PDA

View Full Version : Tom Coughlin Robert Griffin III "Is A Little Bit Different" Than Other Mobil QBs

RoanokeFan
11-29-2012, 02:19 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ert_griff.html (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/11/tom_coughlin_says_robert_griff.html)

Excerpt: "The mobile quarterback is no longer an anomaly in today's NFL. Dual threats exist throughout the league from Michael Vick to last season's rookie sensation Cam Newton. But Robert Griffin III, a rookie who has taken Newton's success to new heights, perhaps does things on a football field that no other signal caller has at this level, Tom Coughlin acknowledged this morning.

"There are two or three people that we play, year-in and year-out, that are running type quarterbacks that you have to really do a great job with," Coughlin said. "They do some things that creare different problems for you, but as far as a mobile quarterback that will pull it down and run, we've played against a few. We can relate to a little bit of that, but this is a little bit different."

That's because Griffin is not only track-speed fast (he runs a 4.4-second 40-yard dash) and physically-imposing (he weighs 220 pounds), but he has the strong arm to compliment the legs, something Giants players said they underrated going into their first meeting in Week 7." Read more...

ashleymarie
11-29-2012, 02:36 PM
I fear RG3, his speed, his intelligence, his playing talents and skills. He's something else. Go Giants.

Rusty192
11-29-2012, 02:39 PM
I fear RG3, his speed, his intelligence, his playing talents and skills. He's something else. Go Giants.Respect all. Fear none. That should be the Giants mantra.

RoanokeFan
11-29-2012, 02:42 PM
I fear RG3, his speed, his intelligence, his playing talents and skills. He's something else. Go Giants.

And yet, at the moment, they are having a losing season.

DLT
11-29-2012, 02:45 PM
And yet, at the moment, they are having a losing season.he doesnt play defense. Even Offensivley, what he's done without his main weapons most of the year is amazing. Take Steve Smith away from Cam last year or Reggie Wayne away from Luck this year and see what there numbers look like. His numbers are great and would be even better with Garcon. Davis too

RoanokeFan
11-29-2012, 02:47 PM
he doesnt play defense. Even Offensivley, what he's done without his main weapons most of the year is amazing. Take Steve Smith away from Cam last year or Reggie Wayne away from Luck this year and see what there numbers look like. His numbers are great and would be even better with Garcon. Davis too

Don't take offense, TEAMS win or lose, not individual players.

DLT
11-29-2012, 02:48 PM
Don't take offense, TEAMS win or lose, not individual players.no doubt. BTW, you can always come on home.......lol

RoanokeFan
11-29-2012, 02:49 PM
no doubt. BTW, you can always come on home.......lol

Nah, when you are a fan of the best franchise in NFL history, everything else is second best :p

GameTime
11-29-2012, 02:50 PM
RG3 and the Skins have almost 0 pressure to have anything but potential this season. he can play with abandon and so can the rest of the team. With a rookie QB NOTHING is really expected as far as records or standings. He is having a great season so far but he is playing with no pressure in my opnion.
The Skins could go 5-11 and they would still say how great the kid is going to be.....
How do you beat a QB and team that nothing to lose???? You play top notch football and punch them in the mouth.....

Rusty192
11-29-2012, 02:51 PM
Nah, when you are a fan of the best franchise in NFL history, everything else is second best :pHave you always been a southerner RF?

ny06
11-29-2012, 02:56 PM
If I was in a coma for the past few months and just so happened to check ESPN and all the football networks, I would think Robert Griffin III walked on water, single-handedly stopped War and is leading the Redskins to a 11-0 record.