PDA

View Full Version : Nicks Enters Revis Island

RonJon
12-21-2011, 02:40 PM
should be an interesting matchup there this week. Nicks will surely be looking to rebound after a nad game last week.

I don't understand why they don't get Barden more involved. Guy has shown he has good hands, and uses his size to his advantage. He could be a big factor if they throw to him nore often

Overdrive92
12-21-2011, 02:56 PM
I haven't seen too many Jets games this year, but best of luck to Nicks! Not easy being stranded on Revis Island!

This will be a week for Manningham and Cruz to step it up.

NWKEffectElement
12-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Stevie Johnson undressed Revis last time they faced the Bills. I don't see any reason why Nicks can't get his off in this game.

GiantWarfare
12-21-2011, 03:00 PM
I haven't seen too many Jets games this year, but best of luck to Nicks! Not easy being stranded on Revis Island!

Revis can be had.

Stevie Johnson put a clinic on Revis in the Bills loss at the Jets

If Nicks stays focused, and Eli can get him the ball in the right spots, then Nicks can have a good game despite being on "Revis Island"

TuckYou
12-21-2011, 03:00 PM
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'><FONT size=3>From Ralph Vacchiano: Is </FONT><FONT color=#3b5998 size=3>Darrelle Revis</FONT> (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Darrelle-Revis/37179606537)<FONT size=3> the best corner in the NFL? After a very long pause, </FONT><FONT color=#3b5998 size=3>Hakeem Nicks</FONT> (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hakeem-Nicks/183536441660657)<FONT size=3> said "He's a decent corner."</FONT></SPAN></H6>
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'><FONT size=3>From Ralph Vacchiano: Victor Cruz on Darrelle Revis: "Teams aren't really scared of him anymore. He's had to earn his money this year."</FONT></SPAN></H6></SPAN></H6>

GiantWarfare
12-21-2011, 03:02 PM
<h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:1}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}"><font size="3">From Ralph Vacchiano: Is </font><font size="3" color="#3b5998">Darrelle Revis</font> (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Darrelle-Revis/37179606537)<font size="3"> the best corner in the NFL? After a very long pause, </font><font size="3" color="#3b5998">Hakeem Nicks</font> (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hakeem-Nicks/183536441660657)<font size="3"> said "He's a decent corner."</font></span></h6>
<h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:1}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">
<h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:1}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}"><font size="3">From Ralph Vacchiano: Victor Cruz on Darrelle Revis: "Teams aren't really scared of him anymore. He's had to earn his money this year."</font></span></h6></span></h6>

smh...sometimes I think our players aren't the brightest of the bunch.

Major facepalm at both our guys....

I know you shouldn't kiss his *** but "decent"? Really?

Better back what you say #88

Gianthunter
12-21-2011, 03:07 PM
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'><FONT size=3>From Ralph Vacchiano: Is </FONT><FONT color=#3b5998 size=3>Darrelle Revis</FONT> (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Darrelle-Revis/37179606537)<FONT size=3> the best corner in the NFL? After a very long pause, </FONT><FONT color=#3b5998 size=3>Hakeem Nicks</FONT> (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hakeem-Nicks/183536441660657)<FONT size=3> said "He's a decent corner."</FONT></SPAN></H6>
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'><FONT size=3>From Ralph Vacchiano: Victor Cruz on Darrelle Revis: "Teams aren't really scared of him anymore. He's had to earn his money this year."</FONT></SPAN></H6></SPAN></H6>Sounds about right.

TuckYou
12-21-2011, 03:09 PM
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'><FONT size=3>From Ralph Vacchiano: Victor Cruz on Darrelle Revis: "Teams aren't really scared of him anymore. He's had to earn his money this year."</FONT></SPAN></H6></SPAN></H6>

</P>

When Rolle is your leader, this is what you get. Im sure this will get Revis going for this one, and he will give it his best performance of the year. </P>

Im really shocked these 2 said something. Cruz is the most humble guy we have. Maybe it was taken out of context. </P>

NWKEffectElement
12-21-2011, 03:15 PM
<h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{"type":1}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{"type":3}"><font size="3">From Ralph Vacchiano: Is </font><font size="3" color="#3b5998">Darrelle Revis</font> (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Darrelle-Revis/37179606537)<font size="3"> the best corner in the NFL? After a very long pause, </font><font size="3" color="#3b5998">Hakeem Nicks</font> (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hakeem-Nicks/183536441660657)<font size="3"> said "He's a decent corner."</font></span></h6>
<h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{"type":1}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{"type":3}">
<h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{"type":1}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{"type":3}"><font size="3">From Ralph Vacchiano: Victor Cruz on Darrelle Revis: "Teams aren't really scared of him anymore. He's had to earn his money this year."</font></span></h6></span></h6>

I thought the same thing. WTF would you say something like that for? Just not smart at all.

TC has totally lost this team. TC says talk is cheap and they go find a mic to talk crap all week before the games. He says be discipline but there are key dropped passes and very costly penalties. He is supposed to be one of the most prepared coaches in the league but we can't get the plays in on time.

dave56dj
12-21-2011, 03:15 PM
stevie johnson undressed him? 8 catches for 75 i nice but many of the passes were quick slants and short timing routes - im not saying johnson didnt have a goof game but if your foolish enough to believe one game out of 14 is enough to prove a corner isnt unreal you're not watching the game.

Make no mistake Revis is the best cover corner in the game - i also believe Nicks is one of the best WR in the league so it should be a great matchup. But why would you knock either when its clear they are some of the best in league - even deon got worked in a game or two once a year - nature of the position.

JERMSGIANTS
12-21-2011, 03:43 PM
I like the confidence by our young guys. Don't let last weeks game get in the way of what they have and will accomplish.

Revis is great, but if he does not have help on Nicks, it will be a long game. Nicks is not as fast as S. Johnson, but is one of the most physical recievers in the league these days. Im sure you have seen that it takes two or three people to get him down at times.

Now if Revis is on Cruz, I can see him being slowed down, unless he can make a couple juke moves to get open similar to Stevie Johnson.

Its going to be a good matchup either way, but I am back on our Running backs bandwagon.

Moss#83
12-21-2011, 04:00 PM
Stevie Johnson undressed Revis last time they faced the Bills. I don't see any reason why Nicks can't get his off in this game.He had a TD and a few catches. Hardly undressed.

I also remember stevie choking the game away.

RonJon
12-21-2011, 04:02 PM
he also dropped a couple, including the potential game winning TD pass on the last drive where he beat Revis badly

NWKEffectElement
12-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Stevie Johnson undressed Revis last time they faced the Bills. I don't see any reason why Nicks can't get his off in this game.He had a TD and a few catches. Hardly undressed.

How many pd or ints did Revis have that game? Who cares if he choked the game away that wasn't the point. Even on that critical point where he dropped it, he was wide out when he was supposedly be covered by Revis.

Sarcasman
12-21-2011, 04:11 PM

Revis Island is a media and Rex Ryan created fantasy.

Revis rarely plays single coverage without over the top help. I recall a few years back after the Jets-Pats game Belichick got so fed up with the BS that he released the scouting tape of the game which proved Revis had help on over 85% of the plays.

Now, there's nothing wrong with that but the whole Revis Island thing is an insult to any football fan who actually knows the sport.

I wish our WRs had kept their mouths shut. Revis is a league favorite and he plays a very physical game, I expect there will be multiple muggings in the secondary by him and I expect none of them to be called.

NWKEffectElement
12-21-2011, 04:45 PM
NFL live on BSPN just used the Cruz and Nicks' quotes about Revis. Thanks guys.

titwio
12-21-2011, 04:45 PM
I don't like this kind of talk from Nicks especially coming off a bad game. The thing I liked about Hakeem was even though he was good he seemed very humble and respectful.

Even if somehow he really thinks Revis is only "decent" (which is totally ridiculous) there is no reason to open your mouth like this when Eli is throwing picks every game and your going up against arguably the toughest secondary in the NFL.

Sarcasman
12-21-2011, 04:49 PM
I don't like this kind of talk from Nicks especially coming off a bad game. The thing I liked about Hakeem was even though he was good he seemed very humble and respectful.

Even if he somehow he really thinks Revis is only "decent" (which is totally ridiculous) there is no reason to open your mouth like this when Eli is throwing picks every game and your going up against arguably the toughest secondary in the NFL.

Every QB throws picks. The biggest risk the Giant WRs have this week is that by opening their mouths they essentially guarantee themselves that the officials suck on their whistles while Revis mugs them play after play.

buddy33
12-21-2011, 04:53 PM
Where these comments taken out of context? Just saying I heard Cruz the other day on the radio and he was humble and when baited about this subject he did not fall for it.

titwio
12-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Every QB throws picks. .

Eli has at least 1 pick in the last 7 games and in those last seven games has a total of 10 interceptions....Sorry but that's not the same as every QB throws picks.

I know he's been clutch in close games but 10 picks is a lot and now he's going up against Revis, Cromartie and Wilson who are all first rounders. Eli is going to have to throw the ball for the Giants to win and Hakeem egging their secondary on doesn't sit well with me.

egyptian420
12-21-2011, 05:08 PM

Even if somehow he really thinks Revis is only "decent" (which is totally ridiculous) there is no reason to open your mouth like this when Eli is throwing picks every game and your going up against arguably the toughest secondary in the NFL.
I think he's pretty humble too. I think they're all just in "kill" mode right now and have nothing nice to say about anyone because they're so pissed. It's the Jets and the playoffs are on the line, their hatred needs to be at a dangerous maxed out level on their "hate barometer". They're thinking F Ryan, F the Jets, F the cowboys....I hope...

titwio
12-21-2011, 05:16 PM

I think he's pretty humble too. I think they're all just in "kill" mode right now and have nothing nice to say about anyone because they're so pissed. It's the Jets and the playoffs are on the line, their hatred needs to be at a dangerous maxed out level on their "hate barometer". Their thinking F Ryan, F the Jets, F the cowboys....I hope...

I hope your right. I really don't understand the Giants when they show they can play well against teams like the Packers and Cowboys and then just lay eggs to teams like Vince Young and the Eagles and Rex Grossman and the Skins.

This game could be the last game of the year and you never know which team is going to show up....This team baffles me.

sunsgiants
12-21-2011, 05:21 PM
If Nicks is a physical receiver than Revis is a physical CB. I haven't seen many of his games but the ones that I did see he was always physical and up in the grill of the WR. I remember the Dolphins game and at times he was literally mauling Brandon Marshall. Maybe the zebras were having a bad day but he didn't get any PI calls against him. So it should definitely be a good match up. Just need to hold on to the ball Nicks.

Sarcasman
12-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Every QB throws picks. .

Eli has at least 1 pick in the last 7 games and in those last seven games has a total of 10 interceptions....Sorry but that's not the same as every QB throws picks.

I know he's been clutch in close games but 10 picks is a lot and now he's going up against Revis, Cromartie and Wilson who are all first rounders. Eli is going to have to throw the ball for the Giants to win and Hakeem egging their secondary on doesn't sit well with me.

I agree with you, I'm not happy the WRs opened their mouths either.

That said, I think many of his recent picks are a result of him pressing and trying to do too much. I'm not absolving him on that, he's a pro and he needs to play within himself regardless of how bad the defense is.

That said Revis is the only one in the secondary to worry about. Cromartie flat out sucks and always has. Sure he aligns himself with REvis to create the appearance of a fearsome secondary and the morons in the media eat that crap up. But that's all it is.

I'd throw at him all freakin' day and I"d tell him I was going to do it. There's nothing he can do about it. He sucks enough to be in the Giants defensive backfield.

egyptian420
12-21-2011, 05:31 PM

I think he's pretty humble too. I think they're all just in "kill" mode right now and have nothing nice to say about anyone because they're so pissed. It's the Jets and the playoffs are on the line, their hatred needs to be at a dangerous maxed out level on their "hate barometer". Their thinking F Ryan, F the Jets, F the cowboys....I hope...

I hope your right. I really don't understand the Giants when they show they can play well against teams like the Packers and Cowboys and then just lay eggs to teams like Vince Young and the Eagles and Rex Grossman and the Skins.

This game could be the last game of the year and you never know which team is going to show up....This team baffles me.
+1...I just never know what to expect from this team each Sunday

buddy33
12-21-2011, 05:44 PM
I do worry about that secondary. I know Eli is having a great year, but I'd rather see them run well this week.

Sarcasman
12-21-2011, 06:03 PM
I do worry about that secondary. I know Eli is having a great year, but I'd rather see them run well this week.

Me too, but I do not expect GIlbride to hesitate to start panicking. We'll be throwing 40 yard passes the first time we touch the ball. I just hope they are smart enough to keep it to Cromartie's side of the field.

jetstream66
12-21-2011, 06:05 PM

Revis can be had.

If Nicks stays focused, and Eli can get him the ball in the right spots, then Nicks can have a good game despite being on "Revis Island"

Johnson had a nice game,....he didnt undress Revis though.

jetstream66
12-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Revis is very physical and Nicks will be a nice battle for him. I'm more concerned about Cruz across the middle with the jet safety issues and the inability of the Jet LB's in coverage

MattMeyerBud
12-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Every QB throws picks. .

i'll keep it simple...

I think Revis is nasty and Cromartie blows

MattMeyerBud
12-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Revis is very physical and Nicks will be a nice battle for him. I'm more concerned about Cruz across the middle with the jet safety issues and the inability of the Jet LB's in coverage

don't sleep on Mario

MattMeyerBud
12-21-2011, 06:12 PM
i would of loved to see that last week

why we didn't try to punch washington in the mouth is something im still going over in my head

MattMeyerBud
12-21-2011, 06:12 PM

Revis can be had.

Johnson had a nice game,....he didnt undress Revis though.

na he def didn't i agree

jetstream66
12-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Every QB throws picks. .

i'll keep it simple...

and the giants secondary is stellar ??

jetstream66
12-21-2011, 06:19 PM

don't sleep on Mario

No doubt the Giants wr group is good...I just have more confidence with cro Vs mario then Cruz Vs our safeties and lbs

TuckYou
12-21-2011, 06:23 PM

Eli's great year has been fading lately. If you haven't noticed he now has 15 ints. Yeah, he has the yards, but that's because he has been chucking the ball deep sooooo much. He is behind guys like Romo and Stafford now.

MattMeyerBud
12-21-2011, 06:24 PM
Every QB throws picks. .

i'll keep it simple...

nasty was a compliment

As bad as our secondary is, I think Cromartie is right there

Sarcasman
12-21-2011, 06:27 PM

don't sleep on Mario

If the play breaks down and it goes sandlot, Mario can be helpful. Just don't ask him to run a precise pattern or think.

MattMeyerBud
12-21-2011, 06:28 PM

Eli's great year has been fading lately. If you haven't noticed he now has 15 ints. Yeah, he has the yards, but that's because he has been chucking the ball deep sooooo much. He is behind guys like Romo and Stafford now.

he just threw for 400 yards in a high scoring win vs the Cowboys

jetstream66
12-21-2011, 06:29 PM
Every QB throws picks. .

i'll keep it simple...

nasty was a compliment

sorry...Im on the defensive from constantly reading the posts from the Pats board that revis sucks and is overrated...my apologies

Sarcasman
12-21-2011, 06:30 PM
Every QB throws picks. .

i'll keep it simple...

I can't imagine anyone here saying that.

The Giant secondary - like the entire Giant defense - sucks and sucks hard.

I think everyone here respects Revis and knows how great a player he is. Cromartie is a joke, but as a Jets fan, I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. He and Rolle are two of a kind. BIg hats, no cattle.

MattMeyerBud
12-21-2011, 06:30 PM
Every QB throws picks. .

i'll keep it simple...

nasty was a compliment

sorry...Im on the defensive from constantly reading the posts from the Pats board that revis sucks and is overrated...my apologies

haha its fine.. .u can come at me about Cromartie though... i think hes brutally overrated. If he gambles and jumps and gets the pick he looks good. But other then that his coverage skills are depending on whether he can get away with grabbing the receivers shirt. Not a fan of his play at all

jetstream66
12-21-2011, 06:31 PM

don't sleep on Mario

and don't expect eric smith to do a single thing in coverage because he totally blows.....Im hoping wilson can step up a bit this week vs cruz.......fortunate for the Jets secondary, is that the giants seem to drop a ton of passes

If the play breaks down and it goes sandlot, Mario can be helpful. Just don't ask him to run a precise pattern or think.

jetstream66

don't sleep on Mario

and don't expect eric smith to do a single thing in coverage because he totally blows.....Im hoping wilson can step up a bit this week vs cruz.......fortunate for the Jets secondary, is that the giants seem to drop a ton of passes

jetstream66

Sarcasman
12-21-2011, 06:32 PM

don't sleep on Mario

No doubt the Giants wr group is good...I just have more confidence with cro Vs mario then Cruz Vs our safeties and lbs

I like him against all of them.

That said, I have zero confidence in the Giants ability to create a gameplan to exploit that.

jetstream66
12-21-2011, 06:34 PM
Every QB throws picks. .

i'll keep it simple...

I think everyone here respects Revis and knows how great a player he is. Cromartie is a joke, but as a Jets fan, I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. He and Rolle are two of a kind. BIg hats, no cattle.

Rolle and Cro are funny.....they can have a very good game.....then implode at the worst time....and have the nerve to yap after the game of how great they are......I am looking forward to Plax having a very big game though.....and Im sure Rex will send Plax out as a captain for the coin toss

jetstream66
12-21-2011, 06:35 PM

don't sleep on Mario

That said, I have zero confidence in the Giants ability to create a gameplan to exploit that.

It's not like Shotty has a clue about gameplanning either...Im sure he will run the ball a ton right into JPP instead of throwing it up

Sarcasman
12-21-2011, 06:36 PM

LOL

Sarcasman
12-21-2011, 06:40 PM
Every QB throws picks. .

i'll keep it simple...

Rolle and Cro are funny.....they can have a very good game.....then implode at the worst time....and have the nerve to yap after the game of how great they are......I am looking forward to Plax having a very big game though.....and Im sure Rex will send Plax out as a captain for the coin toss

Every offensive player on the Jets should have a big game against the worst defense in the league.

They couldn't have better numbers if they played against a high school girls' football defense.

Sarcasman
12-21-2011, 06:40 PM

don't sleep on Mario

It's not like Shotty has a clue about gameplanning either...Im sure he will run the ball a ton right into JPP instead of throwing it up

It'll work. The Giants can't stop the run either. The Giants only shot is if the Jets allow them to hang around and the offense pulls it out in the 4th quarter.

RoanokeFan
12-21-2011, 06:43 PM
should be an interesting matchup there this week. Nicks will surely be looking to rebound after a nad game last week.

I don't understand why they don't get Barden more involved. Guy has shown he has good hands, and uses his size to his advantage. He could be a big factor if they throw to him nore often

I wish Ballard was healthy/available. Barden hasn't been a factor since he's been here. Not to say say it can't happen, but he's not going to get snaps ahead of Nicks or Cruz and probably not Manningham either.

If they do any 4 WR sets you'll see Barden.

Gianthunter
12-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Ahh the dreaded bulletin board bogeyman myth.

BallinNY
12-21-2011, 07:18 PM
stevie johnson undressed him? 8 catches for 75 i nice but many of the passes were quick slants and short timing routes - im not saying johnson didnt have a goof game but if your foolish enough to believe one game out of 14 is enough to prove a corner isnt unreal you're not watching the game.

Make no mistake Revis is the best cover corner in the game - i also believe Nicks is one of the best WR in the league so it should be a great matchup. But why would you knock either when its clear they are some of the best in league - even deon got worked in a game or two once a year - nature of the position.

Yes, Stevie did. It was not quick slants or timing routes all the time. Stevie was giving him multiple moves off the line, making it hard for Revis to read the route, these routes weren't simple, they were much more creative.

There were also the two passes that he dropped where he got wide open, but one he pulled a stevie and the second it was thrown behind him. All in all, he should've had 3 TD catches.

Revis is very good, but he isn't playing on the level he was a few years ago, and I think you can attribute this to safety play, their weak run defense this year, and teams not religiously throwing at Cromartie (which is a touchdown or an int alot of the time because he takes alot of chances).

Nicks is good, best WR? clearly not. He is very well rounded, and runs good routes. But you are right that they should never open their mouths, don't give the other team something to fuel their fire

giantsforce
12-21-2011, 08:36 PM
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'><FONT size=3>From Ralph Vacchiano: Victor Cruz on Darrelle Revis: "Teams aren't really scared of him anymore. He's had to earn his money this year."</FONT></SPAN></H6></SPAN></H6>Revis has nothing to worry about. Nicks and Cruz will find a way to drop passes at a critical time.