PDA

View Full Version : Giants Bring in Journeymen For Shot To Push David Wilson As Back Up RB

RoanokeFan
11-30-2012, 06:42 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...ghJX8GvpahISIP (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/running_with_it_Edbe0ufCghJX8GvpahISIP)

Excerpt: "Ryan Torain was playing seven-on-seven football in Arizona. Kregg Lumpkin was considering the corporate world of mortgage financing. And David Wilson was plodding through the typical trials of an NFL rookie.

One serious running game injury later and all have decidedly different roles this week for the Giants, who are preparing to face the Redskins on Monday night in Washington.

Torain, who played three NFL seasons including the last two with the Redskins, and Lumpkin, a veteran of three teams, both were signed by the Giants on Tuesday after Andre Brown fractured his leg Sunday night against Green Bay. Wilson has been used sparingly as a rookie first-round pick out of Virginia Tech, but with Brown down, he must “ratchet it up,” according to Tom Coughlin.

“Andre went down. He’s a big part of our running game so it’s for me to be the next guy in line,” Wilson said. “He played a heavy role in our offense. Somebody’s got to step up. I’ve been working hard just being ready.”

And serving as teacher and mentor this week to the new guys vying for a chance to back up Ahmad Bradshaw.

“When they ask me questions, I have to provide answers. That [lets me do] the quiz that me and Henry [Hynoski, a fullback] do. It is like they quiz me too and now I am getting questions,” said Wilson, who has carried 24 times — including six against the Packers — in addition to his kick return duties, a job he wants to keep along with his added rushing responsibilities. “It’s like I’m getting quizzed when they ask me questions about the protections. They’re keeping me on my toes.” Read more...

Buddy333
11-30-2012, 07:41 AM
He better be ready. They are extremely thin at RB right now and their starter is battling all kinds of injuries. It would not be smart to run Bradshaw 30 times a game in his condition.

RoanokeFan
11-30-2012, 07:55 AM
He better be ready. They are extremely thin at RB right now and their starter is battling all kinds of injuries. It would not be smart to run Bradshaw 30 times a game in his condition.

We'll see how ready he is on Monday Night.

Mercury
11-30-2012, 08:05 AM
I expect good things from Wilson on Monday night. He was drafted first round for a reason. Time to show us JR was not wrong (like he usually is.)

TheShouldersOf
11-30-2012, 12:07 PM
I would love to see Wilson get 15-20 carries at least, though i expect him to get less than 10, and them overwork Bradshaw again,

if he doesn't gain 5000 yards, he will be labeled a 'Bust' and the Coaches will say he isn't ready,

i hope the other Backs wont get any touches a'tall

GMan-67
11-30-2012, 01:21 PM
i like that he is providing answers to the new guys .... that should reinforce it with him and give him confidence that he knows his responsibilities

now i know some may cringe at that, but everyone learns differently and i think he will benefit from teaching the new guys

but again, IMO, all we have done is replace Brown and Scott ... and the fact that we have 4 RBs to me has way more to do with ABs foot/neck/ankle than it has to do with a total lack of confidence in Wilson

GameTime
11-30-2012, 01:29 PM
I am pumped to see Wilson on more then spot duty on Monday. Also I hope the two new vets get a fire lit under them with their new opportunity with the defending SB champs.....that woudl make a great story and a better offense and STs....

ryan12
11-30-2012, 02:04 PM
time to bring it rook

Broadway Blue
11-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Time to run the ball down their throats

JesseJames
11-30-2012, 04:36 PM
I would like to know if Wilson is fumbling the ball in practice or missing blocking assignments, nobody is saying that he is doing any of these things and if not then why hasn't he been seeing the ball a lot more than he has.....

egyptian420
11-30-2012, 04:42 PM
I have a feeling Bradshaw is going to dominate this game, I can see Wilson getting just around 10 carries if that.

Eliscruzzz
11-30-2012, 07:04 PM
I have a feeling Bradshaw is going to dominate this game, I can see Wilson getting just around 10 carries if that.Me too I just have this feeling that Bradshaw is going to bring it Monday.

RoanokeFan
11-30-2012, 07:11 PM
One of the things that could have a major impact is no significant film on WIlson.

JJC7301
11-30-2012, 09:56 PM
I would love to see Wilson get 15-20 carries at least, though i expect him to get less than 10, and them overwork Bradshaw again,

if he doesn't gain 5000 yards, he will be labeled a 'Bust' and the Coaches will say he isn't ready,

i hope the other Backs wont get any touches a'tall
If he can just add some production out of the backfield, improve on picking up the blitz, and continue to pick up quality yards on KRs, then I'll be very happy for his rookie year. I'm not expecting him to be a stud...yet.

BillTheGreek
12-01-2012, 06:07 AM
I have a feeling Bradshaw is going to dominate this game, I can see Wilson getting just around 10 carries if that.

^ +1

They say Bradshaw's feet are giving him problems, It does not Look Like it to me, the way he Runs !

RoanokeFan
12-01-2012, 06:38 AM
^ +1

They say Bradshaw's feet are giving him problems, It does not Look Like it to me, the way he Runs !

He has bad feet. Has since college. He plays through the pain.

Rat_bastich
12-01-2012, 06:54 AM
This is his chance to not grab the bull by it's horns, but to grab the ******* by his testicles and twist them bad boys!! Hopefully he takes advantage of it....and washes his hands afterwards.

Also, TC needs to get with the times and not use ratchet anymore...apparently it means something else now.

RoanokeFan
12-01-2012, 07:42 AM
This is his chance to not grab the bull by it's horns, but to grab the ******* by his testicles and twist them bad boys!! Hopefully he takes advantage of it....and washes his hands afterwards.

Also, TC needs to get with the times and not use ratchet anymore...apparently it means something else now.

What's wrong with ratchet?

stormblue
12-01-2012, 07:49 AM
What's wrong with ratchet?
in today's slang it means....

disgusting female -- original source is likely a corruption of "rat ****." Ratchet is a much more substantial insult than "*****" or "ho," and much more likely to give offense or be considered a "fighting" word.

RoanokeFan
12-01-2012, 07:54 AM
in today's slang it means....

disgusting female -- original source is likely a corruption of "rat ****." Ratchet is a much more substantial insult than "*****" or "ho," and much more likely to give offense or be considered a "fighting" word.

Seriously? Damn, how things have changed

stormblue
12-01-2012, 07:59 AM
Seriously? Damn, how things have changed

i know......way back 40 years ago when i was in high-school.......
we just called 'em "cheerleaders".. ha-ha !

:cool:

RoanokeFan
12-01-2012, 08:01 AM
i know......way back 40 years ago when i was in high-school.......
we just called 'em "cheerleaders".. ha-ha !

:cool:

I'm really amazed but times change and I clearly have not kept u[.