PDA

View Full Version : Giants have the hardest remaining schedule

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
11-29-2012, 03:41 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/playoff-picture-houston-texans-new-england-patriots-atlanta-falcons-san-francisco-49ers-112712

Remaining opponents winning percentage: .582 (32-23)

Potential flies in the ointment: No NFL team faces a tougher task than back-to-back road games against Atlanta (10-1) and Baltimore (9-2) in Weeks 15 and 16. No franchise, though, has shown more resiliency away from home than the Giants under head coach Tom Coughlin. New York won five of its six playoff games on the road in the 2007 and 2011 seasons en route to winning Super Bowl titles.

sharick88
11-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Those teams should be concerned about playing the Giants. I never get caught up on the whole "tough schedule" ****

JJC7301
11-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Those teams should be concerned about playing the Giants. I never get caught up on the whole "tough schedule" ****
I love the tougher schedules, but I do get nervous until they actually make the playoffs.

I thought that last year's hard schedule did a better job of preparing the Giants for the playoffs. Especially when games 15 & 16 became must wins.

Broadway Blue
11-29-2012, 03:46 PM
Bring it!

TomCat_FIN
11-29-2012, 03:48 PM
The schedule is what it is and it actually looks easier than it did at the start of the season. The Eagles have flopped, the Saints are ok, but not the SB winning Saints so we should be able to compete in both games.

The Falcons and the Ravens games are the games that should go down the wire and if this Giants team has one downside it's the fact that they need to be the universal underdogs to play their best football. And that mindset should actually benefit us in those 2 games.

I'm thinking 3 wins out of the remaining 5 games.

RoanokeFan
11-29-2012, 03:51 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/playoff-picture-houston-texans-new-england-patriots-atlanta-falcons-san-francisco-49ers-112712

Remaining opponents winning percentage: .582 (32-23)

Potential flies in the ointment: No NFL team faces a tougher task than back-to-back road games against Atlanta (10-1) and Baltimore (9-2) in Weeks 15 and 16. No franchise, though, has shown more resiliency away from home than the Giants under head coach Tom Coughlin. New York won five of its six playoff games on the road in the 2007 and 2011 seasons en route to winning Super Bowl titles.

That's just what we need, a challenge every week. Climb that mountain!

TroyArcher
11-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Thye both would have most likely clinched by then and may not need to play for a win and could sit many of their starters. Could end up being an easy game.

Kruunch
11-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Seems like our schedule at the end of EVERY year is this hard (or harder).

Nothing new.

b_ELI_eve
11-29-2012, 04:26 PM
Redskins isn't a "must win" but it sure would help out A LOT if the Gmen can get a W.

Cool Papa B.
11-29-2012, 04:28 PM
They've had the hardest schedule all year. I like it that way.

rtahsin
11-29-2012, 04:48 PM
The schedule is what it is and it actually looks easier than it did at the start of the season. The Eagles have flopped, the Saints are ok, but not the SB winning Saints so we should be able to compete in both games.

The Falcons and the Ravens games are the games that should go down the wire and if this Giants team has one downside it's the fact that they need to be the universal underdogs to play their best football. And that mindset should actually benefit us in those 2 games.

I'm thinking 3 wins out of the remaining 5 games.The Saints are hot right now dude, they have a relatively easier schedule. Besides we always seem to get blown out by the Saints. Tbh I can't remember the last time we beat the Saints. It's almost as if they were a division rival.

FrankAE
11-29-2012, 04:52 PM
They slammed the second half of the schedule knowing how the Giants won 2 sb's, by end of the end runs. It's a attempt not to let them repeat. It's not anything against the Giants, it's been done for the last few years.

But it's all good, Giants are the best team they showed it by running the table threw the thought of best last year then repeating those same victories this year. I've said it before, when this team shows up / healthy they cannot be beat. I would not be surprised if they run to a 3rd or dynasty without another loss. I don't expect it, but I know it can happen

Parademon
11-30-2012, 01:27 AM
There was a thread done not too long ago that actually had proof that the Giants have been given a softer 1st half schedule these past 9 yrs, followed by a much tougher 2nd half schedule. Be nice if they can switch it up next yr.