PDA

View Full Version : this could be the answer to the our problems...

paul anthony
12-21-2011, 03:14 PM
i know everyone is talking about bill cowher for head coach but i kinda dont want to see this team transfer into a 3-4 defense, this would require some new personnel and rebuilding to be able to play that scheme. instead i would love if vic fangio decided that he wants to become a head coach and the giants jump after him, what hes doing for the 49rs defense right now in unbelievable and he could easily come in a turn this teams defense into something to be fears as it once was when steve spags was still here. what do you guys think?

Spizi
12-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Anyone would do a better job than PF. We have a very similar roster to last year yet we went from one of the best defenses to one of the worst. Fewels fault.

Differences
- tucks a *****
- tt ir'd
- goff ir'd
- no cofield

you're telling me that because we lost those 3 guys, none of whom are top ten or even top 15 in the nfl (minus tuck), we suck now?!?! it's obviously coaching

Blue since 2
12-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Don't the 49ers run a 3-4??

egyptian420
12-21-2011, 03:20 PM

yea they do...which is impossible for us to do at this point, we don't even have enough good LB's for a 4-3

Spizi
12-21-2011, 03:22 PM

Yes, but so what?? Look at the best and worse defenses in the nfl. Notice any similarities. The top 5 defenses are all 3-4 and the bottom 5 are all 4-3 hmmmmmm.

We could make the change. It only takes 1 offseason. Some people act like it's impossible though.

paul anthony
12-21-2011, 03:27 PM
didint the 49ers switch to a 4-3 defense this year when they acquired harbaugh? though i read something about that.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Sorry I clicked on this topic with an alcoholic beverage image in mind... Crown Royal...Vodka.. Don Julio... I''m disappointed... ahahahaha [;)]

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp124/serenamurillo/icons%20and%20pics/crown-royal-purple.jpg

egyptian420
12-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Sorry I clicked on this topic with an alcoholic beverage image in mind... Crown Royal...Vodka.. Don Julio... I''m disappointed... ahahahaha [;)]

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp124/serenamurillo/icons%20and%20pics/crown-royal-purple.jpg

This is what I'll be drinking straight out of the bottle this Saturday during the Jets game....if we're getting blown out, I imagine the bottle might be already done by halftime...

http://www.ebottleo.com.au/images/Bacardi%20Rum%201L.jpg

NYG4lifeNYK
12-21-2011, 03:47 PM

This is what I'll be drinking straight out of the bottle this Saturday during the Jets game....if we're getting blown out, I imagine the bottle might be already done by halftime...

http://www.ebottleo.com.au/images/Bacardi%20Rum%201L.jpg

I have this

http://popsop.ru/wp-content/uploads/bacardi-flavored-ru.jpg

and Crown & Patron awaiting.......hopefully I won't have to drinkt oo much of it....unless of course it's in victory!

NYG4lifeNYK
12-21-2011, 03:48 PM
wow that picture is huge... lol

egyptian420
12-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Lol that's intense, I wish I had some of that. Does the dragon cost extra? lol

Eli2Nicks612
12-21-2011, 03:52 PM

Yes, but so what?? Look at the best and worse defenses in the nfl. Notice any similarities. The top 5 defenses are all 3-4 and the bottom 5 are all 4-3 hmmmmmm.

We could make the change. It only takes 1 offseason. Some people act like it's impossible though.

Top ten defenses:
1. Steelers 3-4
2. Texans 3-4
3. Ravens 3-4
4. Jaguars 4-3
5. 49ers 3-4
6. Bengals 4-3
7. Jets 3-4
8. Seahawks 4-3
9. Falcons 4-3
10. Eagles 4-3

So 4 out of the top 5 are 3-4 while there's an even split for the top ten. I don't think it's the system that's really the difference. It seems more of a personnel thing. The top teams are all loaded with great players that fit their system perfectly. If you put someone like Troy Polamalu or Ed Reed on a 4-3 that defense could easily be in the top five. We've all seen how our 4-3 defense was number one in 2008 with a good DC and great players and leadership.

And people act like a transition would be seamless. Our linemen are too small to play in a 3-4. We could use Canty and maybe Joseph at DE and Kiwi could make a good linebacker, but we'd still be left with sub-par linebackers, no nose tackle, and three 4-3 linemen who will be too small to play DE in a 3-4 and probably not good enough against the pass to play linebacker. Look at the Redskins: in 2009 they were 10th in the league with a 4-3, then in 2010 they switch to a 3-4 and they drop to 31st. Now in 2011 they are 12th. So two years and one huge signing bust later, they've used up two years to have a worse defense. What makes you guys think the Giants will be different.

T-Murda84
12-21-2011, 03:56 PM

The 49ers have all the pieces for a 3-4 defense. Justin Smith has always been a good run defender and can rush the passer after playing a 4-3 DE for the Bengals. Willis and Bowman are just beasts in the middle and can shed blocks. The good another young kid named Aldon Smith who is a very good pass rusher and can play in space.

The Giants could never be a 3-4 team with this current roster. Boley cant even shed a block off a physical receiver and u want him in a 3-4? Tuck and Osi is too soft to take on to take on double teams and cannot play in space....they even complained when we sent zone blitzes with Sheridan. Pierre Paul is the only one who can really play this defense because he has the natural talent to be relentless. 16 tackles in a great from a DE position...thats great hustle.

The Giants were built almost like a Tampa 2 team...just without the linebackers and hard hitting-ball hawk safeties and a secondary that is too dumb to understand zone coverage. U combine all of that together and u get a defense that is a hot mess like the Defense u see here.

Our offense cannot run the ball because our GM decided to not draft linemen or get a quality veteren in....so that means that this sorry defense stays on the field longer than what we would like. Then yall Jerks say that Gilbride should run the hurry up....WHY? So we can see more of this sorry defense? We can run a west coast style of offense because our GM doesnt think its necessary to have a great tight end or running back who can catch. Our GM said " Beckum can catch 30 passes", I guess we wasnt looking for much production from the tight end spot in the first place.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-21-2011, 03:57 PM

ahahahaha... there is no dragon.. u must be drunk [:D]

we just completely hijacked this topic lmao.. us alchys

egyptian420
12-21-2011, 03:59 PM

lmao

egyptian420
12-21-2011, 04:00 PM

lmao....well if I'm not mistaken, the title of the thread is "this could be the answer to our problems", we're making a damn good suggestion

Spizi
12-21-2011, 04:04 PM

Top ten defenses:
1. Steelers 3-4
2. Texans 3-4
3. Ravens 3-4
4. Jaguars 4-3
5. 49ers 3-4
6. Bengals 4-3
7. Jets 3-4
8. Seahawks 4-3
9. Falcons 4-3
10. Eagles 4-3

So 4 out of the top 5 are 3-4 while there's an even split for the top ten. I don't think it's the system that's really the difference. It seems more of a personnel thing. The top teams are all loaded with great players that fit their system perfectly. If you put someone like Troy Polamalu or Ed Reed on a 4-3 that defense could easily be in the top five. We've all seen how our 4-3 defense was number one in 2008 with a good DC and great players and leadership.

And people act like a transition would be seamless. Our linemen are too small to play in a 3-4. We could use Canty and maybe Joseph at DE and Kiwi could make a good linebacker, but we'd still be left with sub-par linebackers, no nose tackle, and three 4-3 linemen who will be too small to play DE in a 3-4 and probably not good enough against the pass to play linebacker. Look at the Redskins: in 2009 they were 10th in the league with a 4-3, then in 2010 they switch to a 3-4 and they drop to 31st. Now in 2011 they are 12th. So two years and one huge signing bust later, they've used up two years to have a worse defense. What makes you guys think the Giants will be different.

When I said look at the top 5 defenses I was referring to pts/game and the top 5 are all 3-4. Are you telling me that Houston and Miami have more talent on defense than the giants?? I don't believe so.

The transition would be far from seamless but it is definitely feasible. Our draft and Free Agency would consist of obtaining 3-4 players and we would trade or cut none 3-4 players.

Kiwi---Tuck-------LJ-------Canty---JPP
------------Kuechly--Boley---------------

Besides it's not like we would run a 3-4 on 3rd and long! We would run a nickle package like any other 3-4 team

Tuck-----Kiwi-----Austin-----JPP
----------Boley-----JWill-----------

NYG4lifeNYK
12-21-2011, 04:27 PM

lmao....well if I'm not mistaken, the title of the thread is "this could be the answer to our problems", we're making a damn good suggestion

hahaha very good point.....