PDA

View Full Version : jets

tcseacliff
11-29-2012, 11:45 PM
wow, $18 for Jets tix? make the food and parking seem like a real rip off now! almost as bad as fins!

Moke
11-29-2012, 11:47 PM
That's awesome... I would buy just to go to Metlife.

Jet-Blue
12-01-2012, 10:57 AM
They are Upper Tier and most likely go for $50 face value. Even the $18 is high. Those seats are pretty bad, but it does get you in the stadium. At least you get to see the Cards!

Rusty192
12-01-2012, 01:15 PM
At our own ripoff Metlife stadium???

Unreal.

FBomb
12-01-2012, 01:43 PM
**** the Jets.

Broadway Blue
12-01-2012, 04:54 PM
I thought getting Tim Tebow means higher ticket prices...

BMW
12-01-2012, 05:03 PM
I thought getting Tim Tebow means higher ticket prices...

To watch him sitting on the bench?

Broadway Blue
12-01-2012, 05:09 PM
To watch him sitting on the bench?

You never know with some Tebow fans

Parademon
12-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Funny how we have a tough 5 games left with 2 against teams with a combined 19-3 record & the Jets finish against 5 teams with a record as bad or worse than theirs & therefore it's giving Jets fans a delusional false sense of hope that they can run the table & still make the playoffs!

Be funny if we go 5-0 vs our much tougher opponents & the Jets go 0-5 vs below 500 teams.

Broadway Blue
12-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Funny how we have a tough 5 games left with 2 against teams with a combined 19-3 record & the Jets finish against 5 teams with a record as bad or worse than theirs & therefore it's giving Jets fans a delusional false sense of hope that they can run the table & still make the playoffs!

Be funny if we go 5-0 vs our much tougher opponents & the Jets go 0-5 vs below 500 teams.

I can see it happening as well

Eliscruzzz
12-01-2012, 10:12 PM
If we go 5-0with our schedule and Eli plays stellar like on Sunday night the rest of the way he should win the MVP....

CTLadyBlue
12-02-2012, 09:14 AM

I don't care how much of a Jet fan-homer you are, there is no way in the world you should even THINK your team is deserving of making the playoffs after the joke-fest, mistake-prone season they're having. Really. Reality, people.

Broadway Blue
12-02-2012, 11:23 AM
I don't care how much of a Jet fan-homer you are, there is no way in the world you should even THINK your team is deserving of making the playoffs after the joke-fest, mistake-prone season they're having. Really. Reality, people.

Even Fireman Ed gave up...

Sarcasman
12-02-2012, 12:43 PM

That's what he does

ShakeandBake
12-02-2012, 01:03 PM

Did he go back to Florida to cheer for the Dolphins again?

L.T.56
12-02-2012, 01:39 PM
sanchez already with 2 picks

ShakeandBake
12-02-2012, 01:55 PM
sanchez already with 2 picks

He's the Sanchise!

L.T.56
12-02-2012, 01:57 PM
lol make that 3 although that was a nice play by peterson to make that pick. and lindley gives it right back. its a battle of incompetent qb's. this game might end in a 0-0 tie.

ShakeandBake
12-02-2012, 02:02 PM
lol make that 3 although that was a nice play by peterson to make that pick. and lindley gives it right back. its a battle of incompetent qb's. this game might end in a 0-0 tie.

Both of their offenses suck so bad that one of the defenses is going to have to come up with a score

Toadofsteel
12-02-2012, 03:10 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaand McElroy is going in...

Rusty192
12-02-2012, 04:18 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaand McElroy is going in...lol sanchez got pulled?

ShakeandBake
12-02-2012, 05:05 PM
lol sanchez got pulled?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/02/greg-mcelroy-mark-sanchez-jets-benched_n_2228432.html?utm_hp_ref=new-york-jets

EddieBlue
12-03-2012, 09:01 AM
that organization is an absolute EMBARRASSMENT ... I really find it amusing on multiple levels

Toadofsteel
12-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Hmm... would we take Sanchez as a backup? Maybe in an actual football organization he might be serviceable in that regard.

CTLadyBlue
12-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Hmm... would we take Sanchez as a backup? Maybe in an actual football organization he might be serviceable in that regard.

I hope that was meant to be sarcastic.

I don't think it's the organization or even the talent surrounding him. IMO, his first two years were a fluke where they went to the AFCCG. I just did not feel the Jets were THAT good and felt they stumbled into it. And to hear them talk about them still in the running for the #8 spot in the playoff picture is an absolute joke. Even if they 'run the table' (I really hate that saying because commentators seem to love saying it this time of year), let's face it - the Jets do NOT deserve to be in the playoffs. They are NOT a playoff-caliber team. And Mark (lack of talent to throw to) is just too skittish and can't take the heat of NY. He's a CA boy and isn't built for what this town dishes out (like Eli did) They are a team with absolutely NO identity because their owner is more concerned with being on the back page of the Post and Daily News rather than winning football games. Mr. T. does not know how to draft talent and instead they waste their money bringing in Tebow for the sheer purpose or building their super-special-secret Wildcat offense around which must've been SO super secret because I never saw it. The ploy to bring TT in here under the guise of building an offensive juggernaut which was going to confuse defenses and have them running in circles backfired on them and now Rex has no choice but to use generated 'talking points' in interviews rather than answer point-blank about the success of the decision to bring Tebow in.

In my mind, the Jets will never be taken seriously until their owner (like JJ in Dallas) hands over the reigns to a competent GM who can draft well and a coach who believes in discipline. They hate playing second fiddle to the Giants and twice in the last five years following their SB wins the Jets pulled these stunts (5 years ago they brought in Favre, this year was Tebow) only to make the Jets relevant and get everyone talking about anything except the Giants winning the Superbowl.

The Giants may be boring compared to the Jets, but their concern isn't about media hype and splashy headlines. The only splashy headlines I want the Giants to make is on the back page of the first Monday in February. But even when the Giants win, it seems all WFAN can talk about is how dismal the Jets are. Their falling apart after the TT acquisition is more newsworthy than the Giants going about business as usual - and that's okay by me.

In a nutshell, Rex and Mr. T need a serious intervention by TC and J. Reese

Broadway Blue
12-03-2012, 01:38 PM

That is the only thing Sanchez is useful for is a backup

Toadofsteel
12-03-2012, 02:49 PM
I hope that was meant to be sarcastic.

I don't think it's the organization or even the talent surrounding him. IMO, his first two years were a fluke where they went to the AFCCG. I just did not feel the Jets were THAT good and felt they stumbled into it. And to hear them talk about them still in the running for the #8 spot in the playoff picture is an absolute joke. Even if they 'run the table' (I really hate that saying because commentators seem to love saying it this time of year), let's face it - the Jets do NOT deserve to be in the playoffs. They are NOT a playoff-caliber team. And Mark (lack of talent to throw to) is just too skittish and can't take the heat of NY. He's a CA boy and isn't built for what this town dishes out (like Eli did) They are a team with absolutely NO identity because their owner is more concerned with being on the back page of the Post and Daily News rather than winning football games. Mr. T. does not know how to draft talent and instead they waste their money bringing in Tebow for the sheer purpose or building their super-special-secret Wildcat offense around which must've been SO super secret because I never saw it. The ploy to bring TT in here under the guise of building an offensive juggernaut which was going to confuse defenses and have them running in circles backfired on them and now Rex has no choice but to use generated 'talking points' in interviews rather than answer point-blank about the success of the decision to bring Tebow in.

In my mind, the Jets will never be taken seriously until their owner (like JJ in Dallas) hands over the reigns to a competent GM who can draft well and a coach who believes in discipline. They hate playing second fiddle to the Giants and twice in the last five years following their SB wins the Jets pulled these stunts (5 years ago they brought in Favre, this year was Tebow) only to make the Jets relevant and get everyone talking about anything except the Giants winning the Superbowl.

The Giants may be boring compared to the Jets, but their concern isn't about media hype and splashy headlines. The only splashy headlines I want the Giants to make is on the back page of the first Monday in February. But even when the Giants win, it seems all WFAN can talk about is how dismal the Jets are. Their falling apart after the TT acquisition is more newsworthy than the Giants going about business as usual - and that's okay by me.

In a nutshell, Rex and Mr. T need a serious intervention by TC and J. Reese

Verbose much?

I did specifically say backup. I.e., he holds a freaking clipboard (he seemed to be able to do that quite well yesterday)... Because as Broadway says, he's only good as a backup. We've had our own first round bust (Carr, who was #1 overall in 2002) as our backup for some time now... but he's getting super old. I'd also just love to see Sanchez as a Giant in camp just so he can demolish the Jets in the back end of the preseason game just to show up the Jets organization for what it is: a joke.

Jet-Blue
12-03-2012, 02:53 PM
..... And to hear them talk about them still in the running for the #8 spot in the playoff picture is an absolute joke.

I think you meant #6 spot, since a #8 seed gets you nothing but a view from your living room. Which is where the Jets will be this year I hope. The Jets never suck bad enough to get a really good draft pick. Maybe this time!

CTLadyBlue
12-03-2012, 03:00 PM
I think you meant #6 spot, since a #8 seed gets you nothing but a view from your living room. Which is where the Jets will be this year I hope. The Jets never suck bad enough to get a really good draft pick. Maybe this this!

No I distinctly heard on Boomer & Carton this morning that it was the #8 spot - meaning, the very last wild card spot.

And even as a backup I don't want any part of Sanchez.

Parademon
12-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Gawd no! Wouldn't want any Jet on the Giants contaminating us with the loser virus!

Broadway Blue
12-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Looks like Sanchez is starting again

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/jets-mark-sanchez-starting-qb-17883460

Flip Empty
12-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Rex's ego getting the better of him, by the looks of it. He'll ride the Sanchize bus right out of town.

Jet-Blue
12-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Rex's ego getting the better of him, by the looks of it. He'll ride the Sanchize bus right out of town.

He can only start him in Jacksonville, if it was a home game and he started Sanchez, the fans would have strung both of them up by their feet.

Broadway Blue
12-17-2012, 11:42 PM
Wow only the Jets can lose the game like that...

Jet-Blue
01-01-2013, 09:02 AM
No I distinctly heard on Boomer & Carton this morning that it was the #8 spot - meaning, the very last wild card spot.

Right now, if there was an #8 playoff spot the Giants would be in!

BigBlueAllDay
01-01-2013, 11:05 AM
"Calling the Jets a circus is an insult to the fine athletes who are circus performers." -Adam Schein. haha!!!