If we don't we aren't the team we thought we were.
You meant to say "the the team YOU thought they were". Because to me this team is exactly what I thought it would be come December. Same crap 8 out of 9 years of Coughlin.

bigblue5611
12-21-2011, 09:33 PM
dont get too excited, but there's an unconfirmed report that the secondary correctly executed a coverage assignment in practice today...im sorry, i dont have a link...

...im also lacking red highlighting for some reason so the sarcasm would come through more clearly....

giantsforce
12-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Here is the headline from the Giants Blogs & news web page (
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Mindset-remains-the-same-for-NYG/f6032e46-0519-46e2-8ffa-451d3c7f39b6)

"Mindset remains the same for NYG" Isn't that great? So you expect win on Saturday? We have seen what the current "mindset" did for us until now!

NYfanatic
12-21-2011, 10:53 PM

I don't know that I've ever been this disgusted with the Giants.

I mean at least when Dave Brown was here we all knew...Hey our QB sucks our WRs suck. What our excuse this season??

If we win these last two games (Highly unlikely) we'll be 9-7. Dave brown posted a 9-7 record and He actually won games in decemeber to get to 9-7.

Thats how much we suck. We're on par with a team lead by Dave Brown.

Not comparing Eli to Dave Brown at all I'm just saying. This team makes we want to vomit.
Yea 9-7 record would suck but a more likely 7-9 season with the first losing season under coughlin in a while is more likely.

Weygand
12-22-2011, 01:45 AM
So Gianthunter is Pat Hanlon, eh?

BurnerNYG
12-22-2011, 01:58 AM
I thought baseball season was over?

plaxattack17
12-22-2011, 02:39 AM
i haven't seen commitment and energy sinse the Pats game midseason. It would be nice for it to come back, but i'll need to see it to believe it.

chasjay
12-22-2011, 07:11 AM
i haven't seen commitment and energy sinse the Pats game midseason. It would be nice for it to come back, but i'll need to see it to believe it.

I thought I saw it against both the Packers and Cowboys. Whatever it was I saw in those two games, I hope to see in the next two - if we do see "It", we should be able to play a little longer this season.

BigBlue wins
12-22-2011, 08:02 AM
That's nice. Will they play that way though? It's the holiday season and jolly Coughlin probably is spreading goodwill and joy to the team. Did you see his conference for Wednesay? He started with a cherry coke smile, lol

I Bleed Blue
12-22-2011, 08:20 AM
blah blah blah....</P>

*</P>

Well said.

SweetZombieJesus
12-22-2011, 09:10 AM
Rather pathetic that it's come down to "news" like this.

threenout
12-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Is that the San Fran Giants?

JMFP2
12-22-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm going to be focused and energetic when I'm tossing some cold ones back on Saturday.

mike kennedy
12-22-2011, 01:32 PM
So did Custer after his last breakfast!

fansince69
12-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Bill Parcells once said( I am paraphrasing...please don't tell me my quote is wrong)

"This is the Superbowl...If i have to get these guys up for this they need to find a new profession"

This team would have never survived under Parcells.