PDA

View Full Version : Had a talk with Toomer today

Bigg Bluee
01-30-2009, 11:16 PM
Okay, well, let me shake off all of my excitement and try to type with my numb fingers.</P>

I went to the NFL expereience at Raymond James today with two buddies. Tons of activities and drills ( I threw a 45 Yard pass, yay) and a cool atmosphere, but that's besides the point. I went to see Justin Tuck, and i got in line a little late. I managed to shake his hand, but didnt make it up to him by the end of the hour ( players shift every hour). After cursing like crazy, they anounced that Toomer was up next. Oh man, didn't expect that. Time passes, and i'm standing in front of toomer shaking his hand. The event was hosted by Sprint, and the player got to call anyone i chose so i had Toomer call my little brother. After the call, we talked. </P>

</P>

What a talk. He told me what he didn't tell reporters, what he really felt. Only a minute in, the lady rushes me off because the line was long, and my call was over.I was ready to punch her, because what i was hearing from Toomer was really like, wow. I know this site is owned by the Giants organization, so i don't want to post anything. As dumb as that may sound, he's a classy guy. I might get some photos up tomorrow, but it was blurry because my camera ran out of batteries</P>

</P>

I also have a photo with Bryan Mitchell, Cleo Lemon, and a good pic of our superbowl ring.</P>

Should have got a pic of Bennet, and i got there after marshawn lynch, John Lynch, and Calvin johnson =/</P>

</P>

I'll also add, don't expect Toomer back at all.</P>

Bleedin Blue Since '62
01-30-2009, 11:24 PM
Okay, well, let me shake off all of my excitement and try to type with my numb fingers.</P>

I went to the NFL expereience at Raymond James today with two buddies. Tons of activities and drills ( I threw a 45 Yard pass, yay) and a cool atmosphere, but that's besides the point. I went to see Justin Tuck, and i got in line a little late. I managed to shake his hand, but didnt make it up to him by the end of the hour ( players shift every hour). After cursing like crazy, they anounced that Toomer was up next. Oh man, didn't expect that. Time passes, and i'm standing in front of toomer shaking his hand. The event was hosted by Sprint, and the player got to call anyone i chose so i had Toomer call my little brother. After the call, we talked. </P>

</P>

What a talk. He told me what he didn't tell reporters, what he really felt. Only a minute in, the lady rushes me off because the line was long, and my call was over.I was ready to punch her, because what i was hearing from Toomer was really like, wow. I know this site is owned by the Giants organization, so i don't want to post anything. As dumb as that may sound, he's a classy guy. I might get some photos up tomorrow, but it was blurry because my camera ran out of batteries</P>

</P>

I also have a photo with Bryan Mitchell, Cleo Lemon, and a good pic of our superbowl ring.</P>

Should have got a pic of Bennet, and i got there after marshawn lynch, John Lynch, and Calvin johnson =/</P>

</P>

</P>

Sounds like an interesting and fun day! I may go tomorrow.</P>

Bigg Bluee
01-30-2009, 11:29 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

It was fun, but depressing. I felt really bad for Amani, and it almost seemed like he was spilling his guts to me. He also told me some things about the organization i dont think he should have said in public after i asked about the coaching and the gameplans in the playoffs. It was just me he said this stuff to, which is really strange. What i can say though, is that maybe we shouldn't be blaming Gilbride...and that's all. </P>

LT= Lawrence Taylor
01-30-2009, 11:33 PM
Okay, well, let me shake off all of my excitement and try to type with my numb fingers.</p>

I went to the NFL expereience at Raymond James today with two buddies. Tons of activities and drills ( I threw a 45 Yard pass, yay) and a cool atmosphere, but that's besides the point. I went to see Justin Tuck, and i got in line a little late. I managed to shake his hand, but didnt make it up to him by the end of the hour ( players shift every hour). After cursing like crazy, they anounced that Toomer was up next. Oh man, didn't expect that. Time passes, and i'm standing in front of toomer shaking his hand. The event was hosted by Sprint, and the player got to call anyone i chose so i had Toomer call my little brother. After the call, we talked. </p>

</p>

What a talk. He told me what he didn't tell reporters, what he really felt. Only a minute in, the lady rushes me off because the line was long, and my call was over.I was ready to punch her, because what i was hearing from Toomer was really like, wow. I know this site is owned by the Giants organization, so i don't want to post anything. As dumb as that may sound, he's a classy guy. I might get some photos up tomorrow, but it was blurry because my camera ran out of batteries</p>

</p>

I also have a photo with Bryan Mitchell, Cleo Lemon, and a good pic of our superbowl ring.</p>

Should have got a pic of Bennet, and i got there after marshawn lynch, John Lynch, and Calvin johnson =/</p>

</p>

I'll also add, don't expect Toomer back at all.</p>

Sounds like a fun day! Wish I coulda gone.

bansaw
01-30-2009, 11:42 PM
so Amani told you his situation?

well I have enough chips...I call that bluff...

Harooni
01-30-2009, 11:45 PM
so you post this teaser and don't tell us what he said? wow thanks a lot.

you realize that is ##### of you.

mm82
01-30-2009, 11:47 PM
<FONT size=2>why would toomer tell his deepest thought to some random fan. Sorry you didn't see much of tuck but it seems like a fun experience</FONT></P>

Bigg Bluee
01-30-2009, 11:47 PM
Bansaw, i honestly don't care what you call.</P>

You don't have to believe me, your opinion doesn't matter.</P>

I have no reason to lie on here, and even if i had recorded what he said, i wouldn't sell it.</P>

He's a good man, and i'm sad to see him go.</P>

However, your ignorance does piss me off. It's people like you who don't deserve to hear what i heard from him today. I don't know if it was because i was 16 and he thought he could tell me, don't know. Honestly, as soon as we started talking about his situation, the woman rushed me off...maybe it wasn't time. </P>

</P>

bansaw
01-30-2009, 11:49 PM
lol

[:|]

Harooni
01-30-2009, 11:53 PM
Bansaw, i honestly don't care what you call.</p>

You don't have to believe me, your opinion doesn't matter.</p>

I have no reason to lie on here, and even if i had recorded what he said, i wouldn't sell it.</p>

He's a good man, and i'm sad to see him go.</p>

However, your ignorance does piss me off. It's people like you who don't deserve to hear what i heard from him today. I don't know if it was because i was 16 and he thought he could tell me, don't know. Honestly, as soon as we started talking about his situation, the woman rushed me off...maybe it wasn't time. </p>

</p>
Take it from his point of view, a 16 year old tells us that toomer told him things even the media did not hear, and then does not tell us what he said, come on man.

PlainJane
01-30-2009, 11:55 PM
This is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. I can see the wave of responses rolling in and its not looking good. </P>

I, really do want to believe this story, as unlikely as it sounds. It is difficult, but I am trying</P>

Bigg Bluee
01-30-2009, 11:55 PM

</P>

IN 'MY' OPINION...</P>

It wasn't Gilbride. Something in the system has changed, and it came from the higher-ups in the organization. Reese had his part in what happened more than we all know and think, and it goes above Reese as well. Seems like they were trying to force Amani out of his role by playing the younger guys as much as they did. He's not going back to that system, he won't, because something is wrong. There was a look in his eyes..that was kind of depressing.</P>

</P>

=/</P>

</P>

Warthy0
01-30-2009, 11:59 PM
yeah this was a really d-bag thing to post, whether it is true or not. if you weren't going to tell us what Toomer apparently "confided" in you, than don't even mention that he told you anything. If you wanted to share with us that you met him and Tuck you could just say like, Yeah I met Toomer today and had a short talk with him he seemed like a real classy guy. Otherwise this is just stupid.

byron
01-30-2009, 11:59 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

It was fun, but depressing. I felt really bad for Amani, and it almost seemed like he was spilling his guts to me. He also told me some things about the organization i dont think he should have said in public after i asked about the coaching and the gameplans in the playoffs. It was just me he said this stuff to, which is really strange. What i can say though, is that maybe we shouldn't be blaming Gilbride...and that's all. </P> Wouldn't It be nice to know just what does go on, it certainly would put an end to all the speculation. But the board would probably be dull. Maybe someone willwrite a tell all a book someday lol. My hope is that whatever is broke gets fixed before the start of next season. Not saying this was a bad year it just ended badly and brought a lot into question. Execution and playcalling can't have one without the other. Amani is hurt by it all ,he wanted to stay a Giant looks like it won't happen.

bansaw
01-31-2009, 12:06 AM
people on here seem to believe that its as easy as pie to redo a philosphy, the approach of the gameplan, the playbook all in a couple of weeks.

They study and practice it from minicamps, then when you lose a key part of that philosophy at such a late part in the season you can't redo it and expect it to be flawless.

What it sounds like is since they couldn't create a new playbook Amani felt he should have been the one to take Plax's spot, the Team didn't.

But for people to blame Gilbride for the way things ended is well .... par for the course here

Harooni
01-31-2009, 12:15 AM

</p>

IN 'MY' OPINION...</p>

It wasn't Gilbride. Something in the system has changed, and it came from the higher-ups in the organization. Reese had his part in what happened more than we all know and think, and it goes above Reese as well. Seems like they were trying to force Amani out of his role by playing the younger guys as much as they did. He's not going back to that system, he won't, because something is wrong. There was a look in his eyes..that was kind of depressing.</p>

</p>

=/</p>

</p>
Toomer is a FA , we have 4 young wr's I had a inkling.

but thanks