PDA

View Full Version : Alex Smith

ShakeandBake
11-28-2012, 06:03 PM
Where are all those dumbass 49er fans who were saying Alex Smith is elite not but a month ago? What do you clowns have to say now?

Deschi
11-28-2012, 06:51 PM
As soon as I read the title I instinctively said "sucks"

Moke
11-28-2012, 09:28 PM
He certainly isn't elite but he can get the job done. Really sucks to see Kap take over the starting position and i can place a bet that Alex takes over again before the playoffs.

nygfan90
11-28-2012, 09:40 PM
He certainly isn't elite but he can get the job done. Really sucks to see Kap take over the starting position and i can place a bet that Alex takes over again before the playoffs.Deff agree. Alex has been there done that. I'm sure they're gonna want someone with experience behind center going into the playoffs. Then again, will doing that mess with the chemistry at all with their receivers? I know they look fine now but who knows if they keep switching QB's.

Parademon
11-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Who would most of you want to see behind center if we play SF in the playoffs again? I'd rather face Smith as Kap is a much more athletic & versatile QB & has the much stronger arm.

BlueSanta
11-28-2012, 10:14 PM
You mean like Kurt Warner? Lol Smith over Eli.....nah he isnt a hater.

Broadway Blue
11-29-2012, 01:40 AM
Alex Smith was never good to begin with

miked1958
11-29-2012, 02:12 AM
Where are all those dumbass 49er fans who were saying Alex Smith is elite not but a month ago? What do you clowns have to say now?i remember all of them coming on our boards and making their cases that he was better then Eli. Lol

Flip Empty
11-29-2012, 02:29 AM
He certainly isn't elite but he can get the job done. Really sucks to see Kap take over the starting position and i can place a bet that Alex takes over again before the playoffs.
I agree there. Switching quarterbacks this late in the season is odd for a genuine title contender. I would not want Kaepernick starting in the playoffs.

CTLadyBlue
11-29-2012, 10:23 AM
Heard this being discussed on WFAN this morning. Wait - as soon as Kap has a 3-interception bungle, they'll being screaming for Smith. But if I were Smith, I'd be royally ticked. He did nothing to lose his job. The guy got hurt, had to sit out a game or two and a new wonder-boy was discovered. You don't do this to your starter unless he's royally effing up the game and his teams chance of winning.

Hey Smith - the Jets will have an opening for you next season!

PETEY006
11-29-2012, 10:46 AM
He's def not Elite but his numbers are better than Kap.
He was having a great season and got benched for being injured.. smh

Harbarugh's plan will backfire. Its stupid that they are throwing their starting QB that almost got you to the Superbowl under the bus..

Toadofsteel
11-29-2012, 12:26 PM
Heard this being discussed on WFAN this morning. Wait - as soon as Kap has a 3-interception bungle, they'll being screaming for Smith. But if I were Smith, I'd be royally ticked. He did nothing to lose his job. The guy got hurt, had to sit out a game or two and a new wonder-boy was discovered. You don't do this to your starter unless he's royally effing up the game and his teams chance of winning.

Diehl did nothing to lose his job either...

ShakeandBake
11-29-2012, 12:40 PM
i remember all of them coming on our boards and making their cases that he was better then Eli. Lol

Yup that is who this thread is directed towards, so many of these clowns were saying he was one of the best qbs in the entire league, what a joke those fans are!

BuffyBlueII
11-29-2012, 01:03 PM
Alex Smith is not as good as Eli Manning but he is a good QB. He is way more than just a game manager. Anmyone that thinks otherwise can watch his playoffs run last year, particularly the game against New Orleans Saints.

I guess Jim harbaugh is going with Colin Kapernick because the offense is responding so well to him but I think this is going to blow up in his face. Steadiness seems to be something that Alex Smith has developed over the past couple years but benching him in the middle of the season and then perhaps calling him back in when Colin Kapernick has struggles, which he will, may be pushing it.

Alex Smith should have expected something like this before the season began when they were jocking Peyton Manning so hard and trying to sign him.

Flip Empty
11-29-2012, 04:40 PM
I guess Jim harbaugh is going with Colin Kapernick because the offense is responding so well to him but I think this is going to blow up in his face.
I do, too. I reckon Kaep will singlehandedly bungle this team out of the playoffs.

BillTheGreek
11-29-2012, 04:52 PM
I do, too. I reckon Kaep will singlehandedly bungle this team out of the playoffs.

Let them FU...............I never want to see SF again, With C.Kap. or Alex..

Go Giants !

Eliscruzzz
11-29-2012, 05:39 PM
starting Kap will hurt this team watch...he is not RG3 or Cam I just don't have faith in this kid....think about it he scored 17 points against the Saints defense and beat a Bears team without Jay Culter. If the play a team that has both a good quarterback to put pressure on him to make plays and a good defense this kid will fold. I don't like Smith but I think they should have stuck with him....

Parademon
11-30-2012, 12:01 AM
[QUOTE=BuffyBlueII;596464]Alex Smith is not as good as Eli Manning but he is a good QB. He is way more than just a game manager. Anmyone that thinks otherwise can watch his playoffs run last year, particularly the game against New Orleans Saints.

Plz, Saints D is bad. What happened vs the Giants D the very next week? 1 of 14 on 3rd down & 0 completions to his WRs. He only wins games when the SF D limits the other team to under 17 pts. If the D is off that day & gives up over 20+, he struggles in a shootout. Big time game nmanager.

Kapernick will fold as soon as he runs into a real NFL defense in the playoffs.

tcseacliff
11-30-2012, 12:10 AM

Nah, the Jets would be too stupid to grab him< they have Sanchez! LMFAO!

giantyankee1976
11-30-2012, 07:14 AM
let's sit back and see if this causes a cancer in their locker room.

I hate the 9ers since the 80s so I have no sympathy for them or their fanbase. And Harbaugh is an overly emotional dip ****.

SweetZombieJesus
11-30-2012, 01:20 PM
You don't do this to your starter unless he's royally effing up the game and his teams chance of winning.

Don't forget what happened in the offseason when Smith's contract was up -- they were a finalist in the Peyton Manning derby and only brought Smith back when Peyton signed with the Broncos. He was already massively disrespected more than anybody since Trent Dilfer.

miked1958
11-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Don't forget what happened in the offseason when Smith's contract was up -- they were a finalist in the Peyton Manning derby and only brought Smith back when Peyton signed with the Broncos. He was already massively disrespected more than anybody since Trent Dilfer.The guy should demand a trade in offseason. he could make somebody like the Jets, Miami or Cinn a contender. (nothing against 28 yr old Weeden) but thats a franchise that has had something like 20 qbs in 18 seasons or something like that. I think Smith could do very well for himself elsewhere. I realize he feels he has started something at SF that he wants to finish but how many times can they disrespect him and he turn the other cheek

giantyankee1976
12-01-2012, 07:44 AM
Not Cincy (Andy Dalton) you meant Cleveland

...don't think Alex is that great to be honest. a journeyman for sure, but yes teams like the Jets, Kansas City or even the Vikings can benefit.

I never believed in Ponder and Tannenhil(sp) is decent, not great mind you.

Jim Harbaugh went with his guy, Kaepernick(sp) was the guy he wanted drafted, and there you go.

BlueBlooded1979
12-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Harbaugh showing his college roots. Playing games with the QB is fine there but this is the big boy league. This move could spell losing homefield or a first round flop. It wouldn't be unreasonable to see a young player with limited experience implode in there first playoff game.

Parademon
12-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Why all this support for Smith? He's a 49er, an enemy to my team. Who cares what the QB situation is in SF. I just want us to smash em in the playoffs again with whomever is behind center.

BillTheGreek
12-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Why all this support for Smith? He's a 49er, an enemy to my team. Who cares what the QB situation is in SF. I just want us to smash em in the playoffs again with whomever is behind center.

+1

Go Giants !

bELIeve_in_Giants
12-01-2012, 11:48 PM
Not a good precedent that all he did to lose his job was get a concussion. Look for more players to take that as a reason to hide their concussions.

ShakeandBake
12-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Alex Smith looked mighty pissed off today, congrats on giving St. Louis their 5th win San Fran!

FBomb
12-02-2012, 05:35 PM
It has to be a nightmare on their boards right now!!

Flip Empty
12-02-2012, 06:04 PM
No harm in following the rest of the league...

giantyankee1976
12-02-2012, 06:22 PM

I don't support him, like you the 9ers are my forth most hated team after the other **** bags in the NFCE...

I deeply dislike Jimmy Harbaugh too, his personality is wet

blueomaha
12-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Harbaugh looks like he's on speed...eyes look like they're popping out of his head...

scoopscj
12-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Ya. Seriously. He's their offense

Sarcasman
12-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Where are all those dumbass 49er fans who were saying Alex Smith is elite not but a month ago? What do you clowns have to say now?

They're still trying to convince themselves that the NFC W is the best division in football.

I read that on the internet so that means it's true.

Sarcasman
12-03-2012, 09:52 AM
I agree there. Switching quarterbacks this late in the season is odd for a genuine title contender. I would not want Kaepernick starting in the playoffs.

It's just Harbaugh over-coaching again.

BuffyBlueII
12-06-2012, 01:05 PM
[QUOTE=BuffyBlueII;596464]Alex Smith is not as good as Eli Manning but he is a good QB. He is way more than just a game manager. Anmyone that thinks otherwise can watch his playoffs run last year, particularly the game against New Orleans Saints.

Plz, Saints D is bad. What happened vs the Giants D the very next week? 1 of 14 on 3rd down & 0 completions to his WRs. He only wins games when the SF D limits the other team to under 17 pts. If the D is off that day & gives up over 20+, he struggles in a shootout. Big time game nmanager.

Kapernick will fold as soon as he runs into a real NFL defense in the playoffs.

He scored more than 17 against us in regular season last year. Alex Smith is a damn good QB and I am real happy Jim Harbaugh decided to go with Kap because that will backfire on him. Hopefully we get our act together and make it to the playoffs to take advantage of them imploding.

Broadway Blue
12-06-2012, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE=Parademon;596846]

He scored more than 17 against us in regular season last year. Alex Smith is a damn good QB and I am real happy Jim Harbaugh decided to go with Kap because that will backfire on him. Hopefully we get our act together and make it to the playoffs to take advantage of them imploding.

Why would you choose Kaepernick over a QB that lead you to the NFC Championship game?

This has to be one of the worst decisions in Harbaugh's coaching career

94niners
01-05-2013, 09:16 AM

ahah, ehem, a ha, ha ... eehhehe..ahhh.... ah.....BWUAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://s1.postimage.org/jpeza7y7f/coffee_spray.gif (http://postimage.org/)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk

Why would you choose Kaepernick over a QB that lead you to the NFC Championship game?

This has to be one of the worst decisions in Harbaugh's coaching career

Well, at this point he is third in the league in QBR. Alex only finished 7th. He seems to be doing everything Alex did except he has a legitimate deep ball.

gmen0820
01-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Deff agree. Alex has been there done that. I'm sure they're gonna want someone with experience behind center going into the playoffs. Then again, will doing that mess with the chemistry at all with their receivers? I know they look fine now but who knows if they keep switching QB's.Alex has two games of playoff experience. He's just as green as the second year player.

Hopefully Harbaugh successfully set precedent in benching tenured starters for better backups.

Sarcasman
01-05-2013, 12:54 PM
It was an interesting move, let's see how it plays out. I think Kap is better than Smith but that's not really saying a whole lot. I love the 49 fan brainlessness when attempting to justify Smith as a great QB whether that is now or earlier this year.

The defining criteria should be: how many NFL teams would prefer Alex Smith over their current QB? My gut tells me that more than 15 teams would pass on Smith and keep their current guy.

Parademon
01-05-2013, 08:10 PM
[QUOTE=94niners;652999]ahah, ehem, a ha, ha ... eehhehe..ahhh.... ah.....BWUAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://s1.postimage.org/jpeza7y7f/coffee_spray.gif (http://postimage.org/)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk

Laugh now sweetums, Entire 9er fanbase breathed a huge sigh of relief when we were eliminated from the playoffs. Deep down, they did not wanna face us in the playoffs again, nor did GB fans. Deny it all you want!

BigBlueAllDay
01-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Alex Smith got benched for a more athletic and better QB for the 49er offense, plain and simple, and now they're in the playoffs. He'll be released or traded after this season. There's no way the 49ers are going to carry his big contract to be a back-up QB to Kaepernick.

BigBlueAllDay
01-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Alex has two games of playoff experience. He's just as green as the second year player.

Hopefully Harbaugh successfully set precedent in benching tenured starters for better backups.

That's not much of a precedent. Not every team operates their roster like the Giants. lol

Parademon
01-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Maybe if they did, TC would have played the rookies & healthier players over all the hurt ones he allowed to play at less than full strength & we would have run away with the division & not be sitting at home watching teams we could have smashed.

Starting next season , the Giants really need to get away from that ol school mentality of continuing to play injured/struggling vets over healthy players.

miked1958
01-06-2013, 04:43 PM
ahah, ehem, a ha, ha ... eehhehe..ahhh.... ah.....BWUAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://s1.postimage.org/jpeza7y7f/coffee_spray.gif (http://postimage.org/)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnkWell, at this point he is third in the league in QBR. Alex only finished 7th. He seems to be doing everything Alex did except he has a legitimate deep ball.its fine go ahead and laugh. We didnt make it in... You, GB and the Patriots as well as even Atlanta should all be breathing a sign of relief. We make the lives of teams like those miserable come playoff time. Fortune for all of you the Gmen missed the playoffs by a few points. Lost by 2 the first time to Philly due to trying an ill advised deep pass to Barden when all he needed to do was check down to Bradshaw as they were already in FG range. The deep pass resulted in offensive PI and the ten yard penalty allowed the long FG to fall just short. Also lost to Washington second time around 17-16.. So we didn't get some of the lucky breaks you have to have to make a run at a SB..

Good luck to your niners this season.. Here's to hoping we renew the rivalry next season.... IMO SF is the lesser of two evils when going up against GB. In title game I would also root for SF over Atlanta. Depending on who's I sb I may root for SF to go all the way. Hate ravens and patriots.. Would however cheer for Houston or Denver if they got there