PDA

View Full Version : Tom Coughlin Has Talk With David WIlson

RoanokeFan
11-29-2012, 02:09 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/11/tom_coughlin_has_talk_with_dav.html

Excerpt: ""Ratchet it up," Coughlin said. "He's ready to go."

Coughlin added "he's got to go," given the circumstance, but how do they know he's up to the task?

"We've had people that have had to step up in the past when situations like this have arisen, and we put a lot of responsibility on their shoulders," Coughlin said. "It's time for him. He's a first-round draft choice. He's a talented kid. He got some plays the other night, which was a good thing, so we'll go from there."

Bradshaw has at times been very productive this season, but he has been bothered by a bruised bone in his foot that has cut into his practice time. He carried the ball 30 and 27 times in back-to-back-games earlier in the season, before the bone was injured, and his load has been eased a bit in recent weeks by Brown's effectiveness.

Coughlin indicated Bradshaw's number of carries may increase a bit again in Brown's absence.

"Ahmad's got it all. He's had the experience, he's been the pass protector, he's caught the ball out of the backfield, he's running the ball," Coughlin said. "So hopefully we can extend that a little bit further. And yet go ahead and develop and get some snaps out of David, and perhaps someone else as well." Read more...

Giants5699
11-29-2012, 02:15 PM
It's about time Wilson found out where babies come from.
TC- "son.. sit down. Let me tell you about the birds and the bees."
DW- "okay"

RoanokeFan
11-29-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm excited to see Wilson get significant time on offense.

TheAnalyst
11-29-2012, 02:24 PM
DONT FUMBLE THE BALL. That's all I really care about at this point.

GameTime
11-29-2012, 03:04 PM
yeah...he cant let the situation seem 'too big" for him. Just make the plays.......

TomCat_FIN
11-29-2012, 03:15 PM
I'd like to see him return one for a TD these days. Maybe that would boost him and lead to great things in the running game too.

RoanokeFan
11-29-2012, 03:22 PM
yeah...he cant let the situation seem 'too big" for him. Just make the plays.......

I'm wondering if they put in some plays for one of the other RBs?

Broadway Blue
11-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Exited to see what this guy can do

Kruunch
11-29-2012, 03:29 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/01/21/science/castaway533.jpg

WILSON!!!!!!!!!

dezzzR
11-29-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm excited to see Wilson get significant time on offense. TC said Bradshaw will get an increased load again, so who knows.

Broadway Blue
11-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Wilson is going to eat the Redskins D for breakfast

RoanokeFan
11-29-2012, 03:36 PM
TC said Bradshaw will get an increased load again, so who knows.

Every day Bradshaw doesn't practice, Wilson will practice with the ones. That's good preparation. He already has Hynoski tutoring him on pass protection. I would not be surprised if Eli doesn't give him some personal time

RoanokeFan
11-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Wilson is going to eat the Redskins D for breakfast

They do a pretty good job against the run

JJC7301
11-29-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm wondering if they put in some plays for one of the other RBs?
They should. The 2 guys they just signed may have been recently unemployed, but they're NFL caliber players. Especially Torian, who has been somewhat productive and I believe, from what I've read, that he's a good QB protector.

Gotta get these guys some experience in the Giants' scheme of things in order to alleviate some pressure on AB. Quite frankly, I thought that you were using AB too much when AB2 could have been used to give AB some more time to rest his foot.

Broadway Blue
11-29-2012, 03:41 PM
They do a pretty good job against the run

Here's hoping

JJC7301
11-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Every day Bradshaw doesn't practice, Wilson will practice with the ones. That's good preparation. He already has Hynoski tutoring him on pass protection. I would not be surprised if Eli doesn't give him some personal time
Do you think they plan on throwing a lot of short passes to Wilson to give him a chance to use his speed in a little more open space beyond the line of scrimmage?

dezzzR
11-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Every day Bradshaw doesn't practice, Wilson will practice with the ones. That's good preparation. He already has Hynoski tutoring him on pass protection. I would not be surprised if Eli doesn't give him some personal timeStop getting my hopes up;)

RoanokeFan
11-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Do you think they plan on throwing a lot of short passes to Wilson to give him a chance to use his speed in a little more open space beyond the line of scrimmage?

I think he's got the speed to make it work if he has two yards clear ahead of him. Screen passes could also work but I'd go left if I were Eli

RoanokeFan
11-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Stop getting my hopes up;)

It's one of my flaws: OPTIMISM :o

ELI_HOF_NYG
11-29-2012, 04:50 PM

ditto my friend,,how sweet would it be to see him bust an 80 yard TD run or something to that effect?

ryan12
11-29-2012, 05:20 PM

+1,000,000

JesseJames
11-29-2012, 05:59 PM
I'm thinking that all Wilson needs is one big breakout game where he tears it up and most likely his spot on the bench will belong to someone else

chasjay
11-29-2012, 06:25 PM
I'm looking forward to Wilson getting the chance to show people that he's not that far behind Doug Martin in talent. Martin packs a little more weight, but I expect a lot out of Wilson over time.

mike kennedy
11-29-2012, 06:36 PM
It's about time Wilson found out where babies come from.
TC- "son.. sit down. Let me tell you about the birds and the bees."
DW- "okay"

OK,Now that shows a lack of respect and immaturity. Time to grow up young man! You never know, you could be praising Mr. Wilson in the near future.

tcseacliff
11-29-2012, 07:47 PM
do what you know how to do , and protect the ball. will be fine, David ALL IN!

fourth&forever
11-29-2012, 11:18 PM
OK,Now that shows a lack of respect and immaturity. Time to grow up young man! You never know, you could be praising Mr. Wilson in the near future.
I didn't take it that way. Made me laugh.

Giants5699
11-29-2012, 11:22 PM

I love Wilson... I was just making fun of the thread title. "The talk"

bbdynasty
11-30-2012, 12:55 AM
would love to see a well blocked screen to get dw into the secondary... after that he'll be gone. haven't seen one of those in a while from the gmen though.. dw could be a good check-down guy though

TheShouldersOf
11-30-2012, 01:23 AM
i suspect Bradshaw will get 98%, and Wilson gets less than 10 carries,

i hope those new Backs don't get any touches, unless Bradshaw goes down, and it's only to rest Wilson if needed,

i was hoping Wilson would get significant time, 15-20 touches, give a chance to explode, and showcase his talent

bbdynasty
11-30-2012, 01:45 AM
if wilson got that screen that bradshaw did in the packers game, thats a td easily

BillTheGreek
11-30-2012, 02:19 AM
Wilson is ready to go, I'm sure Bradshaw has been prepping him. Wilson has to remember two things, when gets the ball, #1 run like HeLL ..........#2 hold on to the ball, and he will be just fine.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1208554.1353991367!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/david-wilson-giants.jpg

GiantRoc
11-30-2012, 02:33 AM
Its a big chance for DW. An important game and on primetime. I hope he gets at least 15 touches. I think anything less than that would not be a fair test. I actually have been impressed by his show of power on many of his carries. He finishes by going forward after hits and moved the pile most times. Man, I just want to see him get another seam like he did against the Browns. Wooosh. Gone. TD!

bearbryant
11-30-2012, 02:43 AM
This games success will be driven by the defense especially the guys stopping the run. As far as wilson goes, I think he'll play very well. He's already shown the ability to run back KO's... That takes a little bit of ball security. He'll be fine. Go Giants!

Harooni
11-30-2012, 03:18 AM
i kinda get the feeling Tc isnt crazy about him. not sure why , i dont think its lack of skills, i think maybe attitude? or maybe something else???

TheShouldersOf
11-30-2012, 04:37 AM
Likewise, i hope the Coaches didn't coach the natural Talent, Cuts Etc out of him,

we see what is happening to Bush because of that

Captain Chaos
11-30-2012, 06:52 AM
It's good that TC sat down with the kid, he needs to hear what the head coach is really thinking...

Mercury
11-30-2012, 09:29 AM
It would be a big mistake to overwork Bradshaw at this point. We've got to save some gas in the tank for later this season. Wilson should get all of Brown's carries, except perhaps use one of the new vets for goal line plunges. I think he will do well with this opportunity.