PDA

View Full Version : Tom Coughlin Updates Injuries

RoanokeFan
11-29-2012, 12:50 PM
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Coach-Tom-Coughlin-updates-injuries/065a0b20-4b33-4970-b994-c798dd9ee481

"
Of the six players on the Giants’ initial injury report today, three won’t practice, one will and two are somewhere in-between.

Safety Kenny Phillips (knee), center David Bass (shoulder) and tackle David Diehl (shoulder) won’t work as the Giants begin preparing for their game Monday night against the Redskins in Washington.

Phillips aggravated his knee injury in the Giants’ 38-10 defeat of Green Bay last Sunday. Coach Tom Coughlin said he hopes Phillips will practice tomorrow.

Baas and Diehl each has a shoulder injury. Coughlin described Diehl as “sore.”

Wide receiver Domenik Hixon will practice. He missed the game against the Packers with an ankle injury suffered at Cincinnati on November 11.

Running back Ahmad Bradshaw remains on the list with a sore foot. He has recently practiced just once a week, but Coughlin said, “Ahmad’s always out there, whatever he does. Maybe we’ll use him a little bit, but not a lot.”

Linebacker Jacquian Williams, who was inactive for the last five games with a knee injury, will do individual drills and “whatever else he can do and how fast we can push him along,” Coughlin said.

Running back Ryan Torain and Kregg Lumpkin , who were signed on Tuesday, will work with the scout team and perhaps get a snap or two with the offense. Coughlin said there is a “possibility” they will play in Washington."

TheAnalyst
11-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Running back Ahmad Bradshaw remains on the list with a sore foot. He has recently practiced just once a week, but Coughlin said, “Ahmad’s always out there, whatever he does. Maybe we’ll use him a little bit, but not a lot.”

Wow. Im a little shocked by that. I thought he would be getting 90-95% of the carries vs the skins. Guess Wilson will really get his shot at running in the spotlight of Monday Night football. Great game to break out in front the national audiance. Sounds like he will be our main running back. Do you think he will not be our returner anymore now?

Toadofsteel
11-29-2012, 01:18 PM

Wow. Im a little shocked by that. I thought he would be getting 90-95% of the carries vs the skins. Guess Wilson will really get his shot at running in the spotlight of Monday Night football. Great game to break out in front the national audiance. Sounds like he will be our main running back. Do you think he will not be our returner anymore now?

Maybe thats why we picked up those other two guys. Either that or we'll give Hixon the return duties...

dave56dj
11-29-2012, 01:31 PM
He's talking about practice not the skins game - AB will be used and coughlin actually hinted with brown out he will carry much of the load come monday night - still wilson is next up.

G-Men Surg.
11-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Anybody knows who took first team reps at C ? Is Baas sitting just to rest his injury like last week or do we have to worry about it !

drewz
11-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Usually Boothe gets first team reps at C with Baas down

TheShouldersOf
11-30-2012, 12:21 AM
meaning Bradshaw gets the load he got versus Cleveland, and Wilson gets less than 10 touches

sigh,

G-Men Surg.
11-30-2012, 12:45 AM
Usually Boothe gets first team reps at C with Baas down
You are right bro but are you sure he did get them today ? I like Boothe's consistent play and gives Big Blue a solid corner stone at LG. I was hoping for Cordle to take some snaps with the 1st team, IMO great time to catch him up to speed, I really like this kid and think he could pan out for the future. That been said I hope Baas makes it to Was. OK. If not I prefer to keep Boothe at LG and give Jim a shot at C.

rEaS
11-30-2012, 01:07 AM
it's going to be hard for wilson, the redskins run D is for real..

giantsfan420
11-30-2012, 01:17 AM
we may have to go to a more pass balanced offense.
also, love what hixon brings to the table, but i feel our offense is more potent with randle instead of hixon.

GMan-67
11-30-2012, 06:20 AM

how are you projecting Bradshaw's limited role in practice to meaning a limited role in the game???? ... Bradshaw's been limited in practice or not even practicing most of the time the past 2 years

as far as the game ... i think we'd like to do a 65 / 35 split, but RB is always a hot hand position and, of course, we will have to see how Wilson holds up in pass protection

TroyArcher
11-30-2012, 09:53 AM

I believe he is talking about the % of time he will get in practice.

RangerMgr
11-30-2012, 04:49 PM
Good to not see Nicks name listed. Check this out (http://www.squidoo.com/hakeem-nicks)