PDA

View Full Version : Who does Ross cover?

Overdrive92
12-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Who is Aaron Ross going to cover this Sunday? Holmes or Plax?

Dear lord, imaging Ross on either one of those guys makes me scared.

Rudyy
12-21-2011, 03:54 PM
This whole defense is scary.

Redeyejedi
12-21-2011, 03:54 PM

Dear lord, imaging Ross on either one of those guys makes me scared.Im not really worried about the Jets receivers at all. Plax has 38 catches this season for 523 yards.He is a mediocre number 2 receiver and im being kind.The Giants match up well on defense with the Jets.I dont see the Jets scoring for then 24 points

BlueJayC
12-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Who is Aaron Ross going to cover this Sunday? Holmes or Plax? Dear lord, imaging Ross on either one of those guys makes me scared.</P>

The guy with 150 yards receiving, 3 TD's and 14 3rd Down Conversions at the end of the game.....that willtell you whoRoss covered......</P>

Robert21156
12-21-2011, 11:56 PM

Is this a trick question? Perhaps someone on our coaching staff could explain to Ross what it means to "cover" a receiver. Holdup, not sure if anyone on our staff is qualified to offer up such advice.

buddy33
12-22-2011, 12:02 AM
Who ever he covers hopefully they give him some Safety help.

Actually, and I know it was just pre season, I remember Ross covering Burress and doing a good job.

jomo
12-22-2011, 12:03 AM
Ross generally doesn't cover anyone. [;)]

bearbryant
12-22-2011, 12:20 AM
Himself!

gmen0820
12-22-2011, 12:26 AM
The guy that's open.

egyptian420
12-22-2011, 12:44 AM
Ross generally doesn't cover anyone. [;)]
lmao

NYG_88
12-22-2011, 12:46 AM
The guy in the end zone celebrating a touchdown.

BallinNY
12-22-2011, 01:19 AM
Probably Kerley in the slot, I hope they keep Prince out there against Burress.

Martyr
12-22-2011, 01:41 AM
Who is Aaron Ross going to cover this Sunday? Holmes or Plax? Dear lord, imaging Ross on either one of those guys makes me scared.</P>

</P>

If he was on any other team he'd be covering the bench</P>

Vtgmenfan89
12-22-2011, 01:42 AM
Who will he be lined up against? Not totally sure, good question.

Who is he going to cover? Probably nobody.

Just busting your/Ross' chops a bit, I have a good feeling he'll play better than he has been playing.

I personally expect to see them mixed up a bit in terms of who covers who. Don't sleep on Holmes and Plax people...Plax knows these DB's as he used to practice against them and Holmes is no slouch, the guy was a super bowl mvp. Neither are what they used to be but they can play. I'm more concerned about our defensive scheming than our players getting beat, truthfully.

Overdrive92
12-22-2011, 02:02 AM

You're joking right?

ELI_Iz_God
12-22-2011, 02:04 AM

Just have JPP cover everybody.....at least you know effort will be put into it

BallinNY
12-22-2011, 02:33 AM

You're joking right?

would you rather have Ross on Burress? or Prince on Holmes? or Ross on Holmes?

The way I see it is that Webster vs. Holmes is best because he is their most elite route runner and best receiver. Burress is doing well lately, but we can put Prince on him, and afford to shift coverage to help him over the top. Sanchez isn't accurate enough and Burress doesn't have a vast route tree that Holmes has to take advantage.

Boley and Williams will split duties on backs and TE's and the safeties might work in (Grant most likely), Rolle will take slot in our base (which usually includes Grant) 4-2-5.

Ross will come in when they go 4 wide.

Overdrive92
12-22-2011, 02:44 AM

You're joking right?

The way I see it is that Webster vs. Holmes is best because he is their most elite route runner and best receiver. Burress is doing well lately, but we can put Prince on him, and afford to shift coverage to help him over the top. Sanchez isn't accurate enough and Burress doesn't have a vast route tree that Holmes has to take advantage.

Boley and Williams will split duties on backs and TE's and the safeties might work in (Grant most likely), Rolle will take slot in our base (which usually includes Grant) 4-2-5.

I would rather have Ross cover Plax rather than Prince, yes. Prince got owned last week and is just not ready yet. I'm not calling him a bust, but he's coming off an injury and has hardly had any NFL experience. He's not ready to be a real contributor yet.

Firenugget
12-22-2011, 06:20 AM
Hopefully his head...at home...

BallinNY
12-22-2011, 12:41 PM

You're joking right?

I would rather have Ross cover Plax rather than Prince, yes. Prince got owned last week and is just not ready yet. I'm not calling him a bust, but he's coming off an injury and has hardly had any NFL experience. He's not ready to be a real contributor yet.

I would rather have Prince on him, thats just my feeling. Ross doesn't handle larger receivers well, he is much better suited on average height receivers that are more possession a.k.a. Kerley or Turner because Holmes is way too agile for him.

Prince does well against big receivers because he is a larger corner and is good at playing the ball in the air. Plax will most likely win matchups, but shifting coverage his way and forcing the ball to go that way by locking up holmes and keller with webster and boley/grant will most likely cause incompletions or interceptions the way that Sanchez has been performing.

Amukamara in press man is not something he has to adjust to, and he played very well in this coverage despite letting up the incomplete touchdown to jennings and getting raped on that PI call too. He is much more natural in this coverage and I feel that allowing him to play it will help him along. He needs some confidence, and Sanchez has done that to DBs this season.

GiantsYanks
12-22-2011, 01:22 PM

You're joking right?

I would rather have Prince on him, thats just my feeling. Ross doesn't handle larger receivers well, he is much better suited on average height receivers that are more possession a.k.a. Kerley or Turner because Holmes is way too agile for him.

Prince does well against big receivers because he is a larger corner and is good at playing the ball in the air. Plax will most likely win matchups, but shifting coverage his way and forcing the ball to go that way by locking up holmes and keller with webster and boley/grant will most likely cause incompletions or interceptions the way that Sanchez has been performing.

Amukamara in press man is not something he has to adjust to, and he played very well in this coverage despite letting up the incomplete touchdown to jennings and getting raped on that PI call too. He is much more natural in this coverage and I feel that allowing him to play it will help him along. He needs some confidence, and Sanchez has done that to DBs this season.

Prince does well against big receivers? I've watched all the games this season and I can't say he's done anything good yet. So I'm not sure where you are basing this opinion off of. He's just not ready to contribute this season and it clearly shows. Maybe Fewell should help him out with safety coverage over the top but all I have seen this season is him getting toasted play after play. Our best corner is Webster and sadly Ross is the next best.

Dirt66
12-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Ross generally doesn't cover anyone. [;)] Amen brother!!

dezzzR
12-22-2011, 01:43 PM
I think ross will be on holmes and web will be on plax. i think web will shut plax down for the most part.

threenout
12-22-2011, 02:05 PM
Ross appears to have physical talent yet he constantly gets beat. He looked great in his fist 2 years but from then it's been a disaste. Do not think he is the sharpest knife in the draw. Cannot forget the loss of outside containment on Vick last year. He just had to stay outside to keep Vick in pocket and he screwed it up. Very little situational awareness.....something many Giants lack

GameTime
12-22-2011, 02:11 PM
it all starts with the front getting pressure on Sanchez. If they dont it doesn matter who is covering whom because completions will be made.</P>

More importantly....Who will covering Keller?????</P>

He will kill underneath if Sanchez has too much time....</P>

Giants will need at least 28 to win on Saturday....</P>

</P>

Gmen2005
12-22-2011, 02:13 PM
I'd put him on Keller, he obviously can't cover any WR in the NFL so put him on the tight end.

dezzzR
12-22-2011, 02:32 PM
it all starts with the front getting pressure on Sanchez. If they dont it doesn matter who is covering whom because completions will be made.</p>

More importantly....Who will covering Keller?????</p>

He will kill underneath if Sanchez has too much time....</p>

<u>Giants will need at least 28 to win on Saturday....</u></p>

</p>no different from any other week.

yoeddy
12-22-2011, 02:51 PM

You're joking right?

Ross is better-suited to cover Plax than Prince. Ross gets beat by quick/fast receivers who can twist him around or fake him out, but he can actually play good physical coverage...and Plax is not the kind of WR that does his thing with speed or quickness. Prince has really short arms, so even if he does stay with Plax, Plax will have a much bigger advantage over him than Ross.

Overdrive92
12-22-2011, 04:01 PM
I think ross will be on holmes and web will be on plax. i think web will shut plax down for the most part.

I have a feeling this is what will happen as well.

Didn't they put Ross on NE's fastest receiver, Welker, for most of the NE game? I can't remember, but I think so. I think they may choose to do that again here, putting Ross on Holmes and Webster on Plax.