PDA

View Full Version : Redskins fan here...

Ghost21
11-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Just wanted to say what's up.

I know it's a big game for ya'll, but it's even bigger for us if we want to stay alive for the wild card.

I know the G-men just whooped that Packer ***, but anyone in the East knows that you throw aside all previous games and records for a divisional matchup, since they know each other like the back of their hand.

Clearly the Giants look like the best in the East right now, but since a lot of guys on here didn't respect RGIII and the Skins before the first game, I know you guys do a helluva lot more now.

I'm not really trying not to be a homer, but I honestly believe that after the Giants, the Redskins are the second best team in the division right now, especially since the Cowboys are consistently inconsistent and the Eagles, well.... yeah.

What do you guys think?

ebick
11-27-2012, 07:31 PM
My honest assessment is that rg3 is the real deal and could cause us problems for years, but I rest in the confidence that d Snyder will find a way to screw things up. Sorry.

bigblue2088
11-27-2012, 07:35 PM
your definitely right about division games, with as bad as the eagles have been playing I think they're going to beat Dallas. Not gonna lie I thought RG3 was a bit overrated n didn't worry but woww. You guys are lucky to have him and he'll win you plenty of games. As of you guys being the 2nd best idk bout that for now. The record says show but talent wise not yet. Don't worry tho you'll be there soon. And as for the game this week I think the Giants just have too much confidence right now n it's too big of a game too lose. However I wouldn't be shocked if we come out flat and you guys hand it too us. I think we win a close one tho

giantyankee1976
11-27-2012, 08:15 PM
RG 3 is the real deal... no question.

but my loyalty to Big Blue requires absolute and undiluted hatred for all other Teams NFCE.

It's a BIG game for us too by the way, we must beat the Skins to further the distance between us, you and them (Eagles and Boys)

Redskins4eva
11-27-2012, 08:33 PM
This will be the toughest game for us this year. I think RG3 will have a big game. He seems to shine on the big stage.

scoopscj
11-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Hello Redskin fan. I'm a old timer 42 year old Giants fan who remembers when the Redskins were good. I have a lot of respect for the fans and franchise. It has been a tough road these last 15+ years being a fan and I'm honestly glad the Redskins are relevant again. Your quarterback is amazing in his first year and the sacrifices the franchise made trading for him were steep. It was a bold move. I think you have an excellent shot at the playoffs this year and a very good chance beating us this year at home.

A few years ago I took a trip to Fedex to root on the Giants. The fans were excellent. Kind, decent, honest but fed up fans. Nobody ever treated me with disdain or disrespect. So unlike Philadelphia. I've gone back each year since and I'll be heading down there on Monday to see the game. I don't like your stadium much and your owner is a meddling fool, but your team is finally making a comeback. I think things are looking up for your team for years to come.

May the best team win on Monday. No injuries and if we lose the division somehow, I'd rather it be to the Redskins. I'm so dang sick of the Cowboys and Eagles. Take care.

Scoops

Ghost21
11-27-2012, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the kind words, Scoop.

I honestly never had any ill-will towards the Giants or their fans. I live in the D.C. area, and like NY, its full of people from all over the country with different allegiances. Giants and Skins fans seem to always get along just fine for some reason.

Yeah, of course I, like any fan, want the my team to win against whomever we play, but I just don't seem to have that hatred that I do against the Cowboys and their fans, as I'm sure you guys have for the Eagles and their fans.

While we pretty much have been irrelevant for the past 15 years, the Cowboys and Eagles (and their fans) continued to be blowhards and loudmouths, all the while you guys quietly went about your business, and eventually won two titles. I have respect for that.

It just seems to me Giants and Redskins fans get along more than a combination of any of the other two, and I'm just happy we are slowly earning the respect of a team that has been unquestionably the class of the NFC east for the past decade

Here's to hopefully a memorable Monday Night game, and may the best team win! Cheers!

miked1958
11-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Well one thing to remember is the giants have a horrible record on MNF. I know we destroyed GB the other night but Primetime in general other then playoffs usually not good. Good chance for RG3 to shine. Skins could take a huge step towards playoffs with a win here. Giants laid two huge eggs against steelers and Cinn.

Bye week helped as we took down a team on a five game roll. However the victory came at a Hugh cost. Lost Brown prob for the season with the broken fib. Also secondary finally looked good with Philips back allowing Rolle to roam and now looks like back to square one with Phillips re tweaking same knee. We signed to RBs off the street today.

Eliscruzzz
11-27-2012, 10:38 PM
I'm sorry I just don't see the Giants laying an egg here.

They know how good RG3 is, they always play good on the road. They are also all rested.

Now Washington can definitely win this but I just find it hard to believe that the Giants are are not going to do everything in their power to win this game.....it puts us up 3 on the Redskins and depending what happens on Sunday night either 3 or 2 ahead of Dallas. The Giants CANNOT lose this game and go 2-3 in the division and let the Redskins go 3-1 in the division.Now if we won that Eagles game back in week 4, then I would say maybe. Damn losing that Eagles game hurt.

scoopscj
11-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Hey Mike1958 ...... I agree with the MNF record, however; let me remind you that in 1985 - 1986 season, our Giants played the 49ers on MNF and were down 17 to nothing at the half and went on to win 21 - 17 in the now famous Bavaro drags Ronnie Lott game. We've laid down some stinkers but we've also had a few shining moments too.

Honestly, MNF is about injuries, coaching, teams, weather, and who makes the best plays. The teams in the NFL now are so closely tiered that any mistake can cost a team the game.

The Giants are fortunate to have some really great coaches who seem to do better the second and third times they play a team. Having one good look at RG3 will help us... how much though, is the question.

Throw out history here, the better team will win. Let's hope for no injuries and a good officiated game.

Scoops

miked1958
11-27-2012, 11:05 PM
Remember that game well. Hopefully we take it to them early like we did to GB and take their fans out of it

Parademon
11-27-2012, 11:06 PM
Where are those 2 obnoxious Skins fans that were talking smack all week prior to our 1st game? Come on out playas!

BillTheGreek
11-27-2012, 11:07 PM
This is how I see it, Who ever wants the Win more will get it, so we all know both teams want it more..You will see a tough football game, down to the Last minute........so it comes down to, who gets the breaks on Turnovers , >>> fumbles, interceptions, and returns, and of course scoring. I don't see how the Giant's are going to stop RGlll ! He is determined . On the other hand, how are the Redskins,going to stop Eli.........we have a Mini Super Bowl, Brewing here ! Tough game to call !

Go Giants !

rxc999
11-28-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm going to this game...can't wait..will be my first giants game..want to know where to park at the cheapest price...dont really want park at the stadium..what are any other options??

TheAnalyst
11-28-2012, 03:07 PM
I wonder if the Skins will wear theie ugly throwbacks?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEnWyMAxsIAQoXCTLlTLq0GLr6JZaQV 6a4uuyuiMT6Ndo8CSfkVw

scoopscj
11-28-2012, 03:20 PM
I'm going to this game...can't wait..will be my first giants game..want to know where to park at the cheapest price...dont really want park at the stadium..what are any other options??

There is a cash lot near the stadium. I think it's 30 dollars to park. I parked there last time. It was a 4 minute walk to the stadium and there were a ton of Giant fans there to tailgate with. This year I have a parking pass so I'll be in the stadium. Get there early though, at least 2 to 3 hours early the traffic is a nightmare near DC.

Scoops

Giants5699
11-28-2012, 03:57 PM

I know it's a big game for ya'll, but it's even bigger for us if we want to stay alive for the wild card.

I know the G-men just whooped that Packer ***, but anyone in the East knows that you throw aside all previous games and records for a divisional matchup, since they know each other like the back of their hand.

Clearly the Giants look like the best in the East right now, but since a lot of guys on here didn't respect RGIII and the Skins before the first game, I know you guys do a helluva lot more now.

I'm not really trying not to be a homer, but I honestly believe that after the Giants, the Redskins are the second best team in the division right now, especially since the Cowboys are consistently inconsistent and the Eagles, well.... yeah.

What do you guys think?
I think you should go away and take a bath in sulfuric acid.

Lemay93
11-28-2012, 04:07 PM
I think you should go away and take a bath in sulfuric acid. Lol come on man take that to the philadelphia eagles boards. :rolleyes:

miked1958
11-28-2012, 04:25 PM
Where are those 2 obnoxious Skins fans that were talking smack all week prior to our 1st game? Come on out playas!yes i remember them now. I think one of them was "Hail" something or other if i remember correctly

giantyankee1976
11-28-2012, 07:40 PM
yes i remember them now. I think one of them was "Hail" something or other if i remember correctly

yeah, that was her name.

GreenGuy
11-28-2012, 09:38 PM
Probably going to be the best rivalry in the NFC East for years to come

AustinSkin
11-29-2012, 04:04 PM
Skins fan here. As much as I hate to admit it, I have nothing but praise for the Giants team*, their workmanlike attitude and their fan base. This is going to be a very good rivalry going forward.

I agree that the Skins vs. Giants rivalry could well shape up into one of the best rivalries for years to come. That last game ripped my heart out, but I couldn't have been more proud of Robert Griffin hanging in there all the way down to the wire. I expect more of the same this Monday night. From here on out, every game for the Skins is a playoff game. If we don't make it, that's okay this year. We are shaping up into a team that is a vast improvement over the past several years.

*Not real crazy about John Mara

BParcells777
11-29-2012, 05:28 PM

What do you guys think?

I thought you were the 2nd best team since the season began, and said so way back then.......you have not disappointed me.
I think we will be better able to stop your O this time, but with the Giants anything is possible- from losing to Cinn to whomping the 49rs

rxc999
11-29-2012, 05:49 PM
There is a cash lot near the stadium. I think it's 30 dollars to park. I parked there last time. It was a 4 minute walk to the stadium and there were a ton of Giant fans there to tailgate with. This year I have a parking pass so I'll be in the stadium. Get there early though, at least 2 to 3 hours early the traffic is a nightmare near DC.

Scoops

Thanks..i plan to be there at least by 6..hopefully traffic wont be bad..since coming from south..

scoopscj
11-29-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm leaving central jersey at noon. Hope to be parked before 5pm. Some tailgating and beer on the menu. Weather should be 40 degrees at kickoff. Not too bad.

tcseacliff
11-30-2012, 01:00 AM

What do you guys think?

Eli has never had the "phenom" days like RG and Cam, but he still had what a good player needs. glad the giants stuck with him and brought him along the way they did. you guys are good, RG is good, but all that aside ,we need this game, we want the division and I really think after the Packer win, we cemented your fate, we will take the game, but it will not be without a fight I am sure! GIANTS, ALL IN!

AustinSkin
11-30-2012, 12:00 PM
You are probably right. Giants are a better team, personnel-wise. The intangible is Griffin. He is determined to give everything he's got, he's intelligent, and he has no quit in him. Sometimes that makes all the difference. I am expecting a Giants victory, but won't be surprised if the Skins pull it out.

JJC7301
11-30-2012, 11:28 PM
Skins have a very good and tough team. You and the Giants are going to be the beasts of the Easts for a while to come. Your team has a bright future ahead of it and you may even win the division this year.

AustinSkin
12-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Skins have a very good and tough team. You and the Giants are going to be the beasts of the Easts for a while to come. Your team has a bright future ahead of it and you may even win the division this year.

It's mathematically possible, but not likely this year. Everything will have to click for the next 5 games for that to happen. I'm as die-hard a Skins fan as they come, but I just don't think we have enough healthy personnel to end the regular season on a seven-game winning streak. The eternal optimist in me wants to see that happen, but the realist in me just wants to see the best effort possible going down the stretch. If we finish 8-8, it will be a vast improvement over last year's abysmal 5-11 record.

giantyankee1976
12-01-2012, 11:07 AM
for the most part I respect the Skins organization. Historically.

Snyder's a PoS crybaby and Shanny never won me over. Don't care for his personality/ persona.

I hope most of your fanbase keeps things in perspective but with RG3, I'm thinking you guys will morph into Cowboys Fans Lite ...

we'll see, but we know what to expect.

AustinSkin
12-02-2012, 11:04 AM

Snyder's a PoS crybaby and Shanny never won me over. Don't care for his personality/ persona.

I hope most of your fanbase keeps things in perspective but with RG3, I'm thinking you guys will morph into Cowboys Fans Lite ...

I think I just puked in my mouth. Cowboys fans are delusional and clueless. Philly fans eat their young. Giants fans have swagger, and have earned the right to talk a little smack. They have a great team. Skins fans haven't seen a consistently contending team on the field since the Joe Gibbs 1 era. That was 20 years ago. We're excited about RGIII, but we are also excited about Alfred Morris, Kai Forbath and some of the other pieces we need to cement a contending team together. We don't have the team we need yet, and we probably won't until 2014, when the cap penalty expires. At last count, I think we have put at least 12 of our players on season-ending IR this year. These guys need to come back healthy, and we will need to patiently add players, under a reduced salary cap, and build some youth. In the meantime, we just have to keep building on what we have. As long as the team isn't regressing, the future looks bright.

BillTheGreek
12-02-2012, 02:31 PM
RG 3 is the real deal... no question.

but my loyalty to Big Blue requires absolute and undiluted hatred for all other Teams NFCE.

It's a BIG game for us too by the way, we must beat the Skins to further the distance between us, you and them (Eagles and Boys)

^ X 1000%

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTl1RSYAWQcJvpuxQMs7lzn9T1WE7gZr XPuKqQBlxn8apaor3Pc

Go Giants !

giantyankee1976
12-02-2012, 07:24 PM
@ AustinSkin

you seem rational. Hope you rub off on many of your buddies.

Tj.Tomahawk
12-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Redskins win tonight!!!!

Eliscruzzz
12-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Redskins win tonight!!!!Just remember to come back here when you lose jerk off... Man Redskin fans are worse then Eagles fans.

AustinSkin
12-04-2012, 02:36 AM
Either way, this was a dogfight. We're still a game behind you, and I still respect you. I wish the G-Men the best of luck, and NO injuries over the next four games. You're done with Dallas, it's our job to bury them.

miked1958
12-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Just remember to come back here when you lose jerk off... Man Redskin fans are worse then Eagles fans.what makes him a jerkoff for saying "Redskins win tonight"???

Most of the time they dont come back when they lose. these guys didnt even come back after they won. lol

Sarcasman
12-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Skins fan here. As much as I hate to admit it, I have nothing but praise for the Giants team*, their workmanlike attitude and their fan base. This is going to be a very good rivalry going forward.

I agree that the Skins vs. Giants rivalry could well shape up into one of the best rivalries for years to come. That last game ripped my heart out, but I couldn't have been more proud of Robert Griffin hanging in there all the way down to the wire. I expect more of the same this Monday night. From here on out, every game for the Skins is a playoff game. If we don't make it, that's okay this year. We are shaping up into a team that is a vast improvement over the past several years.

*Not real crazy about John Mara

What did John Mara do?

Sarcasman
12-04-2012, 10:49 PM

I'm not a Shanahan fan but the guy is a great, great coach. He's the biggest reason the Skins are relevant again. More importantly, the combination of Griffin and such a great QB coach like Shanahan is scary and may well be for many years to come.

I'm really counting on the Snyder factor here to somehow eff it all up. He certainly has the ability to do so....I'm just hoping he somehow can't help himself.......

Toadofsteel
12-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Don't forget the skins can't draft until the third round next year. And no, Mara had nothing to do with that deal so you can't blame him for it skins fans...

Broadway Blue
12-05-2012, 01:17 AM
Just remember to come back here when you lose jerk off... Man Redskin fans are worse then Eagles fans.

Almost as bad as some Cowboys fans

giantyankee1976
12-05-2012, 08:22 AM
Almost as bad as some Cowboys fans

that's what I meant by Cowboys Fans lite...actually Snyder is the BIGGEST reason I hate the skins.

again, Historically the Redskins are a great franchise...Snyder's stink has diminished their overall excellence. and his tweet after Monday night's game about sums it up.

RG is the real deal and no one doubted this, until my Team can get more disciplined and stop the f'n run the East just got a hell of a lot tighter.

cause only an idiot counts out the Eagles.

Giants = Skins = Cowboys = Eagles

sad but true