PDA

View Full Version : IS Tuck hurting

ibbill
11-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Around the 1 minute 3 second part.Seems to have hurt himself.Thanks to Chuckknoxx for the video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mrchuckknoxx/featured

Kruunch
11-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Be easier to say when he's not hurt.

ryan12
11-29-2012, 11:59 AM
he is old slow and sucks

slickj966
11-29-2012, 12:00 PM
I am starting to wonder if Tuck might actually retire when the season is over....

FrankAE
11-29-2012, 12:00 PM
Yea, his injuries/age equal old man. 2 rings, lets hope he retires this year as a Giant

Jahh
11-29-2012, 12:03 PM
Damn, he's only 29.

Kruunch
11-29-2012, 12:07 PM
Damn, he's only 29.

He's always getting nicked up and disappears for multiple games at a time.

That and he's talked about retirement previously ... I just don't think his body is standing up to the punishment.

Jahh
11-29-2012, 01:22 PM
He's always getting nicked up and disappears for multiple games at a time.

That and he's talked about retirement previously ... I just don't think his body is standing up to the punishment.

You think its a real possibility that he retires?

JJC7301
11-29-2012, 01:32 PM
I believe that he'll be retiring after this year, especially if his contract is up (which I believe it is). He's been a great player/person, but I can't say that I'll be sorry to see him go because he just disappears too often. I don't think he's been the same, or as consistent, every since he suffered that shoulder injury when he got pushed from behind by that Dallas left tackle (name not recalled -- maybe Flozell Adams?) a few years ago.

It's time to move Kiwi up to DE full time (next year), see what Ojomo's got, and draft and groom another DE or two.

ebick
11-29-2012, 01:37 PM
I also think he has lost some of the zest for the game. Didn't he say before this year that last year he just wasn't as motivated, and he was gong to fix that this year? Doesn't really look like he has.

timmytimm3
11-29-2012, 01:38 PM
I believe that he'll be retiring after this year, especially if his contract is up (which I believe it is). He's been a great player/person, but I can't say that I'll be sorry to see him go because he just disappears too often. I don't think he's been the same, or as consistent, every since he suffered that shoulder injury when he got pushed from behind by that Dallas left tackle (name not recalled -- maybe Flozell Adams?) a few years ago.

It's time to move Kiwi up to DE full time (next year), see what Ojomo's got, and draft and groom another DE or two.

It was a leg whip.

Tuck is really close to his family and I wouldn't blame him a bit if he retires after his contract is up. What more does he have to prove? Especially if we make another run this year.

ibbill
11-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Around the 1 minute 3 second part.Seems to have hurt himself.Thanks to Chuckknoxx for the video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mrchuckknoxx/featured

He was pushed in the back here at the 1.50 minute mark he looked hurt there also. May be time to use him as a spare not a starter

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Giants-Online-Redskins-Game/8719a664-2e03-423f-8aee-7e3676d8cf53

tcseacliff
11-29-2012, 07:43 PM
that was def a limp. he has been all in for many snaps , right up front. does take a toll !

TroyArcher
11-29-2012, 08:40 PM
I thought he played pretty well last week. He does seem to show up in the playoffs.

giantsfan420
11-29-2012, 09:04 PM
tuck recently made a very odd statement about how he wont be here in a couple years, implying he's going to retire very soon. i commented on it at the time that it sounded strange bc players usually will do anything possible to extend their careers, i guess tuck is tired of constantly battling injuries

brad
11-29-2012, 09:51 PM
Tuck has been a great player for the Giants, a leader and playmaker. It will be a shame to see him go, but I think this is probably the year he retires. 2 SB rings and a lot of injuries... not much left for him to prove. It is a shame, but I think the Giants are well positioned to more forward with Kiwi and JPP, then hopefully Ojomo (sp?) works out to be as good as he looked in preseason.

GiantRoc
11-30-2012, 03:29 AM
Yeah. Tuck is always hurting. It really is showing in his game. The guy gets ragged on a lot, but he takes a beating. How many have been around people with chronic pain? I have. It really sucks a lot of life out of you. I have a feeling Justin is playing through a lot more than any of us really know. He also has to think about his life after the game. I'd hate to see him in a wheel chair by age 55. I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to see 5 more years out of him, but not at the cost of his health. I hope he has minor nagging things that clear up. I love to pull for him to make the big plays,(which he still seems to do in crunch time). That's the heart of a competitor. That's why he is THE leader of this team.

Jppallday
11-30-2012, 04:13 AM

This is just like saying you wanted Michael Strahan to retire. Are you crazy? Show your defensive captain some respect. He played great in 2 superbowls. You act like every other team has DE's better than him which is false

Captain Chaos
11-30-2012, 06:55 AM
The disdain on this board for Tuck is amazing.

Redeyejedi
11-30-2012, 09:08 AM
Be easier to say when he's not hurt.This is the truth. I really dont know how much longer Tuck will play. I could see him retiring early.

Kruunch
11-30-2012, 09:10 AM
You think its a real possibility that he retires?

I'd be surprised but not shocked.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least that if he doesn't, his productions gets steadily worse.

Redeyejedi
11-30-2012, 09:12 AM
The disdain on this board for Tuck is amazing. I still love Tuck but I dont think he has much left to many injuries. He is still a real good run defender he just isnt the pass rusher he once was.Giants need to draft another DE this offseason

Redeyejedi
11-30-2012, 09:13 AM
I'd be surprised but not shocked.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least that if he doesn't, his productions gets steadily worse. He said it himself he thought about retiring. I think he plays out his contract. He has 1 year left

Kruunch
11-30-2012, 09:14 AM
The disdain on this board for Tuck is amazing.

I think the problem with Tuck and the fan base is that we try to consistently turn him into a star when in actuality he is a good player that makes some great plays on occasion.

Also doesn't help that he replaced one of the best LDEs that ever played the game. I think we, as Giants fans, have been really spoiled for about two decades at that spot.

rebelfan1966
11-30-2012, 09:25 AM
Be easier to say when he's not hurt.

+1

rebelfan1966
11-30-2012, 09:26 AM
I was concerned to see JPP slow getting up off the turn in this last game.....

TheAnalyst
11-30-2012, 09:43 AM
He could. Average NFL career is only 3.5 years. This is Tuck's 8th year. If so though, we better find a way to replace Tuck and Osi. New breed of pass rushers for the Giants. Time to draft another stud.

GiantAl27
11-30-2012, 09:46 AM
Id like to see Ojomo given some playting time.

ryan12
11-30-2012, 09:52 AM
Id like to see Ojomo given some playting time.

enough with the ojomo crap he played well in preseason he must not be doing to well in practice because he is inactive for every game. ojomo will not see the field this year.

GiantAl27
11-30-2012, 10:01 AM
I know he wont play this season, but given next year osi will be gone, and Tuck on the decline, we need to look elsewhere. I think the 2013 draft is DE heavy so good time to get a replacement.

DaKraken
11-30-2012, 10:02 AM
There are plenty of examples of guys hanging it up early (age-wise) ala Barry sanders. Tuck obviously is not on that level but between his quotes and affect I'd say its possible.

miked1958
11-30-2012, 10:53 AM

http://www.youtube.com/user/mrchuckknoxx/featured maybe he is. the way he has been heaping praise on RG3 all week maybe he is setting it up so if he fails at stopping him he could say i told you so and then point to being hurt during GB game as an excuse

Dwinsballgames
11-30-2012, 11:06 AM
maybe he is. the way he has been heaping praise on RG3 all week maybe he is setting it up so if he fails at stopping him he could say i told you so and then point to being hurt during GB game as an excuse

say what you want about his decliniung skills, but the guy has never made excuses like you are suggesting. Sorry, but this is crap.